Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,807 members, 7,820,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? (16449 Views)

Electric Cable At First Bank ATM Mile 12, Lagos (photos) / N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals / Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by denitro(m): 8:35am On Mar 24, 2012
Ecobank took my N60,000.. Its been 2 years now....
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by hyperbolic(m): 8:43am On Mar 24, 2012
Use any of †ђξ Access bank card today at any bank ‎​Ãήϑ sees ​ΨђåƮ will happen
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 24, 2012
denitro: Ecobank took my N60,000.. Its been 2 years now....

sorry ooo, that's over 200 UK pounds. And there must be hundreds of cases like that, even if not thousands. I hope sanusi cashless policy works out well.
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by collinsfbi(m): 9:00am On Mar 24, 2012
denitro: Ecobank took my N60,000.. Its been 2 years now....

It's all because you allow it. As for me, I must get the money back and I will surely get it. Normally, ATM machines are programmed to credit any un-dispense cash back the account owner within 24hrs but some machines are not. While some time the cash will come out after you must have left, I am sure of this because I have witnessed it before. In situation where you are debited and the cash did not come, locate the branch that control such ATM point and fill a form, between 5days your acct will be credited.

Gbamm over and out
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by mployer(m): 9:07am On Mar 24, 2012
I had simillar experience with GTbank ATM about a week ago. Surprisingly I kept getting series of credit and debit sms all that day. Finally my balance was intact cool
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by iluvnaija: 9:16am On Mar 24, 2012
More frustrations when cashless policy starts. Be ready!
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by Slopezee: 9:23am On Mar 24, 2012
Den eat d atm back na...revenge :DDen eat d atm back na...revenge

1 Like

Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by chineloSA(f): 9:26am On Mar 24, 2012
grin grin grin

I like the topic '' ATE HER MONEY'''
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by Iolo(m): 9:29am On Mar 24, 2012
Jasiel: Access Bank Is Most Useless - What Should I Do?

angryokay, so i went to withdraw some money from a first bank atm with an access card only for the machine to debit me and pay me nothing. i'm really getting fed up and frustrated. i cant sleep for this reason, nor can i even study and im just so upset about the whole thing. you might wonder what the big deal is and why i wont just go and complain:

I'll give you two reasons
1. this is not the first time this is happening
2. i need the money like right now

The first time it happened, I complained but nothing was done about it-i decided not to drag it cos it was a small amount. now, the amount is big and I'm feeling nauseated right now. I'm thinking of storming the bank first thing Monday morning and yelling the whole place down. short of this, I don't know what else to do? can u guys please help me out

First things First, depending on why the ATM was unable to give you cash, your account may be credited with the amout you were trying to withdraw within 24hrs (this is the norm).

If this doesn't happen, walk into your home branch (where you opened the account) to lodge a complaint. They'd give you a form to fill.

You need to be friendly to the staff so they'd help you push things through. Being insultive or aggresive never helps.

Once you fill and submit the form, the staff would send emails to Interswitch and Firstbank notifying them and requesting a reversal of that transaction since you weren't cashed but debited.

Follow the staff in charge of your case closely and hopefully things would settle within a week.

If this doesn't work, visit the accessbank website, get their customer care email address and send them a comprehensive email detailing your situation with relevant details such as the date it happened, your ac numba, where the atm was located etc etc.

@ the end of the day you should get your money back.
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by chineloSA(f): 9:30am On Mar 24, 2012
grin grin grin grin Crazy

Slopezee: Den eat d atm back na...revenge :DDen eat d atm back na...revenge
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by mykejones(m): 9:38am On Mar 24, 2012
Girlfriend gav me skl fees2pay for her. UBA machine rolls d bills,but didn't give me. I jus stand dia,confused..i jus start dey cry.
I started cryin because UBA no b bank to Zap wit.
I enter d bank,start2dey beg dem frm desk2desk. Am sure they stl knw me in dat bank 4years latr.
48hours latr,dem personally cal me 2com collect am.
My sister,beg dem o
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by Fourcade(m): 9:41am On Mar 24, 2012
ate?
something wey still dey im stomach na im you dey talk say e dun chaw grin

Just equip yourself with what Odiaero said,else everything you tell the banker/manager would be stories.
Pele.
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by joshfash(m): 9:42am On Mar 24, 2012
Sorry about dt, normally, the system is supposed to reverse the moni within 24hours but if it doesnt, walk into the nearest access bank and complain. Go wit ur atm card nd biro cos u 'l be given a form to fill.
Ur moni is safe, so there is no point flaring up wen u go to the bank. Ve a nice weekend.
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by ifyalways(f): 9:44am On Mar 24, 2012
Odunnu: Even if its as low as N500 I used an ATM to withdraw and it didnt dispense yet debited my a/c, I will not rest until its credited and apology tendered.

Wait till Monday and report officially to both banks. What nonsense!
aka + ukwu gum. Lol
You are right though.
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by stagger: 9:55am On Mar 24, 2012
Eat the ATM! After all, it ate your money!

Seriously, just lodge a written complaint with your bank and the money should be refunded.
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by lumideezle(m): 10:10am On Mar 24, 2012
@ Op I'm sure som1 must have said this cldnt go thru all d responce. What u exprienced is called a cash retract. It happens a lot thanks to the ailing infrasturcture in Naija so know that u are nt alone in the issue.

Solution: walk into any access bank and explain 2 dem or just tell them u need a cash retract form (I hope that's what they call it in access Bank )A form wld b given and ensure u fill it accurately and my dear this is d sad part buh u hv 2 wait expecially cuz its btw 2 diff banks so pls be patient but for sure ur account wld b credited.

To Prevent this from happening in future: the problem is usually network failure and power is a mojor factor. Unless I tell u 2 build another Kanji dam, that can ensure 24hrs power there is no definate solution to the problem buh I can give u a few tips I use myslf
1)Always use access banks Atms as convinient as possible altho this does nt prevent a cash retract from happening it ensures that u wld get ur money in less than a week cuz its within d bank

2)Observe b4 using: observe the Atm machine b4 using it allow one or 2 plp use b4 u,expeciall plp with access bank cards. Notice if the machine is always going offline that's ur clue 2 run, notice if its taking soo long 2 pay an individual that shows slow network and cld easily depreciate in2 no network.

3) Pray and talk: lool as funny as this sounds I do it a lot being an IT person I belive from exprience that machines understand English lol so I just tell d machine 2 b a good boy and nt mess up lol.
In conclution ATM technology is a wonderfull initiative pls do not allow expriences like this deter u from using it. It cld b a one in a life time exp. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by mctemmy(f): 10:17am On Mar 24, 2012
If I were u,I go rush quick go wake gani or fela or bola ige make they com fight the bank for miiiiii!!!!simple as abc heheheheheheheheheheheheh
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by richjohn1(m): 11:25am On Mar 24, 2012
i totally undertsnd hw u feel, poster.

cos u need the money like ryt now.

bt my dear, u need to go borrow frm somwhere else oo for now.

like they said here, on monday, you go to your bank, access bank. complain to them. they will check your account history to confirm the transaction didnt reverse.
cos its actually meant to reverse within 24 hours.

where it didnt, they will give you a dispense error form to fill and within 5 working days, your money shld be in ur account.

please also complain about the first time this happened to you. they will chec too and you fill a dispense error form for it.

cos that first money is just lying ther in the bank's cash till.

people have issues and just forget about their monies in banks. these monies will still be left there by the bank and will be there forever unless a sharp sharp runs staff decides to steals it.

Best post so far this is someone who understands banking operations
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by JeffGuo(m): 12:33pm On Mar 24, 2012
Don't worry, within 3 days you will receive a sms that your account has been credited with the amount you chopped coz of the atm error. But the efficiency is very low, ibi?
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Mar 24, 2012
It happened to me this last wed. I use access bank card. I tried access bk atm, no show,i crossed the road and tried eko bnk, the same thing, i realised the problem is from access and left. Two hours later, i started getting debit notice, one from access and two from eko bnk cos i tried twice there. Have lodged complaint at access and filled form bt nothing yet.will try again on monday.even though the money is small ,i must collect it. Wont give them rest.
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by Daymauler: 1:16pm On Mar 24, 2012
@op and others like her. The Central Bank of Nigeria just created a new department this week. The department called Consumer Protection Department is majorly setup to handle such cases as this if after lodging the complain with the DMB (deposit Money Bank) involved without resolution. You can go to the nearest CBN branch close to you and lodge your complaint. The DMB involved will be charged per (unresolved) day and your case and similar ones would be solved and discourage DMBs from not resolving such problems within the stipulated period, which I think, is maximum of 48 hours
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 24, 2012
Imagine! The same wahala wit our ATM's this days...we neva finish talk yet, anoda one dey happen...Skye Bank why nau? I need my 30k ASAP! My Account was debited yet the ATM failed to dispense cash, 30k wey i wan manage 4 weekend...Haba!
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by dapo338(m): 2:44pm On Mar 24, 2012
The Atm machine will automatically reverse your account before 24 hours and it it does not then go to your branch and ask for ATM depenses error form, fill it and submit it and they will put back ur money before 2 weeks.
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 24, 2012
Must the reversal take 2weeks? I used Skye Bank ATM on one of their ATM Machines @ VI. Hope this won't take upto 5 working days if the reversal is not made within 48hrs..
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by neksummi(m): 3:37pm On Mar 24, 2012
This thing don tire me. It happened to me twice in one week at first bant ATMs!
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by oderemo(m): 3:37pm On Mar 24, 2012
last yr. nov. same thing happened to in abeokuta with oceanic bk ,the amt involved was 40k, went straight to the desk and lodged my complain all with the sinking intention that my 40k was gone for good. low and behold my 40k was credited back the next day. cant believe it cos i had already lost hope of getting it back . there is hope.
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 24, 2012
Daymauler: @op and others like her. The Central Bank of Nigeria just created a new department this week. The department called Consumer Protection Department is majorly setup to handle such cases as this if after lodging the complain with the DMB (deposit Money Bank) involved without resolution. You can go to the nearest CBN branch close to you and lodge your complaint. The DMB involved will be charged per (unresolved) day and your case and similar ones would be solved and discourage DMBs from not resolving such problems within the stipulated period, which I think, is maximum of 48 hours

Finally. No more wayo.
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by IYANGBALI: 3:54pm On Mar 24, 2012
eat and swallow your ATM card
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by Phrankin(m): 4:04pm On Mar 24, 2012
strangerf: Nigeria. . . very incompetent.

Sub-par banks, substandard machines, stupiddd customers.

SMH @ a grown a/s/s/ woman who cant use an ATM smoothly.
May thunder strike you down there. olodo pig
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by Phrankin(m): 4:20pm On Mar 24, 2012
odiaero:

Different banks dont do 24hours return, it is only same banks, in this case op must fill form
Different banks do 24hr automatic return. Last week i wanted to withdraw some cash from my access bank account on a first bank atm. I was credited but it didn't dispense the cash. The transaction was reversed about 4hrs later.
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by ochukoccna: 4:25pm On Mar 24, 2012
@ OP, the issue is most likely from Access bank esp if you were banking before with Intercontinental Bank
As of last week, you couldn't use your IB Plc ATM card to withdraw money embarassed embarassed embarassed
Reason?
They had disabled IB Plc's switch shocked shocked shocked shocked
Now is that dumb or what! grin grin grin grin
Prior to that IB Plc's ATMs work in starts and stops on their network
I currently have a similar problem like yours& have filled the so called form
I withdrew 80k but got billed for 120k on an Access bank ATM
I only got to know when customer care helped me check my acct balance
They have serious issues with integrating IB Plc's customers
Except you use the cashier in withdrawing, you receive no alerts
Money was deposited in my acct yesterday but I'm yet to be notified as I type
Let's hope they solve it ASAP seeing many people had similar compliants whilst I was filling out the form
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by danielng: 4:34pm On Mar 24, 2012
I have experienced same at First Bank ATM...i think this bank should work on the infrastructure.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Tips To Help You Profit More From Your Online Business / Share Your Worst Business Experience / Nigeria Can Now Send Money Out Via Western Union

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.