Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,609 members, 7,823,652 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Nigerian Men In Diaspora Murdering Their Wives - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Men In Diaspora Murdering Their Wives (1575 Views)

British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos / 16-Year-Old Girl Caught In The Bush Sleeping With 52 Men In Anambra - The Sun / Tenant Arrested For Murdering Landlord Over Rent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Men In Diaspora Murdering Their Wives by finemocha(f): 5:39pm On Oct 31, 2007
what is going on in this America, Canada y are our african (nigerian men) killing their wives. yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=HPIB,HPIB:2005-17,HPIB:en&q=isatu+omorogieva[b][/b][b][/b][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Nigerian Men In Diaspora Murdering Their Wives by BlackMamba(m): 6:30pm On Oct 31, 2007
With the number of Nigerian men living abroad, I wonder how those unrelated incidents reflect on the character of every Nigerian man abroad. There is bound to be saints and murderers in any given population. Don't twist facts to suit your goal.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men In Diaspora Murdering Their Wives by Oluchia(f): 10:00am On Nov 01, 2007
BlackMamba:

With the number of Nigerian men living abroad, I wonder how those unrelated incidents reflect on the character of every Nigerian man abroad. There is bound to be saints and murderers in any given population. Don't twist facts to suit your goal.

Thanks Blackmamba, U took the word right out of my mouth.
@ Finemocha, I've noticed from your previous posts here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-22287.64.html#msg1637376 that u really have a big issue against nigerians. Fine, our image as a country is nothing to write home about especially in the International community, but that does not mean that all Nigerians are bad, and putting a general tag on Nigerian men in Diaspora as 'wife murderers' is taking it a bit far don't u think so? Nigerians may be known for their fraudulent activities(419, Internet fraud etc and of course other countries are also involved), but when it comes to cases like this, the Americans are usually the culprit. I'm not saying that Nigerians are not capable of murder but putting Nigeria in the box of anything 'bad' is not going to help us. It is still our country and we are and will still remain Nigerians. We can't run away from that fact, and the least we can do is to individually and collectively do our best to redeem our image and stop giving other countries reasons to continue having a bad impression about us.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men In Diaspora Murdering Their Wives by finemocha(f): 4:36pm On Nov 01, 2007
u know what oluchia, your right, not all of them are murdering their wives, just a few, and i do believe that due to media it is slightly heightenend that it actuallly is.  but it still freaks me out that something, that the white men used to do now a few of our naija brothers are imitating.  I guess my whole point is if each and everyone of us do our part, we can actually make a difference.  after all its human beings that make up nigeria not dogs and trees. 

i do wish soem individuals on this thread felt the same way u did, instead of shouting im proud to be nigerian, every minute someone criticizes that country (it's like a freaking reflex, that they have been programmed to yap at the slightest hint of criticism).  afterall the only reason y i give a damn is because i care, u don't see me tripping over other african countries right.

anyway im just tired of people meeting me and saying oh u are soo differnet from other nigerians i have met.  i know they mean it as a compliment but it isnt, it just pisses me off more, and getting mad at them still wont change our image.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men In Diaspora Murdering Their Wives by almondjoy(f): 4:43pm On Nov 01, 2007
Because they lose that "sick" control over their wives outside Nigeria and can't deal with the simple fact that women are "separate but equal" partners in any relationship. Many Nigerian men have foul tempers and poor communication skills. Most with violent streaks because of what they had seen as children and how how their fathers related with their mothers.----- Women as punching bags to prove the strengths of their "manhood".

They go crazy because they cannot control "women" like they do in Nigeria--especially the "local" ones who can never be reformed from so called perceived chauvanistic "superior cultural" biases.  A successful woman is often seen as a threat.  When the men finally get to understand that women do not have to grovel or beg for "favors" and are ready to "walk" like in "GAME OVER DUDE"---all hell breaks lose.  It then becomes a matter of "if I can't have you, no body will"!!!!

This is becoming a trendy notion in many foreign countries and will soon become more popular as women begin to realize that they too can be independent and assertive to some "bush" Nigerian men who see women as personal "properties".  Most of them spend over 20 years in America or the UK driving cabs, instead of re-educating themselves productively.  With no futures, low self-esteem and total lack of fulfillment, they take out their frustrations on their poor family members by becoming verbally, physically and emotionally abusive--often leading in death as you can see.

Instead of doing the honorable thing by walking away like "real" men--they resort to violence and spend the rest of their natural lives in jail.  Serves them right----about time they became cell mates to real men too!
Re: Nigerian Men In Diaspora Murdering Their Wives by Zandra1(f): 5:45pm On Nov 01, 2007
@almondjoy, once again uve hit the nail on the head. I was about to say the same thing grin.
Re: Nigerian Men In Diaspora Murdering Their Wives by vigasimple(m): 7:12pm On Nov 01, 2007
There are some people on this thread who are women and pretend as if they are men, and have been banned on several occassions due to their inflammatory remarks and incitement later to re-appear as a man. Nonetheless leopard never change its spot. Woman or Men cloned never make any difference.

As much that individual may have 'his' or her point near to correct on this issue it nonetheless treat the issue superficially.

let me say that under no circumstances do any man or woman has a right to Kill any other fellow irrespective of the frustration or treatment or circumstances.

Many 'Americanised' Nigerian ( i used that word, rather than the usual African American to distinguished between the two) women actually are not looking for equality rather than they want to boss and run their man like housemaid.

Whilst I do not condone or accept what some Nigerian men do to their wives in Nigeria, the women in the West are even worst. i have live in the West now for about 20 years so I have seen alot. UK and the US have a particular incentive for women to become 'abused' and single parents.

If for once we all pretend that you cannot divorce and have to have a meaningful dialogue and work in your relationship as oppossed to 'modern girl' our women play in the West just because they get carried away then things will be mighty different.

One thing I know for sure there are more dark days waiting for anyone who abused her husband or his wife.

Then such person will remember all their waywardness but it will be too late.

In the meantime we should all continue to pray for unity and happiness in homes and marriages.
Re: Nigerian Men In Diaspora Murdering Their Wives by finemocha(f): 9:48pm On Nov 01, 2007
almond joy wow im ridiculously impressed, that doenst happen often u know grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Men In Diaspora Murdering Their Wives by almondjoy(f): 8:52am On Nov 02, 2007
vigasimple:

There are some people on this thread who are women and pretend as if they are men, and have been banned on several occassions due to their inflammatory remarks and incitement later to re-appear as a man. Nonetheless leopard never change its spot. Woman or Men cloned never make any difference.

Whooppppppityyyyy----Whoopppppitttty--- doooooooooooooo!  Big deal---like anyone asked you. You can change to a female or a transvestite when you are banned "on several occasions" too for all we care.  It is your prerogative.  Who gives a damn? Na award

vigasimple:

As much that individual may have 'his' or her point near to correct on this issue it nonetheless treat the issue superficially.

let me say that under no circumstances do any man or woman has a right to Kill any other fellow irrespective of the frustration or treatment or circumstances.

Many 'Americanised' Nigerian ( i used that word, rather than the usual African American to distinguished between the two) women actually are not looking for equality rather than they want to boss and run their man like housemaid.

Whilst I do not condone or accept what some Nigerian men do to their wives in Nigeria, the women in the West are even worst. i have live in the West now for about 20 years so I have seen alot.

UK and the US have a particular incentive for women to become 'abused' and single parents.

If for once we all pretend that you cannot divorce and have to have a meaningful dialogue and work in your relationship as oppossed to 'modern girl' our women play in the West just because they get carried away then things will be mighty different.

One thing I know for sure there are more dark days waiting for anyone who abused her husband or his wife.

Then such person will remember all their waywardness but it will be too late.

In the meantime we should all continue to pray for unity and happiness in homes and marriages.

I wish I was married to someone like you whether in Nigeria or anywhere else in this world for that matter.  I would have taught you several great lessons you will never forget in this life time and the many more to come.  You are the kind of person with all your "preaching" that may end up in the news for this kind of offence since you have a problem with the "Americanized Nigerian" and "boss ladies"------what ever the hell you mean by that!

While you do not condone the "killings" of women in the hands of brutish Nigerian beasts of men, you are indirectly telling us that some women can be "provocative" and as a result what? If you are not happy in your marriage--you leave.  You do not have the right to take anyone's life---do you understand?  So stick with that part and stop your santimonious preaching.

It is very obvious that you are the kind of man who, having spent donkey years in "the west"---- as you call it-----probably the "wild, wild west" of Nigeria with Adedibu----- you have never learned respect yourself or any woman you have come in contact with.  Look at you talking from both ends of your mouth at the same time---when your "timid" chauvanistic views reek all over Nairaland.  Please keep your prayers to to yourself, for you need it the most.

If you choose to relegate yourself to the status of a "housemaid" to your wife, then you deserve to be treated as one.  If you decide to become the "tail" of the household rather than the "proverbial head of the household", please enjoy "your portion" in life and do not take out your frustrations on any body else. MOVE OUT OF THE DAMN HOUSE AND STAY OUT!!!!!  Good riddance to bad rubbish!!!!
Re: Nigerian Men In Diaspora Murdering Their Wives by mrpataki(m): 10:11am On Nov 03, 2007
hmmm. . . . . . . . . . cool

(1) (Reply)

White Kids Are Much More Likely To Be Using (and Selling) Drugs! / Breaking News A Bomb Blast In Kaduna Killed 9 People / Man Who Burnt Wife With Hot Iron Opens Up,as Emotions Pour In For Burnt Wife!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.