Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,799 members, 7,844,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

NL People --------pls Help In My Pending POWER Project - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NL People --------pls Help In My Pending POWER Project (1616 Views)

Fashola Commissions Peninsula Integrated Power Project. . PICS... / Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project. / 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL People --------pls Help In My Pending POWER Project by Beaf: 10:44pm On Apr 01, 2012
nwabobo: @beaf,

I'm surprised this guy could 'April fool' you as well. Dude is talking about political power and not electrical.

I cannot judge, that is left for the patent office or the consumer. What is most important is too help any Nigerian, African or black to know certain things. Also, you never know, this thread might be of immense benefit to one or two others.
Re: NL People --------pls Help In My Pending POWER Project by EZEKWIBE(m): 3:06pm On Apr 04, 2012
Firstly, UK patents are very credible indeed.
Is good to here that from your own person who seem to understand how it works, by the way am sorry for not replying quicker am not very frequent on Nairaland

As for posting on NL; NEVER publicly disclose an invention you wish to patent or you will destroy its patentability.
well the things I wanted to post on Nairaland are not the very things I wanted to patent, I build a lot of things[Ranging from Motor bike, vehicle, Earoplane, Supersonic jet, scaled down Engine] some I want to patent but some I would probably not patent, I only want to patent things that are totally unique, I mean actual invention, please note things i build are scaled down they are not life size but some are quite big while some are not, for example one of my supersonic jet i Built has a length of 180cm with a wing span of 140cm.

https://www.nairaland.com/229968/made-this-motorbike-bare-hands this motorbike I posted on this thread I made it when I was in Russia by then i was not exposed to the standard of materials people use here in the west for making stuff or the techniques been used, so I was ashamed of posting it because i considered it to look Igbotic but when i posted it i was surprised the grouse some nairalanders have with me is that the motorbike looked so streamlined that they thought I wouldn't have made it manually. well is down to exposure because one of the greatest invention the Jet Engine is still today made manually even at Rolsroyce.

When I say "free for the first year," it means you are allowed to a full year before paying and completing a full patent application in the UK. In other words, you would be making a partial application for the benefit of "patent pending" protection. Very importantly, you will get an early filing date, long before the patent application is completed. The patent itself would take another 18 months or so after the completion of the application (this does not affect your filing date), it is only after that that you would have to pay maintainance fees yearly.

Yeah that is pretty close to what i was thinking.

The barest minimum you need to make the application are:

1. A detailed description
2. Drawings

Won't be a problem then.

You should get these through the door as soon as possible. The website for the UK patent office is: http://www.ipo.gov.uk/
Study what is available on that website and ask them about any intricate details you are not sure of.

Also be aware that the country you choose to patent in should suit your marketing strategy. The US and UK are good places to aqcuire patents as a first step to a more comprehensive portfolio targetted at a region or the whole World.

If you have the money at this time, you could visit an IP lawyer and get them to handle things. The process I've outlined so far is the poor mans route, which will give you room to wriggle and hussle your invention to success before any real payment becomes due.

Lastly, you do not need engineering drawings for patents.

Further info (you will find more docs on the http://www.ipo.gov.uk website): http://www.ipo.gov.uk/p-apply.pdf

(Report Post) (Quote Post) Like

thanks for all the information's and the sites you posted they are quite awesome and kakraz tends to my need would have to read them thoroughly.
Re: NL People --------pls Help In My Pending POWER Project by EZEKWIBE(m): 3:25pm On Apr 04, 2012
Beaf when I saw the Pdf guide I think God will definitely bless you ,thanks a lot once again.
Re: NL People --------pls Help In My Pending POWER Project by Beaf: 12:52am On Apr 05, 2012
EZEKWIBE: Beaf when I saw the Pdf guide I think God will definitely bless you ,thanks a lot once again.

Thanks a mil, bro.
Goodluck with what you are doing (by the way, I saw the bike you made and I'm very impressed).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Ojukwu Joined A Northern Party – An Opinion / Africans Are Lazy Intellectuals And Gullible. / Has Anyone Seen Shekau's 'I Am Alive' Video?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.