Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? (25952 Views)

Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures / Photos: The Longest Banner In Nigeria Hit Third Mainland Bride / "I Am Ready Group" Unveils The Longest Banner For Buhari In Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by deshclones(m): 11:52am On Mar 27, 2012
crusifis:

in a situation, when you dont have enough funds like fashola, you need to do a scale of preference, and build roads acording to necessity, except you want to run your state bankrupt by borrowing funds,remember that most state dont have d same money as lagos or the south-south states, and please dont u dare call me daft again

you are not just daft but certified and tested stup1d...how dare you spew trash on a public forum so the money the yellow nigga is saving for anambra state is for who> its like a father putting all his money in the bank while the kids starve...anambra has billions in the bank...earning interest on a daily basis..do you know how much interest 10billion naira generate in a day? whose pockets do the money go to??dude is using the state's fund to shore up the capital base of his fidelity bank and you are here spewing trash...take a trip to the state and weep on her behalf.. angry angry
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Nonybb: 11:54am On Mar 27, 2012
crusifis:

relocate, i promise u wont regret it. forget about about the roads. their girls are something else

im from anambra, and i live in nigeria, u dont need to build roads so that people will clap for you, considering the lack of resources, he is building those roads where they are of economics value, lke aguleri, that produces rice e.t.c. like nnwei that has factories, apart from sch, and in my village too
ur so cheap and i wasnt surprise at the price u may hv been bought. So this is wat they told u and u gullibly shoved it in into ur thick twaty brain. This is typical of an african mind low retarded mentality, am saddened that too many of ur kind exist in this world and to a greater pain even exist in my state!
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 27, 2012
crusifis:

in a situation, when you dont have enough funds like fashola, you need to do a scale of preference, and build roads acording to necessity, except you want to run your state bankrupt by borrowing funds,remember that most state dont have d same money as lagos or the south-south states, and please dont u dare call me daft again

With due respect bro, I repeat "you are daft". Your argument is really silly. So in your uber wisdom, a state should use her limited funds to construct roads for businesses abi any remnant thereafter should be used for the people if at all?

My guy, go and learn the rules of governing and do not come and pollute these forums with your half-baked government propaganda please.
How much do Enugu State, Akwa Ibom State and Cross-River State get in comparison to Anambra State? How much results are we seeing from those states compared to Anambra.

There is no excuse for the state Anambra is in today and you cannot defend the indefensible. Period.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 27, 2012
Why should this poster disturb us with this unconfirmed news when there is no evidence to proof its authenticity. This should not even find its way to the front page in the first place.

@Poster, if you are sure of this show us the pictures
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by KINGwax(m): 12:41pm On Mar 27, 2012
Excelboi: Is this an achievement? Only bridge, u guys are ranting! is it longest we want to hear to how properly built and how long it will last.
biliv me i don't knw wot elates us, is it, 'nigeria has the lowest percentage of unemployed graduates in africa, nigeria has the lowest rate of corruption in d world or their mama's pant is the largest?'
dubai built empires upon empires of infrastructures today because their oil has been predicted to start going dry anytime from now and the sheik started planting infrastructures that is bringing great employment and massive revenue for dubai. You all standa there dey yap. You dey craze for nothing. Terry G sef no craze for nothing.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Immune1(m): 12:52pm On Mar 27, 2012
Its really funny how people turn very plain details into weapons of tribalism and unnecessary comparison.Whether or not it sounds good to your hearing,Akwa-ibom state is on the rise, its very funny some people served(nysc) there and ripped benefits of which I don't have time to discuss about, then come here and spit garbage.The state is blessed and they have a governor that is taking full advantage of what the state offers to better the state; I don't see how that should inspire any level of provocation.Go and read more details about the sea-port in view, the very functional airport(which is still improved upon) and how you don't put the cart before the horse when planning.Akwa-ibom is bound to witness a great population surge and you are here saying the good roads in place are leading to no where?Am not picking on anyone here,just using the available angles to make a clear cut points that Goodswill is working and am glad for the state.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Natasha2(f): 1:05pm On Mar 27, 2012
nice but no pics cry
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by ocelot2006(m): 1:13pm On Mar 27, 2012
That is my action Governor. Akwa Ibom ado ok!
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Aladinn(m): 1:16pm On Mar 27, 2012
Another gross waste of vital and limited resources!
What economic needs would 'a longest bridge' meet in Akwa Ibom?
Its just like the late Houmphet Felix- Boigny of Ivory Coast building the largest cathedral, bigger than St! Peter basillica, in yamasoukro amidst plenty of poverty soaking the town.
Misplaced priorities becloud our leaders, even the so-called-working-governors.
My question. Why are our leaders not embarking extensively on human developments rather than huge 'irrelevant' projects to benefit the lives of the people?
This simple analogy below should shed more light on my question.
Lets evacuate the people of Ajegunle and take them to VGC, and the people of VGC to Ajegunle. 5yrs time, which of the two areas wil develop or become degraded with time?
Third longest bridge in the world is a monumental waste considering the economy of the land.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by ocelot2006(m): 1:30pm On Mar 27, 2012
crusifis: i did my nysc at akwaibom, ikotekpene to be precise. yes, he is building very good roads, but for no reason, u will see a good road leading to no where, no houses, schools or anythinh, but road go just dey, make e be say e dey. i think roads should be built where they have economic value, the same way peter obi is doing

Bros, thunder fire your left eye. Apparently, you were never observant. So the road that connects Aba (a SE economic hub) to Uyo (the state capital) via Ikot Ekpene was built for nothing? How about the Etim Ekpo road that connects the state to Port Harcourt via Abia? I guess that was also built for nothing, abi?

How many states can boast of the same civil infrastructures Akwa Ibom state has? From the excellent road networks, the recreational spots (Le Meredien, Tropicana, Silverbird gallaria, etc), the really active airport with daily flights to LAG and ABJ and an MRO facility that can comfortably house a single Airbus A-380 or two 747s, the health facilities including the cottage hospitals, and lots more?

Seriously all haters of Akwa Ibom state and her action governor should do me a favour: go give the closest PHCN transformer to you a lapdance.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Dede1(m): 1:40pm On Mar 27, 2012
Nigerian must learn to proportion blames and praises. Akpabio did not start this project. The project was completed under his watch which deserves commendations. But the praise of visionary wit to construct the roads and bridges to join the infrastructural demands of deepwater seaport being constructed in Akwa Ibom shall go to the former governor of Akwa Ibom State who started the project.

Governors should be judged based on the visionary input to state development not on completion of thought out projects by a former governor.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Beaf: 1:52pm On Mar 27, 2012
emmatok:

Fail angry angry angry

Another chest-beating sycophant.

Where is the bridge?
Where is the site?
Where is the design?

What is the purpose of the insults? Sometimes you have to wonder if some NLers are crazy. angry
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 27, 2012
Pdp mentality;always executing projects on paper.e take am resemble boda lucky ni.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Beaf: 2:01pm On Mar 27, 2012
Aladinn: Another gross waste of vital and limited resources!
What economic needs would 'a longest bridge' meet in Akwa Ibom?
Its just like the late Houmphet Felix- Boigny of Ivory Coast building the largest cathedral, bigger than St! Peter basillica, in yamasoukro amidst plenty of poverty soaking the town.
Misplaced priorities becloud our leaders, even the so-called-working-governors.
My question. Why are our leaders not embarking extensively on human developments rather than huge 'irrelevant' projects to benefit the lives of the people?
This simple analogy below should shed more light on my question.
Lets evacuate the people of Ajegunle and take them to VGC, and the people of VGC to Ajegunle. 5yrs time, which of the two areas wil develop or become degraded with time?
Third longest bridge in the world is a monumental waste considering the economy of the land.

The road leads to a port, so what the hell are you going on about?
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 27, 2012
Dede1: Nigerian must learn to proportion blames and praises. Akpabio did not start this project. The project was completed under his watch which deserves commendations. But the praise of visionary wit to construct the roads and bridges to join the infrastructural demands of deepwater seaport being constructed in Akwa Ibom shall go to the former governor of Akwa Ibom State who started the project.

Governors should be judged based on the visionary input to state development not on completion of thought out projects by a former governor.
I beg to differ. We have had too many visionaries who started wonderful projects, many of which were never completed.
Akpabio has not only completed numerous projects started by previous administration but he has many completed within short periods of time.
Attah as an architect who drew the state's masterplan upon it's creation in 1987 had the perfect oppurtunity, as the state's chief executive officer for 8 years, to put implementation to plan but bungled it.
As for those saying he is building roads that lead to 'nowhere', thank you we like it that way.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by dabrake(m): 2:11pm On Mar 27, 2012
odiaero: Longest bridge in africa still remain third mainland bridge, untill another bridge is completed, longer and usable, , third still remains the longest
have you heard of the lower zambezi bridge?
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Olaolufred(m): 2:36pm On Mar 27, 2012
If saying it or planing it is construed to be already done,
The longest bridge is the one I am planning to do in 10years time.
It will start from the east coast of New York and end in the west coast of China.
It will cut across Atlantic ocean,Africa Continent and India ocean.
With this, 80% of the world must have been connected by road.
Is this not laudable? Akpabio own is a child's play.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by ocelot2006(m): 2:44pm On Mar 27, 2012
Dede1: Nigerian must learn to proportion blames and praises. Akpabio did not start this project. The project was completed under his watch which deserves commendations. But the praise of visionary wit to construct the roads and bridges to join the infrastructural demands of deepwater seaport being constructed in Akwa Ibom shall go to the former governor of Akwa Ibom State who started the project.

Please leave ex-gov. Attah out of this. That old fool was in power for 8 years but did not do JACK. Yet you want us to praise him for someone else's feat? Hell no!
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Cupidkc(m): 2:53pm On Mar 27, 2012
Huh!
'I comment my reserve' 4nw. Pix plz!
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Beaf: 3:07pm On Mar 27, 2012
Just to put minds at ease...

The Etebi-Enwang Bridge will not be the longest in Nigeria. It will be completed in 2013, with a length of 11.15km; this is just short of the length of 3rd Mainland Bridge which is 11.82km long.

The original design of the bridge was for 650m (under a kilometer), the Akpabio govt felt that it did not meet their high standards for road construction (due to swamplands) and extended it massively to 11.15km.

What Akpabio is doing is building the equivalent of 3rd Mainland Bridge in under 3 years.
Who says Akpabio is not the best governor by a bloody long shot? cool
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by adook1: 3:46pm On Mar 27, 2012
I am from that village itys a fraud its a road that started sinced 2007,the writter is the state chairman of nuj ,u can imagine them decieving nigerians, sinoend nig ltd is the contractor their equipments are all broken down chinese made tools,the project is road througn a swamp and is not even near 10 percent complete,think its like building a bridge to brazil from lagos ,akwa ibom govt. Propaganda
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Uche2005: 3:47pm On Mar 27, 2012
Orji orji, you go kill person. you be correct igbo, the son of your original father.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Aladinn(m): 3:50pm On Mar 27, 2012
Beaf:

The road leads to a port, so what the hell are you going on about?
Egbon razist, how busy is that port you talking about? Are there no routes to the ports presently that it would require a futuristic longest bridge?
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by pssword: 3:55pm On Mar 27, 2012
Akpabio is just another example of waste, waste, waste. A bridge? What is the value of building a bridge when the young people have no jobs. The bridge is apparently going to "proposed" Ibaka port. This port has no planning permission, no plans nothing. And there is a point this because the Ibaka port cannot compete with the port in PH. So where is this bridge going, it basically abridge to nowhere. The engineering company building this bridge Sinoeng is a Chinese company that does not transfer any technology to Akwaibom nor does it provide real jobs to the people of state ( except for manual labour ), so what is the gain here. The bridge is nothing more than a monument to Akpabio's ego and a total waste of Akwaibom money, time and energy - useless..
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Beaf: 4:36pm On Mar 27, 2012
Aladinn:
Egbon razist, how busy is that port you talking about? Are there no routes to the ports presently that it would require a futuristic longest bridge?

Do you know what swampland is? It is better to build a bridge on solid foundations to carry port traffic than to sand-fill a road and watch it sink and disintegrate like all the ill-conceived roads past govts built to link ports in Lagos.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Sylverbox(m): 4:44pm On Mar 27, 2012
Am even God sef dey vex 4 humans wey him create, we r neva contended wt anything. 4 all I care even if Akpabio is stealing much more dan he is using den so b it. I went 2 uyo in 2005 n I must confess it was in a shameful state, Go there now, u will b amazed. Its only a blind man dat cnt see dat d young man has bragging rights. He does wateva he says he will. So pls let's stop dis habit of neva eva being satisfied, even if na any of us dey dat possition we may not hav done dat much.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by doctuw(m): 4:53pm On Mar 27, 2012
Right from 1999, no PDP project is people oriented. It is usually for the elites and in most cases a monumental waste. We need visionary leaders, sadly, they are not in PDP. They are in the weaker and few oppositions.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Beaf: 4:58pm On Mar 27, 2012
doctuw: Right from 1999, no PDP project is people oriented. It is usually for the elites and in most cases a monumental waste. We need visionary leaders, sadly, they are not in PDP. They are in the weaker and few oppositions.

You got jokes, bruv!
Akpabio is the only governor whose budget gives 83% to capital projects. Other governors are satisfied with forty something percent, most of which they steal anyway.

Please give it to Akpabio. What a guy!
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Mcdondayan: 5:28pm On Mar 27, 2012
Human beings are never satisfied.How can one who claim 2 know akwa ibom state say he is only constructing roads?Did u tell them that he built an international airport, he is building a football stadium nd engaging in other developmental projects to mention but few. Why dont u at least clap 4 him b4 u open u mouth 2 say trash. What did Obong Victor Attah do 4 Akwa Ibom state. If u say he is nt trying then what ll u do 2 d worse governor in Nigeria T.A. Orji (thief agbero orji). I am nt 4rm Akwa Ibom state but Godswill is doing well.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Mcdondayan: 5:31pm On Mar 27, 2012
Human beings are never satisfied.How can one who claim 2 know akwa ibom state say he is only constructing roads?Did u tell them that he built an international airport, he is building a football stadium, he is building a sea port nd engaging in other developmental projects to mention but few. Why dont u at least clap 4 him b4 u open u mouth 2 say trash. What did Obong Victor Attah do 4 Akwa Ibom state. If u say he is nt trying then what ll u do 2 d worse governor in Nigeria T.A. Orji (thief agbero orji). I am nt 4rm Akwa Ibom state but Godswill is doing well.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by scribble: 6:10pm On Mar 27, 2012
Akpabio is not working jor. The roads lead to nowhere.

If you see Umana Umana's house you will curse the day u were born, all dey do dere is steal funds.

The governor goes clubbin, subsidizes movie tickets and imports young brizzels so he can do his shizzle

waste of state
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by pssword: 6:48pm On Mar 27, 2012
Why do people write about Akwaibom without at least doing their homework. The airport was started by the previous government to a very advanced state and completed by Akpabio. Also most of the major roads going somewhere were started by the previous government, like the road to Le Meridian and Calabar. The others, well, go nowhere and are just waste of resources..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Acting IGP, Adamu Resume Duty, Release New Press Statement / Buhari A Joke, Unfit To Be Administrator Of Whatsapp Group- Atiku / PDP Chief: Anyim Tricked Jonathan To Sign N1.2b Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.