Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

My Parents Forgot My Birthday - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parents Forgot My Birthday (13523 Views)

My Parents Divorce Left My Life In Shambles / How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage / 10-month-old Baby Found Floating 1 Kilometer Out On Sea After Parents ‘forgot’ A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by GChux1: 7:23am On Mar 28, 2012
ismhab: it seems that they don't care about u.
All these aje butters and co in the house should shut the hell up. Your folks forgot your birthday and you think they don't love you? Get a life and stop being a baby. I even forget my own birthday sometimes, thanks to FB now that makes me remember mine and others'. Well you must've been expecting a huge gift u never got. They're prolly in a recession. LMAO.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by metaldude(m): 7:41am On Mar 28, 2012
Outstrip: megastreet I hope you are joking grin grin grin OP if you give him any more info I will slap you
The numbers I gave him were absolutely incorrect.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by rman: 7:41am On Mar 28, 2012
Dawdy: As ure remembering ur birthday, Dont forget ur deathday which is getting closer on every birthday's celebration.
I dont wish any body soon death, but death is inevitable in life.

YOU ARE A SADIST!
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Tgirl4real(f): 7:53am On Mar 28, 2012
Like seriously! 3 pages just cos dem forget bday. Grow up jare cheesy

Though, if na ma own sef I go vex o. sad
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by metaldude(m): 8:10am On Mar 28, 2012
ochukoccna: Kini big deal? undecided undecided undecided
It's ladies who are usually touchy on stuff like this and I thot it was a lady who put up this thread only to see you claim to be a male embarassed embarassed embarassed
Talk true, you be female or she-male? tongue tongue tongue tongue
Guy,it was the moderator who made a mistake.I am a male.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by maclatunji: 8:25am On Mar 28, 2012
metaldude: I can't believe this!Is it possible for parents to forget his or her child's birthday?I celebrated my birthday three days ago;my dad and mum couldn't even call me on my birthday.It was on the 2nd day,early in the morning that my mum now remembered.She started pleading with me that she forgot.Seriously,Is that possible or has it happened to anyone before?

I feel like slapping you. What do you want us to do? Castigate your parents for forgetting your birthday? Stop being a spoilt little brat and get over it! I don't even deliberately go out and celebrate my birthday because I really don't see the big deal. Why would I whine about anybody else forgetting it?
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Tgirl4real(f): 9:03am On Mar 28, 2012
metaldude: Guy,it was the moderator who made a mistake.I am a male.

U are a guy? What da heck
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by pek(m): 9:03am On Mar 28, 2012
Obviously you are a spoilt child! That they didnt call you does not mean they love you less. Get a life, you have more important things to think and worry about.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by miteolu(m): 9:05am On Mar 28, 2012
sorry! d tin pained you. You never care about them so you get fantastic reward.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by stepo707: 9:08am On Mar 28, 2012
Big Deal! Sue them
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 28, 2012
metaldude: @cc,could u believe that am the first born of the family and I celebrated my 22nd birthday.They reside in Lagos and I school in the university of Port harcourt.

Wadup?? Good to know we're. Close.....
Well, mine is normal... Nd worse, cus even my siblings dnt remember, somehow, my birthdays are always sober days.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by dmainboss: 9:33am On Mar 28, 2012
metaldude: Why are there so many sadists on nairaland?Do I look like one of your kids that u pay an astronomical fees for them to pass?Pls,don't pour out your frustrations on me.Go to third mainland bridge and do a jimmy jatt jump off!

I no talk am? You cant even speak correct English. How can you when you are still sucking breats at 22! Real duns!

And you are in the university? Oh My Gosh!
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by BlueMurder(m): 9:45am On Mar 28, 2012
rman:

YOU ARE A SADIST!

What is sadist about preparing for the inevitable? Or do you think you don't have an expiry date?
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Natasha2(f): 10:37am On Mar 28, 2012
na wa oh grin but why should they forget your birthday na? grin But serioulsly I can't believe you opened a thread for this, afterall your mum called. My dad won't even tell your happy birthday until its time to cut the cake, if there's any grin So what would you do If you had my dad who wants to fill a form and he calls you, ehen which year were you born? shey its 199.. grin Guy since your 22 you shouldn't cry over things like this na, you dey dull oh cheesy
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by ade101(m): 11:07am On Mar 28, 2012
Well,i am 22+ & neva celebrated one in my life.Infact i dnt remember cuz we were nt used to it in my family.So it amazes me whn people attach much importance to bday.i am d last rose of d family,so i grew up seeing nobody payn attentn to it.whn i was a little above & below 18yr old,i was always jealous of friend who recieve special affectns on D-day,but as i grow older,i come to see as kids stuff ,so me thinks,i have finally come to accept my family traditn.as strange as that may appear to some folks here,i wuld argue & disagree till i am 10ft below d ground level if u claim dt ur parent & siblns are more lovin 2 u than mine.Paraphrasically,i have d best family in d whole universe.Not even bill gate with a promise of multi-milion $ batch party can change my mind.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by StellaBella(f): 11:29am On Mar 28, 2012
metaldude: I can't believe this!Is it possible for parents to forget his or her child's birthday?I celebrated my birthday three days ago;my dad and mum couldn't even call me on my birthday.It was on the 2nd day,early in the morning that my mum now remembered.She started pleading with me that she forgot.Seriously,Is that possible or has it happened to anyone before?
it is time to get yourself a girlfriend and pass on the burden to her. Pls leave your parents alone.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by metaldude(m): 11:31am On Mar 28, 2012
dmainboss:

I no talk am? You cant even speak correct English. How can you when you are still sucking breats at 22! Real duns!

And you are in the university? Oh My Gosh!
Gosh!See this shameless man!So,when did breast turn to "breats" and dunce turn to "duns"?You are a kettle calling pot black!

1 Like

Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by metaldude(m): 11:48am On Mar 28, 2012
maclatunji:

I feel like slapping you. What do you want us to do? Castigate your parents for forgetting your birthday? Stop being a spoilt little brat and get over it! I don't even deliberately go out and celebrate my birthday because I really don't see the big deal. Why would I whine about anybody else forgetting it?
Chai!see E-slapping!When did you become Oyedepo?

1 Like

Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Aparche(f): 11:53am On Mar 28, 2012
angrySeriously! I don't understand why u guys are bashing d op, it's obvious that his parents usually remember his
b/days but for some reason they forgot this one. Why then are some people comparing their parents with his; must
every family be the same?
@op: It would have served u better if u had taken ur complaint directly to ur folks, than coming here on nl.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by soapdish(f): 12:30pm On Mar 28, 2012
=)) =)) Ochiº°˚ ˚°º≈atoº°˚ ˚°º≈gbueº°˚ ˚°º≈laº°˚ ˚°º≈muoº°˚ ˚°º≈=)) =))
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Limaoscar: 12:39pm On Mar 28, 2012
One of the best threads I have seen in NL in recent times. It touches on our core values. See how peeps are showing/expressing Respect and Honor for our parents and strongly defending the OP's parents.

OP, I bet they forgot or where just overwhelmed by other day-2-day issues.

I 'm having a big broad smile on my face like yeah!!..... as i type this.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by omega25red(m): 2:44pm On Mar 28, 2012
This has been the funniest NL topic in a while. see as them finish this mommy's boy chai i feel bad for the poster
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 28, 2012
My parents has never remembered my birthday. Infact, they even ask me the date i was born. So grow up kid, no hassles ok?
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by tommyjoe(m): 2:58pm On Mar 28, 2012
This is ​​№ big deal dearie...Ǎ̜̣̍м̣̣̥̇̊ an only child frm a single mum nd yt, she 4gts ma bday....av learnt 2 gt usd 2 it tho
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by metaldude(m): 5:23pm On Mar 28, 2012
Aparche: angrySeriously! I don't understand why u guys are bashing d op, it's obvious that his parents usually remember his
b/days but for some reason they forgot this one. Why then are some people comparing their parents with his; must
every family be the same?
@op: It would have served u better if u had taken ur complaint directly to ur folks, than coming here on nl.
I wouldn't know for them o.There are too many sadists here on nairaland.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by shilling(f): 12:35pm On Mar 29, 2012

This is funny, and cuuute at the same time lol. Happy belated birthday!! Like you said, they forgot cos they had other issues on their mind.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by omonikiba(f): 2:54pm On Mar 29, 2012
i dey laugh ooooo, my parent have never wish me happy birthday not even when i was very small,i remember when i turn 27yrs, i was feeling so old and i text them to remind them, i hear the insult of my life that day. my colleagues and face book fans made my day nway. me ke, i respect myself and i dont ask for it, its of recent my siblings now wish each other happy birthday. one time my mum said its a sin to wish someone happy birthday and will quote job in the bilbe self, and me i like to do what others dont do, so i inquisitively find out her birthday (she no tell us so that we wont wish her, and one day i remember its her month and kept reminder, on the day i called her and wish her happy birthday, can you imagine last year, i dint even remember, i mum called and said i forgot her day,she called other children to abuse them. ahahahaha, i apologised, but trust me i called other to tell them and well all laughed and said 'so its no more a sin to wish someone happy birthday' so my dear, forget all that, infact be happy she is saying sorry.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by denzel2009: 3:09pm On Mar 29, 2012

You see metaldude, maybe you were adopted or bestowed upon them by the god of metal.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by freecocoa(f): 3:13pm On Mar 29, 2012
^^Weereeyyyy grin grin grin
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by rully2: 4:14pm On Mar 29, 2012
I'm sure you must still be young and immature. Regardless, pele o! Your parents forgot your birthday..so? I'm sure they must have acknowledged previous ones..It happens like that sometimes. So let's here word
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by metaldude(m): 6:55pm On Mar 29, 2012
denzel2009:

You see metaldude, maybe you were adopted or bestowed upon them by the god of metal.
Chai!Which one be god of metal now?
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by tpia5: 7:27pm On Jun 25, 2012
o my goodness.

people can whine!

imagine another one cooking up a story with these elements:

oldest child is ten years old

hubby hasnt made love in five years

**realised the error and quickly changed story to :

youngest child is ten years old

hubby has always had ED

**Story still doesnt make sense, so added jara:

has loving and supportive family

"trying" to decide if she should have affair or something

blah blah blah- dont know what the heck this poster is saying.

can anyone make head or tail of these whine fests?

please spell it out for the rest of us!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Men-A Better Whip To Beat Your Wife-( Women how do you whip your partner?) / A Nairalander Celebrates His Great Grandmother At 130 Years / Men, Do You Find Your Pregnant Wives Unatractive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.