Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,109 members, 7,835,742 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? (2433 Views)

Gen. Buhari War On Corruption In Nigeria Collapses UK Bank. Must Watch Video. / What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? / If Nigeria Collapses: What Happens To Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by MostIncredibleDFirst: 10:37pm On Mar 29, 2012
What will the south-south lose when Nigeria collapses? And what does the south-south gain by its being a part of Nigeria currently?

1 Like

Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by Abagworo(m): 12:17am On Mar 30, 2012
MostIncredible.DFirst:
What will the south-south lose when Nigeria collapses? And what does the south-south gain by its being a part of Nigeria currently?

"Peace" is the answer to both questions.

2 Likes

Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by MostIncredibleDFirst: 6:51am On Mar 30, 2012
I think i understand you clearly. All the aliens that are currently fighting as PARASITES to control the region's resources would be seen and heard No more. And the region would have its peace! I also share that view.
Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by Callotti: 7:03am On Mar 30, 2012
Cows!
Only a Northerner can sleep with cows for months in the bush o!
Be prepared to be vegetarians! grin
Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by Chyz2: 7:09am On Mar 30, 2012
Callotti: Cows!
Only a Northerner can sleep with cows for months in the bush o!
Be prepared to be vegetarians! grin

Cameroon dey. cool
Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by Callotti: 7:14am On Mar 30, 2012
Chyz*:

Cameroon dey. cool

Back to square one!
Deport awusa from Nigeria!
Import more from Benin!
Way to go!

50 years later. . . Another coup!
Southerners become the oppressors!
The cycle continues!
Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by Yeske2(m): 8:19am On Mar 30, 2012
The SS will lose nothing
Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by ak47mann(m): 8:50am On Mar 30, 2012
SS will lose nothing at all but the problem they might face is territoriality boundaries and corrupt leaders which can be sorted out within the different communities...................
Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by musiwa43: 9:08am On Mar 30, 2012
the south south does not exist... because what do you find in this video.
igbo people, the queen visit to port harcourt.

they created bayelsa state because ijaw people wanted to have their own state, go ans ask jonathan goodluck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK4xoD2Zm60&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLB6A5B853FA8C2084
Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by Afam4eva(m): 9:52am On Mar 30, 2012
When and if the south-south eventually have their own country they'll receive the rude shock that they have nothing in common apart from oil.
Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by Callotti: 9:58am On Mar 30, 2012
With Urhobo and Ijaws, not to mention Itsekiri?
Ibori vs GEJ part 2!
Anioma will be begging for the presence of Boko Haram I swia!
Mu he he he he he

Back to skwia ONE I say!
Animal Farm continues! grin

Who wanno live with those 3 mutually-hating groups in one hole?

God forbid o!
Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by afrodiva: 10:35am On Mar 30, 2012
I can't speak for Delta state. But at least rivers and bayelsa have been able to live for centuries with minimal internal strife and even when present was mostly
between the igbani ijaw groups who also sorted themselves out.the annags,efiksand ibibios
also have been able to live peaceable with minimal stress.

1 Like

Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by Abagworo(m): 7:37pm On Mar 30, 2012
afrodiva: I can't speak for Delta state. But at least rivers and bayelsa have been able to live for centuries with minimal internal strife and even when present was mostly
between the igbani ijaw groups who also sorted themselves out.the annags,efiksand ibibios

Up till this day, the major reason there is peace in Rivers State in particular is Nigeria. Again the major reason Igbos are sheepishly taking insults of being landlocked is Nigeria. If Nigeria breaks up, Igbos will define their true boundary and you know some people might come to oppose and there will be war. That I am very sure of.

1 Like

Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by Beaf: 7:53pm On Mar 30, 2012
afrodiva: I can't speak for Delta state. But at least rivers and bayelsa have been able to live for centuries with minimal internal strife and even when present was mostly

Delta state too will live in peace.

With the touted Itsekiri/Ijaw malice, isn't it surprising that swathes of Ijaw land in Delta state are Uduaghans strongholds, despite him being Itsekiri?
Delta states agro is like matrimonial matters, we slap ourselves today and sneak under the covers tomorrow. No outsider can understand it. grin
Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by Dede1(m): 10:30pm On Mar 30, 2012
If Nigeria disintegrates today, the nonsensical nomenclature, south-south, will cease to exist. The phrase will go with Nigeria into a landfill.
Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by Dede1(m): 10:41pm On Mar 30, 2012
Abagworo:

Up till this day, the major reason there is peace in Rivers State in particular is Nigeria. Again the major reason Igbos are sheepishly taking insults of being landlocked is Nigeria. If Nigeria breaks up, Igbos will define their true boundary and you know some people might come to oppose and there will be war. That I am very sure of.

I guess what you called insult from landlocked statements is actually display of ignorance. Ndigbo and their neighbors in southeast knew such talk of land lock is useless and do not pay mind to it. By the way, who in his or her right senses would want to upset Ndigbo in the south if Nigeria should breakup?
Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by afrodiva: 4:26am On Mar 31, 2012
Abagworo:

true boundaries meaning igbo will claim opobo ,bonny,Ph,ikwerre,ekpeye etc.even if bonny agrees to be igbo I hope you all know you will have to go thru ogoni, okrika,andoni, nkoro territories to get to bonny are you going to wipe off these tribes. If you go the ekpeye route via sombreiro or o
rashi rivers you will still have to go thru degema, brass, and other ijaw territories to get to the Atlantic. Prior to Nigeria been formed no ijaw or igbo or other minorities in old rivers state fought why would igbos now want to fight? If not "ojukokoro".

1 Like

Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by ektbear: 4:40am On Mar 31, 2012
Interesting thread.
Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by Abagworo(m): 9:18am On Mar 31, 2012
afrodiva:
true boundaries meaning igbo will claim opobo ,bonny,Ph,ikwerre,ekpeye etc.even if bonny agrees to be igbo I hope you all know you will have to go thru ogoni, okrika,andoni, nkoro territories to get to bonny are you going to wipe off these tribes. If you go the ekpeye route via sombreiro or o
rashi rivers you will still have to go thru degema, brass, and other ijaw territories to get to the Atlantic. Prior to Nigeria been formed no ijaw or igbo or other minorities in old rivers state fought why would igbos now want to fight? If not "ojukokoro".

I don't think Igbos will want war but what I think is that all the artificial boundaries created to dis-organize the Igbos will be removed and land ownership will be debated based on who was there first historically. That will cause a war like that of Israel vs Palestine as everyone can lay claim to the lands, while no one is a clear owner and ready to concede.

That is why we should all support Nigeria to survive because a lot of wars will be fought after the so-called break up. Nigeria holds us together.

Better still, why don't we clamour for true Federalism and stop all these secessionist movements. It is treason to suggest secession. If I were Goodluck, all these people talking about break up and secession will be arrested, tried and hanged for good.
Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by OneNaira6: 10:05am On Mar 31, 2012
MostIncredible.DFirst:
What will the south-south lose when Nigeria collapses?

Nothing

MostIncredible.DFirst:

And what does the south-south gain by its being a part of Nigeria currently?

Nothing.
Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by samstradam: 11:24am On Mar 31, 2012
Abagworo:

"Peace" is the answer to both questions.
Seems to be the most precise answer so far......funny how 40 something years after Awo hinted this, it's still a true concern.

1 Like

Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by Dede1(m): 11:31am On Mar 31, 2012
afrodiva:

It appears you know the facts but chose to be naïve. Igwe Ocha (PH), Igwe Nga (Opu Obu/Opobo) and Ubani (Bonny) as well as people of Ikwerre and Ekpeye are Igbo and in Igbo land. In addition, Ogoni, Okrika, Andoni and Nkoro people will have a choice to make and I think they will make the right one. In fact, the Ibibio, Annang, Efik, Ejagam, Atama, Ijo (eastern Nigeria) and Benue state peeps will have choice to make too.

There is no doubt Republic of Igbo land or even Biafra is set to match into the glory of nation building while judiciously guarded against detractors with their land lock crap the moment the cesspit called Nigeria disintegrates. There could be a war/wars if anybody attempts to tell Ndigbo where Igbo land starts and ends without due respect to historical facts.

Of course, Igbo and its neighbors never fought a war but things have changed from the time the civil war started, ended and now.
Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 31, 2012
Abagworo:

I don't think Igbos will want war but what I think is that all the artificial boundaries created to dis-organize the Igbos will be removed and land ownership will be debated based on who was there first historically. That will cause a war like that of Israel vs Palestine as everyone can lay claim to the lands, while no one is a clear owner and ready to concede.

That is why we should all support Nigeria to survive because a lot of wars will be fought after the so-called break up. Nigeria holds us together.

Better still, why don't we clamour for true Federalism and stop all these secessionist movements. It is treason to suggest secession. If I were Goodluck, all these people talking about break up and secession will be arrested, tried and hanged for good.
So you prefer to bury your head in the sand instead of facing a problem headlong and sparing your descendants the troublke of interesting 'a troubled past'? SMH!

1 Like

Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by afrodiva: 3:10pm On May 12, 2012
Dede1:

It appears you know the facts but chose to be naïve. Igwe Ocha (PH), Igwe Nga (Opu Obu/Opobo) and Ubani (Bonny) as well as people of Ikwerre and Ekpeye are but Igbo and Igbo land. In addition, Ogoni, Okrika, Andoni and Nkoro people will have a choice to make and I think they will make the right one. In fact, the Ibibio, Annang, Efik, Ejagam, Atama, Ijo (eastern Nigeria) and Benue state peeps will have choice to make too.

There is no doubt Republic of Igbo land or even Biafra is set to match into the glory of nation building while judiciously guarded against detractors with their land lock crap the moment the cesspit called Nigeria disintegrates. There could be a war/wars if anybody attempts to tell Ndigbo where Igbo land starts and ends without due respect to historical facts.
And if these tribes choose to be independent or stay with their ijaw brothers which they've done eversince colonial times are you going to wipe them out ?.the issue of igboland is very controversial seeing that there's never been an igbo kingdom. Heck even the name igbo is a relatively new appellation.
Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by afrodiva: 3:11pm On May 12, 2012
Dede1:

It appears you know the facts but chose to be naïve. Igwe Ocha (PH), Igwe Nga (Opu Obu/Opobo) and Ubani (Bonny) as well as people of Ikwerre and Ekpeye are but Igbo and Igbo land. In addition, Ogoni, Okrika, Andoni and Nkoro people will have a choice to make and I think they will make the right one. In fact, the Ibibio, Annang, Efik, Ejagam, Atama, Ijo (eastern Nigeria) and Benue state peeps will have choice to make too.

And if these tribes choose to be independent or stay with their ijaw brothers which they've done eversince colonial times are you going to wipe them out ?.the issue of igboland is very controversial seeing that there's never been an igbo kingdom. Heck even the name igbo is a relatively new appellation.
Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by jason123: 3:47pm On May 12, 2012
Nothing except cohesion . . . the need for a common enemy is paramount in a S-South country to prevent oil wars and territory expansion wars! But money, man power and every other is in surplus in the SS!
Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by Johndoe100(m): 3:52pm On May 12, 2012
Why do you ibo dogs always do this? Any thread to do with my state and you bring your stinking selves to come and derail. You guys are just filth. Let me explain something, you (meaning the ibo) who have his attitude have been, are and will remain the dregs.
Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by Johndoe100(m): 3:55pm On May 12, 2012
jason123: Nothing except cohesion . . . the need for a common enemy is paramount in a S-South country to prevent oil wars and territory expansion wars! But money, man power and every other is in surplus in the SS!

I agree wholeheartedly and the common enemy are the ibos. We should forma temprary alliance with the Odudua people just to eff the ibo up.
Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by aljharem(m): 3:56pm On May 12, 2012
Johndoe100: Why do you ibo dogs always do this? Any thread to do with my state and you bring your stinking selves to come and derail. You guys are just filth. Let me explain something, you (meaning the ibo) who have his attitude have been, are and will remain the dregs.

Shut up tribalistic mo.ron, what makes you different from those you are calling dogs ? Eh You are Igbo yourself

I strongly pray that Nigeria start separating.
Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by aljharem(m): 3:57pm On May 12, 2012
Johndoe100:

I agree wholeheartedly and the common enemy are the ibos. We should forma temprary alliance with the Odudua people just to eff the ibo up.

LOL it seems like you are drunk today grin grin grin grin
Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by Dede1(m): 4:02pm On May 12, 2012
Johndoe100:

If you are not a delusional and dirty dog, I urge you to name your ethnicity.
Re: What Will The South-south Lose When Nigeria Collapses? by jason123: 4:04pm On May 12, 2012
Dede1:

If you are not a delusional and dirty dog, I urge you to name your ethnicity.

Kalabari!

Johndoe100:

Too harsh, wetin dem do you?! No more wars in the south . . .as long as everyone takes what belongs to them . . . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 Most Peaceful Countries In The World / See The Complete List Of Nigerian Looters Released By World Bank / Why Is Buhari In London Fews Days To Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.