Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,471 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? (8009 Views)

Poll: Flirting with the opposite sex is:

Unchristian.: 69% (48 votes)
Perfectly ok.: 30% (21 votes)
This poll has ended

Is It Okay For A Lady To Wear This To Church? (photos) / Christians Engaging In Premarital Sexual Relations Before Marriage, Is It Okay? / Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by detruth: 2:13pm On Jun 21, 2008
I heard someone (was a little si*k) said there is nothing wrong with fornication, then I think flirting is a small do!
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by hommer(f): 11:20pm On Jun 22, 2008
Nooooooooooooooo, if we do so,we deceive ourselves and in the end there's a price to pay for it
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by hommer(f): 11:20pm On Jun 22, 2008
Nooooooooooooooo, if we do so,we deceive ourselves and in the end there's a price to pay for it
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by onyinye2(f): 11:24pm On Jun 22, 2008
it depends on what your definition of flirting is. i do flirt but it is "innocent" flirting. if you think flirting is dancing all over some random guy in the club then no. but if you are at the coffee shop or at the book store and you see a nice fella and start having a innocent conversation and a lil flirting comes up then it is oka.
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by MethodMan3(m): 11:26pm On Jun 22, 2008
onyinye2:

it depends on what your definition of flirting is. i do flirt but it is "innocent" flirting. if you think flirting is dancing all over some random guy in the club then no. but if you are at the coffee shop or at the book store and you see a nice fella and start having a innocent conversation and a little flirting comes up then it is oka.

flirt na flirt

aunty, which kain bible talk say coffee room flirt dey ok? grin
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by henry007(m): 11:30pm On Jun 22, 2008
dont bend the truth , flirting is not a phase abeg if a married woman flirts with her husband nko?flirting goes on and on till death so there's gat 2 be flirting inrespective of religion. . . . . . . . , , wats religion gat 2 do wit it anyway
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by PIN1: 3:31pm On Jun 23, 2008
It depends on what flirting means to you. If you see it as just being friendly and socializing even if it is with the opposite sex without any evil intentions, then it's alrite. As far as ur conscience doesn't prick u, it's alrite to flirt.
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by atutupoyo(f): 3:55pm On Jun 23, 2008
I really dont see what is wrong with flirting, people say I flirt naturally cos of the way my eyes are and d way I smile, Flirting I feel is a way of making one (d 2nd party) feel good with him/her self.
Cos husband and wife are meant to flirt with each other to add flavor into their relationship.
Flirting is different from lust, this I think should also be in little quantity in one's marriage.
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by Hardballer(m): 10:54am On Jun 27, 2008
how you gon find a partner if you dont??
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by tpia1: 6:23am On Nov 27, 2012
it depends.

doesnt really sound ok.

let me think about it.

I doubt most males (and females) wont expect something more from flirting. Isnt it supposed to lead somewhere?
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by tpia1: 6:25am On Nov 27, 2012
J UNIT: how are we supposed to get married then, :p

Hardballer: how you gon find a partner if you dont??

i think you can get married without flirting.
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by bigd4050: 7:17am On Nov 27, 2012
How is anyone going to be attracted to you if you don't flirt? You can't be a dull person who is serious all the time if you are trying to find a partner. Flirting is joking around, and its innocent. There is nothing wrong with being funny or trying to put your best foot forward.
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by tpia1: 7:18am On Nov 27, 2012
Doesnt flirting have a s.exual connotation?
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by bigd4050: 7:25am On Nov 27, 2012
No, it just means to try and attract someone. It is a way to make yourself stand out, and to show why the opposite sex should be paying attention to you, not someone else. It literally means to not be too serious. You can flirt sexually, but it doesn't explicitly mean that you are. For Christians, I would hope they know the difference.
Re: Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? by tpia5: 7:52am On Dec 31, 2012
flirt s.exually means what exactly?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master / "I'd Be A Christian If It Were Not For The Christians!" / Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.