Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack (16912 Views)

I've Come To Demolish Money Gospel In Nigeria - Kenyan Prophet / Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church / Ex Boko Haram Leader Fingers Ibb,atiku And Buhari As Sponsors Of Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 27, 2012
ndu_chucks: This is an egregious, shameful and dishonourable act by Fashola. No place of worship, whether Mosque or Church should be demolished because of some recommendation by an incompetent SSS. I'm ashamed of Fashola. Is the act even legal?

This is the same man you'll find in Dubai along with Tinubu and others during Ramadan looking like devout Moslems. olodo
Wow, so now SSS is incompetent !
SSS is trained by the best: MOSSAD, MI6, CIA, and their Nigerian elders.
So if they advice to destroy a mosque we should conclude without use of logics that they are incompetent.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 27, 2012
Abdul315: [color=#770077][/color]
if all u kfirs knew beta u wld do beta
So we should know better, and since we are kafirs we do not know better!
How do you call a group of people following one single religion and categorizing all the non followers by one single name : people call that a cult! The death cult!
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 27, 2012
kinstinct: Islamophobia in the air

Bottom line is should these structures be there in the first place? I cannot remember BH attacks around the vicinity of any mosque.
The way it i going, it looks like we have to eliminate all Muslims to feel safe... impossible.

All BH may claim to be Muslims, but not all Muslims are BH.
Not possible in the north but certainly possible in the south.
Although I do not wish any such thing.
By the way you should know the destruction of the mosque is strategic: deny a place for BH to gather around places they want to target. It is not a coincidence if it is in the part of the country in which mosques are the most present that BH has been attcking! Fashola is being proactive, that's all.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 27, 2012
realwale:

U are big fool with dat ur stupid analysis,it shows how narrow minded you are.
even though it is painful, it remains the truth.
Sorry man.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Ruqaya(f): 9:58am On Mar 27, 2012
ZUBY77: Great. I like this Fashola guy. He really knows the differences between security and Religion.
They should package the mosque and send it back to Saudi Arabia where it belong.
u're just an example of a perfect slowpoke. Mosque belongs to everywhere in the world.
Fashola is being praised for demolishing mosques, i'm sure when it comes to churches, he will definitely be classified as a bad leader like pharaoh.
Hypocrites!!!
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 27, 2012
antartica: This might speed up the bokos hitting of lagos.I can fuming IN BLOOD that a place dedicated for allah has been taken down by mere motal,fashola.I hope fashola is trully prepared to ward them off,security wise?

With the porous security in nigeria,those beasts can hit anywhere.
If they can hit anywhere then howcome they have never hit any place that was not in the north ?
Silly liar !
And I may repeat myself: fashola is getting lagos ready in case we have to deal with terrorists.
He is improving security in Lagos. And so what a "mortal" demolished a mosque, wasn't that same mosque built by a "mortal" ? And all the churches being destroyed by BH with human beings still inside, were they not dedicated to GOD, were the worshipers not dedicated to GOD, and what about the churches being demolished in Saudi Arabia ?
are they not dedicated to God ?
Silly man!
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Ruqaya(f): 10:03am On Mar 27, 2012
teskyg: Infact,there is one mosque around my house that blared their speaker every morning disturbing the neigbourhood with suspicious terrorist looking worshipers.Pls,Fashola come and do Justice to the Mosque cos they may be manufacturing bomb and pilling RPG and IED there.I suggest all Mosque should be relocated to the forest where they can co inhabits with the Amimals that they originally are.
u don't talk with sense
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 27, 2012
Ruqaya:
u're just an example of a perfect slowpoke. Mosque belongs to everywhere in the world.
Fashola is being praised for demolishing mosques, i'm sure when it comes to churches, he will definitely be classified as a bad leader like pharaoh.
Hypocrites!!!
Was mohamed a citizen of "everywhere in the world" or a suadi citizen ?
Is the kaaba everywhere in the world or just in Saudi arabia, is Medina in everywhere in the world or just saudi arabia ?
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by greall1: 10:06am On Mar 27, 2012
god will judge everyone including fashola and BH.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 27, 2012
greall1: god will judge everyone including fashola and BH.
Well he better judge and kill bh quickly, because people are losing their lives.
Fashola didn't kill anybody, so where is the reason you would compare him to bloodthirsty killers.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Ruqaya(f): 10:15am On Mar 27, 2012
teskyg: @ Bar.Gene and Ganys,you should be embarassed by the attitude of your Islamic brothers which clearly shows that you are all animals.You flag emblem is a sword.pls,let's know if the sword signifies peace.your brothers demolished a new church building yesterday at Ilorin.All ovver the world,from Palestain,Iraq,Syria,Afganistan,Somalia,its a tale of voilence perpuated by your muslim brothers.Am told every time I go to church to embrace peace and love my neigbours.While every other religion preaches love,yours teaches you violence and intolerance.Saudi Arabia where your religion is deeply rooted leave in peace and do much of their businesses with the western world which you despise so much.if you sane,the attitudes of your brothers should have been a concern to you.Our ears are filled with Islam, means peace but events unfolding everyday clearly shows what Islam really stands for.I grow in the North and have so many muslim friends who are quicked to condem attacks carried out by their muslims brothers but go behind to rejoice.That is how most of you reason.My sermon is not to condem you,it should be a source of relection to you and your brothers.You and your brothers have caused so many pains to many homes and its only animals like you that does not feel the pains of those families.
u don't make sense and u don't understand what islam is. Find out or keep mute forever.
Mtcheww
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Jenwitemi(m): 10:16am On Mar 27, 2012
Funnily enough, becoming the president of the nation would have the exact opposite effect. He can only be this effective only in the position of a Governor.
alex406: I wish this man can be d president,he is so proactive.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Smoj(m): 10:16am On Mar 27, 2012
Blackman with black sense, does d demolision of d mosque stop boko haram 4rm attackin d secretariat? I dont know wen we'll move 4ward in 9ja
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Ruqaya(f): 10:17am On Mar 27, 2012
all4naija: Now, Muslims in Nairaland feel threatened when they heard mosques have been destroyed!Some are even saying they are not Muslims but find the move disturbing, that alone proves their hypocrisy nature.

Fashola did the right thing at the right time for the simple truth the nation is going through security failure(Boko Haram can penetrate most security system in the country), where the security men can not even be trusted. Every mosque within the perimeter of public places should be targeted for demolition.
another indecent comment.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Ruqaya(f): 10:23am On Mar 27, 2012
teskyg: I dey vex jare.I have some close families senceless hacked to that by this people for no reason.Women and children.I have withness those killings in the North and its a heart breaking.Some posters have not witness these crisis and may not feel the pain.They don't know.they read papers and sit in the comfort of their homes to respond to our reactions.many lives and business have been destroyed and people rendered helpless.They are people who watched what they have laboured for years destroyed.Most of us have failed to realised that we are practising theser religions by our birth and our parents.I was born in Saudi Arabia,I would have been a muslims,in India,would have been a Hindu e.t.c.I just don't understand the hatred against one another.We aLl should be apostle of peace and until we realised that our common enemies are the politicians and not our faiths.The blood letting is too much.we need to really imbided the spirit of true love.We can't move forward in these fashions.If only we know how our politicians put religion aside and share our nation cake,we would then realised how we have been used.We should stand up to say enough is enough.We enjoined our brothers to sheat their swords let's move forward.My apology to my muslims brothers who feel offended by my initial outburst.I lost some close relatives in the carnage.
sorry for the loss. Ur initial outburst has carefully destroy ur reputation.
Mtcheww
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Ruqaya(f): 10:25am On Mar 27, 2012
patriot2:
So now we have to check by the terrorists to see if we have the right to do anything in this country.
I guess you don't really understand what is going on: we are getting ready to fight terrorism if our minority muslim population wants to become terrorists. If you think we are going to respect your feelings then you are wrong, we prefer saving lives than respecting your feelings. This is Lagos my friend, this is not some little village, so beware!!!
rubbish
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by greall1: 10:34am On Mar 27, 2012
pls don"t get me wrong
i did not mention fashola alone.God will also judge i & you inlcuding fashola not Nairalander supported him about his good Job.i don"t care if fashola also a muslim or Not.
One day one day we will go back where we are from.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 27, 2012
Dr been
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 27, 2012
Ruqaya:
rubbish
what do you prefer ?
Sparing feelings or saving lives ?
You can't have both!
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Ruqaya(f): 11:02am On Mar 27, 2012
patriot2:
what do you prefer ?
Sparing feelings or saving lives ?
You can't have both!
i don't have/need to answer ur question
i'm telling u dat dis BH crisis is not a religious crisis but political crisis and our govt also knows dat, but dey keep mute and every one accuses we muslim as terrorist.
Demolishing of mosq do not and will never make sense but anyway, time will tell.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by VIPICO(m): 11:07am On Mar 27, 2012
OMG! I love this. Other State governors should follow suit and dislodge these viruses from where real humans stay.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 27, 2012
Ruqaya:
i'm telling u dat dis BH crisis is not a religious crisis but political crisis and our govt also knows dat, but dey keep mute and every one accuses we muslim as terrorist.
Demolishing of mosq do not and will never make sense but anyway, time will tell.
Of course islam is never a factor even if muslims seem to have a monopoly in terrorism.
First of all I would like to know if you are a Nigerian first or a Muslim first.
You are not speaking reason and you even refuse to answer questions while you claim it is us who are ignorants.
It is a fact that bh uses mosques to recruit terrorists and to plan attacks and also as housing facilities, unless imams start speaking against the terrorists and start denouncing them, we will have to continue the demolition.
I know for a fact that there are countless good people who happen to be muslims, but we are not to blame (by the way "we" is not very accurate because it means : the rest of the world), the terrorists are to blame.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by VIPICO(m): 11:13am On Mar 27, 2012
Ruqaya:

@Ruqaya, I agree with you about BH being a political problem but may I ask you, 'Why can't politicians also use other religions in Nigeria to end the lives of hundreds of thousands of harmless and innocent human beings? Why? If we want to tell ourselves the truth without sentiments and bias, we will readily agree that there is something fundamentally wrong with this kind of religion. Tufiakwa!
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 27, 2012
To all the good muslims who mean no harm to anybody, I am so sorry things are happening this way, I want to tell you people I love and respect you, but the terrorists are giving you people a bad name. In these times it is quite difficult for a non muslim to know who is a terrorist and who is a good man who just happens to be a muslim.
Your women are the kindest I have ever found. I know a few who left the faith: some arab women. They are beautiful inside and outside. Such beautiful minds. The terrorists are causing problems between us and we have to fight them together.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by baslone: 12:37pm On Mar 27, 2012
Ruqaya:
sorry for the loss. Ur initial outburst has carefully destroy ur reputation.
Mtcheww

Ha ha! I expect you to be smarter than swallowing those fairy tales he wrote up there!

Didn't you read through the replies he got and if you didn't- search yourself and be sincere-does he sound sane to you?

Truly!!
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by queensmith: 12:49pm On Mar 27, 2012
Everfrank: Why do Seun allow idiots on Nairaland? The said mosques were demolished purely for town planning purposes. These are mini mosques that were built without approval. In the same vein giant churches have been sealed by the same Lagos state govt. Why do they seal them? I know but won't make mischief about it. Cos I respect christanity and my closest associates today are christians- not idiots.

Makes sense, but where is the evidence of this??
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Btruth: 12:55pm On Mar 27, 2012
GboyegaD:

So this is enough to make him your president right I wonder how Nigerians can be so intrigued by little things as this.

Little wonder do help sometimes. Remember, "Tesco" slogan....." Every little help".
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by greall1: 1:16pm On Mar 27, 2012
I RESERVE MY COMENT I DON"T WANT TO RUDE FASHOLA
BUT DON"T FORGET 80% OF REAL LAGOSGIAN ARE MUSLIM
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Sweetnecta: 1:25pm On Mar 27, 2012
How a muslim ordered the destruction of a mosque is beyond me, when he is even forbidden to destroy churches. Definitely, churches are less important to him than mosques are.
The messenger of Allah, Muhammad [as] at the battle of Badr told the people guarding him to leave because Allah has promised to protect him. And Allah [swt] is the best of Protectors.
After 911, the muslim communities in USA, specifically in New York City told the authorities that Allah is our Protector, not needing additional 'protector[s]'.

Fear of man is sign of lack of true faith. When a muslim leader is destroying Islamic places of worship because he fears harms from misguided group[s], instead of supplicating to God for protection, no wonder the state of religion is the way it is in the west; ignorance leading people to seek faith in the wrong quarters, thinking that they will be successful there. They fail to observe that poverty and test abounds in all religions and success on earth is not based on being in the correct religion and shall not matter on the Day of Assembly, where the nation of religion you belong to and your faith and deeds shall be the elements that matter to your Judge; God Almighty Allah.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by greall1: 1:28pm On Mar 27, 2012
YOU BELIEVE THE BEST WAY FOR YOU TO SECURE LAGOS FROM BH IS TO DEMOLISH MOSQUES IN LAGOS STATE.
YOU ALSO BELIEVE THAT NOBODY CAN CHALLENGE YOU BUT ALLAHU TALA WILL CHALLENGE YOU AT ANY TIME.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 27, 2012
greall1: I RESERVE MY COMENT I DON"T WANT TO RUDE FASHOLA
BUT DON"T FORGET 80% OF REAL LAGOSGIAN ARE MUSLIM
That is not true, 80% of them are christians.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 27, 2012
Sweetnecta: How a muslim ordered the destruction of a mosque is beyond me, when he is even forbidden to destroy churches. Definitely, churches are less important to him than mosques are.
The messenger of Allah, Muhammad [as] at the battle of Badr told the people guarding him to leave because Allah has promised to protect him. And Allah [swt] is the best of Protectors.
After 911, the muslim communities in USA, specifically in New York City told the authorities that Allah is our Protector, not needing additional 'protector[s]'.

Fear of man is sign of lack of true faith. When a muslim leader is destroying Islamic places of worship because he fears harms from misguided group[s], instead of supplicating to God for protection, no wonder the state of religion is the way it is in the west; ignorance leading people to seek faith in the wrong quarters, thinking that they will be successful there. They fail to observe that poverty and test abounds in all religions and success on earth is not based on being in the correct religion and shall not matter on the Day of Assembly, where the nation of religion you belong to and your faith and deeds shall be the elements that matter to your Judge; God Almighty Allah.
Stop your nonsense, non of us buy into that religious c.rap, destroying those mosques was not against your religion, it was a security measure, so shut it right there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Noah's Ark Remnants Found In Turkey - Fox News / JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze / Can A Genuine Christian Guy Plait His Hair?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.