Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,146 members, 7,829,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died (15593 Views)

Ambrose Ali University Hikes Freshers Fees by 200% / PHOTOS: See What They Did To An Ambrose Ali University Graduate / Abrose Ali Uni.(aau)direct Entry And Diploma Form For 2015/2016 Session Is On-sa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 23, 2012
Very unfortunate.
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by iskonne(m): 10:28pm On Mar 23, 2012
Too bad!!!
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by Bastiger(m): 10:32pm On Mar 23, 2012
Whether its a well or reservoir,were the university authorities waiting d death of these young undergraduates b4 they sink a borehole or get the state government to do it for them,see how laxity and carelessness has bereaved 3 families of thir luvd ones.
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by OAM4J: 10:43pm On Mar 23, 2012
So sad, really unfortunate.
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by osajojo(m): 11:08pm On Mar 23, 2012
The school authorities are to be blamed. With all the increment of sch fees are there not suppose to be shower pipes running in the hostels. They pay for this accomodation and yet they get this poor facilities. I remember when I was in nysc camp it was water shortage all the time. My question is that why can't government give the best. Anytime they make things available for youths its either its not sufficient or not available. Must youths of this country queue up for what's theirs all their lives. I have said it repeatedly that our elders and leaders are the alpha and omega of our problems. Nigeria is a big joke. Tears tears
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by Amazonjoe(f): 11:28pm On Mar 23, 2012
It is well o. May their gentle souls rest in perfect peace and heal the remainig five, in Jesus. Amen
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by Divine3: 11:44pm On Mar 23, 2012
Ekpoma and wahala of water, it makes me remember back in d days, na wa sha! may their soul RIP.
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by efemena1: 1:00am On Mar 24, 2012
From the pictures posted here, the hostel were this incident occurred is kudirat hostel. Its not a well as ithas been rightly said, its a reservoir for storing water. That reservoir has been dere for years now. As at 2005 when I left the place, that reservoir has been there. For those of us who think you can just call a local digger to dig a borehole, ekpoma's terrain is far beyond that. If within the town people cannot even sink a borehole, how much more within the school premises. There is a dam owned and operated by the school authorities. I remember late stella obasanjo tried to link up the school dam to supply water to the whole ekpoma community, but it ended up as a white elephant project. Sinking borehole in ekpoma is simply impossible, try to understand that. If the ladies were fetching water from the reservoir, it means as at that period when the incidence took place, there was no water been pumped from the school dam. I can assure you, the dam owned by the school is far better than the so-called waterworks which most states claim to own. If u need to see pics of what the dam looks like, just hola. Ciao

2 Likes

Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by Mayflowa(m): 1:36am On Mar 24, 2012
[size=20pt]This is so disgusting. Imagine sending your daughter to school only to be killed there. Yes, they were killed. Going forward, all those responsible must pay dearly for these. Let the Parents of the affected especially the dead sue the State Government, The Governor, The University and the Vice Chancellor in a joint suit for N500M. They will sit up and learn about health, safety and environment. Things have been taken too much for granted in this country. Nansence!![/size]
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by chelseabmw(m): 1:39am On Mar 24, 2012
dont even know what to say. . .But this is terrible
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by kixo(m): 1:43am On Mar 24, 2012
I am a final year student of dat sch, d students hav always bin complainin abt some cracks arnd d well,but d sch paid deaf ears,№ω see d result...d girl dat died was a final year student of Business Admin and her name is Angelita,RIP
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by Outstrip(f): 3:06am On Mar 24, 2012
May their souls rest in peace
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by GboyegaD(m): 4:30am On Mar 24, 2012
So sad this is happening. Why on earth would they be washing on the well knowing it is the only source of water in the hall of residence I hope one day we would learn to apply common sense to the way we do things so as to avert the costly consequence of our carelessness.
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by GboyegaD(m): 4:32am On Mar 24, 2012
kixo: I am a final year student of dat sch, d students hav always bin complainin abt some cracks arnd d well,but d sch paid deaf ears,№ω see d result...d girl dat died was a final year student of Business Admin and her name is Angelita,RIP

Despite noticing the cracks around the well they cared less and now you are blaming management as though they were compelled to wash on the well. May her soul find rest with God.
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by nazzyon(m): 5:50am On Mar 24, 2012
stagger: Three years to the deadline for achievement of Millenium Development Goals, and Nigerian universities are still using wells!

Yet the stupid UN report on MDGs actually said that 80% of the world's population have access to safe water!

They never said Nigeria is part of the 80%, did they?
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by SIRBANYE(m): 6:26am On Mar 24, 2012
May their soul rest in peace. I will like to use this meduim to correct this misconception, first and foremost, its a water storage reservoir not a well. The school as a dam which supplies water in the hostels, which most of the town indigines fetch from. All my years I schooled there I often wondered y people would stand on such a structure to do their laundry. Though they needed maintenance, but the girls should never have stood untop such an old structure, its a clear case of ignorance of their part. May the souls of the dead find eternal rest.
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by Chinatownm(m): 7:48am On Mar 24, 2012
[color=#770077][/color]
odedipapa: RIP...bt washing on d well isn't sane
. Sum mistakes just hapen bcus we take certain tins 4grantd, its not al bout how sane we are dat makes us to avoids mistakes. But in al may there soul rest in peace. My heart goes out to their parents n loves ones
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by eherbal(m): 8:07am On Mar 24, 2012
afam4eva: This kind of death is embarrassing. May their souls RIP.
death is death. God save us all.
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by eherbal(m): 8:09am On Mar 24, 2012
Chinatown m: [color=#770077][/color][i][/i]. Sum mistakes just hapen bcus we take certain tins 4grantd, its not al bout how sane we are dat makes us to avoids mistakes. But in al may there soul rest in peace. My heart goes out to their parents n loves ones
some tins happen cause they're meant to. it Was how they were meant to go.
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by elampiro(m): 8:38am On Mar 24, 2012
Reference: angry angry angry What kind of nonsense is this. You mean this university cannot provide a borehole for its halls of residence. I mean what is the basis of accrediting these institutions in the first place. This is disgusting, unfortunate and believe me someone is culpable for this. If the university cannot provide boreholes with at least a hand pump in this day and age it should go on recess. What are they doing with the billions they receive each year. What is the ETF doing. If it is strike for pay ASUU are champions. Just look at the water these poor folks are using. Pity. Someone must be held for this criminal act. MTSRIP.
The university has a borehole inside the campus which supplies clean fresh water to the entire campus (including the school hostel) and even people from the community drive in to fetch for drinking. This incident I am sure happened outside the campus, private hostel owned by an individual landlord. It is hard to sink a well in Ekpoma, hence the community relies on such well (mini water reservoir) for water for all needs except drinking.
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by seunlayi(m): 10:11am On Mar 24, 2012
Why would somebody be sitting on the type of delicate well that is in this pictures. Deliberately playing with death? I pray that their cherished soul rest in perfect peace.

1 Like

Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by sirp2007: 10:39am On Mar 24, 2012
May their soul rest in peace.
Lessons to been learnt here is that never step on,climb,work on or stay on top of any man made under ground structure(chambers,suckaway,tunnel cover etc)cos it can collapse anything.We should learn to be safety conscious since authoritise in nig are not meeting up their responsibility.
Again l sympathise with their family.
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by Rastaman007: 10:45am On Mar 24, 2012
[quote author=pwilliams]
Update report reaching us God so kind the two girls dat was reported dead later live, one woke up in the mortuary y d other woke up as she was about to b taking into d mortuary,so we should give thanks to God
if its a joke den u are d new world greatest fool../bt oda way
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by bingiz: 11:41am On Mar 24, 2012
Nigeria only needs to revisit, review and re-organize her urban construction policies as other countries are doing. This is just the beginning. In a few years we will be having buildings collapse with people in them. most towns and cities still use buildings that are over 60 years old and Landlords are taking rent payments on these rubbish...
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by bright007(f): 11:51am On Mar 24, 2012
Wat ån accident! cryWat ån accident!
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by Biscute(f): 12:03pm On Mar 24, 2012
Rituals , Ritualist you must not go unpunished[b][/b]
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by thehomer: 12:29pm On Mar 24, 2012
A well? So a university cannot provide running water for the students? And people wonder why Nigeria is unable to meet the MDGs.
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by dj5naira(m): 1:31pm On Mar 24, 2012
It's well, even in the well.
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by eklassical(m): 2:26pm On Mar 24, 2012
Biscute: Rituals , Ritualist you must not go unpunished[b][/b]

which one be ritualist again??
Ascribing every tragedy2voodoo..*smh
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by knowledge4(m): 7:58pm On Mar 24, 2012
One of the girls who died is the zonal choir cordinator of a Redeemed Christian Church in Lagos and well known to my family.
It is sad that she died untimely in an avoidable circumstance.
How can a University hostel in the 21st century have a well as the only source of water?
A well is an outdated source of water supply.
Why can not the authorities sink a borehole for the students?
How much does it cost to sink a borehole that the university could not do it for so many years? N300k at most!
The well shown in the picture does not look like a normal well.
It is too wide for a well.A well should have a lid.
The school authorities should be sued for their negligence.
Sitting on a well to wash is unheard of,too much a risk if that story is indeed true.
May their souls rest in perfect peace.
Re: 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died by Tobiustobius: 8:37pm On Mar 24, 2012
e-herbal:
some tins happen cause they're meant to. it Was how they were meant to go.

How they were meant to go, my eye. Even if I'm supposed to die tomorrow, I'm pretty sure I'm not 'meant to go' by falling into a well/reservoir.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Auchi Poly Spat Semester Result Checker / Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? / Religious Propagation On Nigerian Campuses: Infringement Of Rights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.