Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,219 members, 7,860,389 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:21 AM

Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline (58353 Views)

Benson Idahosa And Bishop David Oyedepo Pictured Together / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by bomigal(f): 10:58pm On Mar 24, 2012
Glory be to God!!! The God that is blessing Bishop will bless TUNDE AND BOMI. He who has begun a good work in us will perfect it. cheesy[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][/b][i][/i]
Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by DrKnow1(m): 11:05pm On Mar 24, 2012
seechris: Pls read the bible and see how greatly God blessed david ,BIshop oyedepo is an annointed man and this comes with great blessings so hate not.instead connect.a compilation of the churchs welfare activities will shut u guys up,u will be amazed at what this ministry is doing for the poor and needy.

Enough of this annointed bull.sh.it, not everyone is as gaullible as you are. Churches are supposed to be run as charity organisations where the needy are catered for but not as multi-business conglomerations. ALL THESE SO CALLED PASTORS ARE FRAUDS
Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by benzion72(m): 11:26pm On Mar 24, 2012
Dont really know what will satisfy Nigerian. Bishop Oyedepo through wisdom is getting more Nigerian out of poverty grip through creation of employment and you guys still they vex. Haba wetin go come satisfy you. No wonder Jesus himself has so many enemies in Pharesee and Saducee, the chief priest and judas.
Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by naijanedu(m): 11:45pm On Mar 24, 2012
Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by chiswaggs: 11:49pm On Mar 24, 2012
when you live according to the ways of God, you will spend money directly from His pocket. "bring ye al the tithes into my storehouse..... Test Me and see..... If you cannot appreciate God's work on a man's life you cannot partake of it. Its absurd to imagine that a certain group of people expect christians to be poor when the earth is the Lords. Even if all members of his congregation stop paying tithe, God will take care of him like He did 4 Elijah with ravens(birds). Ride on papa, I gbadu d annointing 4 prosperity. If dey said he was begging bread, you guyz will say and he calls himself a pastor, why can't that his God take care of him! Smh
Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by markpenk: 11:52pm On Mar 24, 2012
P.T. Barnum once said and I quote "a sucker is born everyday. And it is because of this that the con business will always be profitable". Over 100 years later, this still rings true. The man has a successful business because he understands how the human psychology works: Provide people with a solution to deeply held fears and problems and you'll get rich. Call it what you will, but I'll say, study his life, his business acumen and model it. You will find that you'll soon become more successful that you could have ever dreamed.
Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by Image123(m): 12:03am On Mar 25, 2012
Which is a sin, to mastur.bate or to launch a new airline?

1 Like

Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by chievo: 12:47am On Mar 25, 2012
bennyraz: Hmmmmmmmmmm.. It is well o.

even inside the well, is well
Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by nlofficial(m): 1:35am On Mar 25, 2012
jookco: The man is blessed with vision, the church get lot of money and need to invest it, this investment does not belong to the Bishop, the man in question have not earned one dime from the ministry for over 20 years now, he was not the first to build university, Oral Roberts university in Oklahoma produce members of the U.S House of rep and its one of the best christian university in the world, make una leave my pastor alone jare

Nobody is envying pastor Oyedepo, don't get it wrongly. God has blessed him, sure. But you know that there are somethings you shouldn't do as a pastor, especially one who has been controversial. If he had the airline before he became pastor, it would have been different. You know the height of stake that the gospel is nowadays.
Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by Winnerslfc(m): 6:08am On Mar 25, 2012
Lucario007: Cheii! wat is dis world turning to? preach the gospel through out the nation as Jesus said but this, this is just... i'm speechless!
So Jesus told you that while preaching the gospel it was wrong to establish own business hun?
Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by stillme(m): 7:44am On Mar 25, 2012
He who God has blessed no man curse,and he who God has cursed no man blessed. No one work with God and remains poor.
Abraham,the father of nations was a blessing. Bishop has every right to do what will glorify our God. What sin has he committed by launching an airline?
In the name of Jesus i tap from the source of his wealth. I shall be a blessing to the nation. In Jesus name,amen.
Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by hustla(m): 8:06am On Mar 25, 2012
*in WizKids voice* 'Na dem get their mouth,make them run dia mouth oo!' ....
When u r broke,dey say u can't feed ur family,insufficient they kal u,when u r rich,dey want to determine hw u spend it,na in bness hw e spend in money abeg,abi any of una papa give am owo when e dey start in shosh??
Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by tariqzplac(m): 8:35am On Mar 25, 2012
Father Lord give me the grace required to serve you diligently and grant me the ability to be a bright light to those around me... Also sharpen my ear to hear when you speak
Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by ITL: 9:02am On Mar 25, 2012
Church_enterprise models may not likely work in the long term. (case reference: Dowie's ZION CITY). The Church should strictly be run as a CHARITY.

JOHN ALEXANDER DOWIE was born in Edinboro' Scotland on May 25, 1847 and received his religious conviction — while singing a hymn from a street pulpit in that city — at age seven. His family emigrated to Australia when he was thirteen; there he attended seminary and held a number of pastoral positions in the Congregational Church before resigning the last to become a full-time non-denominational evangelist in 1878.
Announced to his followers at midnight on New Year's Eve 1899/1900, laid out in the form of a Union Jack, and planned for 200,000 souls, Dowie's City had almost everything: brickworks and lumber mills; an electrical generating plant; factories shipping lace, cookies, and candy around the world; a college; mammoth auditoriums and hotels; and even its own postage stamps.

Dowie owned everything personally, although settlers were offered 1,100-year leases (i.e., 100 years to usher in the Kingdom and 1,000 for Christ's millennial reign — after that, seemingly, you were on your own). The leases specifically forbade gambling, dancing, swearing, spitting, theaters, circuses, the manufacture and sale of alcohol or tobacco, pork, oysters, doctors, politicians — and tan-colored shoes. The city police carried a billy club on one hip and a Bible on the other; their helmets were adorned with a dove and the word "PATIENCE." At the height of his power and influence, Dowie was worth several million dollars and claimed 50,000 followers, 6,000 of whom lived in ZION CITY

Ref : http://www.james-joyce-music.com/extras/dowie_bio.html
Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by emsquare(m): 9:03am On Mar 25, 2012
The man has a dream - he is living it...
Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by ITL: 9:06am On Mar 25, 2012
Dowie's Zion City (Cont'd)

In 1901 Dowie proclaimed himself "Elijah the Restorer" and began to wear High-Priestly robes. This caused many disciples to fall away; the subsequent decrease in income combined with the expenses of building Zion marked the beginning of Dowie's slide into bankruptcy. It was at this time that rumors of his polygamous teaching and activities, use of alcohol, and extravagant lifestyle began to gain currency, not only in the world, but also within the Church.
Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by jamace(m): 9:36am On Mar 25, 2012
Questions for bishop oyedepo:

1. As a bishop, do you have reverends, pastors, deacons etc under you? Are they part of the planning of the biz?
2. Does your church has any hierachy, I mean, who will take over from you after your demise?
3. All the biz established, do the proceeds belong to the church or to you and your family?
4. As a bishop and head of your church, are you sure you are feeding the sheep or robbing the sheep?

David oyedepo, stop stealing in the name of the Lord! You are authoritarian, dictatorial and has no church hierachy. Invariably, the church is your personal biz and all the benefits accruing from it belong to you. Stop robbing your sheepish followers.

Religion without service is vain.

I pity members of this church and other churches fashioned in this format who are still donating their live earnings in the name of tithe to bizman pastors. No wonder the likes of oyedepo boast that they are prosperous because they are wise, using the ignorance of the poor to build biz empires for themselves.

I pity members of that church, donating their last penny trying to impress a "daddy" that is milking them dry, building a biz empire for himself and family.
Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by chiswaggs: 9:45am On Mar 25, 2012
please how many of you gave him money to start up any of his businesses or is it tax payers money he is using? Why is this thing affecting you people this much? U buy a shirt because that is what u can afford, he buyz a jet or launches an airline because that is what he can afford, how does it concern you? He preaches divine health and lives it, nobody complains, he preaches divine favour and lives it, nobody complains, he preaches holiness and lives it, nobody complains, whatz different about prosperity? Eh?
Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by ITL: 9:50am On Mar 25, 2012
Dowie's Zion city (cont'd)

In January of 1900, Dowie unveiled his plans to build a city called Zion outside of Chicago. It would be a “moral utopia” and it consumed him until his final days. He no longer gave himself to preaching divine healing, but to the matters of governing the rise of a new city.
Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by Reggie2(m): 9:52am On Mar 25, 2012
Brain washing is a terrible thing. It can even hypnotize a very intelligent fellow. Take for instance, Bible storing up of treasures. Where does a wise man store up his treasures? On earth or in heaven? What amounts to treasures in the Bible context? In Bible history, some were advised to sell personal possessions in furtherance of the GOOD NEWS. Is spreading of the good news not the sole business of a pastor? Why is he called a pastor in the first place? Mother Teresa could board a plane any time she wanted, yet she had no plane of her own. She refused to partake in luxury parties organised in her honour as this directly offended and contradicted her charity oriented ministry. She attended to humanity because in her words, all have been created in his image. She assisted the poor to die a dignified death, as God's creatures. In death she was celebrated even by the Hindu who were not Christians. Many were converted to Christianity after her death following her deep spirituality. Seeking of wealth is good but not Bible inspired. I will be careful not to pass judgement on anyone, because I am not perfect. But the Bible warned those who mislead others, that it is better that they tie a rope around the neck and be cast into the ocean.
Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by jarkbauer: 10:26am On Mar 25, 2012
This Man is no man of God. He is a man of business This is part of the sign of the last days. false prophets that will act in ways that may even deceive the chosen ones. his followers have lost the power to reason. i pity the fools that call him man of God. This man is no man of God but Satan
Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by asidere(m): 11:12am On Mar 25, 2012
Dont you know dat christianity of nowadays is real business.other churches will soon establish theirs.this dominion airline was not created 4 mass employment but only 4 a few.they ll make alot of money from it everyday.the church is a non profit organization while its businesses are profit making.
Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 25, 2012
buzugee: i got 5 scriptures for that charlatan

TITUS 1 VS 11 They must be silenced, because they are turning whole families away from the truth by their false teaching. And they do it only for money.

LUKE 6 VS 24 "But woe to you who are rich, for you are receiving your comfort in full.

1 TIMOTHY 5 VS 6 But she that lives in pleasure is dead while she lives.

JAMES 5 VS 5 You have spent your years on earth in luxury, satisfying your every desire. You have fattened yourselves for the day of slaughter.

JEREMIAH 50 VS 6 My people have been lost sheep; their shepherds have led them astray and caused them to roam on the mountains

Bless you.
Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by dare2think: 11:31am On Mar 25, 2012
More grease to your elbows almighty Oyedepo!

I hope you get richer and your family deserve all the comfort bestowed on them.

Your followers are so damn gullible they deserve what you are doing to them. They deserve to be conned.

More Jets, More Money and more luxury for you and your 'inner circle'!

To hell with your foolish followers!
Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by BusHouse(m): 12:20pm On Mar 25, 2012
jookco:

http://www.africareview.com/News/Nigerian+tycoon+pastor+launches+airline/-/979180/1372562/-/prfta8z/-/
Living Faith Church was originaly founded by a woman called Magaret Ohiani in kaduna in the 80s or so. it was during one of her trips to germany that she asked Oyeyipo now a bishop to hold brief before she comes back, wen she eventually came back she was not allowed to get close to the church not to talk of claiming back the leadership. To forstall any crisis situation Bishop Oyedepo hurried moved the church to lagos. The rest is now history. The question now is was he really called by God? otherwise the welfare of the less previlegde members of his church should be his concern.
Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by elampiro(m): 12:45pm On Mar 25, 2012
(1).Peter the Rock was a successful fisherman, but when he was called, he left everything and followed Jesus.''I will make you fishers of men''. This means to fish men for heaven and not for worldly wealth. Math 4.18. (2). '' You cannot worship God and money'' Math 6:24. '' No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money''. Jesus Christ. (3). Jesus told the rich young man to go and sell all his property, and give the money to the poor, and he will have treasure in heaven; and then come follow Him Mathew19:21. (4). '' Do not store treasure for yourself on earth where thief can enter and steal and moth can destroy, but in heaven where no thief can enter or rust or moth destroy. For where your treasure is, there also your heart will be'' Jesus Christ in Math 6.19. (5). The parable of the sower. Jesus made us know that because of the cares and worries of this world, some believers will miss heaven. Mathew 13:22. '' Now he who sowed seeds among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choked the word, and he becomes unfruitful.'' Jesus Christ. ............................... All of the above are from the Gospel, that is, Jesus' own words. Not old testament or act of the apostles, but the Master himself. Finally, I didn't hear of any investments or material acquisition by the apostles, but instead they gave up those pursuits for salvation. It is shocking these days how preaching has been geared towards prosperity and material acquisition but the very salvation that is the sole reason for Christianity has been relegated to the background. NOTE AND VERY KEY: Math 7:21-23. ''Not everyone who says to Me Lord, Lord shall enter into the kingdom of heaven but he who does the will of My Father in heaven''. ''Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'' ''And then I will declare to them ' I never knew you; depart from Me, you evil doer''.
Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by thehomer: 1:21pm On Mar 25, 2012
emmanuelhart55: Pls u guys shuld live my pastor alone, the bible says we are the head and not the tale, we will lend to many nations and not to borrow. Is dat not obvious that the words of God is coming to fulfilment glory.

You should be "the head and not the tale"(sic).

I hope you're posting from a mobile because you really need to get into the university the man has built.
Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by thehomer: 1:24pm On Mar 25, 2012
Some are simply unable to see problems with this man.
Isn't he the same person who slapped a child and was happy to boast about it? Now he floats an airline? I wonder how much of this money goes to the church.
Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by rareman(m): 1:27pm On Mar 25, 2012
pls I don't mind sowing seed into this man's life to tap into his blessings, wao! What a feet, pls if u don't like it help urself out somewhere else. Why is it that many people here don't like this man, even if he gives out all his church money, some people here will still find something against him. Pls let the pastor be, I remember in this forum it was mentioned that he opened a university of agriculture, gave scholarship to his church members, nobody remembers that now. Remember this is business opened to affect lives positively, he is also going to employ people directly and indirectly. Come to think of it how were you forced to pay for nepa bill how much of that light are enjoying, none of you here has gone to demand from government why it is so. Its only when hear man of God your ears mouth and hands will be itching. Because you feel he can do you nothing. Pls my advice to you guys is to get life and think deeply before running those your fingers on your keyboard or whatever.
Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by Ninilowo(m): 1:41pm On Mar 25, 2012
Through Jesus Christ our Lord.......... Amen amen amen. By the grace of Almighty God; amen amen amen Fela don talk am tay tay. Na so so "we", "our" na im the members they shout like them they get share from the proceeds. Even those of them without nada too they make yanga like die. I begiiiiiiii.
Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by Ozonna(m): 1:54pm On Mar 25, 2012
elampiro: (1).Peter the Rock was a successful fisherman, but when he was called, he left everything and followed Jesus.''I will make you fishers of men''. This means to fish men for heaven and not for worldly wealth. Math 4.18. (2). '' You cannot worship God and money'' Math 6:24. '' No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money''. Jesus Christ. (3). Jesus told the rich young man to go and sell all his property, and give the money to the poor, and he will have treasure in heaven; and then come follow Him Mathew19:21. (4). '' Do not store treasure for yourself on earth where thief can enter and steal and moth can destroy, but in heaven where no thief can enter or rust or moth destroy. For where your treasure is, there also your heart will be'' Jesus Christ in Math 6.19. (5). The parable of the sower. Jesus made us know that because of the cares and worries of this world, some believers will miss heaven. Mathew 13:22. '' Now he who sowed seeds among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choked the word, and he becomes unfruitful.'' Jesus Christ. ............................... All of the above are from the Gospel, that is, Jesus' own words. Not old testament or act of the apostles, but the Master himself. Finally, I didn't hear of any investments or material acquisition by the apostles, but instead they gave up those pursuits for salvation. It is shocking these days how preaching has been geared towards prosperity and material acquisition but the very salvation that is the sole reason for Christianity has been relegated to the background. NOTE AND VERY KEY: Math 7:21-23. ''Not everyone who says to Me Lord, Lord shall enter into the kingdom of heaven but he who does the will of My Father in heaven''. ''Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'' ''And then I will declare to them ' I never knew you; depart from Me, you evil doer''.

Dude, so u r saying that no richman can serve God in truth and in spirit? Are u saying dat Old testament bible should be disregarded? Even d New testaments wia Jesus didn't speak?

I wouldn't wanna judge anybody esp MOG (Fake or Real) but if I'm close to Bishop Oyedepo I'll advise dat every tithe paying person(1 year) of Winners chapel should pay 30% less air fare dan oda air passengers.
Re: Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline by Timmyspaco(m): 2:11pm On Mar 25, 2012
Am tired of ds so called men of God,always business concious but neva heavenly concious

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? / ATM Mobile Sets Spotted In Church (photo) / Pastor Sharp Sharp: I Suck Women’s Breasts To Deliver Them From Evil Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.