Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? (10564 Views)

Why Fashola Refused To Attend Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? / Photos From Ben Murray-Bruce's 60th Birthday Celebration / Goodluck Jonathan's 58th Birthday Celebration Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by pcicero(m): 10:28pm On Mar 27, 2012
I can understand why some fellow Yourba folks will doubt this story, they will never accept that their Emperor is naked after all.
Some of you from Osun, Ekiti, Oyo and Ogun states, wait till you get the true picture of how much Tinubu recieves from your governors as tributes and we will see your reactions. As for me and other Lagosians who know the truth, I am tired of his wanton greed and theft of our commonwealth.

How did he acquire a building belonging to Lagos state govt at Bourdillion and converted it to his personal property? Na lie abi? What of the large expanse of land arm twisted from the people of Lekki and Epe (where I come from) under the guise of development and later converted to various private enterprises? What stake does he have in Oando and how was it acquired? I am waiting for all of you with superior intellect to come up with counter arguments for all these? And please shut up if you don't know!

If sahara reporters had written about how Jonathan had travelled to South Korea with 100 aides, not so many of you would have questioned the veracity of the story.
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by pcicero(m): 10:28pm On Mar 27, 2012
I can understand why some fellow Yourba folks will doubt this story, they will never accept that their Emperor is naked after all.
Some of you from Osun, Ekiti, Oyo and Ogun states, wait till you get the true picture of how much Tinubu recieves from your governors as tributes and we will see your reactions. As for me and other Lagosians who know the truth, I am tired of his wanton greed and theft of our commonwealth.

How did he acquire a building belonging to Lagos state govt at Bourdillion and converted it to his personal property? Na lie abi? What of the large expanse of land arm twisted from the people of Lekki and Epe (where I come from) under the guise of development and later converted to various private enterprises? What stake does he have in Oando and how was it acquired? I am waiting for all of you with superior intellect to come up with counter arguments for all these? And please shut up if you don't know!

If sahara reporters had written about how Jonathan had travelled to South Korea with 100 aides, not so many of you would have questioned the veracity of the story.
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by Demdem(m): 10:47pm On Mar 27, 2012
Beaf: [size=96pt]What?!![/size] shocked shocked shocked

For the first time in ur miserable life, u seem to believe Sahara reporters story. grin
If na story critical of the retardeen, we know the pictures u will be throwing by now.
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by BigB11(m): 11:30pm On Mar 27, 2012
Tinubu again.
This man just doesn't get it.

Yes, he is extremely generous to all the sycophants around him. He has also done well with all the kings in Lagos state; apart from this and stealing Lagos state land and funds, I see nothing else this black vulture does as a former gov.

It makes me sick when folks describe this man as an intelligent man. He may be a smart thief, but intelligent is not the proper term to be used when his name is mentioned.

85% of real Lagosians are living below poverty level. They die day after day like chicken from typhoid, malaria and cholera, simply because of weak medical system and poverty.
And this silly F0ol thinks spending N1b at this time in Nigeria is the best way to celebrate his fake age. I just don't understand who gave birth to these horrible and heartless human beings that call themselves leaders in Nigeria.
Do you know how many lives N1b could safe in Nigeria in a year?
Do you understand how many hungry kids a billion naira could feed in Nigeria for the next 10 years?
All this makes no difference to the almighty Ahmed Bola Tinubu. And yet brainless folks still think this man is the best thing that has ever happened in Lagos/Nigeria.

Until Nigerians become sensible and come together to rescue this nation from the hands of blood suckers like Tinubu, these criminals will not stop sucking.
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by Feemmy(m): 11:45pm On Mar 27, 2012
I congratulate ONDO STATE for not been in dis mess, even though dis news is not true, to say d fact TINUBU is a thief accept it or leave it.
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by Beaf: 11:57pm On Mar 27, 2012
Demdem:

For the first time in ur miserable life, u seem to believe Sahara reporters story. grin
If na story critical of the retardeen, we know the pictures u will be throwing by now.

So an exclamation signifies belief? Wonders!
Anyway's, remember to pour libation to your ancestor called "retardeen."
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by jmaine: 12:28am On Mar 28, 2012
Ejiné: [size=16pt]I have long maintained it that SaharaReporters has zero credibility.

But what I find funny is that the same people dissing it now, would've been jumping up and down and insulting anyone who dared call it false, if it was an incriminating story about the Jonathan administration.

Hypocrites.[/size]

Correct talk bro . . .
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by Demdem(m): 11:49am On Mar 29, 2012
Beaf:

So an exclamation signifies belief? Wonders!
Anyway's, remember to pour libation to your ancestor called "retardeen."

Egbon razist, dont destroy the lives of ur would-be predecessors. urs is doomed, there is still hope for them.
For retardeen, i mean the drunken fisherman, GEJ himself. Kai-kai man.
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by igboboy1(m): 4:32am On Mar 30, 2012
[size=18pt]SSS parades seven suspected kidnappers of Arab businessman
On March 30, 2012 · In News 12:12 amEmail0

By Mitaire Ikpen
Abuja — Seven suspected members of a kidnap syndicate accused of complicity in the abduction of one Mohammed Khamis, a United Arab Emirates national, who was lured into the country for a phantom business transaction, were yesterday paraded in Abuja by the State Security Service, SSS.

The suspects reportedly held Khamis hostage for about 60 days at Aboriogun village in Ikoyi town, Isokan Local Government Area of Osun State, feeding him with fruits on the orders of other masterminds who are still at large.

From left: Ojo Ibrahim Ajibade, Lamidi Akinkunmi, Olasunkanmi Temitope (aka) Rasky, Nuremi Lamidi, Siyanbade Musibau Olalekan, Saka Kashim and Jelili Ajag who held one Mohammed Khamis Majed Ishmael Al Ali of United Arab Emirates hostage for 60 days at Aboriogun village in Ikoyi Town, Isokan Local Government Area of Osun State. Photo: Gbemiga Olamikan.

The SSS said it was still on the trail
[/size]http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/sss-parades-seven-suspected-kidnappers-of-arab-businessman/
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by cuteboy2: 12:19pm On Mar 30, 2012
Edo is also an ACN state. Tinubu knows that Oshiomole has a liberated mind and would not be part of this show of shame.
Hence, he did not bother Oshiomole. No wonder Mimiko is reluctant to join the ACN fold and bondage.
Bravo Adams, Bravo the people's guv. grin grin grin
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by daroz(m): 4:28pm On Mar 30, 2012
remmyz: SaharaReporters has learnt that former Governor Bola Ahmed Tinubu of Lagos has demanded that the Lagos State government and various local government councils in the state contribute huge sums of cash to fund his 69th birthday celebration.

Reliable sources told SaharaReporters that Mr. Tinubu, a professed opposition figure and leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), made it compulsory that the chairmen of all local governments under the party contribute cash to give him a birthday that one of his critics has described as “obscene and immoral.” In all, the ACN chieftain has asked the state and local governments to cough up N1 billion.

“The birthday party is being planned as a month-long affair and will be celebrated in phases,” said one source.

In addition to the funds from his state, Mr. Tinubu has also asked that the governors of Oyo, Ekiti, Edo and Ekiti make significant cash donations to the planned events. Our sources revealed that tension may be brewing between Mr. Tinubu and Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State over the latter’s refusal to contribute towards the lavish birthday party.

Mr. Ajimobi recently hosted President Goodluck Jonathan's wife, Patience, during her visit to Oyo State. A source close to the governor told SaharaReporters that Mrs. Jonathan told Mr. Ajimobi not to create enmity with PDP elements in his state. She reportedly described former Governor Tinubu as a closet member of the PDP.

Our source said Mrs. Jonathan, who was piqued by Tinubu’s recent criticisms of her husband’s policies, also revealed that Mr. Tinubu has met secretly with her husband on several occasions. She said that, at one such private meeting last year in France, President Jonathan and Tinubu struck a deal to quash a case against the former governor for violations of Code of Conduct provisions.

After portraying Mr. Tinubu as a selfish politician out for his personal financial interests, Mrs. Jonathan told Ajimobi to contact her directly if he needed anything from Mr. Jonathan.

A source in Oyo stated that Governor Ajimobi’s decision not to bankroll Tinubu’s birthday extravaganza may signal the governor’s determination to escape from under Mr. Tinubu’s tyrannical style of leadership within the ACN political orbit and Ajimobi's move to start a gradual migration back to the PDP. Ajimobi is generally described as a non-performing governor by Oyo indigenes.

Although Mr. Tinubu claims to be 60 years old, a source told us that he is at least 67 years old.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/lagos-state-cough-n1-billion-fund-tinubus-birthday-celebration

Bola Ahmed Tinubu of Lagos has demanded that the Lagos State government and various local government councils in the state contribute huge sums of cash to fund his 69th birthday celebration

Although Mr. Tinubu claims to be 60 years old, a source told us that he is at least 67 years old.

why the contradiction of age from the same article supposedly written by saharareporters
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by lateef4me(m): 9:09am On Apr 18, 2012
pcicero(m)

I can understand why some fellow Yourba folks will doubt this story, they will never accept that their Emperor is Unclad after all.

If sahara reporters had written about how Jonathan had travelled to South Korea with 100 aides, not so many of you would have questioned the veracity of the story

Thank you my brother .It shows there are still credible people on NL unlike the likes of Gbawe,eko ile e.t.c
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by Oponel1962: 1:50pm On May 07, 2018
Burial and Birthday which is Costlier.? But I know Burial is aMUST

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Buhari Receives Ambassadors Of Philippines, Uganda And Singapore / Blessing Agbomhere's Book "Heart Of A Patriot", A Book About Buhari, Launched / Military To Level Boko Haram Camps In Sambisa In Search Of Chibok Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.