Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,450 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

NECO Records Another Mass Failure - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NECO Records Another Mass Failure (15169 Views)

Waec 2012/2013 : Yet Another Mass Failure Recorded- Here Is The ... / .... / Another Mass Failure Recorded As Neco Releases Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by simplebussy: 4:14pm On Mar 29, 2012
SoftVersion:

This won‘t stop... So does it mean we will continue to fail? There is channel on DSTV, Channel 319(Learn) is for good. Technology is not really to be blame for examination failures, it is our attidue towards technology that is to be blame. I learned 1000 vocabs before taking SAT, with a software on my phone. We need solutions, not complains.
it is simple. They just need to stay away from things like this before exams and resume after exams.
you can imagine a female candidate in the salon a day to her exams. what nonsense.
during my tym,TV was banned for me and i never saw outside my room when i come in from lesson.
nowadays the parent believes that once they have fulfilled their financial obligation thats is. these kids need that extra push cos an average teenager is stubborn except for a selected few.
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by Sike(m): 4:19pm On Mar 29, 2012
Na wao!
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by DonCarlos1(m): 5:13pm On Mar 29, 2012
It is easy for most of us to pontificate on how good we had it in our days and how the kids are missing it. Why have we denied these kids the trainings and discpline that made us the men and women we are today? Who produces and sponsors the numerous reality programmes on tv, including the dance/miming competitions inplace of the debates, quiz and other academic competitions we knew. Have we ever raised these issues at the PTA meetings? Why do parents who became who they are by dint of hardwork and sacrifice always prefer the easy way out for their kids.
We can blame technology and attitude for their failures but did technology also destroy the books we read in our days? How many of us ever gave books as presents to these kids other than PS and BB.
I think the greatest culprit here is the adult society who have failed to give direction to its' youth and then turn round to blame technology for filling the gap for them.

2 Likes

Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by cgift(m): 5:32pm On Mar 29, 2012
Don Carlos: It is easy for most of us to pontificate on how good we had it in our days and how the kids are missing it. Why have we denied these kids the trainings and discpline that made us the men and women we are today? Who produces and sponsors the numerous reality programmes on tv, including the dance/miming competitions inplace of the debates, quiz and other academic competitions we knew. Have we ever raised these issues at the PTA meetings? Why do parents who became who they are by dint of hardwork and sacrifice always prefer the easy way out for their kids.
We can blame technology and attitude for their failures but did technology also destroy the books we read in our days? How many of us ever gave books as presents to these kids other than PS and BB.
I think the greatest culprit here is the adult society who have failed to give direction to its' youth and then turn round to blame technology for filling the gap for them.

this ya post put sand for my mouth embarassed
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by Samalex2008(m): 7:56pm On Mar 29, 2012
Adetayo100: The federal govt should scrap NECO
Is scraping NECO the solution to this problem? Ok, if you scrap NECO, will you scrap the students that are going to the examination hall without any preparation than facebooking, 2go, pinging? Imagine many so called students, starting exam on 4th April still watching films till past 12am or worrying about how to watch Championship etc.

1 Like

Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by Gerrard59(m): 10:02pm On Mar 29, 2012
Am sick nd tired of hearing my generation was the best.
The problems in nigeria was caused by which generation? My generation? The quagmire in every facet of ds contraption-hu planted them?
The young generation?
Look oldies,if you hate ds generation,you may as well reverse back to the 50s.
We don't care.
You oldies caused a everything ,so accept the blame first b4 shifting blame.
Best generation my foot
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by IYANGBALI: 1:01am On Mar 30, 2012
I thank God for my own,my own still better pass some people own

Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by benzion72(m): 3:07am On Mar 30, 2012
NECO as organisation is fradulent, they just a lot marks without marking papers. I wrote the last NECO exam and we were told by regular examiners that NECO has not called them for marking only for NECO to bring out a result.
I have a degree in Agric Econs but because I want to study law that made me wrote NECO. But to my dismay I had only 2 credit in english and math I failed all other subjects. Even my core subjects in the University it is ridiculous for me to fail Agric and economics
There is a massive fraud NECO set up. I am planning to take the result up with NECO and probably call for my script.

1 Like

Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by dany191(m): 3:33am On Mar 30, 2012
IYA NGBALI: I thank God for my own,my own still better pass some people own
i laugh comot tears confirm resalt
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by dany191(m): 3:40am On Mar 30, 2012
Don Carlos: It is easy for most of us to pontificate on how good we had it in our days and how the kids are missing it. Why have we denied these kids the trainings and discpline that made us the men and women we are today? Who produces and sponsors the numerous reality programmes on tv, including the dance/miming competitions inplace of the debates, quiz and other academic competitions we knew. Have we ever raised these issues at the PTA meetings? Why do parents who became who they are by dint of hardwork and sacrifice always prefer the easy way out for their kids.
on point boss... I A̶̲̥̅♏ 21 but i have a faint memory of educational shows i loved 'speak out' 'kidivision' 'bournvita brain match' but when i got to secondary school what i met was 'golden rockaz' all fun but not educating at all we need educational shows not sing and dance all the time
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by joshfash(m): 6:11am On Mar 30, 2012
How can the result be accessed?
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by Ignatio(m): 7:07am On Mar 30, 2012
Basics007: Social media keeps claiming it's victims

Exactly.
Study- 1hr or less
Facebook- 1hr
Twitter- 2hrs
nairaland- 4hrs
chatting(pinging n 2go)- 6hrs
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by Sebdgreat(m): 8:28am On Mar 30, 2012
when is this year NECO EXAM going to start?
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 30, 2012
Sebdgreat: when is this year NECO EXAM going to start?

November/December
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by cynthiafred67(f): 10:54am On Mar 30, 2012
sexy glow: Exactly!they no longer read!!Its Nollywood films,niger music,chating on 2go Facebook boyfriend and girl friend and all manner!No moral discipline. e

^^you forgot to add bbm and Niraland
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 30, 2012
To everone blaming students,i can tell you NECO is rubbish,i did mine 2009/2010,i studied hard,was the best student in my school,i had D7 and C6 mixed for me in my result,my WAEC was awesome,6A's ,2C's and a B.i can tell you dat NECO doesn't mark scripts,infact i believe it shud be scrapped.USELESS EXAM
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by FrenchyL(m): 1:19pm On Mar 30, 2012
sexy glow: Exactly!they no longer read!!Its Nollywood films,niger music,chating on 2go Facebook boyfriend and girl friend and all manner!No moral discipline. e
It is a case of misplaced priorities. Many students are illiterates in so many ways. They cannot read a document and understand it ,and they don't push themselves to think out of the box. School work ends in school. How do they expect to pass??
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by kingsilly(m): 1:59pm On Mar 30, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

I think the word you should be using is IRONIC.

The Irony, huh? cheesy cheesy
trouble finder
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by buJu234: 2:21pm On Mar 30, 2012
This is jst the beginning; when the foundation is destroy...

[b]how will u encourage a student to pass his exams with distinction; when he have a local govt. councillor that have P7 in all his GCE & JAMB results.
how will u encourage a student to pass his exams with distinction; when he have a Senator that have P7 in all his GCE & JAMB results.
how will u encourage a student to pass his exams with distinction; when he have a house of rep. members that have P7 in all their GCE & JAMB results.
how will u encourage a student to pass his exams with distinction; when he have a Governor that have P7 in all his GCE & JAMB results.
how will u encourage a student to pass his exams with distinction; when most of the successful people around him are either:-
Prosperity pastors & Imam that didnt even make 3rd class; not to talk abt 1st class
Politicians that were making P7 in school or paying results
Area boys that are governors
etc

how will u encourage a student to pass his exams with distinction; when he have a father & mother that made distinction & first class in their tertiary institution yet
they are the poorest & middle class citizens of this country.

Years ago; every one wants to b a doctor; engineer; Lawyer; News caster etc; because these professionals were living well but today; everyone wants to be a politician;
govt. contractor; etc...

Tell me how will u encourage a student to pass his exams with distinction; when he knws that Fed. quota system can make some persons gain admission;
work in special govt. parastatals in Nigeria.

Lastly; how will u encourage a student to pass his exams with distinction; when he knws that his parents can buy them admission esp. into private Universities...[/b]

People; Nigeria success & prosperity is not built on the right foundation; that countries like China; Japan etc built theirs...

so we shouldnt b surprised with the NECO & JAMB results
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 30, 2012

LOL @ "dohhhhhhh. . . exam hard. . . Government smash exam now!"
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by blackcypha(m): 2:38am On Apr 01, 2012
why shud anyone be surprised?
This youths of today know nothing....from high school to Uni Grads that cant make
one complete sentence without blunders.....she!
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by SisiKill1: 1:19am On Apr 04, 2012
kingsilly:
trouble finder
How naa?
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by benzion72(m): 8:18pm On Apr 09, 2012
I still maintain my stand NECO did not mark the last examination. The common corruption in Nigeria has crept into NECO and they are playing with people destiny. Corruption everywhere even Nigeria is faking ddrug what will Nigeria not fake
Re: NECO Records Another Mass Failure by Parnassuss(m): 9:53pm On Apr 09, 2012

Damn some people sef! What kind of logic, even an illogical one, can support this ur call of action?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

World Teachers' Day - Share Your Experiences With Your Favourite/worst Teacher / Ten Things Every Nigerian Jambite Must Know Before Entering The University / DELSU Backs Out Of ASUU Strike, Resumes Classes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.