Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Rate the performance of President Olusegun Obasanjo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rate the performance of President Olusegun Obasanjo (4739 Views)

My Fears For Buhari’s Change Agenda - Olusegun Obasanjo / How Will You Rate The Performance Of INEC Under Buhari's Administration? / Rate The Performance Of Saraki, The Senate President So Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rate the performance of President Olusegun Obasanjo by VirginFinder: 10:25pm On Jun 13, 2020
The era of paid posters... grin Most of the 2005 posters were paid posters... grin
Re: Rate the performance of President Olusegun Obasanjo by Dharmex01(m): 8:50am On Aug 03, 2020
APC Calls Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Others Back to Party Ahead 2023 Election

As every party is working hard in securing the 2023 presidential seat, different strategies has also been deployed and still being deployed.

https://naijanewsworld.com.ng/2020/08/apc-calls-atiku-saraki-tambuwal-others-back-to-party-ahead-2023-election/
Re: Rate the performance of President Olusegun Obasanjo by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:09am On Aug 03, 2020
yes, i gave him a pass Mark despite all the "yeye" things that happen towards the end of his administration. ....the GSM alone he brought in Nigeria n foreign debts cancellation are worthy notes....
I would have score him 100% if not the 3rd term agenda stuff he was planning to do....

enough respect!
Re: Rate the performance of President Olusegun Obasanjo by Dharmex01(m): 2:43pm On Aug 03, 2020
Orji Kalu Explains Why His Name Was Mentioned Among Those Awarded NDDC Contracts

In lieu of the ongoing investigation of the NDDC and the revelations that follow, Orji Uzor Kalu has explained the reasons his name was featured in the name of those who were awarded contract.

https://naijanewsworld.com.ng/2020/08/orji-kalu-explains-why-his-name-was-mentioned-among-those-awarded-nddc-contracts/
Re: Rate the performance of President Olusegun Obasanjo by Anazp: 2:59pm On Aug 03, 2020
Seun:
I think he's done pretty well. He's the first Nigerian president I actually enjoy listening to! THe only other political figure that doesn't put me to sleep if former president Bill Clinton of the US, so you can imagine how highly I rate Rtd. General Obasanjo!
Are moderators supposed to have opinions?
Re: Rate the performance of President Olusegun Obasanjo by Dharmex01(m): 4:32pm On Aug 03, 2020
Focus on Actualizing Biafra Rather than Producing the Next President - Bishop Umeh to Southeast

A religious leader in the southeast region, Bishop Umeh has advised the people of southeast to focus on actualizing Biafra rather than focusing on producing the next president of Nigeria.

https://naijanewsworld.com.ng/2020/08/focus-on-actualizing-biafra-rather-than-producing-the-next-president-bishop-umeh-to-southeast/
Re: Rate the performance of President Olusegun Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 01, 2022
The very first thread on Politics Nairaland was a rating thread on Obasanjo.

Things haven't changed since 2005
Re: Rate the performance of President Olusegun Obasanjo by ArewaNorth: 4:45pm On Jan 01, 2022
If not because we went from Abacha regime to his regime, obj would have been a total failure. He did little despite meeting the country in a period when there was no much opposition, no hope. He destroyed the Democratic process that brought him to power, there were many assassination linked to him despite him being saved from Abacha wrath and made President. He became rich from less than N400k to more than $5b.

Yaradua was the only President we could have had in the last 23yrs embarassed

1 Like

Re: Rate the performance of President Olusegun Obasanjo by aribisala0(m): 8:24pm On Jan 02, 2022
ArewaNorth:
If not because we went from Abacha regime to his regime, obj would have been a total failure. He did little despite meeting the country in a period when there was no much opposition, no hope. He destroyed the Democratic process that brought him to power, there were many assassination linked to him despite him being saved from Abacha wrath and made President. He became rich from less than N400k to more than $5b.

He has notable achievements
1. Pension reform
2. Banking consolidation
3. Founded EFCC and NAFDAC

4. Paid off the National debt
5. Left Significant savings in Excess Crude Account

6. Left Significant Foreign reseerves
7. Inaugurated the National Rail transformation plan
8. Do not take my word for go to Google and check Nigeria GDP in 1999 and 2007 . That is almost 5 times groth. It that had been replicated by Yaradua/Jonathan/Buhari Nigeria would be a TOP 10 economy today

Obasanjo certainly had his shorttcoming but on the Economic front he was better than any Northern president

Every time a Northerner rules this country they ruin the economy and ple on stifling debt
1.Shagari was an economic failure
2 . Buhari/IBB came in with an official $ exchange rate of 1:1 in 1984
15 years later it was 80:1
3. Buhari let us not even start

The simple reality is Northern presidents have NO IDEAS beyond OIL MONEY
Last week Buhari was lamenting about oil prices.

His economic BIG IDEA is t relocate the grazing routes

That is the reality Northerners have no aptitude to move the economy forward instead they are talking about Sharia and Hisbah

1 Like

Re: Rate the performance of President Olusegun Obasanjo by ArewaNorth: 6:40pm On Jan 03, 2022
aribisala0:

He has notable achievements
1. Pension reform
2. Banking consolidation
3. Founded EFCC and NAFDAC

4. Paid off the National debt
5. Left Significant savings in Excess Crude Account

6. Left Significant Foreign reseerves
7. Inaugurated the National Rail transformation plan
8. Do not take my word for go to Google and check Nigeria GDP in 1999 and 2007 . That is almost 5 times groth. It that had been replicated by Yaradua/Jonathan/Buhari Nigeria would be a TOP 10 economy today

Obasanjo certainly had his shorttcoming but on the Economic front he was better than any Northern president

Every time a Northerner rules this country they ruin the economy and ple on stifling debt
1.Shagari was an economic failure
2 . Buhari/IBB came in with an official $ exchange rate of 1:1 in 1984
15 years later it was 80:1
3. Buhari let us not even start

The simple reality is Northern presidents have NO IDEAS beyond OIL MONEY
Last week Buhari was lamenting about oil prices.

His economic BIG IDEA is t relocate the grazing routes

That is the reality Northerners have no aptitude to move the economy forward instead they are talking about Sharia and Hisbah
Even if baby is appointed Nigeria's President that baby would set a good side of his reign. If I give u such similar statistics u may think pmb is outstanding.
Alleging Northerners poor governance is a pure hypocrisy. If u want know how ur people's leadership capacity is then check the history of ur zone's governors!
Re: Rate the performance of President Olusegun Obasanjo by aribisala0(m): 7:14pm On Jan 03, 2022
ArewaNorth:
Even if baby is appointed Nigeria's President that baby would set a good side of his reign. If I give u such similar statistics u may think pmb is outstanding.
Alleging Northerners poor governance is a pure hypocrisy. If u want know how ur people's leadership capacity is then check the history of ur zone's governors!

Facts are stubborn
Everytime a Fulani or Northern Muslim ruled they have wrecked the economy leaving southerners to fix their mess

Facts are stubborn
Google Nigeria GDP in 1999 it was about $50 billion and in 2007 it was about $250 billion

The reality is that Northern leaders are incompetent
Re: Rate the performance of President Olusegun Obasanjo by aribisala0(m): 7:27pm On Jan 03, 2022
ArewaNorth:

The reality is that Nigeria's GDP multiplied by 5 under Obasanjo
That has never happened in our history
and you will have to search records to find any other leader that achieved that.

I am not an apologist for Obasanjo as he had many flaws but on the economy his achievements are unmatched in Nigeria history
Re: Rate the performance of President Olusegun Obasanjo by Ttalk: 7:52pm On Jan 03, 2022
aribisala0:
The reality is that Nigeria's GDP multiplied by 5 under Obasanjo
That has never happened in our history
and you will have to search records to find any other leader that achieved that.

I am not an apologist for Obasanjo as he had many flaws but on the economy his achievements are unmatched in Nigeria history

The guy is embarrassed by your 'stubborn fact' Obasanjo remain the best president since independence, any contrary opinion without empirical fact to buttress it is just usual ethnic criticism of Nigerians
Re: Rate the performance of President Olusegun Obasanjo by aribisala0(m): 8:03pm On Jan 03, 2022
Ttalk:

The guy is embarrassed by your 'stubborn fact' Obasanjo remain the best president since independence, any contrary opinion without empirical fact to buttress it is just usual ethnic criticism of Nigerians
The funny thing is I am not a fan of Obasanjo
If we look at his record on rule of law, disobedience to court orders , Bakassi and so on

but on the Economy he did OK
Everytime a Northerner comes in they screw the economy up with poverty of ideas.

Imagine a president in 2021 talking about grazing routes?

and

he was not nepotistic.

Imagine the way Tafa Balogun the IG was embarrassed by his juniors . Now Buhari is making us understand that OBJ was foolish to have prosecuted Balogun when you look at how similar cases are swept under the carpet with impunity anytime one of hs own is involved

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Funny Political Cartoons From The Stables Of Asukwo Eb,enjoy / An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha / Eye Test! Can You See These Numbers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.