Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Who should a spouse listen to in matters of life and death? Family or the spouse - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who should a spouse listen to in matters of life and death? Family or the spouse (4224 Views)

I Need Help! Its About Life And Death / The Best Place To Meet A Spouse / Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who should a spouse listen to in matters of life and death? Family or the spouse by Tgirl4real(f): 11:51am On Apr 05, 2012
Analytical: @Theblessed, thanks for your empathy! You sure understand. To say the least, it was devastating for all of us and we still feel the pain. How do you quantify the pain of family gathering months ago to celebrate wedding only to gather some months after for his burial? Tragic. You said it all.

God bless.

@Reference, the key phrase according to the topic is "in matters of life and death" and that changes a lot of things. I think it's beyond just the mental resources.

Seems the post has turned around giving emphasis to your loss, which is good anyway cos it takes the attention away from Ogo.
Re: Who should a spouse listen to in matters of life and death? Family or the spouse by Analytical(m): 1:28pm On Apr 05, 2012
I don't wish it turns out that way Tgirl4real, neither do I want to divert attention to my story (it's been some years now!). I mentioned it in my post to illustrate my point of view, especially since we were considering the "life and death" situations. I was hoping people will respond with their own examples of such situations to provide a rich discourse.

My apologies!
Re: Who should a spouse listen to in matters of life and death? Family or the spouse by Tgirl4real(f): 12:06pm On Apr 21, 2012
U need not apologise. I said twas a good thing.

Actually, sum'n like that happened yesterday. My bruv called to tell me his wife had just put to bed and none of us knew she was pregnant including my mum. You can imagine the shock. The funny thing is that we speak on phone regularly and he was still in lagos some weeks back. Is that kind of thing right? Esp in a close knitted family? Since they moved outta town, they have been secretive.

Anyway sha, mothers will always be mothers, my mum is already on her way there.
Re: Who should a spouse listen to in matters of life and death? Family or the spouse by Busybody2(f): 3:14am On Apr 22, 2012
Tgirl4real: U need not apologise. I said twas a good thing.

Actually, sum'n like that happened yesterday. My bruv called to tell me his wife had just put to bed and none of us knew she was pregnant including my mum. You can imagine the shock. The funny thing is that we speak on phone regularly and he was still in lagos some weeks back. Is that kind of thing right? Esp in a close knitted family? Since they moved outta town, they have been secretive.

Shuo, this one pass me oh. Unless your Brother is a closeed book, she obviously does not trust your family, na wah.

Or maybe she didn't know she was pregnant, you know some peep don't know they are pregnant, only to go to the toilet and see baby's head between their legs staring at them

@ Topic

The man shall leave his family. . . sayeth the Holy Book, innit?
Re: Who should a spouse listen to in matters of life and death? Family or the spouse by Tgirl4real(f): 2:26am On Apr 23, 2012
BB,

Na dem know. There is no reason for mistrust o. All na church influence. U no these churches that can scatter homes with their demonic prophecies. Lol
Re: Who should a spouse listen to in matters of life and death? Family or the spouse by Analytical(m): 8:03am On Apr 23, 2012
@Tgirl4real, it's definitely not right, especially since mama's presence is going to be needed the first few days/months after delivery. Even if they don't want to tell the rest of the family, your mum should have been informed so she can prepare adequately before time, instead of turning it to an emergency, thereby distrupting her own plans.
Re: Who should a spouse listen to in matters of life and death? Family or the spouse by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:14pm On Apr 23, 2012
Tgirl4real: U need not apologise. I said twas a good thing.

Some thing like this happened to one of my mom's younger brothers. They had been trusting the LORD for issue for sometime. Last year March, I was with my mum, who was driving and a text message came in. She told me to read the message for her since she was occupied. My uncle informed my mom his wife had just given birth. It was a complete shock for me since no one knew she was pregnent. I looked at the name of the sender, I was flabbergasted. I asked mumc the name she used in saving her brother's number, which was the one I saw in the sender's tab. We couldn't believe it. The news shocked everyone who heard.
Re: Who should a spouse listen to in matters of life and death? Family or the spouse by Tgirl4real(f): 1:35pm On Apr 23, 2012
Analytical: @Tgirl4real, it's definitely not right, especially since mama's presence is going to be needed the first few days/months after delivery. Even if they don't want to tell the rest of the family, your mum should have been informed so she can prepare adequately before time, instead of turning it to an emergency, thereby distrupting her own plans.

I tire o my broda. :/
Infact the rest of my siblings aint even bothered about the naming.
Re: Who should a spouse listen to in matters of life and death? Family or the spouse by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 25, 2012
Tgirl4real: BB,

Na dem know. There is no reason for mistrust o. All na church influence. U no these churches that can scatter homes with their demonic prophecies. Lol

I know those kind of churches they are always seeing one vision or the other before you know it people can't even make a simple decision without consulting pastor. @ topic not all issues should be tabled before the extended family, some issues if tabled before the extended family will not be fair to the spouse but any issue that involves serious medical procedure or weighty matters should not be strictly the spouse's business the family should be carried along because they also love their child or brother or sister.

Also for a lot of young couples, during counseling they are busy drumming it into their ears not to involve third parties in their marriage as a result of this many naïve people enter the marriage with wrong ideas of third party = evil. So they are overly zealous in protecting their young marriages.
Re: Who should a spouse listen to in matters of life and death? Family or the spouse by Tgirl4real(f): 10:36pm On Apr 29, 2012
andromid:
Also for a lot of young couples, during counseling they are busy drumming it into their ears not to involve third parties in their marriage as a result of this many naïve people enter the marriage with wrong ideas of third party = evil. So they are overly zealous in protecting their young marriages.
Hmmm... Dats anoda gud observation. I would think that the couples should be matured enough to know when to call third parties. Life n death issues should not be limited to the spouse only cos he/she myt be too stressed to make an objective decision.
Re: Who should a spouse listen to in matters of life and death? Family or the spouse by agiboma(f): 11:24pm On Apr 29, 2012
I would have to listen to my people, mother, sister etc.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Mother Cursed Me. / Help A Nairalander, She's Breastfeeding A 4months Baby, Now She's Pregnant. / Under Pressure To Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.