Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,833 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

The Issue Of HND Discrimination In The Civil Service - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Issue Of HND Discrimination In The Civil Service (15930 Views)

Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) / That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways / Age Discrimination In The Nigerian Job Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Issue Of HND Discrimination In The Civil Service by ishmael(m): 2:05pm On Jul 01, 2012
2sexy: Bsc or no Bsc... Who cares? I am a proud poly Grad and I will make more money in this world than most of my Bsc holders.

Does Nigeria really care about that? Where is the design, the machine, the technology, the development? Nigeria does not give a f***k who you are or where you come from.

I remember watching on AM Express a few years ago where a group of 3 UNILAG students built an hovercraft and it worked so well. During interview, the leader of the group said he has been on the project since year 1 but where are those guys today? Only God knows.

At my school in PTI, one mechanical engineering student built a one man helicopter, where is he today? Another guy in the electrical department designed and built a device that can be used lock your car even if the car was stolen and taken to Ghana, it wouldn't start.

Who cares about you? My advice to all HND holders is this, if you know your capacity and that you are very good, why worry yourself about what people think about your qualification or cert.? Albert E., Isaac Newton, Henry Ford and many more who changed the world didn't have as much education as most of us, but they did changed the way people value them. But then, we have to be in a place where the system are functioning and the basic infrastructure are available. That's why I will leave this country come 2013 / 2014. Over there you are more valued than in your own country.

Nah. . . Bsc holders can continue claim superiority, I don't give a damn. What I care about is my financial capacity, investments and businesses in the next 10-20 years from now.
Re: The Issue Of HND Discrimination In The Civil Service by ishmael(m): 2:06pm On Jul 01, 2012
2sexy: Bsc or no Bsc... Who cares? I am a proud poly Grad and I will make more money in this world than most of my Bsc holders.

Does Nigeria really care about that? Where is the design, the machine, the technology, the development? Nigeria does not give a f***k who you are or where you come from.

I remember watching on AM Express a few years ago where a group of 3 UNILAG students built an hovercraft and it worked so well. During interview, the leader of the group said he has been on the project since year 1 but where are those guys today? Only God knows.

At my school in PTI, one mechanical engineering student built a one man helicopter, where is he today? Another guy in the electrical department designed and built a device that can be used lock your car even if the car was stolen and taken to Ghana, it wouldn't start.

Who cares about you? My advice to all HND holders is this, if you know your capacity and that you are very good, why worry yourself about what people think about your qualification or cert.? Albert E., Isaac Newton, Henry Ford and many more who changed the world didn't have as much education as most of us, but they did changed the way people value them. But then, we have to be in a place where the system are functioning and the basic infrastructure are available. That's why I will leave this country come 2013 / 2014. Over there you are more valued than in your own country.

Nah. . . Bsc holders can continue claim superiority, I don't give a damn. What I care about is my financial capacity, investments and businesses in the next 10-20 years from now.
Good talk.
Re: The Issue Of HND Discrimination In The Civil Service by AjanleKoko: 8:39am On Jul 02, 2012

So you own some Bsc holders? grin grin
Re: The Issue Of HND Discrimination In The Civil Service by 2sexy(m): 2:48pm On Jul 02, 2012
AjanleKoko:

So you own some Bsc holders? grin grin

Whatever!
Re: The Issue Of HND Discrimination In The Civil Service by ishmael(m): 3:50pm On Jul 02, 2012
2sexy:

Whatever!
Injustice against HND holders.
Re: The Issue Of HND Discrimination In The Civil Service by onisq(f): 8:42pm On Jul 22, 2012
Hmmm pple shud tink abt admission stress in diz country. Many pple aspire to b uni graduates bt after writng jamb exam 4 to 5 times wit no admission u dnt av a choice dan go to d polytechnic. It's nt like they dnt pass d exams, the admissions are nt just coming. Even though a polytechnic requires 4 credits, most of d students there av more dan dat. We all knw d power of connection in diz country.
Re: The Issue Of HND Discrimination In The Civil Service by olajide8(m): 6:08am On Jul 24, 2012
onisq: Hmmm pple shud tink abt admission stress in diz country. Many pple aspire to b uni graduates bt after writng jamb exam 4 to 5 times wit no admission u dnt av a choice dan go to d polytechnic. It's nt like they dnt pass d exams, the admissions are nt just coming. Even though a polytechnic requires 4 credits, most of d students there av more dan dat. We all knw d power of connection in diz country.
Sorry they need 5 level credit passes including maths and english just like universities
Re: The Issue Of HND Discrimination In The Civil Service by ishmael(m): 6:26pm On Jul 24, 2012
olajide_07:
Sorry they need 5 level credit passes including maths and english just like universities
You are current. Polytechnic entry qualification is the same as that of the university.
Re: The Issue Of HND Discrimination In The Civil Service by Kingscollege(m): 12:34pm On Feb 05, 2013
ishmael: You are current. Polytechnic entry qualification is the same as that of the university.
university admission is man no man tin wer a children of influntials go to irrespective of what they scored in jamb and pjamb but poly admission is toff and only candidate wit merit are given admission and poly grad do a lot o practical. This make poly grad more academically sound.
Re: The Issue Of HND Discrimination In The Civil Service by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 02, 2013
Who told these HNDs that they are better in practical? Are you saying an Engineering student will graduate without any practical knowledge? Most of them even use their spare time to learn their course in from the local experts apart from their practical in school. You don't have any edge over Bsc, you are not on par with Bsc, you are subordinate to Bsc.
OND and HND are there to fill lower position, Bsc graduates are equipped with adequate knowledge of practical and managerial skills. We give the directive and supervise you while you do the job, if we don't know the practical so well, we won't be asked to supervise what you do, period.
Re: The Issue Of HND Discrimination In The Civil Service by Walexz02(m): 4:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
^^^
Well done, clap for your self...
Ode!!!
Re: The Issue Of HND Discrimination In The Civil Service by kingsley989(m): 9:28am On Oct 03, 2013
Otunba_1: Pls stop comparing HND with Bsc as d entries requirement for both institution ar difference.I've seen pple who obtained HND cert from federal poly without either mathmatic/english or even with four credit pass in their o'level.So,wat u HND holders ar expectn from labour market if not to take u as inferior.
I've also know a few who gained admi and graduated in the university. So be mute I u have nothing good to say.
Re: The Issue Of HND Discrimination In The Civil Service by kingsley989(m): 9:28am On Oct 03, 2013
Otunba_1: Pls stop comparing HND with Bsc as d entries requirement for both institution ar difference.I've seen pple who obtained HND cert from federal poly without either mathmatic/english or even with four credit pass in their o'level.So,wat u HND holders ar expectn from labour market if not to take u as inferior.
I've also know a few who gained admi and graduated in the university. So be mute If u have nothing good to say.
Re: The Issue Of HND Discrimination In The Civil Service by kingsley989(m): 9:42am On Oct 03, 2013
onisq: Hmmm pple shud tink abt admission stress in diz country. Many pple aspire to b uni graduates bt after writng jamb exam 4 to 5 times wit no admission u dnt av a choice dan go to d polytechnic. It's nt like they dnt pass d exams, the admissions are nt just coming. Even though a polytechnic requires 4 credits, most of d students there av more dan dat. We all knw d power of connection in diz country.
No polytechnic requires less than five (5) credits at a sitting or six (6) credits at not more than two sittings. Go check.
Re: The Issue Of HND Discrimination In The Civil Service by dekins: 11:26pm On Nov 16, 2013
Re: The Issue Of HND Discrimination In The Civil Service by haveworkskills: 11:28am On Nov 17, 2013
Why not save yourself further discrimination? Why not equip yourself with skills that will make you so attractive to employers that they will overlook your HND/BSc? Read on!

Hello people,

Did you know that office matters are increasingly becoming analytical and unsuitable for those who hate analytics?

It is good to have a strong CV, but is more important to have the CV loaded with useful skills that will force more than 50% of the employers out there to contact you after going through your CV. Isn't it? If you agree, then read on. If you do not agree, please close this page and move on.

Learn the main, the main professional finance skills and build valuable work experience in key areas of finance and financial and economic consulting outside of the four walls of an office!!!.

Sounds impossible? No, never! We can help you achieve it. Sit down and read-on if you desire to break into the world of professional business, management, finance and economics. As you read, remain 98.97% assured that we can and will help you shape your career goals!

Do your career and future a favour at little cost to you. Contact us at financeprofessionalskills@gmail.com. Read the attached document! Save your career or build a strong one!

Sincerely
Real Finance Team

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Brief background of the finance team

We are a group of financial analysts with academic training in finance, quantitative finance, economics and business. We work for some of the top investment houses in Nigeria and our opinions are regularly sought and quoted by respectable local and international media houses. We are driven to demystify the arcane stuff in finance and build the skills of those who regularly employ the myriad of services and value we have in stock to offer. We teach clients to become greater than us, but we equally expect plenty of effort and dedication from clients as our belief is guided by our principle that the very best things in life come through concerted effort underpinned by personal sedulity.

Re: The Issue Of HND Discrimination In The Civil Service by daintynice: 7:04am On Mar 24, 2016
i wonder why hnd holders are always whinning.

what is the minimum 'o'level qualification to get into a polytechnic compared to that of university?

how many professors teach you at the polytechnic?

I pity ur ass dude, let me ask you a question can u practicalise your course of study as a university M'Fucka........
Re: The Issue Of HND Discrimination In The Civil Service by Manokwu(m): 8:35am On Mar 24, 2016
Even in these forum we keep abusing and discriminating ourselves rather than thinkn abt the employment situation of Nigeria. Being a bsc or hnd graduate ds nt guarantee ur success in life, the mst important thin is get educated whr ever u find urselve, get good grads, seek for uportunities, work hard, get more skills and experience. Must we all work in public sectors? There are so many private companies u can work with ur hnd and they dnt discriminate. I dnt believe in discrimination, bt if u see urself as inferior dats whr d problem is. No one can dscriminate ur success in life, with ur skills and experience u can get contracts on ur own and become rich. There are million of jobless bsc graduates today and there are millioner hnd guys so it dsnt matter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

KBK Foundation Is Looking For Man Assaulted By Police For Demanding His Salary / He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! / 10 Common Salary Negotiation Mistakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.