Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,507 members, 7,812,564 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos (52181 Views)

Cultists Stripped To Their Underwear After Being Arrested By Security Men.Photos / Man Pretending To Be A Lady On Instagram Dupes 33 Men (Photos) / Wife Butchers Husband In Ogun For Marrying Another Wife (graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos by exlink10(m): 4:53am On Nov 13, 2015
*a Louise, 34, told she faces jail over sham wedding to a Nigerian man

*She had a 'marriage of convenience' with illegal immigrant Kazeem Kolade

*Court heard Evans married Mr Kolade so the Nigerian could remain in UK

*Evans denied bigamously marrying second man in another sham wedding

A babysitter has been warned she faces jail after marrying a Nigerian illegal immigrant in a sham wedding to help him stay in the UK.

Emma Louise, 34, confessed to taking part in a ‘marriage of convenience’ with Kazeem Kolade but charges that she bigamously married a second man in another sham wedding were later dropped.

Burnley Crown Court heard that her marriage to Kolade was annulled so that Evans could genuinely marry her partner Stephen Akinseye, 45, in January 2013.

Initially Evans was accused of two suspected sham marriages - the first to Kolade and the second to Mr Akinseye - as well as a third charge of bigamy.

Now prosecutors have accepted the second marriage was neither bigamous nor fake and dropped the second sham marriage allegation.

Evans, of Burnley, Lancashire, will be sentenced for the one count of taking part in a 'marriage of convenience' on December 9.

Adjourning the case, Judge Harry Narayan told her: 'The fact that I am going to bail you in order for a pre-sentence report is no indication as to sentence.

'All sentencing options, including a custodial sentence, remain open to the court.'

Evans admitted taking part in the sham marriage to Kolade in order to assist his illegal immigration by deception, so the Nigerian could remain in the UK, the court heard.

The pair wed at Blackburn Register Office in July 2012.

However, Evans strenuously denied bigamy, and also a third charge of taking part in a second sham marriage with Mr Akinseye at Burnley.

After her case was adjourned last year for further investigations, she was able to convince prosecutors she did not go on to bigamously marry Mr Akinseye.

After making enquiries with the Nigerian High Commission, her defence counsel Mark Stuart was able to produce a divorce certificate to prove that Evans’ first marriage had been annulled.

Prosecutor Neil Bisarya said the pleas were acceptable to the Crown, after legal discussions had taken place with Mr Stuart, and further consideration of the evidence in the case.

Judge Narayan formally entered a not guilty verdict on the bigamy offence and allowed the second sham marriage charge for Mr Akinseye to lie on the court file.

The former Accrington and Rossendale College and Fearns High student now faces being sentenced next month on the one sham marriage charge.

The court was not told of the whereabouts of Kolade, or whether he has now been removed from the UK. At the time of his arrest he faced deportation as his temporary visa had expired.

Requesting a pre-sentence report for Evans, Mr Stuart said: 'The defendant is a lady of good character.'

Only last year a senior Government official warned that sham marriages are a 'massive loophole' in Britain's border controls and amount to a 'golden ticket' into the country for immigrants.

John Vine, the chief inspector of Borders and Immigration, highlighted serious failings in the way officials are attempting to combat bogus marriages.

His report found evidence it could be a 'growing problem', but intelligence on the true picture was 'lagging behind'.

A significant number of sham marriages may be going undetected because register offices are failing to report suspicious couples to immigration officials, the report added.

A Home Office spokeswoman said: 'Registrars have a duty to report suspected sham marriages to the Home Office.

'We are working more closely with the General Register Office to increase awareness and improve the national response.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3313435/Babysitter-34-married-Nigerian-illegal-immigrant-sham-wedding-warned-facing-jail.html

1 Share

Re: British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos by leke12(m): 4:55am On Nov 13, 2015
Bi obinrin ba ni oko meji odi ashawo.......iya nla

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos by agarawu23(m): 4:58am On Nov 13, 2015
Citizenship crap,

She is not even attractive angry

35 Likes

Re: British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos by walearoy(m): 4:58am On Nov 13, 2015
See as she big grin

13 Likes

Re: British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos by boboLIL(m): 5:16am On Nov 13, 2015
See heavyweight woman

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos by Akposkool(m): 5:16am On Nov 13, 2015
I knew she would be fat and ugly. These our guys been selling their sef for europe visa. You need to see how these obessed white chicks take advantage of our young men all in the name of visa
Very soon this country will be better and all these oyinbo chimpanzees will marry their fathers. Help me say amin

123 Likes 4 Shares

Re: British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos by RealAdewole(m): 5:25am On Nov 13, 2015
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmnmm. she's made of black

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos by Bensondrums(m): 5:32am On Nov 13, 2015
Helo nairalanders tday is my birthday.am so grateful t God for his faithfulness nd mercies twords me.

117 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos by Khd95(m): 5:35am On Nov 13, 2015
Trust me,n naija guys dont even like her kobo,they wan obtain green card thru her ni jerey

4 Likes

Re: British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos by funlord(m): 5:43am On Nov 13, 2015
shocked
Does she eat the naija men after each wedding? Haba!!!

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos by palladin: 5:46am On Nov 13, 2015
The woman seems attached to Yoruba men

Proudly Odua.

10 Likes

Re: British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos by Bitterleafsoup: 6:00am On Nov 13, 2015
Not surprised now she will do time cause Akinseye told her he hate skinny women. Am sure it is Shym3x the Duke that put this heavy duty in trouble.

27 Likes

Re: British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos by christinie(f): 6:04am On Nov 13, 2015
Checking names? Please stop!

Hot white chicks hardly like black dudes unless they are Michael Jordan or Michael Jackson.

Have I said your mind?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos by Kaybee14(m): 8:05am On Nov 13, 2015
Ok.
Re: British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos by clevadani: 8:05am On Nov 13, 2015
E clear say na her work be that.
Re: British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos by daridex(m): 8:05am On Nov 13, 2015
Bensondrums:
Helo nairalanders tday is my birthday.am so grateful t God for his faithfulness nd mercies twords me.
hbd to you bro

3 Likes

Re: British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos by Nobody: 8:05am On Nov 13, 2015
WTF is that thing in those pics?

6 Likes

Re: British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos by emmymdk: 8:06am On Nov 13, 2015
Ezi!!!

1 Like

Re: British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos by Orikinla(m): 8:07am On Nov 13, 2015
Na business marriage.
They paid her for the scams.
Many Green Card marriages by Nigerians in the US.

1 Like

Re: British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos by free2ryhme: 8:07am On Nov 13, 2015
That is the oldest 34 year old I have ever seen.

9 Likes

Re: British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos by free2ryhme: 8:07am On Nov 13, 2015
na wa ooo
Re: British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos by Akshow: 8:07am On Nov 13, 2015
My yoruba brothers and this there obsession with jandon

9 Likes

Re: British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos by henchamb(m): 8:07am On Nov 13, 2015
Name checker
Ndi akpa dirty. Ndi ofe nmanu

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos by Eddy2cute(m): 8:07am On Nov 13, 2015
Se as she b self?

1 Like

Re: British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos by kennyman2000(m): 8:08am On Nov 13, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos by osabiya16(m): 8:08am On Nov 13, 2015
I have to go now

I will comment later
Re: British Woman In Court For Marrying Two Nigerian Men - Photos by dkronicle(m): 8:08am On Nov 13, 2015
Looools mama get big belly con still dey inhale am...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tiyamiyu Kazeem Kaka: Protest In Sagamu Over The Killing Of Footballer (Videos) / Obituary Of Uwaila Omozuwa Vera: Burial Poster Of Raped UNIBEN Student (Photos) / Bashar Saidu Namaska Killed By Bandits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.