Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,591 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Landlord Gave Quit Notice After He Collected 1 Yr Advance Rent - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Landlord Gave Quit Notice After He Collected 1 Yr Advance Rent (803 Views)

Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons / Giving A Quit Notice To A Tenant. / When Is It Right For A Landlord To Give Quit Notice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Landlord Gave Quit Notice After He Collected 1 Yr Advance Rent by chimauga(m): 7:21pm On Mar 27, 2012
please kindly advice my friend on what to do, he paid his 1 full yr house rent for 3 bedroom flat, but his land lord gave him qiut notice after 2 weeks he has collected his money and corrently they are in court, but before they went to court proper , his lawyer asked him to pay him 30,000 naira so he can stop charging him to court but he refused.. So what is your advice , i need lawyers advice.. Or anybody can also give usefull advice ,
Re: Landlord Gave Quit Notice After He Collected 1 Yr Advance Rent by oostin: 12:08am On Feb 11, 2016
I made FTC? Glory my Lord!!; Praise Him! Praise Him cry
Re: Landlord Gave Quit Notice After He Collected 1 Yr Advance Rent by enygmababe: 7:14am On Feb 11, 2016
chimauga:
please kindly advice my friend on what to do, he paid his 1 full yr house rent for 3 bedroom flat, but his land lord gave him qiut notice after 2 weeks he has collected his money and corrently they are in court, but before they went to court proper , his lawyer asked him to pay him 30,000 naira so he can stop charging him to court but he refused.. So what is your advice , i need lawyers advice.. Or anybody can also give usefull advice ,

He has paid one year rent, and two weeks later he was given a quit notice by his landlord?

Since it is a residential premise, the court is most likely to be an Area Customary court.

My advice would be that he should go to court. To avoid wasting money, he need not brief a lawyer. The court is a grassroot court and if the facts are as simple and straight forward as you just said the court will realise that the landlord is high on dry weed.

However, if there are other issues, then I can only advice further if I know what they are.

Have a lovely day

(1) (Reply)

TO LET: 2 Bedroom Flat At Ikeja, Anifowose...350K / 4 Bedroom Duplex + BQ At Jide Oki Street, Victoria Island / Standard Plot Of Land With C Of O @ Ojodu Abiodun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.