Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,372 members, 7,954,508 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:47 PM

Will Kano Ever Be The Same Again? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Kano Ever Be The Same Again? (4883 Views)

Will Kano Ever Be The Same Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Kano Ever Be The Same Again? by Kachi01: 11:00am On Mar 26, 2012
I think kano is jst reaping what they have been sowing over the years. So many innocent blood wasted through riots after riots (91, 95, sharia riot, 2001, 2004, post election violence) i witnessed some of this riots and it surprises me how people celebrate the death of there fellow human beings and the destruction of their property jst becos they are not hausas or non muslims. I pray that God will have mercy.
Re: Will Kano Ever Be The Same Again? by stepo707: 1:09pm On Mar 26, 2012
Wetin concern me if he remain the same.
Re: Will Kano Ever Be The Same Again? by Akpan107(m): 1:35pm On Mar 26, 2012
Even some kano indegenes are joinin hands
On deck to see dat d situation is not arrested.[/quote]
They are now in pains and in Economy hardship. They want peace more than anything now. I have been talking with some of the Hausa people in Kano, they are all fed-up with what is happening here. I was told of a man that owns a Shop in Kantin Kwari, before the bomb explosions, He use to make sales of about 15m in a day, because people from Sudan, Ghana, Togo, Niger and our own people from Southern Nigerian use to come and patronize him but now they cant come again and his sales has dramatically gone down to less than 1m...
Re: Will Kano Ever Be The Same Again? by 2864: 1:39pm On Mar 26, 2012
Why must you go to KANO when lagos is there ? Any Ibo man that goes to kano, na sucide be that ooo. Allow Yoruba man to go... they are still day dreaming that their religion is same.....
Re: Will Kano Ever Be The Same Again? by senben(m): 2:32pm On Mar 26, 2012
Kano and in short de whole north will not be de same again because each an everyday tension is high more ppl are leaving especially with rumors of new sect springing up and plans to claim power back by 2015 outsiders/non-indigenes are beginning to make moves to leave the region...if must even tell U I am planning to leave with my family.
Re: Will Kano Ever Be The Same Again? by buzor(m): 2:54pm On Mar 26, 2012
does it mean that there re still okoros and ofemmanus in kano?
no i dont believe that; provided they re killing themselves, then i dont ve any problem with that...
Re: Will Kano Ever Be The Same Again? by abokine: 4:05pm On Mar 26, 2012
It is a pity that we think we are educated because we go to school and learnt how to read and write English language so we could just say what ever we think we can so long people will read.The most disturbing thing is that we still didn't know the main reason why we all go to school in the first place,well let me just make my point here,you see a wise diplomat will tell you that peace in a soveriengh fonteer borders is equally significant because it could mean peace in home own country,that is the main reason why we have peace keeping soldiers sent to conflict regions of the world to avoid wild spread of violence but Here on nairaland people mis-use the main purpose of such fora is to educate,advice,inform and unite,if you want to make jokes I believe there is a section for jokes at top of this page but when we are talking of matters arising we should all try to countribute because what affects on Nigerian affects many.
Neithertheless,the drastic fall in the economic activities of Kano state is now affecting other nations that trade with the people of the state why not the local of it's own.so I strongly advice if you don't have any contribution to any topic of any kind is better to just keep your opinion to yourself.
Re: Will Kano Ever Be The Same Again? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 26, 2012
abokine: It is a pity that we think we are educated because we go to school and learnt how to read and write English language so we could just say what ever we think we can so long people will read.The most disturbing thing is that we still didn't know the main reason why we all go to school in the first place,well let me just make my point here,you see a wise diplomat will tell you that peace in a soveriengh fonteer borders is equally significant because it could mean peace in home own country,that is the main reason why we have peace keeping soldiers sent to conflict regions of the world to avoid wild spread of violence but Here on nairaland people mis-use the main purpose of such fora is to educate,advice,inform and unite,if you want to make jokes I believe there is a section for jokes at top of this page but when we are talking of matters arising we should all try to countribute because what affects on Nigerian affects many.
Neithertheless,the drastic fall in the economic activities of Kano state is now affecting other nations that trade with the people of the state why not the local of it's own.so I strongly advice if you don't have any contribution to any topic of any kind is better to just keep your opinion to yourself.
COOL STORY BRO
Re: Will Kano Ever Be The Same Again? by tashanja(m): 5:22pm On Mar 26, 2012
Jakumo:

Right you are, about Kano's HISTORICAL importance as a peanut market, way back when wealth was measured in camel numbers, but TODAY, when young women in FREE societies dress to show off their camel-toe, what has Kano got to offer anyone, besides the export of rabid religious terrrorism ?

Yours highlighted above(in bold)goes a long way to show the level of your moral debasement and shallowness.
Are you implying that wanton dressing by women (in so called free societies) to the extent of showing the contours of their sex organ (camel toe)is a positive sign of progress/advancement, let alone worthy of mentioning? Damn SMH angry

@Topic:
Only time will tell; however, Kano had already been dealt with an economic death blow long before now. Its once blossoming manufacturing industries such as tanneries, oil mills and textiles have almost all slowly grounded to a halt, through unfair deprivation of power (electricity from the national grid)to extent that many could no longer compete with the cheap imports from China and even local companies from Lagos etc (operating with more advantageous lower overheads).
You can therefore say that the State was already on it knees when the ongoing terrorism came and knocked it to the ground. Whether it could recover from this blow and stand up within the count of ten is anybody's guess; but for now, prayer is the answer - we still have hope.

1 Like

Re: Will Kano Ever Be The Same Again? by Ejine(m): 6:43pm On Mar 26, 2012
I think Kano is officially dead.

Economically, socially, everything.

No manufacturing companies would want to set base there.

No real-estate developers would want to invest there.

No money from tourism.

No money from the service sector (since the illiteracy is so devastating you can hardly find skilled medical doctors or engineers in the North.

No nothing. Kano is dead.
Re: Will Kano Ever Be The Same Again? by Jakumo(m): 7:21pm On Mar 26, 2012
tashanja:
Yours highlighted above(in bold)goes a long way to show the level of your moral debasement and shallowness.
Are you implying that wanton dressing by women (in so called free societies) to the extent of showing the contours of their sex organ (camel toe)is a positive sign of progress/advancement, let alone worthy of mentioning? Damn SMH angry

Oddly enough, it is the Batman costumes that women are FORCED to wear in certain cultures that I find inhumane and degrading to the female gender.

Of course, given a hypothetical choice between having my eyes assaulted by Black Moving Objects covered head-to-toe in stifling Darth Vadar robes on one hand, or of feasting my hungry eyes on wanton displays of tight camel toed bikinis, my personal bias naturally defaults to the flesh any day.

Ironically, it is that flustering moral dilemma of having to suppress human urges in the name of religion that leads ardent "believers" to victimize women relentlessly, by imposing sweltering, claustrophobic dress codes on them, preventing them from holding driving licenses, ordering that they be chaperoned about like infants by male relatives whenever they venture away from home, and even passing death-by-stoning sentences on women who are simply ACCUSED of adultery.

If the alternative to my "moral debasement and shallowness" is a society of stern, prudish and repressive morality police, then I gratefully embrace my philosophy and its pleasures, knowing that I never sit in judgment of strangers, unless they get to shooting at me with live ammo.

1 Like

Re: Will Kano Ever Be The Same Again? by surfaceD: 7:46pm On Mar 26, 2012
Is this for real?
I just cant believe some comments here.
but remember what u wish others is what befalls you.
Re: Will Kano Ever Be The Same Again? by tashanja(m): 8:19pm On Mar 26, 2012
Jakumo:

Oddly enough, it is the Batman costumes that women are FORCED to wear in certain cultures that I find inhumane and degrading to the female gender.

Of course, given a hypothetical choice between having my eyes assaulted by Black Moving Objects covered head-to-toe in stifling Darth Vadar robes on one hand, or of feasting my hungry eyes on wanton displays of tight camel toed bikinis, my personal bias naturally defaults to the flesh any day.

Ironically, it is that flustering moral dilemma of having to suppress human urges in the name of religion that leads ardent "believers" to victimize women relentlessly, by imposing sweltering, claustrophobic dress codes on them, preventing them from holding driving licenses, ordering that they be chaperoned about like infants by male relatives whenever they venture away from home, and even passing death-by-stoning sentences on women who are simply ACCUSED of adultery.

If the alternative to my "moral debasement and shallowness" is a society of stern, prudish and repressive morality police, then I gratefully embrace my philosophy and its pleasures, knowing that I never sit in judgment of strangers, unless they get to shooting at me with live ammo.

Bros take it easy, I am neither Hausa nor Muslim, I just live in Kano and therefore in a better position to make more accurate judgement on the issue.
Unfortunately, your comments so far continue to make you appear quite shallow and your focus on the issue quite faulty - just see how you went off point over the issue of dress code which obviously doesn't quite apply to the Kano I know and witness every day (more likely only in your own mind).
I understand your resentment with regards to ongoing religious clashes in the north (I don't even blame you) however, such sentiment clearly does not belong here;it would be more appropriate therefore to keep to the topic.

1 Like

Re: Will Kano Ever Be The Same Again? by phreakabit(m): 8:53pm On Mar 26, 2012
Who cares? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Stupidest Things That Ruined The Jonathan Presidency / 2019 Igbo Presidency-we Are Not Interested-ipob / Ways To Build Up Igbo Land/Region.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.