Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

World Bank Job: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "Honoured" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank Job: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "Honoured" (7845 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is 59 Years Old Today / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is An Untruthful Finance Minister? / Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank Job: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "Honoured" by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 26, 2012
I sincerely doubt she would get the position due to some circumstances. Indeed, there is every reason to know that her acceptance by African leaders supporting her nomination won't go nowhere due to the fact that World Bank is American thing. The only way she can get that position is when she is nominated by the American government. Her chance of winning is very slim compare to the chosen Korean candidate by the United States president. On the other hand, of what use would be a World Bank president to ordinary Nigerians on the street rather for Nigerians and Iweala to flaunt they have held such position before, which is not the problem with the country. If there is anything worth talking about it should be her contribution to the nation rather than American sponsored bank.

She should start planning for the next chance and try to do something recommendable in her own country first.Then, she can go about promoting her candidacy with her achievement in her nation.

There is a slim chance she would be nominated as the president yet there is nothing impossible
[b][/b]. She should go ahead and fight hard - there is no shame in that, even at the expense of loosing.
Re: World Bank Job: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "Honoured" by DARA1234: 11:36pm On Mar 26, 2012
An American would support anything American, would protect its own and no wonder it is a great country, in Nigeria we pull ourselves down we have this negative pessimistic attitude towards ourselves, we believe we cannot do anything-hence the reason we doubt the ability of Okonjo Iweala, a self developed woman. Without your help she has reached where she is by hard work.Here we are, some of you with no credible qualification are being so negative against this hard working woman, we should celebrate her, we should encourage her and not the opposite, by the way what single positive thing have you achieved as a person at least Okonjo can point to many, what have you achieved.
If Fashola didn't have executive power, pessimists would have prevented him from achieving,but the free hand and determination he has as helped him,let us support people like this, PLEASE LET US BE MORE POSITIVE IN ALL WE DO.
Re: World Bank Job: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "Honoured" by cantell(m): 11:59pm On Mar 26, 2012
kayci_d77:

Shattap EWU, whose Oga, we feed him, i mean we made him, I mean we IGBOS in NL made him, how many Yorubas are in this forum and i bet you if he was IGBO you will not see any Yoruba here let alone spend hour here. Make i no vex oooo angry angry angry
Rijuo nsi afo there! Nna gi ka i na-akpo ewu!
My post was directed to the other guy as a joke, but as a new bigot, you failed to realise i was an Igbo too.
Fooolish empty dustbin.
Re: World Bank Job: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "Honoured" by Nobody: 12:17am On Mar 27, 2012
Well, The US always holds the presidency of the world bank so she's simply wasting her time!
Re: World Bank Job: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "Honoured" by Obiagu1(m): 2:32am On Mar 27, 2012
Seun: I thought she said she was "not seeking" the role?

It depends on what you mean. She was initially nominated by South Africa then backed by both Nigeria and Angola.
But now that she has been nominated, she is vying/seeking for the position.
Re: World Bank Job: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "Honoured" by mamagee3(f): 6:28am On Mar 27, 2012
Good for her!!!
Re: World Bank Job: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "Honoured" by Kachi01: 6:40am On Mar 27, 2012
This woman is in a position where all of you enemies of progress will not even dream of till you die. It is indeed an honour 'a high one at that' to be nominated in the first place wheather she gets it or not. Everybody's dream is to come to the peak of his/her carreer and to her as a former MD in the world bank, that nomination speaks volumes in her carreer. Ride on Ada Biafra, we are proud of you.
Re: World Bank Job: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "Honoured" by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 27, 2012
cantell:
Rijuo nsi afo there! Nna gi ka i na-akpo ewu!
My post was directed to the other guy as a joke, but as a new bigot, you failed to realise i was an Igbo too.
Fooolish empty dustbin.

If You are not EWU then u are ANU-Npama, the way u talk, you r already his puppet maybe seeking to be a moderator. Jobless okoro as they will call you
Re: World Bank Job: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "Honoured" by ideylaff: 9:52am On Mar 27, 2012
Finance Minister and Coordinating Minister for the Economy

Coordinating Minister for the Economy... OF WHICH ECONOMY.sef? ..what an ego based title.... like she has power over the other clowns they run the country down together..... 2 many Chiefs and no indians to run the economy.....

yeye dey smell big time....

Re: World Bank Job: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "Honoured" by stepo707: 11:18am On Mar 27, 2012
DARA1234: An American would support anything American, would protect its own and no wonder it is a great country, in Nigeria we pull ourselves down we have this negative pessimistic attitude towards ourselves, we believe we cannot do anything-hence the reason we doubt the ability of Okonjo Iweala, a self developed woman. Without your help she has reached where she is by hard work.Here we are, some of you with no credible qualification are being so negative against this hard working woman, we should celebrate her, we should encourage her and not the opposite, by the way what single positive thing have you achieved as a person at least Okonjo can point to many, what have you achieved.
If Fashola didn't have executive power, pessimists would have prevented him from achieving,but the free hand and determination he has as helped him,let us support people like this, PLEASE LET US BE MORE POSITIVE IN ALL WE DO.

True talk! Lets give her a chance at least and the if she gets there and messes up,then she will be held accountable.
Re: World Bank Job: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "Honoured" by jpphilips(m): 12:26pm On Mar 27, 2012
Big B1:
I love this lady very much and without any doubt on mind she would fly high and make us proud. But I also doubt it if she would be elected as the final candidate, simply because of her Nigerian label.

The poor leadership structure, high level of corruption and the unbelivable/ unnecessary low standard of living in the country have changed the green white and green to black, black and black.
And this image remains the same until Nigerians are sensible enough to rescue this nation from the hands of greedy vultures, that call themselves leaders.

Unfortunately, this despicable image would be the main reason why Mrs Iweala would be rejected at the final minutes.

Even to get a $10 per hour job as a NIGERIAN in USA becomes a dream, all because of poor leadership and ridiculous images we have given ourselves all around the world.
So, it is not a terrible thing for Mrs Iweala to continue to dream.

It is up to all of us.

lol, sychophants dont cease to amaze me, @ op please without prejudice tell us the economic landmark of NOI as a 2 time serving minister of finance?
keep your BS to yourself, 12bn dollars was paid as debt relief to achieve what exactly? lemme guess, to be in the good books of world bank? what was the economic impact when juxtaposed with the plethora of problems bedeveilling the Nigerian economy at the time?
As the cordinating minister of economy, an oil producing country is suffering the biggest energy crisis in its history and you are justifying that incompetence?
removal of subsidy has taken the economy 10 steps backward and NOI thinks its justified because molue runs on diesel?
what positive impact has the removal of subsidy on our economy? zero, has it created the much needed jobs? NO, has the infastructures arrived? NO refineries nko? 4 where, so what is the poster whinning about?
the president had lots of viable options, a strategist economist like soludo will consider the economic down turn and removal wouldnt be an option yet we have a petit economic mosquito who thinks she will achieve eldorado in the midst of abject poverty and irrational instability.
do you think the international community is as stupeed as we are? do you think they see things from a micro,myopic point of view? we said jona was the best thing that happened to this country yet he failed woefully at the AU chairmanship contest, a non influential, quasi, underfunded, petty, regional contest, sane people think otherwise yet we come home to give accolades to a leader whose glaring failure has plunged the citizenry into a miasma of insecurity and economic quagmire.
im glad he came back to bury his face in shame.
Ngozi will contest, the world will point to the fact that though Nigerians in their bigotry failed to tell her the truth, she will bury her face in shame because im certain jim a mere university leader will beat her aarse in that contest.
who is next? sanusi oh! that one? even sudan will not be generous to give him a mere branch manager of an islamic bank let alone a financial tutor in a sharia college.

the last time i checked,

Nuhu ribadu fought
corruption @ home and the intl com tot it wise to give him an anti corruption job in afghanistan,
wole soyinka wrote scintillating pieces of poetry and the intl comm rewarded him with a nobel price, what of Adichie? chinua achebe? did i forget the late legendry prof chike obi ?who in his mathematical wizandry and grotesque ingenuity,proved the frasch equation of 1947, did i not mention philip emegwali the 1986 gordon bell price winner?
chukwuma soludo, the man whose ingenuity gave birth to a revolution of white collar jobs in our nations history.
yes, that is my definition of competence.
Re: World Bank Job: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "Honoured" by Kobojunkie: 1:26pm On Mar 27, 2012
We are almost in the second quarter of 2012. Where is the SURE Palliative plan for those who were affected by the last increase in fuel prices? Where is the reduction in cost of Government to the people? Where are the many promises that cutting cost of subsidies will benefit Nigerians? Where are the buses, etc.
Re: World Bank Job: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "Honoured" by pcicero(m): 5:29pm On Mar 27, 2012
Ngozi's entrance into Jonathan's government was heralded by almost every section of the nation. It was viewed as a stabilizing factor in the administration of Shoe(clue)less Jonah who presides over a nation whose economy was floundering and has reached its nadir, no thanks to the megalomaniac Mallam Throw- the- Baby- away- with- the -bath- water.
Consequently, she was given the role of Finance Minister, and made the Coordinating Minister of the Economy often read as Prime minister.
I am however yet to see the effect of her coordination on the economy. She was among the team(thieves) that forced the subsidy removal policy down our throats while promising some palliatives in form of a hurriedly packaged programme called SURE. She unequivocally expressed her readiness to implement SURE amongst other things she had promised Nigeria on her second coming.
I don't have anything against her ambition, she has every right to aspire to whatever position, even the presidency. Some Nigerians are already saying that someday if a woman were to rule, she will be the one.

However, where is that sense of patriotism that she exuded before the Senate when she was screened? What will happen to all the good things she promised to do to our economy to make it one of the best in the world?
But, I am of the opinion that Ngozi's experiments with the economy this time have backfired and she is running away from the mess that she and some others have created. The prime minister is about to jump the ship and it only shows that things are not well with the Nigerian economy.
Re: World Bank Job: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "Honoured" by pcicero(m): 5:37pm On Mar 27, 2012
Ngozi's entrance into Jonathan's government was heralded by almost every section of the nation. It was viewed as a stabilizing factor in the administration of Shoe(clue)less Jonah who presides over a nation whose economy was floundering and has reached its nadir, no thanks to the megalomaniac Mallam Throw- the- Baby- away- with- the -bath- water.
Consequently, she was given the role of Finance Minister, and made the Coordinating Minister of the Economy often read as Prime minister.
I am however yet to see the effect of her coordination on the economy. She was among the team(thieves) that forced the subsidy removal policy down our throats while promising some palliatives in form of a hurriedly packaged programme called SURE. She unequivocally expressed her readiness to implement SURE amongst other things she had promised Nigeria on her second coming.
I don't have anything against her ambition, she has every right to aspire to whatever position, even the presidency. Some Nigerians are already saying that someday if a woman were to rule, she will be the one.

However, where is that sense of patriotism that she exuded before the Senate when she was screened? What will happen to all the good things she promised to do to our economy to make it one of the best in the world?
But, I am of the opinion that Ngozi's experiments with the economy this time have backfired and she is running away from the mess that she and some others have created. The prime minister is about to jump the ship and it only shows that things are not well with the Nigerian economy.
Re: World Bank Job: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "Honoured" by akbahbah(m): 6:56pm On Mar 27, 2012
1025: like her oga jonathan fail woefully at the ecowas election, i wish her the same. i used to respect this woman until she join these criminals called pdp for the second time. the last straw that broke the camel's back was her involvement in the removal of fuel subsidy leaving behind her corrupt colleagues in govt.
she will not, shall not and must not win. charity they say, begins at home. what has she done to help the poor masses of her country? how many corrupt officials has she exposed here in nigeria?
world bank please look elsewhere for that position before this woman introduce her experience from pdp to destroy all you have laboured for. i don't trust any nigerian with that sensitive position and not the one that is serving under this very corrupt govt of pdp and jonathan.
how can the world leaders be mad enough to choose someone from a dark country above other countries of the world?
they have destroyed nigeria and will do same if they have their ways in the world bank.

I seconded you. She is a useless woman that is only after her pocket. World bank doesn't need people like that unless she will turn world economy upside down in favor of her interest. Bunch of thieves.
Re: World Bank Job: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "Honoured" by solomon111(m): 9:33pm On Mar 27, 2012
akbahbah:

I seconded you. She is a useless woman that is only after her pocket. World bank doesn't need people like that unless she will turn world economy upside down in favor of her interest. Bunch of thieves.
You must be a very st.upid man!
Was it not one of the former world bank M.D that gave his girlfriend money from the World bank?
What makes him more deserving than NOI.
Sometimes,i doubt if i am a Nigerian,if the useless way,you people reason, is anything to go by.
Re: World Bank Job: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "Honoured" by solomon111(m): 9:39pm On Mar 27, 2012
Can you people tell me how Nigeria contributed to her carieer?
When she was climbing the ranks,where was Nigeria?
The president of the world bank position being offered her, is not because she is Nigerian, but because she is qualified.
So quit your cheap blackmails and threatenings!
Re: World Bank Job: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "Honoured" by Agimor(m): 9:18am On Mar 28, 2012
onyewec3:

Mr, how did she create d nomination herself.u guys shuld not think everybody in this forum is illiterate like you.dont you think for her name to have gone that far as getting support from south Africa and other african countries speaks volume about her personality.if u dont wish her well, nobody will wishj you well
tell them.
Re: World Bank Job: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "Honoured" by cantell(m): 9:51am On Mar 28, 2012
kayci_d77:

If You are not EWU then u are ANU-Npama, the way u talk, you r already his puppet maybe seeking to be a moderator. Jobless okoro as they will call you
Oh! Hopeless foools!
They want to drag cantell down to their level.
Re: World Bank Job: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "Honoured" by Ejiekwu1(m): 1:06pm On Mar 28, 2012
the gesture of unilaterally chosen Ngozi by african leaders as proven that, they are united. hope this continues.
Re: World Bank Job: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "Honoured" by automatenigeria: 1:06pm On Mar 28, 2012
I am proud of her, Nigerians are always on top of their games
Re: World Bank Job: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "Honoured" by onyewec3: 2:18pm On Mar 28, 2012
slimdamatrix: Well, The US always holds the presidency of the world bank so she's simply wasting her time!

Why are u so pessimist about her stance! Yeah americans have held the position over time but d only constant thing in life is change.her becoming the world bank president might jst b a change in tide.nothing in life stays d same(afterall no body ever believed a minority GEJ culd b president,not even d calibre of GEJ).
She is not wasting her time because she's already got a job here.even if she quit as finance minister,she won't look for job.but am afraid if ur pessimism av gotten u a job?sscumbag
Re: World Bank Job: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "Honoured" by collinsfbi(m): 2:19pm On Mar 28, 2012
jp philips:

lol, sychophants dont cease to amaze me, @ op please without prejudice tell us the economic landmark of NOI as a 2 time serving minister of finance?
keep your BS to yourself, 12bn dollars was paid as debt relief to achieve what exactly? lemme guess, to be in the good books of world bank? what was the economic impact when juxtaposed with the plethora of problems bedeveilling the Nigerian economy at the time?
As the cordinating minister of economy, an oil producing country is suffering the biggest energy crisis in its history and you are justifying that incompetence?
removal of subsidy has taken the economy 10 steps backward and NOI thinks its justified because molue runs on diesel?
what positive impact has the removal of subsidy on our economy? zero, has it created the much needed jobs? NO, has the infastructures arrived? NO refineries nko? 4 where, so what is the poster whinning about?
the president had lots of viable options, a strategist economist like soludo will consider the economic down turn and removal wouldnt be an option yet we have a petit economic mosquito who thinks she will achieve eldorado in the midst of abject poverty and irrational instability.
do you think the international community is as stupeed as we are? do you think they see things from a micro,myopic point of view? we said jona was the best thing that happened to this country yet he failed woefully at the AU chairmanship contest, a non influential, quasi, underfunded, petty, regional contest, sane people think otherwise yet we come home to give accolades to a leader whose glaring failure has plunged the citizenry into a miasma of insecurity and economic quagmire.
im glad he came back to bury his face in shame.
Ngozi will contest, the world will point to the fact that though Nigerians in their bigotry failed to tell her the truth, she will bury her face in shame because im certain jim a mere university leader will beat her aarse in that contest.
who is next? sanusi oh! that one? even sudan will not be generous to give him a mere branch manager of an islamic bank let alone a financial tutor in a sharia college.

the last time i checked,

Nuhu ribadu fought
corruption @ home and the intl com tot it wise to give him an anti corruption job in afghanistan,
wole soyinka wrote scintillating pieces of poetry and the intl comm rewarded him with a nobel price, what of Adichie? chinua achebe? did i forget the late legendry prof chike obi ?who in his mathematical wizandry and grotesque ingenuity,proved the frasch equation of 1947, did i not mention philip emegwali the 1986 gordon bell price winner?
chukwuma soludo, the man whose ingenuity gave birth to a revolution of white collar jobs in our nations history.
yes, that is my definition of competence.

Hmmm! Brains like this are not so common on NL, I salute this custodian of wisdom. You just hit the nail on the head, Kudos bro.

Gbamm over and out
Re: World Bank Job: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "Honoured" by collinsfbi(m): 2:32pm On Mar 28, 2012
automatenigeria: I am proud of her, Nigerians are always on top of their games

Abi ooo, I am proud of her too at least for the courage displayed as prime minister of the hopeless fools to inflict people with pains in the name of reformation.

Gbamm over and out
Re: World Bank Job: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "Honoured" by moshoodn(m): 5:18pm On Mar 28, 2012
kayci_d77:

Suen When did she ever said that, hey I hope you r not trying to be a bigot here because there will be mass-exodus from this ur site, starting from me and all IGBOS will follow suit ok undecided
EXODUS TO HELL?
Re: World Bank Job: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "Honoured" by emsquare(m): 8:25pm On Mar 28, 2012
Great!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Appeal Court Permits EFCC To Prosecute Orji Kalu / Court Orders PDP To Accept UBA As Anambra Candidate / Northerner Slizes Boys In Abakiliki For Testing Suya Not Paying(pics+eyewitness)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.