Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,039 members, 7,828,656 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders (18122 Views)

Guys Or Babes, Who Lose Their Virginity The Earliest? / Blunders You Have Made Infront Of Opposite Sex / Nigerian Babes And Men. . . . Would You Ever Swing In A Relationship ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:06pm On Mar 30, 2012
12 inches!:
I used to have this ex that I used to chat wit on bbm.The extent of her.grammatical errors was so alarming. This is someone that is in final year in a tertiary institution and must have passed waec with atleast a C6. I'm not talking about only spelling errors but tensing, structure and lexis punctuation etc.It was jst too bad. I wonder how she passed her exams in the polytechnic.Now she wants to write TOEFL. Can u imagine. I'm not
putting her down or anything. But she really needs to work hard on her english oo!!!

It doesn't matter so far she is determined to get a good score. IMO, she would have issues with the speaking and writing section of TOEFL. If she can perform well in reading and listening section, no wahala.
Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by AZeD1(m): 2:16pm On Mar 30, 2012
gree-die:
Wen ll all these unnecessary exchange of words stop on nairaland? Na real wa o

@ topic, i tink d op started dis thread 4 d fun of it nd he is on point too, some ple ve difficulty wit english lang, no matter ow well read dey are, its a borrowed lang afterall.
I'm sorry gree-die but english is the official language of Nigeria. Only lazy people say english is a borrowed language.
P.S I aint calling you lazy!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by greedie1(f): 2:31pm On Mar 30, 2012
A-ZeD:

I'm sorry gree-die but english is the official language of Nigeria. Only lazy people say english is a borrowed language.
P.S I aint calling you lazy!!!!
i stand corrected, bt some ple still find it difficult 4 d simple reason dt its nt der mother tongue, or is it? Anyways, i dnt tink it can be used as a criteria to determine ones intelligence
Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by joanana(f): 3:47pm On Mar 30, 2012
~Killz~:

Cast the first stone. . . Your post was, and is still the epitome of THRASH! cheesy

Killz e bia kwa!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by simplebussy: 3:58pm On Mar 30, 2012
lwkmd.
blackberry poster.
pele.
Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by Pa22(m): 4:00pm On Mar 30, 2012
Dyt: I can bet d amount of blunders I read in ur own post
Mayb u read again n edit b4 anyoda sees it
Another has also seen it! Guy u 4 write am with pidgin, we 4 no know say una b d same blood! Hå.=D .нå. =D .нå. =D .нå.
Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 30, 2012
sometimes, when chatting with friends. I try to be perfect. Bt the truth is...... English no be my mother's tongue. I be African man, i no born for England. Phuck English!
Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 30, 2012
Some of you take Nairaland too seriously. Lord!

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by follyg: 4:04pm On Mar 30, 2012
@poster, you committed an error urself, you cannot be absolved of the same sin
"Teller : I said right the amount in figures"
it should be "write" and not "right"
LMAO

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by Koolking(m): 4:08pm On Mar 30, 2012
Why the girl's blunders were sensational was her noticeable emblem - BB. Trust some Nig girls with BB, especially the 'nothing upstairs ones' - attn seekers, she probably had cat-walked or behaved in one way or the other to get the attention that she had a BB with her. I bet she cared-less what people thought of her after the gramma fiasco.
Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 30, 2012
How the bloody hell, did this dumb of the dumber of the dumbest topics make the frontpage?
Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 30, 2012
Now i'm really finding it hard to pinpoint who is most dumb. The poster of this topic, or the person that posted this thrash on the frontpage. . . WTH!

Keep on exposing yourselves o, all in the name of traffic. . . "Home of Nigerians" my foot! This site should be christened, "Home of Nigeria's intellectual Jokers". . .
Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by free2ryhme: 4:19pm On Mar 30, 2012
@ commentators

Attention seekers
Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 30, 2012
dirtymoney: sometimes, when chatting with friends. I try to be perfect. Bt the truth is...... English no be my mother's tongue. I be African man, i no born for England. Phuck English!

on point!

i try so hard to be flawless but one way or the other,
i see small typographical errors here and there
which of course, would be viewed as blunder.

oyinbo language lawdhammercy!
Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by Rocktation(f): 4:23pm On Mar 30, 2012
There's just no winning with you guys. Naija girls must always be the victims. Wether she had snake-walked or fish-dove, he still would have opened a thread about her 'gramma'.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by cgift(m): 4:25pm On Mar 30, 2012
sexkillz: Now i'm really finding it hard to pinpoint who is most dumb. The poster of this topic, or the person that posted this thrash on the frontpage. . . WTH!

Keep on exposing yourselves o, all in the name of traffic. . . "Home of Nigerians" my foot! This site should be christened, "Home of Nigeria's intellectual Jokers". . .

Guy relax.
Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by makky(f): 4:31pm On Mar 30, 2012
Na wa ooo, but this is a typical case of pot calling kettle black. Figuring out u wanted to post something that had to do with english n stuff, u should have been absolutely careful with your own words. Carry on sha, we hear u!
Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by molekoole(m): 4:33pm On Mar 30, 2012
walahi u neva see anythin that one na small
as regards the mother and gf stuff you would know that such girl is likely to cause probs for u in the nearest future its however unresonable to go into such relationships
Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by tasandra: 4:34pm On Mar 30, 2012
@op,na ur own gramma,worse pass de 1 de baby speak....Olodo grin
Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by Basics007: 4:34pm On Mar 30, 2012
Problem with this kinda thread is that your grammar must be impeccable before you can criticise anybody. In my opinion i think the OP overreached himself by starting a thread criticising someone's spoken English when his own english is so faulty as is clearly apparent from the his post. Fine,english is not our mother's tongue and that's the major reason why you must be sure of yourself before mocking others
Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by Kusbaby(f): 4:41pm On Mar 30, 2012
ArQueBusieR: Oh, well. Such is life.
you are right becos,English is a borrowed language.
Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by sped1oro(m): 4:47pm On Mar 30, 2012
the person who started this conversation is a blockhead,as much as you want us to know you visited a bank today and noticed someone else making a blunder of the English language,you never examine yourself to know if you are fit to mock somebody who is not good in diction,instead you threw caution to the wind and committed more blunder than the girl with the blackberry.If you are that good in English,how come you made so much error in this post? grin
Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by Kusbaby(f): 4:49pm On Mar 30, 2012
pc guru: Off Point and Too Much Information ,[img]http://i3.kym cdn.com/entries/icons/medium/000/000/091/Problem.jpg[/img]
just wondering if d op deposited up to ten million naira,naija with their showing off.
Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by mykejones(m): 4:51pm On Mar 30, 2012
Am nt sure the Op had envisioned this backlash he's presently getin frm u al. He intended to liven up the forum(I suppose),but now,he's probably hidin for cover.
Since i joined NL,I knw how many threads i've had2cancel b4 i click the 'submit' botton. You guys want evryone 2b as gud as u all are,or to write to ur own taste. The tin is,no one is absoultely perfect.
Killz,must u bash evry single thread and d Op? I really find ur personality discouraging,honestly. I once loved readin ur comments,but guy,e don do abeg.
Give us a break...like,really!
Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by lond07: 4:55pm On Mar 30, 2012
Basics007: Problem with this kinda thread is that your grammar must be impeccable before you can criticise anybody. In my opinion i think the OP overreached himself by starting a thread criticising someone's spoken English when his own english is so faulty as is clearly apparent from the his post. Fine,english is not our mother's tongue and that's the major reason why you must be sure of yourself before mocking others

I think you should understand that when you are posting on NL/similar forums, sending sms/pinging on BB, you are not doing exam/interview for job. You make lots of abbreviations, typo errors etc. As long as you sentences are readable and understandable that is ok. Yeah, the OP himself is guilty of this just like every one of us. So don't judge by what you read on sms/NL etc.

If he had restricted his assessments to the conversation that took place @ the bank, that would have been fine, not typed/sms-ed conversations to which he himself must have been guilty of @ 1 time or the other
Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 30, 2012
sped1oro: the person who started this conversation is a blockhead,[/b]as much as you want us to know you visited a bank today and noticed someone else making a blunder of the English language,you never examine yourself to know if you are fit to mock somebody who is not good in diction,instead you threw caution to the wind and committed more blunder than the girl with the blackberry.If you are that good in English,how come you made so much error in this post? grin
[b]+1000

All hope is not lost afterall. . . grin grin grin
Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by pdpiperpippen: 4:58pm On Mar 30, 2012
Don't u tink we xpect too much frm nijga gals, most of whom spend more time fucking professors than reading their books. cool cool
Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by tanimola22: 4:59pm On Mar 30, 2012
ferhyntorlah:

It doesn't matter so far she is determined to get a good score. IMO, she would have issues with the speaking and writing section of TOEFL. If she can perform well in reading and listening section, no wahala.

I don't think she will have any problems when she decides to sit the TOEFL. The TOEFL test is designed in such a way as to favor repetition and learning by heart. The idea is to become very familiar with the structure of the questions on the test. When this is done, securing a good score, even a score near 100 and above, will be no big deal.

There are many Chinese people who are worse than the said ex girlfriend, yet they consistently make high TOEFL/IELTS scores and are studying in the US, UK, Canada, Australia etc.

I, myself, am very guilty of making grammatical blunders, both in spoken and in written English language, especially when the stakes are high. Unfortunately, the more I try to avoid making these blunders, the more I make them. For this reason, I have decided to just write and speak as best I can, without any fear of making mistakes. If I make any mistakes in the process of talking or expressing myself, I will simply correct myself and move on. If one develops a headache for each wrong usage of the English language, then one may eventually die of migraine.

Me I no dey ready to die of migraine, hence I no go develop headache for my few but evident ibons.

T22-
Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by sexyverah(f): 4:59pm On Mar 30, 2012
this is so funny................. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy oh my my........ but sometimes it typing errors
Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by ritze(m): 4:59pm On Mar 30, 2012
follyg: @poster, you committed an error urself, you cannot be absolved of the same sin
"Teller : I said right the amount in figures"
it should be "write" and not "right"
LMAO

dts jst a typo error u shld know
y critizing the OP nah
He's made us LOL
especially dt katsina camp
me lyk d post jooo
i sure say na ladies go criticise d guy pass
shey wt he said is not true ni
how many ladies speak gud english?
FINE 4 FACE NO BE FINE 4 HEAD JOOO
Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by sexyverah(f): 4:59pm On Mar 30, 2012
Dyt: I can bet d amount of blunders I read in ur own post
Mayb u read again n edit b4 anyoda sees it

lol... so funny grin grin
Re: Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 30, 2012
mykejones: Am nt sure the Op had envisioned this backlash he's presently getin frm u al. He intended to liven up the forum(I suppose),but now,he's probably hidin for cover.
Since i joined NL,I knw how many threads i've had2cancel b4 i click the 'submit' botton. You guys want evryone 2b as gud as u all are,or to write to ur own taste. The tin is,no one is absoultely perfect.
Killz,must u bash evry single thread and d Op? I really find ur personality discouraging,honestly. I once loved readin ur comments,but guy,e don do abeg.
Give us a break...like,really!
My friend, go and sit your arse down o jare. . . Wetin concern agbero with overload? Who cares what you think about a fellow faceless chatter? Free me abeg. I have a personality in the real world to worry and care about. I couldn't care less about online respect, personality, or what nots!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Are Your Craziest And Wildest Sexual Fantasies / It May Sound Unbelieveable But, Tell Me Your Nickname And I Will Prophecy... / Are Kenyan Babes Curvier Than SA Babes (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.