Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

SSS Parades Kidnappers Wearing Asho Ebi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SSS Parades Kidnappers Wearing Asho Ebi (1685 Views)

Army Parades Boko Haram Spy (photo) / Police parades 5 In Court Over Nyanya And Kuje Bombings / SSS Parades Boko-Haram Suspects Including A University Lecturer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SSS Parades Kidnappers Wearing Asho Ebi by nanos: 6:30pm On Mar 30, 2012
Abuja — Seven suspected members of a kidnap syndicate accused of complicity in the abduction of one Mohammed Khamis, a United Arab Emirates national, who was lured into the country for a phantom business transaction, were yesterday paraded in Abuja by the State Security Service, SSS.

The suspects reportedly held Khamis hostage for about 60 days at Aboriogun village in Ikoyi town, Isokan Local Government Area of Osun State, feeding him with fruits on the orders of other masterminds who are still at large.

The SSS said it was still on the trail of four other persons identified as the masterminds of the abduction of Khamis whom they lured to visit Nigeria on January 20, 2012 for a ghost business transaction using a fake company, Finuche Investments.

The suspects paraded were Ojo Ibrahim Ajibade, a 29 year-old spare parts dealer; Lamidi Akinkunmi, a 29-year-old video cameraman who also practices voodoo; Olasunkanmi Temitope (a.k.a. Rasky), a 22-year-old saw mill worker and Nuremi Lamidi, another saw mill operator aged 25.

Others are Siyanbade Musibau Olalekan, a 29-year-old plank trader; Jelili Ajagungbade Adeleke (a.k.a. Owuye), a 33-year-old driver; and Saka Kashim, a 27-year-old motorcycle mechanic, who admitted to have taken the hostage on a motor cycle to Ibadan.

Parading the suspects before journalists in Abuja, Deputy Director, Public Relations of the State Security Service, Marilyn Ogar, said all suspects confessed to taking the foreigner hostage and would soon be charged to court while further investigations aimed at tracking and apprehending those at large continue.

Ogar said: "On January 20, 2012, one Mohammed Khamis Majed Ishmael Al Ali, a United Arab Emirates national, who was lured to visit Nigeria for a phantom business transaction by a fake company, Finuche Investments, was abducted by a kidnap syndicate and held hostage for about 60 days at Aboriogun village in Ikoyi town, Isokan LGA of Osun State.

"Upon receipt of the report of Khamis' abduction, this service immediately initiated investigation. However, Khamis was released by his abductors on March 19, 2012 and dropped off in Ibadan.

"Consequently, on March 20, 2012, operatives of the service arrested the following persons aged between 22- 33 years in connection with the abduction."

Ogar, however, did not disclose where the suspected kidnappers were apprehended nor the current whereabouts of the Arab expatriate.

Worried that Khamis was held in the Osun community for two months without his presence being noticed or reported by residents, Ogar implored members of the public to be wary of suspicious activities in their localities while expressing the determination of security agencies to rid the society of crimes and criminality.

Quizzed by newsmen, two of the suspects who spoke in Yoruba language, Ojo Ibrahim Ajibade and Lamidi Akinkunmi, denied that they were kidnappers, claiming they were only hired by one Teslim Raji suspected to be one of the masterminds at large who paid them an undisclosed sum of money to "guard" and cater for the hostage whom they fed for about 60 days with oranges, apples, banana and sardine.

The suspects said they got frustrated when they no longer heard from their employers and ran out of money for Khamis' upkeep, after which they all contributed N2,000 and commissioned a member of the gang to transport the hostage on motorcycle to Ibadan where he was eventually released.

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/69790-sss-parades-kidnappers-wearing-asho-ebi.html

http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/1232-sss-parades-seven-suspected-kidnappers-of-arab-businessman

Re: SSS Parades Kidnappers Wearing Asho Ebi by nanos: 6:31pm On Mar 30, 2012
Asho ebi, the Yoruba dress, is the national dress for kidnapping in Nigeria shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: SSS Parades Kidnappers Wearing Asho Ebi by AndreUweh(m): 7:24pm On Mar 30, 2012
They all deserve to die.
Re: SSS Parades Kidnappers Wearing Asho Ebi by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 30, 2012
Edioots.
Re: SSS Parades Kidnappers Wearing Asho Ebi by Yeske2(m): 7:33pm On Mar 30, 2012
Hmmm!
Anyway for the records.
Re: SSS Parades Kidnappers Wearing Asho Ebi by Dede1(m): 7:41pm On Mar 30, 2012
@POST

When one listens to loudmouthed nitwits on this forum, one hardly realize that kidnapping has reached the stage of wearing uniform (Asho Ebi) to execute in Yoruba land. Oti oo!!!

This is taking the act of kidnapping to another level.
Re: SSS Parades Kidnappers Wearing Asho Ebi by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 30, 2012
They should be shot.
Re: SSS Parades Kidnappers Wearing Asho Ebi by Dede1(m): 7:43pm On Mar 30, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Edioots.

Please, take it easy on them. They are also societal products.
Re: SSS Parades Kidnappers Wearing Asho Ebi by Yeske2(m): 8:07pm On Mar 30, 2012
Dede1: @POST

When one listens to loudmouthed nitwits on this forum, one hardly realize that kidnapping has reached the stage of wearing uniform (Asho Ebi) to execute in Yoruba land. Oti oo!!!

I can't agree more and this new level is way too high.
Re: SSS Parades Kidnappers Wearing Asho Ebi by nanos: 8:16pm On Mar 30, 2012
Dede1: @POST

Duh! Kidnapping is a new phenomenon in SE and SS (no more than 10 years or so) but it has always been there in the SW. Do you know the meaning of gbomogbomo?
Re: SSS Parades Kidnappers Wearing Asho Ebi by nanos: 3:08pm On Mar 31, 2012
Hahaha!! Asho ebi kidnappers
Re: SSS Parades Kidnappers Wearing Asho Ebi by jamace(m): 3:20pm On Mar 31, 2012
Hmmnn. Ingenuity in the wrong direction. God save Naija.
Re: SSS Parades Kidnappers Wearing Asho Ebi by musiwa46: 3:35pm On Mar 31, 2012
the use of nigeria cloth should be encourage by the government. I think. It is a nice idea by the SSS to use nigeria cloth . Even if possible in school too. that way, it encourage people to buy local made cloth.
Re: SSS Parades Kidnappers Wearing Asho Ebi by achi4u(m): 3:45pm On Mar 31, 2012
same post!!!
some one says the Yorubas can't do without ashe ebi in every occasion and he listed them this way:
marriage ceremony____ashe ebi
child naming_______ashe ebi
buying of motorcycle__ashe ebi
passing ur waec/neco__ashe ebi
completing your apprentiship__ashe
and now KIDNAPPING___asho ebigringrin

...I lov my Yoruba brodas 0000
Re: SSS Parades Kidnappers Wearing Asho Ebi by oduasolja: 3:47pm On Mar 31, 2012
stupid igbos.

why dont u focus on solving your fucking problems.
Re: SSS Parades Kidnappers Wearing Asho Ebi by Dede1(m): 4:20pm On Mar 31, 2012
nanos:

Duh! Kidnapping is a new phenomenon in SE and SS (no more than 10 years or so) but it has always been there in the SW. Do you know the meaning of gbomogbomo?

I do know what it means and not coined by Ndigbo. My irk rests with the loudmouthed punks of Yoruba descent who will blow their incoherent horns the moment an incident of kidnapping takes place in Igbo land. Yet they forgot that act of kidnapping has its roots in Yoruba land. In the light of this latest Asho ebi-styled kidnapping in Yoruba land, the peeps from Yoruba land must learn to be modest when loathing about societal decadence from another section of Nigeria.
Re: SSS Parades Kidnappers Wearing Asho Ebi by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 31, 2012
Dede1:

I do know what it means and not coined by Ndigbo. My irk rests with the loudmouthed punks of Yoruba descent who will blow their incoherent horns the moment an incident of kidnapping takes place in Igbo land. Yet they forgot that act of kidnapping has its roots in Yoruba land. In the light of this latest Asho ebi-styled kidnapping in Yoruba land, the peeps from Yoruba land must learn to be modest when loathing about societal decadence from another section of Nigeria.

Because Yorubas has a word for kidnapping means it originated from Yorubaland? I am tired of you guys! All the people ever eaten by ibos willingly surrendered themselves? Maybe you call it hunting in iboland, perhaps that is why you have no word for it.
Re: SSS Parades Kidnappers Wearing Asho Ebi by dayokanu(m): 5:11pm On Mar 31, 2012
Igbos are m0r0nic anyways

Yorubas have a name for electricity, they call it mona mona means they invented it.

They have a name for motor vehicle as Oko ayokele means they inventd it.

Well the national record for kidnapping still lies with Osisikankwu , Ritual killing with Vincent Duru Otokoto, Cannibalism with Clifford Orji and 419 with Nwude and Anajemba
Re: SSS Parades Kidnappers Wearing Asho Ebi by johnie: 10:08pm On Mar 31, 2012
That is SSS's style.

Ever since you people (Nlanders and others)complained that some of the people they paraded and accused of being bombers were "armless" (https://www.nairaland.com/749052/sss-unveils-suspects-behind-un#9051013), I have noticed that SSS has resorted to wearing "& co." for suspects.

Check out these funky Boko Haramists
pic 1: Alleged kidnappers of the killed Briton and Italian
Pic 2: Usman Al-Zawahiri
pic 3: Sokoto

Re: SSS Parades Kidnappers Wearing Asho Ebi by johnie: 10:18pm On Mar 31, 2012
Remember the "armless" bombers?

Re: SSS Parades Kidnappers Wearing Asho Ebi by johnie: 10:29pm On Mar 31, 2012
Na designer jeans and shorts (e.g. PUMA) dem dey take bling Boko Harams and [i]Aso Ebi[/i]s for SWeners

grin
Re: SSS Parades Kidnappers Wearing Asho Ebi by Nobody: 10:50pm On Mar 31, 2012
musiwa.:
the use of nigeria cloth should be encourage by the government. I think. It is a nice idea by the SSS to use nigeria cloth . Even if possible in school too. that way, it encourage people to buy local made cloth.

grin grin Lmao grin grin

I swear you dey craze.

(1) (Reply)

We Will Deal With Atiku, G5 Governors, Says Tukur / ‘old’ PDP House Of Reps’ Members Gets $25,000 Each To Impeach Speaker Tambuwal / Peter Obi( APGA) Ordered The Killing Of Over 2000 Igbos(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.