Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,074 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Nigerians On Nairaland - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerians On Nairaland (1373 Views)

Nigerians On Fuel Queue Saved A Woman Who Went Into Labour At Bus Stop / Meet, Date And Chat With Nigerians On This New Platform(me2u) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians On Nairaland by Ammyng(f): 6:35pm On Mar 28, 2012
I registered into this forum February 03, 2012 and have noticed few things here. Mmember's here are true substantiation of black racist, they love own "within" they slate you even when they don't know anything about you other than knowing your handle on nairaland. Why is it so? Not that I care but I just wanna know.

Re: Nigerians On Nairaland by InkedNerd(f): 6:40pm On Mar 28, 2012
Because we're human beings who possess characteristics no different from that of any other nationality and ethnicity all over the world. It's just human natural in a way. For some it's more present within their lives than others. I'm not gonna lie it is sad and can be somewhat hurtful that people can pass judgement without the slightest regard as to who you are or any prior information but that's a part of the human experience in life. If you go to forums of other nationalities, you'd find much of the same behaviors as well and in some cases, subcultures within the initial culture.
Re: Nigerians On Nairaland by bittyend(m): 6:49pm On Mar 28, 2012
Ammyng: I registered into this forum February 03, 2012 and have noticed few things here. Mmember's here are true substantiation of black racist, they love own "within" they slate you even when they don't know anything about you other than knowing your handle on nairaland. Why is it so? Not that I care but I just wanna know.

It's the "group-think" mentality - most of them think because you're Nigerian, or on NL you've to think like them. Whatever happens on NL stays on NL with me, I don't owe allegiance to anyone except my beloved Nigeria. Nigerians on NL can bleep themselves for all I care - I care more those Nigerians who don't have access to NL, and those selling gala and pure water on the streets of Lagos, Enugu, Warri, Kano, Kebbi, Ibadan, Nasarawa etc. Those are the REAL NIGERIANS - the ones on here are arrogant clowns. cool
Re: Nigerians On Nairaland by Ammyng(f): 6:57pm On Mar 28, 2012
Inked_Nerd: Because we're human beings who possess characteristics no different from that of any other nationality and ethnicity all over the world. It's just human natural in a way. For some it's more present within their lives than others. I'm not gonna lie it is sad and can be somewhat hurtful that people can pass judgement without the slightest regard as to who you are or any prior information but that's a part of the human experience in life. If you go to forums of other nationalities, you'd find much of the same behaviors as well and in some cases, subcultures within the initial culture.

Being racist is completely pointless and unnatural. We all cry the same tears!We all smile. racism means discrimination based on colour , nationality , race or sex ,which is unfair because for example black people don't choose to be black they were born black , Indians don't choose to be Indians , so discriminating between people based on something they had nothing to do with. Now clearing the point, Why do black people hate on fellow blacks? I know few Nigerians who always whines about African Americans discriminating against them but here is something else entirely. SMH
Re: Nigerians On Nairaland by Ammyng(f): 6:59pm On Mar 28, 2012
bittyend:

It's the "group-think" mentality - most of them think because you're Nigerian, or on NL you've to think like them. Whatever happens on NL stays on NL with me, I don't owe allegiance to anyone except my beloved Nigeria. Nigerians on NL can bleep themselves for all I care - I care more those Nigerians who don't have access to NL, and those selling gala and pure water on the streets of Lagos, Enugu, Warri, Kano, Kebbi, Ibadan, Nasarawa etc. Those are the REAL NIGERIANS - the ones on here are arrogant clowns. cool

You have a point there

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Nairaland by InkedNerd(f): 7:14pm On Mar 28, 2012
Ammyng:

Being racist is completely pointless and unnatural. We all cry the same tears!We all smile. racism means discrimination based on colour , nationality , race or sex ,which is unfair because for example black people don't choose to be black they were born black , Indians don't choose to be Indians , so discriminating between people based on something they had nothing to do with. Now clearing the point, Why do black people hate on fellow blacks? I know few Nigerians who always whines about African Americans discriminating against them but here is something else entirely. SMH

I never said that racism was natural. What I said was that these behaviors are found among other people as well. I made no mention of making excuses for discrimination of any sort. Just as black people show hatred towards one another, white people do it as well, as do Asians, Hispanics, etc. No where in my statement did I say that it was ok. Hatred, though some within society is a very prominent aspect of the society we live in and how we treat one another. Just because the hatred one black person/Nigerian may show their countryperson doesn't mean it is any different from hatred of another culture. Hatred, discrimination, racism, are just aspects of the world we live in. Is it ok? Certainly not but I certainly didn't excuse it in my response. While it may appear to be one sided, it's not always as it seems. What have you seen here that you won't find on any other forum that caters to a particular nationality? What have you observed here that you cannot find in many neighborhood all over the world? Even a site such as Facebook with its utilitarian appearance posses such things.
Re: Nigerians On Nairaland by Ammyng(f): 7:34pm On Mar 28, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

I never said that racism was natural. What I said was that these behaviors are found among other people as well. I made no mention of making excuses for discrimination of any sort. Just as black people show hatred towards one another, white people do it as well, as do Asians, Hispanics, etc. No where in my statement did I say that it was ok. Hatred, though some within society is a very prominent aspect of the society we live in and how we treat one another. Just because the hatred one black person/Nigerian may show their countryperson doesn't mean it is any different from hatred of another culture. Hatred, discrimination, racism, are just aspects of the world we live in. Is it ok? Certainly not but I certainly didn't excuse it in my response. While it may appear to be one sided, it's not always as it seems. What have you seen here that you won't find on any other forum that caters to a particular nationality? What have you observed here that you cannot find in many neighborhood all over the world? Even a site such as Facebook with its utilitarian appearance posses such things.

More clearer here smiley

Then eventauly , if you still don't like people of differnent race, tribe and color or people of your own color, keeping it to yourself will work just fine.
Re: Nigerians On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 28, 2012
angry angry angry angry angry

Re: Nigerians On Nairaland by Killz3(m): 9:09pm On Mar 28, 2012
Soooo Romantic. . .
Re: Nigerians On Nairaland by Excelboi(m): 11:04pm On Mar 28, 2012
^^^ Ironically
Re: Nigerians On Nairaland by 190: 11:26pm On Mar 28, 2012
Its true

Im a racist

I cant stand NIGERIANS undecided

maybe cos im no longer one, since mzdark converted me wink
Re: Nigerians On Nairaland by dabrake(m): 11:57pm On Mar 28, 2012
Bros, you are on point. My mindset w.r.t. this forum is what I quoted from your post
bittyend:
Whatever happens on NL stays on NL
Re: Nigerians On Nairaland by ArQueBusieR(m): 12:07am On Mar 29, 2012
Discrimination: That's just one thing I do not like.
Re: Nigerians On Nairaland by khukhi(f): 12:48am On Mar 29, 2012
190: Its true

Im a racist

I cant stand NIGERIANS undecided

maybe cos im no longer one, since mzdark converted me wink
grin grin grin grin you never cease to amaze me with your comments.
Re: Nigerians On Nairaland by khukhi(f): 12:52am On Mar 29, 2012
I totally understand you. At times I get the impression that some really frustrated people use this forum to deal with they're personal frustrations you know... Like they have self confidence issues and perhaps being a biatch to everyone else makes them feel better... Some People are empty inside and things like this keep them going. So I guess we should understand that people are different..and @ the end of the day everyone is entitled to their own opinion...no matter how wicked it may be.
Re: Nigerians On Nairaland by dabrake(m): 2:36am On Mar 29, 2012
khukhi: grin grin grin grin you never cease to amaze me with your comments.
190, lefulefu, mr..c0rk, tellwisdom, MrBrownJAY and chimezie198 are the main reason I love NL romance section.
Re: Nigerians On Nairaland by dabrake(m): 2:38am On Mar 29, 2012
khukhi: I totally understand you. At times I get the impression that some really frustrated people use this forum to deal with they're personal frustrations you know... Like they have self confidence issues and perhaps being a biatch to everyone else makes them feel better... Some People are empty inside and things like this keep them going. So I guess we should understand that people are different..and @ the end of the day everyone is entitled to their own opinion...no matter how wicked it may be.
#onPoint
Re: Nigerians On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 29, 2012
Am I the only one who doesn't get a tidbit sense from this post! angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Nairaland by freecocoa(f): 12:24pm On Mar 29, 2012
sauer: Am I the only one who doesn't get a tidbit sense from this post! angry
You are not o cos i seriously don't get it too.undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Nairaland by 190: 12:43pm On Mar 29, 2012
[size=15pt]I have a question!!

Why are NIGERIAN BLACK undecided
[/size]
Re: Nigerians On Nairaland by LongOne1(m): 12:57pm On Mar 29, 2012
Ammyng: I registered into this forum February 03, 2012 and have noticed few things here. Mmember's here are true substantiation of black racist, they love own "within" they slate you even when they don't know anything about you other than knowing your handle on nairaland. Why is it so? Not that I care but I just wanna know.

I guess it has to do with weather, personal frustrations as khukhi mentioned, and groupthink as Bittyend mentioned.

Weather, because the assumption that people from cold countries are cold, and people from hot countries hot blooded holds true to date. Don’t believe me, travel to Nigeria, you’ll see how easy it is to get even a policeman riled up; woe betide you if he has a loaded weapon.

Personal frustrations, from my last visit, I realised the things I took for granted in the west like withdrawing money, I had to beg for in Nigeria, traffic is a whole other issue. Nigerians occasionally need to vent these, so there you go.

Group-think, well, the way they form cliques here isn’t much different from what happens in the country; though the cliques are usually formed along ethnic lines. Hence, they become cohesive (stick together), even when they are wrong and sacrifice the greater good (new ideas/mindset, change) over their delusions of grandeur (we are too much, we are better looking people, our culture has it all). This leads to ‘this handle is not one of us so let’s finish him’.

Oh, I forgot to mention ‘intimidation’, which is a norm in Nigeria. They look for a point of entry, once they gain this; they proceed to finish you off completely.

So, OP, now that you know, what will you do with the knowledge, lol.
Re: Nigerians On Nairaland by Heathen(m): 2:02pm On Mar 29, 2012
i'm not racist....................i hate everybody equally!
Re: Nigerians On Nairaland by Ammyng(f): 4:49pm On Mar 29, 2012
freecocoa: You are not o cos i seriously don't get it too.undecided

Makes me ask why you commented on it.
Re: Nigerians On Nairaland by freecocoa(f): 8:47pm On Apr 02, 2012
Ammyng:

Makes me ask why you commented on it.
Like seriously?I only commented cos i thought i was the only one who didn't get but alas!
Re: Nigerians On Nairaland by Kslib(m): 9:57pm On Apr 02, 2012

Why dont you visit forums of other nationalities and see for your Self........
As for me,i think there is still something you are not telling us.
Re: Nigerians On Nairaland by Ammyng(f): 9:47pm On Apr 04, 2012
Kslib: Why dont you visit forums of other nationalities and see for your Self........
As for me,i think there is still something you are not telling us.

Which is?
Re: Nigerians On Nairaland by Ammyng(f): 9:47pm On Apr 04, 2012
freecocoa: Like seriously?I only commented cos i thought i was the only one who didn't get but alas!

Whatever makes you happy
Re: Nigerians On Nairaland by Rocktation(f): 10:59am On Apr 05, 2012
Heathen: i'm not racist....................i hate everybody equally!

HeHeHe.
Re: Nigerians On Nairaland by justwise(m): 12:14pm On Apr 05, 2012

There are more decent and open-minded Nigerians here than the narrow minded ones. Don't be quick to draw conclusions.
Re: Nigerians On Nairaland by Okontami: 4:40pm On Apr 05, 2012
Ammyng, we can not always agree as humans, just read the posts, comment, learn if there is something to lean from, laugh to make ur day and log off when u are fed up. This forum is still here just because of the things u are complaining about. It is a very very true and explicit illustration of how humans are when they know no one is watching. Just as you will do some things when you know u wont be caught. Here people intentionally drop their courtesy and politeness, they drop their lines and move on.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry Fever -should I Tell Her Nd Dump Her. / Don't Blame The Man Who Slept With Your Woman, Because She Allowed Him / Here Are The Things To Prove Yourselves As BIG GIRL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.