Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack (16910 Views)

I've Come To Demolish Money Gospel In Nigeria - Kenyan Prophet / Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church / Ex Boko Haram Leader Fingers Ibb,atiku And Buhari As Sponsors Of Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by whitedove(m): 6:26pm On Mar 26, 2012
[i][/i]Thank God the guy is a muslim! otherwise some warped minded i.diots will start questioning the motive behind his actons.....Eko oni Baje!
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by OneNaira6: 6:29pm On Mar 26, 2012
I'm not even muslim and I know this is not a good act and unfair.

WTF is wrong with Nigerians? I'm literally shocked at the number of people saying this is Good.

In order to stop Boko Haram, una are destroying another man's place of worship and telling them to stop their religious worship. WTF? Even I know this is wrong and I do not even like the religion.

Mscheww!!! Let him demolish 5 churches, this way we all know he's being fair since Boko Haram attacks churches as well.

BTW: How would this stop Boko Haram, if anything, it will irritate them.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by ObaMa9ja1: 6:36pm On Mar 26, 2012
Ok..
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by ArQueBusieR(m): 6:42pm On Mar 26, 2012
From a military POV, he did the right thing.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by reagand200(m): 6:44pm On Mar 26, 2012
'Infact,there is one mosque around my house that blared their speaker every morning disturbing the neigbourhood with suspicious terrorist looking worshipers.Pls,Fashola come and do Justice to the Mosque cos they may be manufacturing bomb and pilling RPG and IED there.I suggest all Mosque should be relocated to the forest where they can co inhabits with the Amimals that they originally are'

My My, what is happening to "RELIGION TOLERANCE".
But you may have some 30% truth in this audacious statement.
I counter you to speak on the other religion, balance your statement...please.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by PastorAIO: 6:48pm On Mar 26, 2012
GboyegaD:

So this is enough to make him your president right I wonder how Nigerians can be so intrigued by little things as this.

In any normal civilised country that is not enough to make him president. BUT IN NIGERIA? In Nigeria he is even over qualified for the post. He is the equivalent of 3 presidents.

I'm not a fan of the guy but I admit in the country of the blind, one eyed man must be made the king.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by erico2k2(m): 7:02pm On Mar 26, 2012
Well done
This is proactive responce
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by joyfun: 7:05pm On Mar 26, 2012
Eko Ono Baje OH!! Obaje tiii smiley
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by erico2k2(m): 7:07pm On Mar 26, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Exactly my question. See shameful Nigerians jubilating on such a foolish move.

I fear the this move actually have the opposite effect. the more ppl feel threatened (demolishing their worship center without protocol), the more they'll feel the need to defend.

Here in the Uk there is a little law that permits you to stopp someone by equall and proportionate means if you think you are being threathened,ie you can punch someone first if you think you are about to get attacked by the person same rule steven gerald use in getting out of trouble when he punched somebody in a Pub.
What am I trying to say? lets leave religion out of this,The Govt of the state is the chief security officer of the state, He percieved a threat and dealth with it the best way he could end of storey.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 26, 2012
erico2k2:

Here in the Uk there is a little law that permits you to stopp someone by equall and proportionate means if you think you are being threathened,ie you can punch someone first if you think you are about to get attacked by the person same rule steven gerald use in getting out of trouble when he punched somebody in a Pub.
What am I trying to say? lets leave religion out of this,The Govt of the state is the chief security officer of the state, He percieved a threat and dealth with it the best way he could end of storey.

Yes, I think we've both agreed that UK's law system is wack.

How can you say "Leave religion out of it" when the object of threat is religion itself. Boko harams are religiously motivated (so we hear), Fashola demolishes worship centers. These are all bordered on religion.
If Muslims feel threatened by this move, according to your logic, they should "deal with it the best way they can". Do you seriously want that?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Manselcompany: 7:18pm On Mar 26, 2012
We have job offer to both skill and unskill.contact mr richard for more information 08 137274929
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Dawdy(m): 7:41pm On Mar 26, 2012
fashola fee tee
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Mynd44: 7:42pm On Mar 26, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Who exactly determines which structure should be where? Why do you say it's not supposed to be there?
Are you a construction worker? An architect? An engineer?
Perhaps you should have asked for the Location of these places before you talk. About 7 years ago, the headquarters of christembassy was possessed by the state government for the reason that the church's membership was constituting a security threat to the governor's office. How come we are quick to forget things like this?
If the mosques have a large attendance, then they should be removed
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Ninilowo(m): 8:04pm On Mar 26, 2012
Make the man send all the MALO dem comot for Lagos jare. They are potential dangers as dem boku for alaba, agege, mile 12, etc
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Tittos: 8:12pm On Mar 26, 2012
denzel2009: So, demolishing the mosques means boko harams won't find their way to the secretariat?
The real logic is,if you get a security report about your neighbor habouring criminals and causing a treat to your street and you have an authority to demolish the building or ask them to vacate,won't you? Even the American Government takes the so-called 'easy way out..no serious government plays with the safety of its citizens..
Another logic-why waste money beefing up security and sleeping with one eye open when you can demolish the building and be assured of your safety

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Ganys: 8:39pm On Mar 26, 2012
Some knockedhead in the house are praising fashola for his senseless action. where is the corelation btw the mosque and boko haram. based on their recent attack, do we have any security hints that suggest that boko haram strategise in the mosque. For those of you that call fashola a muslim, you have missed it long ago. His wife is a catholic fanatic. i know the advise on the demolition of these 5 mosque must have come from his useless wife. If you like, go and bulldose Lagos Central Mosque, ISLAM will continue to thrive. Though i dont support boko haram, but the right of other worshippers should not be infringed because of some few bad eggs.... I'm waiting for you replies and attack.....

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by erico2k2(m): 8:48pm On Mar 26, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Yes, I think we've both agreed that UK's law system is wack.

How can you say "Leave religion out of it" when the object of threat is religion itself. Boko harams are religiously motivated (so we hear), Fashola demolishes worship centers. These are all bordered on religion.
If Muslims feel threatened by this move, according to your logic, they should "deal with it the best way they can". Do you seriously want that?
first and foremost where did we agree that the UK law is wack?
Secondly I said leave religion out of it as these guys are oporating under the disguise of religion, they aint realy Muslims.Jobless people who got no heading its like MEND commingout to say the are fighting 4 xtians, wont that be a laugh?
Now it aint muslim who felt threathened but the Govt of the day ie Fashola+Secteriat.And if Muslims feel threathened the only Logical thing they could do is move from that area of which had been helped FOC for them by Fash.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by emsquare(m): 8:48pm On Mar 26, 2012
Serious mata!
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Samxiulee: 9:01pm On Mar 26, 2012
A religious building shouldn't be at the perimeters of a public,secular adminstrative building in the first place
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 26, 2012
denzel2009: So, demolishing the mosques means boko harams won't find their way to the secretariat?

Good talk. See how short sighted our leaders could be!
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 26, 2012
teskyg: Infact,there is one mosque around my house that blared their speaker every morning disturbing the neigbourhood with suspicious terrorist looking worshipers.Pls,Fashola come and do Justice to the Mosque cos they may be manufacturing bomb and pilling RPG and IED there.I suggest all Mosque should be relocated to the forest where they can co inhabits with the Amimals that they originally are.

Kindly see your doctor. Why? You are going insane!

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Ganys: 9:25pm On Mar 26, 2012
Barr. Gene:

Kindly see your doctor. Why? You are going insane!
Gbam!!!!! grin
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by 4wardever(m): 10:03pm On Mar 26, 2012
Imagine if Gov. Fashola was a Christian and went ahead to destroy those mosques, hmmm? I wonder what would have become of Lagos state this night?

Your guess is as good as mine...

World War 3.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by dokunbam(m): 10:12pm On Mar 26, 2012
Eko oni baje oo I mean Eko oni blow oo, ooo blow ti
Lagos is moving fashola is work
Kudos my gov
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by poj(m): 10:16pm On Mar 26, 2012
teskyg: Infact,there is one mosque around my house that blared their speaker every morning disturbing the neigbourhood with suspicious terrorist looking worshipers.Pls,Fashola come and do Justice to the Mosque cos they may be manufacturing bomb and pilling RPG and IED there.I suggest all Mosque should be relocated to the forest where they can co inhabits with the Amimals that they originally are.
what an indecent comment

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by teskyg: 10:26pm On Mar 26, 2012
@ Bar.Gene and Ganys,you should be embarassed by the attitude of your Islamic brothers which clearly shows that you are all animals.You flag emblem is a sword.pls,let's know if the sword signifies peace.your brothers demolished a new church building yesterday at Ilorin.All ovver the world,from Palestain,Iraq,Syria,Afganistan,Somalia,its a tale of voilence perpuated by your muslim brothers.Am told every time I go to church to embrace peace and love my neigbours.While every other religion preaches love,yours teaches you violence and intolerance.Saudi Arabia where your religion is deeply rooted leave in peace and do much of their businesses with the western world which you despise so much.if you sane,the attitudes of your brothers should have been a concern to you.Our ears are filled with Islam, means peace but events unfolding everyday clearly shows what Islam really stands for.I grow in the North and have so many muslim friends who are quicked to condem attacks carried out by their muslims brothers but go behind to rejoice.That is how most of you reason.My sermon is not to condem you,it should be a source of relection to you and your brothers.You and your brothers have caused so many pains to many homes and its only animals like you that does not feel the pains of those families.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by teskyg: 10:28pm On Mar 26, 2012
@ Bar.Gene and Ganys,you should be embarassed by the attitude of your Islamic brothers which clearly shows that you are all animals.You flag emblem is a sword.pls,let's know if the sword signifies peace.your brothers demolished a new church building yesterday at Ilorin.All ovver the world,from Palestain,Iraq,Syria,Afganistan,Somalia,its a tale of voilence perpuated by your muslim brothers.Am told every time I go to church to embrace peace and love my neigbours.While every other religion preaches love,yours teaches you violence and intolerance.Saudi Arabia where your religion is deeply rooted leave in peace and do much of their businesses with the western world which you despise so much.if you sane,the attitudes of your brothers should have been a concern to you.Our ears are filled with Islam, means peace but events unfolding everyday clearly shows what Islam really stands for.I grow in the North and have so many muslim friends who are quicked to condem attacks carried out by their muslims brothers but go behind to rejoice.That is how most of you reason.My sermon is not to condem you,it should be a source of relection to you and your brothers.You and your brothers have caused so many pains to many homes and its only animals like you that does not feel the pains of those families.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by oche55: 10:32pm On Mar 26, 2012
Why are people soº°˚˚˚°º‎​ gullible? We have loose our sense of reasoning to ethno-religious sentiments, Imagine what a reasonable human being would say? That "mosque should be relocated to forest".
Pls, if you must talk talk reasonably and don't be driven by ill sentiments. Come to think of it, are Muslims Boko haram? Are there not christains in the group? Are the BH not attacking muslims and mosque too?
I urge you all to wear a human face and make proper use of your sense of reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by oche55: 10:39pm On Mar 26, 2012
Hmmmm, u guys are not doing any just analysis to Boko haram at but rather making silly judgment based on sentiment.
Do you guys understand conspiracy at all? All this BH sheet are political calculation by propagandist and media. If u use U̶̲̥̅̊ r head you will see. Use U̶̲̥̅̊ r head.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 26, 2012
Now, Muslims in Nairaland feel threatened when they heard mosques have been destroyed!Some are even saying they are not Muslims but find the move disturbing, that alone proves their hypocrisy nature.

Fashola did the right thing at the right time for the simple truth the nation is going through security failure(Boko Haram can penetrate most security system in the country), where the security men can not even be trusted. Every mosque within the perimeter of public places should be targeted for demolition.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by wizard010(m): 10:43pm On Mar 26, 2012
Imagine if d topic says this

"Lagos State Govt Demolish Five CHURCHES For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack"

U'll hv seen d opposite of d comments made here #smh

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Noah's Ark Remnants Found In Turkey - Fox News / JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze / Can A Genuine Christian Guy Plait His Hair?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.