Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,666 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? (4106 Views)

Is China Good Or Bad For Africa? / Is China Better Than The West / Is China A Victim Of Economic Sabotage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by CaptBarbosa: 8:29pm On Apr 05, 2012
Dude, you keep on regurgitating the old tired lines. I'd expected you to list those "achievements" brought to africa and nigeria by US. Am I asking too much? Gone are the days where mere propaganda is constantly used to confused the average nigerian or african into thinking that US cares for him/her. Not with the availability of 3K chinko "touch" screen china phone. Lolzzzzzzzz

I did my own part by showing you things that china brought to my household at very affordable price, which make my life and most nigerians meaningful. Brake the ice and give it to me!

My washing machine na china made.
Flat screen na chinese do am
Handset na made in china
Laptop na china.
Generating set na made in china
air condition na made in china.
Kitchen stuff na china
Dvd player na china
sound system na china

Nebeuwa:

Speak for yourself my friend. There are plenty of Africans who prefer the United States to China. You do not see thousands of Africans traveling to China everyday. However, you do find thousands of Africans trying to come to the United States.

The United States has done a lot of good for the world. Most of the technology that you are using was created by an American. I think the United States is often underrated in its technological achievement. The internet that you use each day, the computer that you are using which was produced by American technology, the cars you see throughout Africa etc. This was all created by American ingenuity. Even many of the vaccines that you have, are due to the fact that American researchers spent many years trying to alleviate the world's suffering.

And the technology that you mentioned such as the iPad, iPhone, flat screen TVs, were created by an American mind. Just because China makes these products, do not mean they invented it. It simply means that the United States is using that country to provide cheap goods for its citizens. And U.S. companies still win in the end, because these Chinese manufacturers need these American companies to provide jobs for them.

Sorry but nothing can take away from the achievements of the United States and the good things that this country has done for the world. It still remains a beacon of hope for millions of immigrants.

The bolded is false, as no country can lay monopoly claim of invention or do I need to show you the list of inventors side by side with their respective countries of origins?
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by faithin9ja: 9:16pm On Apr 05, 2012
the coca cola you drink everyday, the microsoft you use, the internet you use, the medicines you take, even your Mum blood pressure medicines, the cars you drive, even the refined petrol in your tank, where do you think it all comes from.

How many countries can borrow $14 trillion? Nigeria struggles to borrow a few billion, can you as an individual borrow N100 million naira. Only rich people can borrow big money,

when you owe the bank N1 million, you won't sleep, when you owe the bank N10 billion; the bank won't sleep.

the day US cannot pay it's debts that day the whole world goes into recession, see what's happening in Europe over small Greece with a population of 4 million people, they can't pay their debts the whole of Europe and lot of the world are panicking.

my friend study macro economics and history before judging everything on the cheap chinco articles.

Please Apple (US) makes iPads and iPhones - they are probably the richest company in the world, but they outsource the manufacture to China, but who owns the company? who does Apple pay it's taxes to?, same with Nokia, Playstation, DELL, HP, Nike, reebok, but you keep erroneously referring to them as China
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by faithin9ja: 9:42pm On Apr 05, 2012
I don't know why I am having this conversation, I entered it just to correct you when you say things made in China are Chinese.

My friend you are right, USA is finished, they owe too much money to China, their military is finished, they don't manufacture anything and their kids are on drugs. USA has no influence in the world. Why would anyone want to live in the US?
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by CaptBarbosa: 10:14pm On Apr 05, 2012
Your line of reasoning is very weak. Would I be able to afford those things if they should be made in US? NO!!!

Now, that I can buy and replace them at will, who should I give thanks to ? china! Cos, without them providing the material and cheap labour, no price and third world economy growth.

A common single loader CD goes for atleat 300K when it was produced by the "evil" and now you can get same at 25K, courtesy of China.

faithin9ja: the coca cola you drink everyday, the microsoft you use, the internet you use, the medicines you take, even your Mum blood pressure medicines, the cars you drive, even the refined petrol in your tank, where do you think it all comes from.

How many countries can borrow $14 trillion? Nigeria struggles to borrow a few billion, can you as an individual borrow N100 million naira. Only rich people can borrow big money,

when you owe the bank N1 million, you won't sleep, when you owe the bank N10 billion; the bank won't sleep.

the day US cannot pay it's debts that day the whole world goes into recession, see what's happening in Europe over small Greece with a population of 4 million people, they can't pay their debts the whole of Europe and lot of the world are panicking.

my friend study macro economics and history before judging everything on the cheap chinco articles.

Please Apple (US) makes iPads and iPhones - they are probably the richest company in the world, but they outsource the manufacture to China, but who owns the company? who does Apple pay it's taxes to?, same with Nokia, Playstation, DELL, HP, Nike, reebok, but you keep erroneously referring to them as China
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by justwise(m): 10:14pm On Apr 05, 2012
Capt.Barbosa:
Dude, you keep on regurgitating the old tired lines. I'd expected you to list those "achievements" brought to africa and nigeria by US. Am I asking too much? Gone are the days where mere propaganda is constantly used to confused the average nigerian or african into thinking that US cares for him/her. Not with the availability of 3K chinko "touch" screen china phone. Lolzzzzzzzz

I did my own part by showing you things that china brought to my household at very affordable price, which make my life and most nigerians meaningful. Brake the ice and give it to me!

Handset na made in china
Laptop na china.
Kitchen stuff na china
Dvd player na china

sound system na china

The bolded is false, as no country can lay monopoly claim of invention or do I need to show you the list of inventors side by side with their respective countries of origins?

All inferior Chinese goods, made in China is like Aba-made goods or what we used to call 'Taiwan'

You can't compare made in US to made in China, that is like comparing day and night, people rush to buy Chinese made because its cheap but low quality.
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by Callotti: 11:00pm On Apr 05, 2012
Ignorance is bliss indeed.
Made in China goods are indeed inferior IF YOU ASK FOR INFERIOR QUALITY.
Please, educate yourself.
Go to any store in China. . .they will honestly tell you the different grades and qualities of goods.
THEY MAKE IT ALL.

If you can afford the real thing. . . YOU PAY THE REAL PRICE.

Most dealers ask for the inferior grades to make money. . .and THE CHINESE WILL GLADLY MAKE THEM FOR YOU.
You tell them WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD. . . like in India. . .and they work with YOUR INFERIOR BUDGET!!!!

Please, educate yourselves!
TRAVEL AROUND THE WORLD AND REDUCE YOUR LEVEL OF IGNORANCE!!!
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by justwise(m): 11:16pm On Apr 05, 2012
You got every right to defend your cheap and cheerful goods.

I'm not ignorant, i have done my fair share of travelling, though not to China but i have been to that region, Chinese goods are generally of low quality, i don't need to apologies for saying that.
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by faithin9ja: 12:02am On Apr 06, 2012
When I enter a store in Paris, London, New York nobody offers me inferior products, all products are of generally good quality. If you sell me inferior or fake products you are breaking the law. Even the 'made in China' goods in US or Europe need to meet stringent quality controls.Many of the made in China products are actually made on behalf Nike, Reebok, Dell, HP, Apple.

But for Africa these lovely Chinese bring their fake products that they are not llowed to seel in other countries and we are praising them.

Capt Barbosa is saying he doesn't know of any American product that has benefited his life; I pointed him to coca Cola and google, he didn't answer, instead he says my answer is weak. What of facebook and microsoft or does he use the Chinese version of Facebook.

I beg you guys should grow up.
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by justwise(m): 12:44am On Apr 06, 2012
faithin9ja: When I enter a store in Paris, London, New York nobody offers me inferior products, all products are of generally good quality. If you sell me inferior or fake products you are breaking the law. Even the 'made in China' goods in US or Europe need to meet stringent quality controls.Many of the made in China products are actually made on behalf Nike, Reebok, Dell, HP, Apple.

But for Africa these lovely Chinese bring their fake products that they are not llowed to seel in other countries and we are praising them.

Capt Barbosa is saying he doesn't know of any American product that has benefited his life; I pointed him to coca Cola and google, he didn't answer, instead he says my answer is weak. What of facebook and microsoft or does he use the Chinese version of Facebook.

I beg you guys should grow up.

Those companies controls the quality, they made sure that its not of lower quality, they moved their factories to China because of cheap labour but that backfired when Chinese started producing inferior quality of things like Nike, Reeboke, Apple etc and selling them cheaper than the original.

Even with EU product standard you still see alot of Chinese inferior goods smuggled in by some dealers in some shops, mostly Asian shops.

China uses African as their dumping ground as the officials are ready to collect bribe and allow anything into the country.
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by Nobody: 1:20am On Apr 06, 2012
shouldnt you guys blame the people who are buying these cheap items, rather than who is making them? it seems to me that nobody forces anyone to buy a fake Louis Vuitton or a cheap quality SD card. so why blame china?

anyone should decide what to buy according to how much money they have to spend. i am sure you can buy any top quality item in Nigeria, if you have the right finances. China discovered that there was a niche and provide certain items to people, according to their finances.

you guys are making it sound like everyone can afford name brands, or that anything that isnt a name brand is automatically low quality. lol!
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by Callotti: 3:52am On Apr 06, 2012
justwise: You got every right to defend your cheap and cheerful goods.

I'm not ignorant, i have done my fair share of travelling, though not to China but i have been to that region, Chinese goods are generally of low quality, i don't need to apologies for saying that.

How do you know?
Yes, you are ignorant of the way the CHINESE market works.
Chinese goods are inferior IF YOU WANT INFERIOR GOODS!
If you want genuine GUCCI. . .They will make it for you too.
BOTTOM LINE? Not all Chinese goods are inferior.
YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET. . .YOUR CHOICE!

Don't blame the Chinese. It is what YOUR DEALERS ask for. . . you get in YOUR STORES. Period.
Which region have you travelled to? If not China. . .you cannot speak for China.
They will even tell you UPFRONT. . .real from fake. The real things go to Bond Street. . .while the fake go to Liverpool Street!
ALL NA MADE IN CHINA!
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by CaptBarbosa: 7:59am On Apr 06, 2012
God bless you. It's obvious you haven't allowed your brain to be consumed by McDonalds fried chicken.

I bought a Nokia phone in 2009 for 105K @ slot in Lagos. . .a month later I travelled to europe and my friend wanted same, so we went out to buy. Low and behold, thesame phone goes for 160K in France . . . .and they are ALL made by china.

Gone are the days where ignorants would brand all china goods as fake or inferior, they make all quality grades based on ISO standards. Just name the price and what you want! Chikenan!.

Callotti: Ignorance is bliss indeed.
Made in China goods are indeed inferior IF YOU ASK FOR INFERIOR QUALITY.
Please, educate yourself.
Go to any store in China. . .they will honestly tell you the different grades and qualities of goods.
THEY MAKE IT ALL.

If you can afford the real thing. . . YOU PAY THE REAL PRICE.

Most dealers ask for the inferior grades to make money. . .and THE CHINESE WILL GLADLY MAKE THEM FOR YOU.
You tell them WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD. . . like in India. . .and they work with YOUR INFERIOR BUDGET!!!!

Please, educate yourselves!
TRAVEL AROUND THE WORLD AND REDUCE YOUR LEVEL OF IGNORANCE!!!
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by CaptBarbosa: 8:10am On Apr 06, 2012
Dude, your post reeks of sheer ignorance. You have lost touch with reality. All your so-called HP, Dell Ipads, Iphones, Nokia, HD screens, Andriods operating devices are ALL made by china.

Keep smoking uncle sam's "wewe"!

justwise:

All inferior Chinese goods, made in China is like Aba-made goods or what we used to call 'Thai one'

You can't compare made in US to made in China, that is like comparing day and night, people rush to buy Chinese made because its cheap but low quality.

what a joke! China = Aba made goods? Damn!!!
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by justwise(m): 9:54am On Apr 06, 2012
Capt.Barbosa:
Dude, your post reeks of sheer ignorance. You have lost touch with reality. All your so-called HP, Dell Ipads, Iphones, Nokia, HD screens, Andriods operating devices are ALL made by china.

You actually don't get it, do you? Those companies moved their factories to China because of cheap labour, that doesn't mean that China owns Nokia, Apple or Dell, its business decision.

Chinese product is generally inferior, its a fact!! I buy them because they are affordable but they don't last that long.

Stop screaming that you bought Chinese made Nokia for 105K in Lagos and it cost 160 in France, of course prices defer city by city, country by country for the same product, you don't need to be educated on that, or do you?

I'm not drumming down China for producing products that meets the need or certain market, i'm basically pointing out that they are generally of low quality

Yes Aba-made, just like in China, there are good quality Aba-made( Japan of Africa) but they can't be compared to the brand-names.
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by Callotti: 9:58am On Apr 06, 2012
Capt.Barbosa:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Gbam!
Thanks for educating him.
All those stores have factories in China for affordability.
All they have to do is put a 'made in USA or ITALY tag on it to fool people.
Who can afford goods that are NOT MADE IN CHINA around the world?
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by Callotti: 10:02am On Apr 06, 2012
justwise:

You actually don't get it, do you? Those companies moved their factories to China because of cheap labour, that doesn't mean that China owns Nokia, Apple or Dell, its business decision.

Chinese product is generally inferior, its a fact!! I buy them because they are affordable but they don't last that long.

Stop screaming that you bought Chinese made Nokia for 105K in Lagos and it cost 160 in France, of course prices defer city by city, country by country for the same product, you don't need to be educated on that, or do you?

I'm drumming down China for producing products that meets the need or certain market, i'm basically pointing out that they are generally of low quality

Yes Aba-made, just like in China, there are good quality Aba-made( Japan of Africa) but they can't be compared to the brand-names.

Mu he he he he he he he he
WHERE DO YOU THINK 'YOUR BRAND NAMES' ARE MADE?
The same China of course for slightly more expensive than the cheaper, inferior brands. . . TO MAKE A KILLING PROFIT MARGIN from people like YOU!
No wonder some people still fall for 419 schemes these days.
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by faithin9ja: 10:08am On Apr 06, 2012
Capt Barbosa, HP, Dell, Nokia, Apple, Nike, etc are made IN China, not made BY China , there is a big difference. You ignore all my questions. Why is Apple the richest company in the world today? Is it a Chinese company? Is HP a chinese company? They contract out their manufacture to chinese factories, that's all.

You compare price of Nokia in UK to Nigeria, did you even allow for taxes, currency exchange, etc. Retail prices in developed countries are usually more expensive than Nigeria.

You say America has nothing to offer you, what of the Coca cola you drink or the internet you use? Aren't you on Facebook? My friend manufacturing is just one way economies grow, I bet if you are a worker do you work in the manufacturer sector, am sure you don't but you are surviving
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by Callotti: 10:19am On Apr 06, 2012
More of begging the question.
Made in China vs Not made by Chinese companies.
IF YOU ARE USING CHINESE LABOR. . .IT IS MADE IN CHINA!!! Period!
All you can get are 'LABELS' that indicate 'MADE IN THE UK' or 'MADE IN ITALY'. Good marketing strategy to deceive you of course.

All foreign countries use Chinese labor. No question.

The Chinese do not care who owns the company. . .AS LONG AS YOU USE THEIR PEOPLE TO MAKE YOUR GOODS!!!!

Then they outdo you by using those same 'standards' to make inferior goods for the affordability of ALL!
Q.E.D.
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by justwise(m): 10:31am On Apr 06, 2012
faithin9ja: Capt Barbosa, HP, Dell, Nokia, Apple, Nike, etc are made IN China, not made BY China , there is a big difference. You ignore all my questions. Why is Apple the richest company in the world today? Is it a Chinese company? Is HP a chinese company? They contract out their manufacture to chinese factories, that's all.

You compare price of Nokia in UK to Nigeria, did you even allow for taxes, currency exchange, etc. Retail prices in developed countries are usually more expensive than Nigeria.

You say America has nothing to offer you, what of the Coca cola you drink or the internet you use? Aren't you on Facebook? My friend manufacturing is just one way economies grow, I bet if you are a worker do you work in the manufacturer sector, am sure you don't but you are surviving

You are asking him too many questions, break it down bit by bit, maybe he will get your points, i wouldn't put my money on it though.
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by justwise(m): 10:36am On Apr 06, 2012
Callotti: More of begging the question.
Made in China vs Not made by Chinese companies.
IF YOU ARE USING CHINESE LABOR. . .IT IS MADE IN CHINA!!! Period!
All you can get are 'LABELS' that indicate 'MADE IN THE UK' or 'MADE IN ITALY'. Good marketing strategy to deceive you of course.

All foreign countries use Chinese labor. No question.

The Chinese do not care who owns the company. . .AS LONG AS YOU USE THEIR PEOPLE TO MAKE YOUR GOODS!!!!

Then they outdo you by using those same 'standards' to make inferior goods for the affordability of ALL!
Q.E.D.

You actually don't get the point, not that i'm surprised though.

Nobody is arguing here that those goods are made in China, they are but they are not owned by China, Chinese owned products are generally of low quality compared to the real thing
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by Callotti: 10:52am On Apr 06, 2012
justwise:

You actually don't get the point, not that i'm surprised though.

Nobody is arguing here that those goods are made in China, they are but they are not owned by China, Chinese owned products are generally of low quality compared to the real thing

Who EVER stated the goods were OWNED by China?
You are the one with the OBVIOUS comprehension problem, AS ALWAYS.
This thread is about why China poses a threat to the world, because some claim it has a competitive edge over the world economically.
Some of us attempted to analyze that concept, ALONG THOSE LINES.

You first OFF POST of this thread does not address the topic AS USUAL sir!
justwise:

All inferior Chinese goods, made in China is like Aba-made goods or what we used to call 'Thai one'

Is there anything the US manufactures that China does not manufacture? Name one thing.
Who is the borrower and who is the lender?
Hardly the point to be made for any angle of this thread.
Go figure!

It is very typical of you to JUMP right in the middle of a meaningful discourse and start some form of 'petty' derision of what your feel emotionally/intellectially disadvaged about, without ADDRESSING THE SUBJECT MATTER AT HAND FIRST!
Now, you ask yourself where YOUR POSTS COME INTO THIS DISCUSSION if not as OFF TANGENTS!
Thank you!kiss
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by justwise(m): 11:29am On Apr 06, 2012
Callotti:

Who EVER stated the goods were OWNED by China?
You are the one with the OBVIOUS comprehension problem, AS ALWAYS.
This thread is about why China poses a threat to the world, because some claim it has a competitive edge over the world economically.
Some of us attempted to analyze that concept, ALONG THOSE LINES.

You first OFF POST of this thread does not address the topic AS USUAL sir!

Is there anything the US manufactures that China does not manufacture? Name one thing.

Who is the borrower and who is the lender?
Hardly the point to be made for any angle of this thread.
Go figure!

It is very typical of you to JUMP right in the middle of a meaningful discourse and start some form of 'petty' derision of what your feel emotionally/intellectially disadvaged about, without ADDRESSING THE SUBJECT MATTER AT HAND FIRST!
Now, you ask yourself where YOUR POSTS COME INTO THIS DISCUSSION if not as OFF TANGENTS!
Thank you!kiss

My first post was directed at somebody who listed things in his house which he claimed are Chinese products, i wasn't ranting about like headless chicken as you do, i replied that specific post

The US has being in the business of inventing and manufacturing things before China shows up, China is just the new kid in the block and it will take them time before they match US track record.
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by faithin9ja: 11:52am On Apr 06, 2012
My first post was directed at somebody who listed things in his house which he claimed are Chinese products, i wasn't ranting about like headless chicken as you do, i replied that specific post

The US has being in the business of inventing and manufacturing things before China shows up, China is just the new kid in the block and it will take them time before they match US track record.
[color=#006600][/color]

Bang on Point. the argument had descended into what has America do for anyone in Africa and this ignorant fellow decided to list the electronics in his house that were made in China, what I don't if the items were China like Chygo air conditioner, tiger gen & Tecno phones or whether the items were Samsung, HP, DELL, Apple which are made in China but owned and designed by mainly American, European and Japanese companies. However the fellow doesn't seem to understand the difference.

I also mentioned other aspects of his life which is affected by America including the the internet and down to Coca Cola - there has been no response.

However the initial purpose of this post as to whether China is a threat to World peace and security, I personally would rather not comment on this because the factors are too wide and diverse to mention in a forum such as this and I am sorry to say most of the posters have no idea of macro economic history or the history of the world in the 20th & 21st centuary besides a few news headlines they hear and make their judgement.
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by CaptBarbosa: 12:15pm On Apr 06, 2012
I dont know how to educate that guy oooo. . . !

Callotti:

Mu he he he he he he he he
WHERE DO YOU THINK 'YOUR BRAND NAMES' ARE MADE?
The same China of course for slightly more expensive than the cheaper, inferior brands. . . TO MAKE A KILLING PROFIT MARGIN from people like YOU!
No wonder some people still fall for 419 schemes these days.
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by CaptBarbosa: 12:42pm On Apr 06, 2012
why dont you just do yourself a favour by hitting the a google search to see tons of alternative chinese products with roots in china? like I earlier said, no country can lay claim to monopoly of invention or knowledge. My musings is that China has brought more good to us in africa and nigeria, than the US.

I went ahead to provide list of things that transform my life and nigerians in general only for you to start mentioning coca cola . we are not comparing superiority of china to US, rather looking at which of the country benefits nigeria/ns the more!!!

faithin9ja: [color=#006600][/color]

Bang on Point. the argument had descended into what has America do for anyone in Africa and this ignorant fellow decided to list the electronics in his house that were made in China, what I don't if the items were China like Chygo air conditioner, tiger gen & Tecno phones or whether the items were Samsung, HP, DELL, Apple which are made in China but owned and designed by mainly American, European and Japanese companies. However the fellow doesn't seem to understand the difference.

I also mentioned other aspects of his life which is affected by America including the the internet and down to Coca Cola - there has been no response.

However the initial purpose of this post as to whether China is a threat to World peace and security, I personally would rather not comment on this because the factors are too wide and diverse to mention in a forum such as this and I am sorry to say most of the posters have no idea of macro economic history or the history of the world in the 20th & 21st centuary besides a few news headlines they hear and make their judgement.

You keep on shouting "macro " economy and all that. . .we know the genesis of transfer of production to china by the US capitalist seeking to make more profit by out sourcing most production to asia at expense of local economy and job loss. prior to "out sourcing" age , no one in my entire extended family could afford to a buy a brand new CD player! we all have to rely on fairly used second generation electronics from US. Today, we dispose our electronics yearly and acquire new ones courtesy of CHINA cheap labour and low cost material production technology. Who cares about who invented what?

Lastly, I told you to leave europe and japan out of this. they are not part of US!!!!!!!
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by faithin9ja: 1:13pm On Apr 06, 2012
why dont you just do yourself a favour by hitting the a google search to see tons of alternative chinese products with roots in china? like I earlier said, no country can lay claim to monopoly of invention or knowledge. My musings is that China has brought more good to us in africa and nigeria, than the US.

I went ahead to provide list of things that transform my life and nigerians in general only for you to start mentioning coca cola . [b]we are not comparing superiority of china to US, rather looking at which of the country benefits nigeria/ns t[/b]he more!!!
[color=#006600][/color]

US benefits Nigeria more than China. Our balance of payments is better with US than China, ie Nigeria as a country sells more things to US than we sell China, we buy more things from China and they buy very little from us, whereas we buy less things from US but US buys more from Nigeria, so our balance of payments is better with US than China.

All our banking is reliant on US, even the things we buy from China all the financial structures to buy these cheap CD players is routed through the US.

We rely almost exclusively on the US for all things internet and software.

All the medicines we use are majority from the US (if the US and Europe did not invent the medicinal cures and outsource the patents to China and India you would never have the drugs in the first place) all original drugs, not the fake ones that kill pay a small percentage to the US companies behind them.

You say you don't know what US has done for Africa because the only things you can see China made electronics, and I bet you don't even use a chinko phone, you use phone made in China but by a foreign company. - I explained to you last time how much money from products made in China actually go back to parent the company, but you completely ignore that fact and say only China can save Africa.

How many people in Africa are employed by Chinese companies, yet am sure your family will do thanksgiving if you or your family member gets a job in Chevron, Halliburton, etc these are American companies that employ Nigerians on fat salaries (compared to the local salary).

Anyway I know I am talking to somebody who is not willing to look objectively at matters.
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by justwise(m): 1:34pm On Apr 06, 2012
faithin9ja: [color=#006600][/color]

US benefits Nigeria more than China. Our balance of payments is better with US than China, ie Nigeria as a country sells more things to US than we sell China, we buy more things from China and they buy very little from us, whereas we buy less things from US but US buys more from Nigeria, so our balance of payments is better with US than China.

All our banking is reliant on US, even the things we buy from China all the financial structures to buy these cheap CD players is routed through the US.

We rely almost exclusively on the US for all things internet and software.

All the medicines we use are majority from the US (if the US and Europe did not invent the medicinal cures and outsource the patents to China and India you would never have the drugs in the first place) all original drugs, not the fake ones that kill pay a small percentage to the US companies behind them.

You say you don't know what US has done for Africa because the only things you can see China made electronics, and I bet you don't even use a chinko phone, you use phone made in China but by a foreign company. - I explained to you last time how much money from products made in China actually go back to parent the company, but you completely ignore that fact and say only China can save Africa.

How many people in Africa are employed by Chinese companies, yet am sure your family will do thanksgiving if you or your family member gets a job in Chevron, Halliburton, etc these are American companies that employ Nigerians on fat salaries (compared to the local salary).

Anyway I know I am talking to somebody who is not willing to look objectively at matters.

Don't bother any more,it wouldn't work even if you pure facts from now till China becomes 'world power' they wouldn't get it
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by Callotti: 2:51pm On Apr 06, 2012
I give up!
Thread derailed. . . . without redemption.
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by CaptBarbosa: 3:30pm On Apr 06, 2012
I give up! Damn!!

Callotti: I give up!
Thread derailed. . . . without redemption.
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by faithin9ja: 4:47pm On Apr 06, 2012
Capt Barbosa : Dude, you keep on regurgitating the old tired lines. I'd expected you to list those "achievements" brought to africa and nigeria by US. Am I asking too much? Gone are the days where mere propaganda is constantly used to confused the average nigerian or african into thinking that US cares for him/her. Not with the availability of 3K chinko "touch" screen china phone. Lolzzzzzzzz

Handset na made in china
Laptop na china.
Kitchen stuff na china
Dvd player na china
sound system na china
[color=#006600][/color]

All answered over and over again. QED
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by solomon111(m): 8:18pm On Apr 06, 2012
When you look at some of this pro-american supporters,they have probably lost touch with reality.
Most of them are based in america and benefit from america,so i am not surprised.
No true african,that knows the reality of things on ground,would choose the U.S over CHINA in relation to who benefits africa more.
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by justwise(m): 8:20pm On Apr 06, 2012
solomon111: When you look at some of this pro-american supporters,they have probably lost touch with reality.
Most of them are based in america and benefit from america,so i am not surprised.
No true african,that knows the reality of things on ground,would choose the U.S over CHINA in relation to who benefits africa more.

What does Africa benefit from China? and Since when?

By the way i don't live in America and never visited America

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obama Crushes Clinton and Edwards in Iowa / (PHOTO) 3 Men Deported From Saudi Arabia For Being “too Attractive” For Women / Zimbabwe Policeman Jailed For Using Mugabe's Toilet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.