Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

For The Weary And Tired Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For The Weary And Tired Christian (975 Views)

Pastors And Alfa Asked Me To Bring Money For Deliverance-i'm Tired / I Am Tired Of Going To Church / Are You Weary And Burdened? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For The Weary And Tired Christian by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 30, 2012
"I’ve got a lot on my mind today, too much for blogging. I am grateful, though, for memorized Scripture. The following Psalm has also been especially precious. I post it here in the King James Version, first, because that’s how I memorized it, and second, because my preferred (for accuracy) NASB is no more accurate, and utterly destroys the poetry." -Source

Psalm 121

A Song of degrees

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

2[b] My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth[/b].

3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.

4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.

6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.

7 The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.

8 The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore. "
Re: For The Weary And Tired Christian by Goshen360(m): 7:47pm On Mar 30, 2012
Sure bro. We have also being talking about other bible translations recently. Christians really have to stick to Kjv or Nkjv. Nice thread. God bless you.
Re: For The Weary And Tired Christian by Akanniade(m): 8:28pm On Mar 30, 2012
I comfort myself with these words in hopeless situations:

Isaiah 40:27-31
King James Version (KJV)
27Why sayest thou, O Jacob, and speakest, O Israel, My way is hid from the LORD, and my judgment is passed over from my God?

28Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

29He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.

30Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:

31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Re: For The Weary And Tired Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:39pm On Mar 30, 2012
frosbel: "I’ve got a lot on my mind today, too much for blogging. I am grateful, though, for memorized Scripture. The following Psalm has also been especially precious. I post it here in the King James Version, first, because that’s how I memorized it, and second, because my preferred (for accuracy) NASB is no more accurate, and utterly destroys the poetry." -Source

Psalm 121

A Song of degrees

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

2[b] My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth[/b].

3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.

4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.

6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.

7 The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.

8 The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore. "

You can sing along with the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir as this also helps to memorise the song of degrees.

"My Help Cometh from the Lord (Psalms 121)" by the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2nQALWDStA

Lyrics:

[Verse:]
I will lift up mine eyes to the hills
from whence cometh my help,
my help cometh from the Lord,
the Lord which made Heaven and Earth.

He said He will not suffer thy foot,
thy foot to be moved;
the Lord which keepeth thee,
He will not slumber nor sleep.

Bridge
For the Lord is thy keeper,
the Lord is thy shade
upon thy right hand,
upon thy right hand.

Nor the sun shall not smite thee by day,
nor the moon by night,
He shall preserve thy soul
even forever more.

[Chorus:]
My help, my help, my help,
all of my help cometh from the Lord.

[Verse]

[Bridge]

[Chorus]

[Bridge]

[Chorus]

[Vamp:]

[Altos:]
Lift up mine eyes,

[Sopranos:]
lift up mine eyes,

[Altos:]
unto the hills,

[Tenors:]
He is my strength,

[All:]
All of my help cometh from the Lord.

[Chorus]
Re: For The Weary And Tired Christian by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 30, 2012
Thank you Brothers , much appreciated.

Our God is able.
Re: For The Weary And Tired Christian by dnarowpath: 7:20pm On Mar 31, 2012
For there is hope for a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not
cease.-Job 14:7
Re: For The Weary And Tired Christian by dnarowpath: 9:51pm On Apr 03, 2012
Although the fig tree may not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines; though the labour of the olive may fail, and the fields yield no food; Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, and there be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and He will make me to walk upon my high places. -Habakkuk 3:17-19

1 Like

Re: For The Weary And Tired Christian by LogicMind: 1:04pm On Apr 04, 2012
when was the last time you saw a psychiatrist frosbel?

(1) (Reply)

How To Grasp God's Word. (4 Easy Steps) / Are You In A Cult ? - Characteristics Associated With Cultic Groups - Revised / Is It Wrong For Born Again Xtians To Sell Or Trade With Alcoholic Drinks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.