Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,921 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

NECO Records Another Mass Failure - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NECO Records Another Mass Failure (15168 Views)

Waec 2012/2013 : Yet Another Mass Failure Recorded- Here Is The ... / .... / Another Mass Failure Recorded As Neco Releases Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by honeric01(m): 12:56pm On Mar 29, 2012
And when all these end up graduating, they remain unemployed and jobless once no one's ready to employ them and MOST of them don't even have ANY skills to survive on either.

Nigerian youth - Wasted generation either by their own hands, their parents or by the government.
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by ignis: 1:10pm On Mar 29, 2012
NEC0GCEXAM: NECO GCE 2011/12 Nov/Dec Result Is Officially Out - 70% Mass Failure Recorded.

For Any Problems, Withed ,Seized , Up-Gra.ding -

Reach Me On - ( O 8 O 6 - 0 8 -7 4 - 2 2 5 )- For Help Now.

Dr, Celestin, Minna Niger State office on- ( O 8 O 6 - 0 8 -7 4 - 2 2 5 )- Reach me for Any Result Problems For Rectification Now.
hmmmmmmmn. People please wisen up.
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 29, 2012
Tolulop001:

I could not have said it better! When SSCE was approaching in that same 2001, I was a recluse. No friends, no parties. I am still proud of how well I did any day any time! 8As and a C (in Yoruba, lol). NECO was said to be harder but the grand prize was SSCE.

There was no GSM talk less of Facebook. It must take a determined kid to succeed in this era of connectivity.

Haba! The bolded says someone did it for you.
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by amarula(f): 1:22pm On Mar 29, 2012
NEC0GCEXAM: NECO GCE 2011/12 Nov/Dec Result Is Officially Out - 70% Mass Failure Recorded.

For Any Problems, Withed ,Seized , Up-Gra.ding -

Reach Me On - ( O 8 O 6 - 0 8 -7 4 - 2 2 5 )- For Help Now.

Dr, Celestin, Minna Niger State office on- ( O 8 O 6 - 0 8 -7 4 - 2 2 5 )- Reach me for Any Result Problems For Rectification Now.

May d good Lord have mercy on you and your cursed generation

1 Like

Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by achi4u(m): 1:30pm On Mar 29, 2012
NECO is not the problem!blame it on internet connectivity,europian football(which i hate with passion),govtment neglengence and some social viceses
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by purplekayc(m): 1:32pm On Mar 29, 2012
Wait till jamb comes out!
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 29, 2012
Basics007: Social media keeps claiming it's victims
+ REALITY TV + PREMIERSHIP BACA (foolishnes)
No substitute for rigor.
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by yemmojoh: 1:45pm On Mar 29, 2012
Businesstools: And how are we sure 50% or more of the 10% that passed is not based on runs?

most definitely...
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by Odaveboy(m): 1:52pm On Mar 29, 2012
[quote author=Businesstools]And how are we sure 50% or more of the 10% that passed is not based on runs?.............exactly.......may God help us...
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by Odaveboy(m): 1:54pm On Mar 29, 2012
purplekayc: Wait till jamb comes out!

purplekayc:

Wait till jamb comes out!
purplekayc: Wait till jamb comes out!
[quote author=Businesstools]And how are we sure 50% or more of the 10% that passed is not based on runs?...............intresting...........
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by TheGeneral1(m): 1:57pm On Mar 29, 2012
Hahahaha... And u call this a country. 10%, what!!
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 29, 2012

good point. Would you mind to relate some suggested ways to managing this social 'distractions'?...cos technology has truly come to stay.

I feel sad because so many young people are falling into this pit of socia distractions which is eating up on their academics, now, some of them spend more years at home trying to pass all of their compulsory courses...eventually they get discourage, settling for less and any course at the university with no tenacity to pursue their dreams.
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by tafiya: 2:08pm On Mar 29, 2012
You guys have forgotten about the quality of the teaching staff in most of our schools,they know next to nothing!The only thing they are excellent at is befriending there female students!!What a tragedy!!!
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by cogsej06(m): 2:20pm On Mar 29, 2012
brainpulse: What do you expect, with students displaying their academic ability with how many PS III games they have played, latest apps on I-phone, BB, androids etc spends lot of time on FB, Twists, BB and browsing away their time. During our time the only thing we know is Jamb past questions,WAEC past questions, 'A' level past questions. They also believe that they will always be admitted no matter what because of the in flock of the Private institutions.

The nail on d head......that's just d fact!!! With dis trend I fear 4 naija.
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by presfedrep: 2:24pm On Mar 29, 2012
sexy glow: Exactly!they no longer read!!Its Nollywood films,niger music,chating on 2go Facebook boyfriend and girl friend and all manner!No moral discipline. e
sexy glow, no be wetin u dey do?
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by sirp2007: 2:27pm On Mar 29, 2012
grin
Nollywood also
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by cogsej06(m): 2:27pm On Mar 29, 2012
Bandit C.:
Damn!!! 10 percent pass rate. Times have really changed indeed.
I remember 2001 when I wrote WAEC, everyone blanked himself out to the outside world. Countless nights of going through topics from as far back as js 2 up to the present senior secondary class. The believe that exams like WAEC are to be written just once and that's it. The personal believe that it is rather to come fully prepared than believe in cheating materials that may not be authentic.

The outcome, one of the greatest (if not the greatest) result my school ever recorded: eight As and one B. A result that baffled even my oyinbo professor the first time he saw it and I still proved to him once more that it is one result I can defend any day.

With the same zeal and urge, without relenting, I delved into NECO, which wasn't as good but still miles better than many: six As and three Cs.

Teachers, parents and government are equally culpable for the predicament our youth have found themselves in today. Nobody gives a d.amn anymore. Kids are having girlfriends now from a teenage age as young as 14, sending grown men love requests over Facebook, know all the instant messenger on the appstore or blackberry.

Together, Nigerians are destroying their children's future because many believe money can buy success. Well, very soon, the money would even fail them.

Should I talk about the Nigerian graduates? Those ones are even worse and nothing to write home about. One that just came up here around where I live claims he studied Estate Management but he doesn't know what a mortgage is and how market interest rates are derived.

You r ryt bro....but NOT every Nigerian graduate is dullard. I am an Engineer by profession n I definately know my stuff.
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by Mikocake(m): 2:44pm On Mar 29, 2012

1 Like

Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by adebrain(m): 2:45pm On Mar 29, 2012
it is quite sardonic........the truth of the matter is that we need to get back to the drawing board......CHARITY THEY SAY BEGINS AT HOME......parents should try to make out time for their wards, they should try as much as possible to be abreast with the daily activities of their wards......religious institutions can come in and then the government. Hopefully thing would work out better......MAY GOD SAVE THIS GENERATION....
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by sirp2007: 2:52pm On Mar 29, 2012
tafiya: You guys have forgotten about the quality of the teaching staff in most of our schools,they know next to nothing!The only thing they are excellent at is befriending there female students!!What a tragedy!!!

if d student are good they will kick out d bad teachers.in my days there are some teachers we sent packing 4rm sss classes.B4 u come to teach us we are already prepared,at d time we ask questions and d teacher is unable 2 explain,tht`s d end.We will go straight to d principal.
Moreover if d sch teachers are bad,what abt extra moral classes or it doesnt exist anymore.

D truth remains tht student tis days are lazy.social media,24hrs tv access,foriegn football match,computer games,shows etc are what they are interested in @ d expense of their books.

Have u nt seen some reply on NL tht say ''d post is too long''that speaks volume.
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by gegee(m): 3:07pm On Mar 29, 2012
when i was a child, we had no t.v not to talk of cable, na who go dash u fone? u get money to go game house go play game ? black berry was not invented. time for waec na total consentration.no distraction
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by SoftVersion(m): 3:15pm On Mar 29, 2012
We are not alone in this, it‘s happening everywhere. The solution I can come up with is that we need to intergrate technology into learning. Like forming a study group online, in fact, Internet is the best place you can get the most reliable and easy to understand information about a particular topic. Nobody wanna read those boring voluminous textbooks again, we want most things virtual. Even those that read, read to pass not to know. We can keep complaining and things will continue to get worse, until we find a workable or reasonable solution. Tutors need to discover different techniques to make students want to read or engage in studies. Your children, ground children, nephew someday maybe a victim. So act fast.

1 Like

Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by brainchild78(m): 3:21pm On Mar 29, 2012
this is simply a clear indication dat d nigerian educational system has failed on her part. in light of recent developments, it is now high time we make adjustments in our educational scheme instead of just producin robotic graduates wit only paper qualifications & 0 life/practical skills8-o
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by simplebussy: 3:30pm On Mar 29, 2012
blackberry
yahoomessenger
playstation 1,2,3,4,......
dstv
extracool
brazillian hair
swagger skirt
jumpsuit
soundcity
HOW WILL THEY PASS? PLS TELL ME.
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by 3kay945(m): 3:51pm On Mar 29, 2012
i still blame the parents most.. i was once a teacher and i know what it takes to prepare a students for exams. Also social influences are greater nowadays. its not easy to read boring books when enough funs are all around you, pulling you to come for enjoyment. who dont like enjoymnet Seriously, the situation is worrisome.
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by SoftVersion(m): 3:52pm On Mar 29, 2012
simplebussy: blackberry
yahoomessenger
playstation 1,2,3,4,......
dstv
extracool
brazillian hair
swagger skirt
jumpsuit
soundcity
HOW WILL THEY PASS? PLS TELL ME.

This won‘t stop... So does it mean we will continue to fail? There is channel on DSTV, Channel 319(Learn) is for good. Technology is not really to be blame for examination failures, it is our attidue towards technology that is to be blame. I learned 1000 vocabs before taking SAT, with a software on my phone. We need solutions, not complains.
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by SisiKill1: 3:58pm On Mar 29, 2012
adebrain: it is quite sardonic........the truth of the matter is that we need to get back to the drawing board......CHARITY THEY SAY BEGINS AT HOME......parents should try to make out time for their wards, they should try as much as possible to be abreast with the daily activities of their wards......religious institutions can come in and then the government. Hopefully thing would work out better......MAY GOD SAVE THIS GENERATION....

I think the word you should be using is IRONIC.

The Irony, huh? cheesy cheesy
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 29, 2012
believe me NECO is now harder than WAEC and even has more credibility. There is always Mass cheating in WAEC, a means by which most of the very unserious high school kids pass their exams. NECO's system is pretty strict and makes it more difficult for exam papermongers to run them "business", thus all them lazy kids fail. I love NECO for this. If you no wan jack, u no go pass! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Cause Of The Flood In Nigeria This Year? / World Teachers' Day - Share Your Experiences With Your Favourite/worst Teacher / Ten Things Every Nigerian Jambite Must Know Before Entering The University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.