Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,895 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God (8132 Views)

Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother / The Interesting things About God / Conversation Between An Atheist Professor And His Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 26, 2012
islamrules: My dear atheist,

I agree that there is no God. What about voodoo magic? What about metaphisal power.

Yorubas sight incantations to Aje/witches, Orunmila, Osun and it works. Money rituals, Bullet proofs e.t.c. Can you scientist, atheist explain them ? Nope.

laughing here.

And the source of these evil spirit was accounted for by the bible.

Atheist are disillusioned set of people. Most celebrity atheist belongs to one spritual secret society and the other. They claimed to be atheist and worship Lucifer, Illuminati, Satan.

But embryonic atheists dont even know what atheism entails.

You know you are dumb right , why would I believe in denons , djinns and other deities and not in God. For clarification , anyone who believes in an spiritual or occultic group isn't an atheist , guess you are the one who is confused and disillusioned.
Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by Kay17: 3:23pm On Mar 26, 2012
@jmoore

I don't know Jehovah?? That's funny. You'd have to define Jehovah, you'd have to draw out a line of his limitation so we can best understand him. Also provide the necessity for natural principles which the universe works by? Remember in a world of nothing, no rules to conform to.

@Sweetnecta @joe4christ

Its a sad argument that collapses on itself to assert that complexity is best explained by another complexity. We R looking for the roots/beginning of a complexity (Universe), you introduce a greater one to explain the lesser one. I'm compelled to ask for that's roots. A designer which is life, with an intelligent creative mind, combined with energy to activate its intents came before the Universe?!

Besides that designer argument suggests nothing existed prior to the emergence of the Universe, which begs the question: Can something come out of nothing?
Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by Kay17: 3:39pm On Mar 26, 2012
@Islamrules

Its unfortunate the Quran has feed you with sad superstition, but note they are not real!

Nobody did split the moon, neither were stars "created" as missiles against mythical creatures.

Juju and co are superstition which are common in almost all African cultures, its their colourful view of the world. Nobody "chests" bullets, or moves mountains or rivers. They are not be taken seriously.

You need to go out and understand the world, understand culture. Read on Buddhism, Jainism, Hinduism,Shinto etc and understand how they explain phenonema. Everything is as black and white Islam paints things. Because ppl don't agree with Islam doesn't mean they are Satanic worshippers or hate Allah.

Try to sincerely understand atheists.
Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by mail4gift2(m): 3:51pm On Mar 26, 2012
Mankind is really getting stupid everyday.....who in his normal sense will say there is no God? who can battle with my LORD, who is holy and clean enuf to enter into the presence of my LORD? Who can detect the ways of my LORD? who? i say who?

Its high time Mankind go back to God, if there is no God, how can you people explain Time? Life? Death and Resurrection? If there is no God, how come that barren woman whom 82 world-class doctors declared barren and then she turned to the ONLY DOCTOR she know can help her, one year later, she gave birth to a bouncing baby boy....Who can open the door my LORD SHUT? and who can SHUT the Door My LORD opens? who? who is worthy to stand in the presence of MY LORD? who? Who can make a way, where men/governors, presidents, commissioners, ritualist, evil doers, say there is no WAY, who? Who can make a way in the wilderness, Who can make river in the desert? WHO? WHO? Except MY LORD.......who else?

Let the wicked man forsake his evil ways and the Unrighteous man his thoughts and turn to God, HE is full of mercy and forgiveness..........

Who can battle with MY LORD?...............................who?

Thank you LORD for hiding this things from The Wise and learned and revealing it to LITTLE CHILDREN.

He that has ears to hear, LET HIM HEAR
Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by scribble: 3:58pm On Mar 26, 2012
senben: This is Blasphemy.

nah its just stupidity.

its an act of pride, people who do not believe in God are selfish, egotistical and proud people who have read one too many books, watched one too many silly videos on Youtube and live/have lived in a predominantly godless society like the UK and USA.

Countries made great by their belief in God and experiencing decline due to their abandonement of God.

The few Nigerian elite, semi-elite who happen to have schooled abroad etc absorb the foolishness of their host countries due to the average black man's love for pleasure and material things. Its a relationship crafted in hades.
Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by kayusbrown(m): 4:14pm On Mar 26, 2012
Suppose their is a God then we may ask who created God? If we know who created God then we may also ask who created God's creator and we can continue like that without conclussion or choose to accept a final point as conclussion in which case the final point will still be God(the starting point)! If we are intellectually honest, we will agree that human reasoning is limited and some issues are beyond its comprehension!! The existence of the creator of the physical universe and the originator of biological life is a NECCESSITY and a CHALLENGE!!!
Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by chuqudy(m): 4:32pm On Mar 26, 2012
From supernatural happenings like miracles, magic etc one would believe that there are supernatural beings. The greatest among those supernatural beings is God. It would be difficult to convince an atheist that there is God. He can only believe if he or she experiences an extraordinary thing like where a person who died and was buried ressurects from dead. Or, when some one who was blind from childhood automatically regains his sight etc. I know there is God and there is devil. I have experienced miracles before. Anyone who says there is no God sounds like a fool to me just as the Holy Bible says.
Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by LogicMind: 5:00pm On Mar 26, 2012
maclatunji: I won't say don't be an atheist, the only thing I will say is that ensure that you will never die if you are an atheist.

So what are you doing alive?
Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by LogicMind: 5:05pm On Mar 26, 2012
Efiko:

Its a sure quote by an atheist; i guess he's reconsidering his position on the existance of God after much searching/mental exertion and seems to me he's very much close to the cross/salvation.

as for me, JESUS IS MY LORD

No sir you misunderstand.
What he said meant in essence that in order to end the search for the meaning/purpose of life on earth, we have to assume a God.

Assume ; verb (used with object) : to take for granted or without proof; suppose; postulate; posit
Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by LogicMind: 5:06pm On Mar 26, 2012
scribble:

nah its just stupidity.

its an act of pride, people who do not believe in God are selfish, egotistical and proud people who have read one too many books, watched one too many silly videos on Youtube and live/have lived in a predominantly godless society like the UK and USA.

Countries made great by their belief in God and experiencing decline due to their abandonement of God.

The few Nigerian elite, semi-elite who happen to have schooled abroad etc absorb the foolishness of their host countries due to the average black man's love for pleasure and material things. Its a relationship crafted in hades.

So are you an average black man?
Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by maclatunji: 5:09pm On Mar 26, 2012
Logic Mind:

So what are you doing alive?

This guy is so desperate to sound uber-intelligent that he will say anything, LMFSO! You dey fear to die?
Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by Henry40: 5:13pm On Mar 26, 2012
Seun: So you are saying some things can exist without being created by a designer, as long as we define them as such? Why not the universe, then? Could the universe not just simply have existed forever, just like you think God existed? When if we define the universe as a thing which has always existed and always will? If we do that, then we don't need the concept of God to explain things!

Scientifically, the Universe isn't "forever." It's called the Big B a n g Theory! The universe was formed after a large explosion. Following your same pattern of logic, can something with a beginning not have an end? Can something come from nothing? Or do you belong to the Hawking school of thought that holds the universe emerged from nothingness?
Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by ea7(m): 5:37pm On Mar 26, 2012
[quote author=joe4christ]What a shallow thinking mind you atheists indeed possesses? Dont be foolish in reasoning mehn, how do you explain the balances in nature itself?
Have you wondered what planet earth would've looked like if the the sun was a meter closer to the earth or a meter away?
Have you once asked yourself what force is holding the sun, moon, earth and the whole planets from falling, they are all suspended on space by which force? And what is the source of those forces?
You believe in the law of gravity and believe it is responsible for some natural activities but could you please tell me what exactly is the source of that law of gravity, here does it derive it's force from, or should we start talking about the lithosphere, atmosphere and oxygen etc, what exactly is their source?
You believe in evolution that man originated from ape, so why is there are there still thousand of apes around us, why did'nt they all turn human, or were their ancestors not in existance when your real ancestors of apes were gradually transforming into human?
There are some things not explained by science yet. Let me start with the easily explained ones.
1) Apes and humans (i mean mordern apes) evolved from a common ancestor.
2) No gravity(in the way you refer to )
in space, to make them fall
3) the planet would have looked different, and then we would have wondered differently
Your entire argument smacks up, I cannot explain it, thereby God/Thor/Odin/Ra/Zeus/Fliuytgaff
The one who's shallow minded is you.
Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by bankers: 5:43pm On Mar 26, 2012
It is only a fool that says in his heart that there is no God, Hell is expanding Everyday for all this people, get prepared for everlasting turture, you will ask jesus to have mercy on you but by then it will be too late, the devil will pour liquid fire on you if you dont repent, the bible says the these people shall have thier part in the LAKE OF FIRE where the fire does not quench nor the worms die, and the smoke of thier torment shall ascend for ever and ever be warned!!!
Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by ea7(m): 5:52pm On Mar 26, 2012
bankers:
It is only a fool that says in his heart that there is no God, Hell is expanding Everyday for all this people, get prepared for everlasting turture, you will ask jesus to have mercy on you but by then it will be too late, the devil will pour liquid fire on you if you dont repent, the bible says the these people shall have thier part in the LAKE OF FIRE where the fire does not quench nor the worms die, and the smoke of thier torment shall ascend for ever and ever be warned!!!
I love the love of God with shines through your words, Jesus would be proud.
Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by Cine(m): 5:55pm On Mar 26, 2012
The "backfire effect" is a term coined by Brendan Nyhan and Jason Reifler to describe how some individuals when confronted with evidence that conflicts with their beliefs come to hold their original position even more strongly:

source: http://www.skepdic.com/backfireeffect.html

^^
applies to religion conspiracy theories and any deeply held belief.

I challenge your position with facts, then the believer grows more convinced with their arguments, rather than say check, analyse, and then change their beliefs.

Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias, myside bias or verification bias) is a tendency of people to favor information that confirms their beliefs or hypotheses.[Note 1][1] People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. source: wikipedia.

All human beings suffer from both the backfire effect and the confirmation bias -- even when they're aware it exists. This I find is far more fascinating than say people arguing to and fro, only really concerned about getting their point across why God does or Doesn't exist.

Everyone here is a product of their nurturing and their natural state of mind. Some people believe more than others. Some people are more sociopathic than others i.e. there are those that can steal, murder, be adulterous and not lose a wink of sleep whilst another human doing the same could be filled with guilt and remorse for the rest of their lives.

We all know the book of Leviticus. It's my favourite book. Jesus often talked about the 'hypocrite' and even defined the term. How many Nigerian Christian do we all know who start quoting Leviticus when it comes to homosexuals, saying how the book calls them an abomination. But how many also choose to ignore the fact that eating shell fish, pork, snails and anything else that crawls (or is without legs) is also an abomination.

People pick and choose based on their nuturing and nature which sins they're prepared to commit and sleep with. I for instance could not walk in a shop and steal something without feeling ashamed or guilty... but could quite easily download and album/film/video game from the internet and not feel guilty. Is it stealing maybe. But I sleep well at night. it's an odd paradox. but anyhow... THINK.

1 Like

Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by Henry40: 5:57pm On Mar 26, 2012
bankers:

You have successfully failed to address any of the points of the OP, and yet, he seems to also believe in God. If I were an atheist I will Never become a Christian after listening to you, but I might after listening to the OP. Don't worry, when you stop working and start your own business you'll learn to put up more convincing arguments because then your feeding will depend on it.
Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by SoftVersion(m): 6:01pm On Mar 26, 2012
The Big Slam, I think is somehow biblical. God created something out of nothing, Let there be light and thereā€˜s light. Do you know how that light is formed? A thousand years is like a day to God.
Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by kodified(m): 6:02pm On Mar 26, 2012
I believe in God. But to blindly follow the tenets of any given religion leads is simply wrong. Some of the arguments put forth today for the existence of God make no sense. One poster asked for the explanation for gravity, atmosphere and all manner of things. Viewed strictly from our planet, life is indeed miraculous. But given an infinite number of planets, stars and galaxies, it is only logical that a set of circumstances will come together to create life as we know it. There is no logical argument for the existence of God. Either you believe or you don't. I do. Why? Because I feel it in my heart. It gives me peace. I am very uncomfortable with organised religion. It is always sold with fear. Follow us or you will burn in hell. I have never bought fear and I never will. I don't preach and I don't try to convert others. Religion is an extremely personal experience. Anyone who tells you otherwise has a hidden agenda. And I am not buying it.
Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by Cine(m): 6:07pm On Mar 26, 2012
On the question of God: I believe (sometimes), but understand that if I was born in Saudi Arabia to muslim parents who drilled the koran and only the koran into me I would be a Muslim not Christian.

I've had christianity drilled into me since I was a baby. It's difficult to move away when you've told ever since you were born that you would burn in hell if don't do this and don't do that. It's tough. I think parents should encourage children to find their own way. I certainly will. This is what I believe this is why I think I believe it.... go out there and make your own choices. If they ask for guidance I'll give it but force them, no. Trying to convince people on Nairaland why their wrong is just stupidity.

I find that nowadays I'm naturally more inclined to the idea of a deist god.... less the christian god. But the Christian God will always be with me for reasons I've already explained.

And the absolute last thing I need is another Christian telling me what I need to do or not do, or telling me they hope God will open my eyes. I don't want that condescending bullshit. I am me you are you. Lets leave it at that.
Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by ea7(m): 6:24pm On Mar 26, 2012
Cine: On the question of God: I believe (sometimes), but understand that if I was born in Saudi Arabia to muslim parents who drilled the koran and only the koran into me I would be a Muslim not Christian.

I've had christianity drilled into me since I was a baby. It's difficult to move away when you've told ever since you were born that you would burn in hell if don't do this and don't do that. It's tough. I think parents should encourage children to find their own way. I certainly will. This is what I believe this is why I think I believe it.... go out there and make your own choices. If they ask for guidance I'll give it but force them, no. Trying to convince people on Nairaland why their wrong is just stupidity.

I find that nowadays I'm naturally more inclined to the idea of a deist god.... less the christian god. But the Christian God will always be with me for reasons I've already explained.

And the absolute last thing I need is another Christian telling me what I need to do or not do, or telling me they hope God will open my eyes. I don't want that condescending bullshit. I am me you are you. Lets leave it at that.
damn nairaland, deleted my post. As I was about to post, any argument I formulate to make me conclude deism also has a built in rebuttal. A thick argument with friends at school about xtianity sent me reeling with a headache, I'll post something l8r
Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by ea7(m): 6:25pm On Mar 26, 2012
Cine: On the question of God: I believe (sometimes), but understand that if I was born in Saudi Arabia to muslim parents who drilled the koran and only the koran into me I would be a Muslim not Christian.

Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by LogicMind: 6:55pm On Mar 26, 2012
maclatunji:

This guy is so desperate to sound uber-intelligent that he will say anything, LMFSO! You dey fear to die?

Was it a difficult question for you to answer?
Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by maninmood(m): 7:13pm On Mar 26, 2012
Logic Mind:

Was it a difficult question for you to answer?

I just pray that you do not have a problem or the other. I have once been in your shoe but had some problems which only God solved. Where do you think you are while you are sound asleep and dreaming? Do you believe in sub-conscious mind? You formed out of nothing I guess? Why is human race not in Mars/ Jupiter/Pluto? Why on earth? Why did man just invent an airplane just about a century ago, why not like 500BC? Don't you think , by this virtue, human brain/thinking is limited? Your car you are driving? How did it get into existence? Out of Nothing? To take a single step, it requires 200muscles? Who planned that perfectly? Since Humans cannot cure Cancer, AIDS/HIV, and other diseases which they termed 'incurable'; do we say they are not real? Just cuz humans are not yet with the core knowledge about existence, why do they come with an assumption about gravity,et al? What is behind gravity? Gravitational force isn't in the space, like moon? What is holding moon from falling? Who planned all other planets strategically? Your becoming a man, your breathing, everything? Did they all come out of nothing? Who gave you the knowledge to think there is no God? What is behind that knowledge? Why did only mankind have consciousness? Why not other creatures? Do you believe in spirit? Have you seen a ghost before? As a toddler , while you were young, who taught you how to walk? talk? and understand your mother-tongue? How do you know the difference between truth and lies? Please think.

Finally, please stop challenging God? If you have a spiritual problems of some sort that no doctor or psychologist can cure, but prayer, then you will understand.

Can you explain life itself?
Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by Cine(m): 7:30pm On Mar 26, 2012
@maninmood

I just pray that you do not have a problem or the other. I ha into ve once been in your shoe but had some problems which only God solved. Where do you think you are while you are sound asleep and dreaming? Do you believe in sub-conscious mind? You formed out of nothing I guess? Why is human race not in Mars/ Jupiter/Pluto? Why on earth? Why did man just invent an airplane just about a century ago, why not like 500BC? Don't you think , by this virtue, human brain/thinking is limited? Your car you are driving? How did it get existence? Out of Nothing? To take a single step, it requires 200muscles? Who planned that perfectly? Since Humans cannot cure Cancer, AIDS/HIV, and other diseases which they termed 'incurable'; do we say they are not real? Just cuz humans are not yet with the core knowledge about existence, why do they come with an assumption about gravity,et al? What is behind gravity? Gravitational force isn't in the space, like moon? What is holding moon from falling? Who planned all other planets strategically? Your becoming a man, your breathing, everything? Did they all come out of nothing? Who gave you the knowledge to think there is no God? What is behind that knowledge? Why did only mankind have consciousness? Why not other creatures? Do you believe in spirit? Have you seen a ghost before? As a toddler , while you were young, who taught you how to walk? talk? and understand your mother-tongue? How do you know the difference between truth and lies? Please think.

Finally, please stop challenging God? If you have a spiritual problems of some sort that no doctor or psychologist can cure, but prayer, then you will understand.

Your comment in bold is not accurate or at least not very well defined. I mean define consciousness? Now I'm not trying to prove or disprove any of your arguments (they're mostly opinions anyway) as I'm sure you very much believe them, but on that one point you have to elaborate, as animals do surely have cognitive abilities/emotions etc.
Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by ea7(m): 7:34pm On Mar 26, 2012
maninmood:

I just pray that you do not have a problem or the other. I have once been in your shoe but had some problems which only God solved. Where do you think you are while you are sound asleep and dreaming? Do you believe in sub-conscious mind? You formed out of nothing I guess? Why is human race not in Mars/ Jupiter/Pluto? Why on earth? Why did man just invent an airplane just about a century ago, why not like 500BC? Don't you think , by this virtue, human brain/thinking is limited? Your car you are driving? How did it get into existence? Out of Nothing? To take a single step, it requires 200muscles? Who planned that perfectly? Since Humans cannot cure Cancer, AIDS/HIV, and other diseases which they termed 'incurable'; do we say they are not real? Just cuz humans are not yet with the core knowledge about existence, why do they come with an assumption about gravity,et al? What is behind gravity? Gravitational force isn't in the space, like moon? What is holding moon from falling? Who planned all other planets strategically? Your becoming a man, your breathing, everything? Did they all come out of nothing? Who gave you the knowledge to think there is no God? What is behind that knowledge? Why did only mankind have consciousness? Why not other creatures? Do you believe in spirit? Have you seen a ghost before? As a toddler , while you were young, who taught you how to walk? talk? and understand your mother-tongue? How do you know the difference between truth and lies? Please think.

pray something concrete into existence then talk. Or does your doG only work miracles where no one can see?
P.s the rest of your questions were absurd.
Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by Obi1kenobi(m): 8:16pm On Mar 26, 2012
scribble:

nah its just stupidity.

I find religious bigots (as you've exhibited) just as egotistical and proud (in a most unsubstantiated way too) and they are generally products of childhood indoctrination incapable of thinking any other way from the rigid dogmatic belief inculcated or beaten into them since birth. I can see the holistic, integrated, organic advancement of rabidly religious fanatics and god botherers in Nigeria. wink
scribble:
All your points exhibit crass ignorance but this was the worst. Western civilization wasn't made great by what you probably purport to be the God of the Abrahamic religions. If anything Western civilization witnessed a most unprecedented revival that sent them out of the dark ages when they embraced greater secularity and recognized plurality of philosophical thought. Western creativity and ingenuity under the new found liberation from religious constraints since the rennaisance made the white race the pre-eminent race on the planet coupled with visionary leadership that learnt to seperate religion from state.

The most advanced nations on the earth are the most secular. The most impoverished nations on earth are the most religious and superstitious. Go figure why that is.

scribble:
It's funny that the dominant religions in this country where absorbed from these "foolish hosts" (as you so sweetly put it). The average blackman's "love and pleasure for material things" is also a motivation for their religious fanaticism. If they are not dreaming of reaping wealth from the "seeds" they are "sowing", they're dreaming of a utopian afterlife where they'll walk gold-laden roads and live happily ever after. The black race is the most gullible and naive on the planet and are quickest to absorb EVERYTHING from their white masters including their religion and proceed to fight over it as if it's their own legacy.

In summary, you really don't know what you're talking about. I can just about cope with the god botherers disturbing my street. Just don't look to saddle your folly on everyone and moan because people don't agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by SNCOQ3(m): 8:25pm On Mar 26, 2012
Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by Jack65: 8:25pm On Mar 26, 2012
Is God willing to stop evil but not able, then he is not omnipotent. Is he able but not willing then he is malevolent, is he neither able nor willing then why call him God?
Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by Jack65: 8:34pm On Mar 26, 2012
Obi1kenobi:
I find religious bigots (as you've exhibited) just as egotistical and proud (in a most unsubstantiated way too) and they are generally products of childhood indoctrination incapable of thinking any other way from the rigid dogmatic belief inculcated or beaten into them since birth. I can see the holistic, integrated, organic advancement of rabidly religious fanatics and god botherers in Nigeria. wink

All your points exhibit crass ignorance but this was the worst. Western civilization wasn't made great by what you probably purport to be the God of the Abrahamic religions. If anything Western civilization witnessed a most unprecedented revival that sent them out of the dark ages when they embraced greater secularity and recognized plurality of philosophical thought. Western creativity and ingenuity under the new found liberation from religious constraints since the rennaisance made the white race the pre-eminent race on the planet coupled with visionary leadership that learnt to seperate religion from state.

The most advanced nations on the earth are the most secular. The most impoverished nations on earth are the most religious and superstitious. Go figure why that is.

It's funny that the dominant religions in this country where absorbed from these "foolish hosts" (as you so sweetly put it). The average blackman's "love and pleasure for material things" is also a motivation for their religious fanaticism. If they are not dreaming of reaping wealth from the "seeds" they are "sowing", they're dreaming of a utopian afterlife where they'll walk gold-laden roads and live happily ever after. The black race is the most gullible and naive on the planet and are quickest to absorb EVERYTHING from their white masters including their religion and proceed to fight over it as if it's their own legacy.

In summary, you really don't know what you're talking about. I can just about cope with the god botherers disturbing my street. Just don't look to saddle your folly on everyone and moan because people don't agree with you.

Obi, thanks for very well writen response.
Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by mazaje(m): 8:46pm On Mar 26, 2012
Obi1kenobi:

+ 1000
Re: Having A Conversation With an Atheist About God by jmoore(m): 8:48pm On Mar 26, 2012
Time to chill.........

The biggest problem with 'evidential' type arguments is that they leave man as the judge over God, rather than God as the judge over man. You see, even if one is convinced by an evidential type argument, the ultimate authority of that person could very easily remain their own ability to reason, and not God

Here is discussion with a former atheist now a christian who came back from hell after an outer body experience.

Howard storm:We are not going to hold it against you that you are ignorant,you don't know what you don't know. If you do not believe in God, that doesn't mean you have no God. You have a God, your God is you. You think your are God and you got the puniest most worthless God there is, yourself and it is about time you straighten out.There is a higher power, go to the source. If you go to the source, if you say Jesus, I need you, I never believed in you and I do not know if you are real but Jesus I need to know if you are real. will you come into my life?If you do that and you meant it from your heart and if you sit down there and wait and don't get all frustrated, getting impatient stuff like that but just say Jesus please come into my life,I have been a rotten person and I do not know why you touched a piece of filth like me but Jesus come into my life, which is what I did, he will come...

Tv host: why did you not do that before your experience?

Howard storm:I didn't know........ , you know what, all these philosophical speculations that you are doing all the time between existentialism and other stuffs..why don't you ask him if he is real?

Tv host:is that all it could have taken?

Howard storm:yes, because I really believe that he will do something, it doesn't necessarily gonna be struck by lightning...it may just be as John Wesley said a strange warming of the heart when you just know that you know that you know that you know.

For those still in doubt after all these, the conclusion awaits when we meet death.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Winners Chapel Intercessory Prayer Guidelines For 21-day Prayer & Fasting / What Are Your Favourite Hymns? / Who is most popular Priest in your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.