Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension to Robbery Due To Cashless Society - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension to Robbery Due To Cashless Society (797 Views)

I Sponsored My Brother’s Education With Robbery Proceeds –suspect (pic) / Four Robbery Suspects Subjected To Jungle Justice, Die In Police Custody / Agbara Robbery: Police Nab Leader Of Gang In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension to Robbery Due To Cashless Society by domack99(m): 10:23am On Mar 28, 2012
Three days ago I was able to get in touch with a friend of mine who has been missing for almost four weeks. Though his voice was still shivering as he narrate the incident to me on phone yesterday.

He was on his way from Abuja to Lagos on a night bus (Ekele Dili Chuku) when at Ibilo their bus was attack by rubbers/ritualist. According to him there is no way anyone in the bus could escape as the driver bump into them suddenly.

According to him, they came into the bus through the two entrance/exit available, line them up outside and start separating them base on the cash they have at hand. Those with three hundred thousand one side and others with very little cash to the other side.

Latter they start asking them how much is in their account, what kind of business do they do and how much comes into their account daily. My friend who is a final year Law student only has six thousand naira as cash and eighty thousand naira in his GTbank account.
He said due to fear several passengers voice out the truth, the amount they have in the bank, the amount they are expecting in their account the next day or days after. In particular a man said he has something like N4.2 million naira in his account. They collected their ATM cards, pin and phones.
Those that claim they have money in their account and those that they suspected that are lying (my friend inclusive) were packed inside an Hiace bus and drove like three hours to the middle of nowhere.

On arriving at their destination they met several other victims, the houses are made of mud with several guards armed with heavy weapon. My friend spent ten days with them, each day they withdraw maximum amount allowable through their ATM and switch on their phones at certain time of the day to see if there is credit Alert from their banks.
On the tenth day they notice that no money is coming into his account and four others so they decided to do away with them.
He woke up to find himself and four others in an hospital two hours away from Calabar and two of whom are died. According to the doctor, that would be the tenth day since a Good Samaritan who found them along the road and brought five of them to the hospital but unfortunately two of them couldn’t make it. He saw the Good Samaritan who also said that the hospital refused to accept them for treatment until he deposited fifty thousand naira each for the five victims.

Anyway they are to be in Lagos latter today, the doctor refer them to an hospital here in Lagos for full treatment and to completely flush out the chemical they inhale that make them unconscious or expected to kill them eventually.
I believe others are still there most especially the man with N4.2 million in his account, you know how long it will take to withdral the all amount with ATM card.

My advice to everyone is to try and avoid night travelling or anything risky in order to survive, sometimes life makes it look as if you don’t have a choice and sometimes seems as if it’s a life time opportunity that is coming so you just have to travel at night or do some risky things but when incident like this happen we look back, bite our finger and then knew that we had a choice.
Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension to Robbery Due To Cashless Society by indie22(f): 11:19am On Mar 28, 2012
wow!! the heart of man is desperately wicked truly..............
Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension to Robbery Due To Cashless Society by domack99(m): 4:53pm On Mar 28, 2012
desperately wicked my sister, people can do anything just to make this money
Re: Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension to Robbery Due To Cashless Society by Johndoe100(m): 12:42pm On Mar 29, 2012
Unfortunately such tales are better told to born again christains (who have been trained to believe anything). For those of us who have actually participated in the search for missing people who have phones, such tales are fancyful. Once that phone was switched on and got ANY signal it leaves a ffotprint with the tower where the signsl came from. Once the police where contacted (I am sure they were not, afterall the normal practice for major transporters is to loose a bus load of passengers and just forget the whole thing) they would have gotten the ping data and have the location in 36 hours or less.
Anyway don't let me spoil the jist, naija is in da middle ages right?

(1) (Reply)

My husband wants to use me for ritual, woman tells court / Two Nabbed For Kidnapping POLY Girl. / Beware Of Used Blackberry-Youth Corper Detained For Robbery!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.