Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,420 members, 7,958,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:18 AM

Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack (17085 Views)

I've Come To Demolish Money Gospel In Nigeria - Kenyan Prophet / Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church / Ex Boko Haram Leader Fingers Ibb,atiku And Buhari As Sponsors Of Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by eghost247(m): 2:02pm On Mar 26, 2012
The Lagos State Government last week demolished five mosques located within the State secretariat in Alausa, Ikeja, following an order by Governor Fashola, banning all religious activities within the secretariat.

The demolition of the mosques was carried out by the government after getting intelligence reports from SSS that the secretariat was vulnerable to attack by Boko Haram as long as the mosques remain within the secretariat.

http://www.africareview.com/News/Lagos+city+orders+mosque+demolitions/-/979180/1372336/-/cytss/-/

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Ruqaya(f): 2:59pm On Mar 26, 2012
In summary?
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by LailaIkeji1: 4:53pm On Mar 26, 2012
Ruqaya: In summary?

lol. in summary, the fear of Boko Haram is the beginning of safety.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Tinax(f): 4:56pm On Mar 26, 2012
shocked
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by chuks49(m): 4:59pm On Mar 26, 2012
9ice 1, there is a correlation between the number of mosque in an area and the level of violence.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by jude33084(m): 5:03pm On Mar 26, 2012
I am begining to wonder if Fashola is a true Nigerian, he doesnt think like one u know.
.kudos my Govnor! cool
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Mavrick2012: 5:05pm On Mar 26, 2012
If d hausa/fulanis take religious matters like d yorubas i sincerely tink al dis religious conflict wil reduce

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by begwong: 5:06pm On Mar 26, 2012
dat small house na him dem wan rake??
come abuja see churches/mosques wey big pass dat house wey uncle el-rufai bulldoze during his reign.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 26, 2012
Pls Dont blame them, Menh I ran like Ben Johnson today When an Hausa man with goatee approach me with a bag. I decided to observe safety first now that BOKO Boys no get identity grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 26, 2012
Pls Dont blame them, Menh I ran like Ben Johnson today When an Hausa man with goatee approach me carrying a bag. I decided to observe safety first now that BOKO Boys no get identity grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by alex406(m): 5:11pm On Mar 26, 2012
I wish this man can be d president,he is so proactive.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by LailaIkeji1: 5:13pm On Mar 26, 2012
I loooove fashola!!

every day I imagine him as the president of Nigeria!!

That guy is sooooo sound!!

of course hes not perfect but my dear, that guy has transformed lagos as donald duke transformed calabar!!

(wont mind being his 100th wife if dats possible. lol grin)
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by ULSHERLAN(m): 5:14pm On Mar 26, 2012
Nice step
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by norrisman: 5:17pm On Mar 26, 2012
A big disgrace.

When will they be pulling down the one about 100 meters from MMIA. BH could launch RPG attacks on planes taking off and landing from there
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by GboyegaD(m): 5:18pm On Mar 26, 2012
alex406: I wish this man can be d president,he is so proactive.

So this is enough to make him your president right I wonder how Nigerians can be so intrigued by little things as this.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by udochika(m): 5:21pm On Mar 26, 2012
I wish this man can lecture orji about governance. Fashola is a true leader not a politician.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by GboyegaD(m): 5:22pm On Mar 26, 2012
Laila Ikeji: I loooove fashola!!

of course hes not perfect but my dear, that guy has transformed lagos as donald duke transformed calabar!!

Please, what part of Lagos has he transformed because the last time I passed through places like Isolo, Ikotun, Iyana Ipaja, Amukoko etc I did not see the transformation or are those places not part of Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by ZUBY77(m): 5:22pm On Mar 26, 2012
Great. I like this Fashola guy. He really knows the differences between security and Religion.
They should package the mosque and send it back to Saudi Arabia where it belong.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by udochika(m): 5:30pm On Mar 26, 2012
GboyegaD:

So this is enough to make him your president right I wonder how Nigerians can be so intrigued by little things as this.
people like u dont know the value of what u have untill u loose them. Bros u cannot compare fash with ta orji that think we are still in the 20s.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by lagcity(m): 5:33pm On Mar 26, 2012
They should have converted the mosque to something else instead of wasting that kind building. I personally would like to see a korean massage parlor that offers happy endings grin They just wasted that building for nothing. shame shame.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by alex406(m): 5:34pm On Mar 26, 2012
GboyegaD:

learn to appreciate wht u hv nt until u loose it.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Mynd44: 5:36pm On Mar 26, 2012
GboyegaD:

Sometimes, its the little things that matter most
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by udochika(m): 5:39pm On Mar 26, 2012
GboyegaD:

Please, what part of Lagos has he transformed because the last time I passed through places like Isolo, Ikotun, Iyana Ipaja, Amukoko etc I did not see the transformation or are those places not part of Lagos
personaly! Lagosians are the problem lagos state have Not it official. Nobody won follow simple rules evry body dey clame shap man.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by schorlbone(m): 5:48pm On Mar 26, 2012
kayci_d77: Pls Dont blame them, Menh I ran like Ben Johnson today When an Hausa man with goatee approach me carrying a bag. I decided to observe safety first now that BOKO Boys no get identity grin grin grin

Hey Ju man, dat na old skool, you for Hussein Bolt go jam molue. Fool!
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Binkalette: 5:54pm On Mar 26, 2012
Laila Ikeji: I loooove fashola!!

Me too.[img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by denzel2009: 5:59pm On Mar 26, 2012
So, demolishing the mosques means boko harams won't find their way to the secretariat?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 26, 2012
wtf?

How does this make sense for Christ sake? Why take the easy way out? Why not try to increase efficient security?

Logic: I'll demolish my neighbor's house to prevent the possibility of house robbery.

Fashola is getting slower by the day. Where is Eko-Ile to explain this? (PS, no abuse o, I just want to know why Fashola is thinking more like Okorocha, slow and incompetent nowadays)

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 26, 2012
denzel2009: So, demolishing the mosques means boko harams won't find their way to the secretariat?

Exactly my question. See shameful Nigerians jubilating on such a foolish move.

I fear the this move actually have the opposite effect. the more ppl feel threatened (demolishing their worship center without protocol), the more they'll feel the need to defend.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by teskyg: 6:07pm On Mar 26, 2012
Infact,there is one mosque around my house that blared their speaker every morning disturbing the neigbourhood with suspicious terrorist looking worshipers.Pls,Fashola come and do Justice to the Mosque cos they may be manufacturing bomb and pilling RPG and IED there.I suggest all Mosque should be relocated to the forest where they can co inhabits with the Amimals that they originally are.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Mynd44: 6:20pm On Mar 26, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Exactly my question. See shameful Nigerians jubilating on such a foolish move.

I fear the this move actually have the opposite effect. the more ppl feel threatened (demolishing their worship center without protocol), the more they'll feel the need to defend.

And what ideas do you have as to increase security around the place?
The truth is that those mosques should not be there in the first place forget BH. High crowd attracting centers should not be in the vicinity of the place
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 26, 2012
Mynd_44:
And what ideas do you have as to increase security around the place?
The truth is that those mosques should not be there in the first place forget BH. High crowd attracting centers should not be in the vicinity of the place

Who exactly determines which structure should be where? Why do you say it's not supposed to be there?
Are you a construction worker? An architect? An engineer?
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 26, 2012
teskyg: Infact,there is one mosque around[ my house that blared their speaker every morning disturbing the neigbourhood with suspicious terrorist looking worshipers.Pls,Fashola come and do Justice to the Mosque cos they may be manufacturing bomb and pilling RPG and IED there.I suggest all Mosque should be relocated to the forest where they can co inhabits with the Amimals that they originally are.

ROTFLMAO!!!!! grin grin grin Who you saw was fstranger and family.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Politics In Churches: Father Mbaka Apologises On Behalf Of Nigerian Pastors / Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? / Now Or Never! By Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.