Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,216 members, 7,822,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Funny But True To Life Superstitions - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Funny But True To Life Superstitions (24751 Views)

Funny But True African Proverbs / Funny But Wise African Proverbs. / Do You Believe In These Superstitions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by valencia25(m): 12:42pm On Apr 02, 2012
yuzedo: If you see a kite, hawk, eagle or any bird of prey flying in the sky, simply loop both your index fingers and point at the bird like you would aim a catapult and boom, that avian is going to swoop down to the earth and touch the ground . . .
THAT. SH.IT. WORKS!!!!

I remember this too
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by pistol: 12:44pm On Apr 02, 2012
D
lilkech: in those years in lagos anytime we saw cattle eaglets flying in the sky we would raise our hands to them and wave our fingers furiously while singing something like "se-ke-le-ke, se-ke-le-ke sometin sometin" and just like magic by the time the birds fly by we would have white streaks in most of our finger nails.

This one works 100%

feel free to quote me

my bro dats vry true o,after u must hv been true waving ur fingers at d cattle eaglets and some silly song like seke leke take my dirty finger nail and gv me ur sparking white own...Like play like play,white spots will appear on ur fingers...Nawoo,i wonder d scientific explanation behind this
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by Dyt(f): 12:47pm On Apr 02, 2012
Dey made me blv if I'm walkin n hit my left leg dat means dere ll b bad luck bt if its wit d right leg, den lots of gd luck
Well
I still blv in it

1 Like

Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by valencia25(m): 12:47pm On Apr 02, 2012
When Male and Female Dog are having sex, you take a nail to the soil close to the two Dogs and Nailed down... They will both get stuck together for eternity if you decide not to remove it, anyone tried this?

1 Like

Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by sylve11: 12:54pm On Apr 02, 2012
lilkech: in those years in lagos anytime we saw cattle eaglets flying in the sky we would raise our hands to them and wave our fingers furiously while singing something like "se-ke-le-ke, se-ke-le-ke sometin sometin" and just like magic by the time the birds fly by we would have white streaks in most of our finger nails.

This one works 100%

feel free to quote me

so true.

cool cool
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by In4MATIC1: 12:54pm On Apr 02, 2012
slimyem: -if a girl pounds an empty mortar,her biyest would become saggy!
-if someone is set out to punish you and you want him/her to forget,remove an eyelash and put it in your hair!cheesy cheesy cheesy
SO TRUE, SEEN IT WORK MANY TIMES SINCE CHILDHOOD. ALWAYS AMAZES ME.
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by sylve11: 12:55pm On Apr 02, 2012
pistol: D

my bro dats vry true o,after u must hv been true waving ur fingers at d cattle eaglets and some silly song like seke leke take my dirty finger nail and gv me ur sparking white own...Like play like play,white spots will appear on ur fingers...Nawoo,i wonder d scientific explanation behind this

hmm hmm, science nor go fit prove this one o! cool
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by sample042(m): 1:01pm On Apr 02, 2012
[quote author=lilkech]in those years in lagos anytime we saw cattle eaglets flying in the sky we would raise our hands to them and wave our fingers furiously while singing something like "se-ke-le-ke, se-ke-le-ke sometin sometin" and just like magic by the time the birds fly by we would have white streaks in most of our finger nails.
@lil, na pure superstitous belief. I did it severally as a kid nothn appeared on ma fing nails, lol.
Ma granny always tel me to drnk a cup of h2o in bits 4 five tmx weneva am having constipatn (otuturu), lol.

A baby suffrn 4rm convulsion s forcefully attachd a spoon in hs/her mouth or wit d use of a razor blade he/she wil b gvn marks on d face to to stop d convulsion. O boy d mark stl d ma face til date even as an adult, lol.
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by sample042(m): 1:01pm On Apr 02, 2012

This one works 100%

feel free to quote me
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by dabrake(m): 1:03pm On Apr 02, 2012
Whenever my mum's left hand scratches her, it means she would spend unexpected money. If it's her right hand, it means she will get unexpected money. Works 150% sure for her
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by Ninapha(f): 1:04pm On Apr 02, 2012
[quote author=lilkech]in those years in lagos anytime we saw cattle eaglets flying in the sky we would raise our hands to them and wave our fingers furiously while singing something like "se-ke-le-ke, se-ke-le-ke sometin sometin" and just like magic by the time the birds fly by we would have white streaks in most of our finger nails.

se-ke-ke-le-ke nyem nbo ocha were nbo ojii grin grin grin

My aunt once took us girls to a certain anthill and said we should dance and that after we wd have strech-marks on our waistlines that it adds to a woman's beauty. I refused cos i was so afraid of the name she called it. "EMUMO" then it sounded UMUMMO"(Spirit children) to me. My other cousins developed stretch marks with time but to me it was not beautiful as she made us believe
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by In4MATIC1: 1:04pm On Apr 02, 2012
valencia25: When Male and Female Dog are having sex, you take a nail to the soil close to the two Dogs and Nailed down... They will both get stuck together for eternity if you decide not to remove it, anyone tried this?
saw it done once by some friends but the dogs managed to untangle themselves after a while despite the nail in the ground. Was't soo impressed by the barbaric intent
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by dubem3(m): 1:05pm On Apr 02, 2012
dayokanu: If you wan grow beards rub methylated spirit on your chin

in my case the methylated spirit drove them back in...beards took forever to show up
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by timpaker(m): 1:07pm On Apr 02, 2012
i was made to believe that whenever i've got hiccups that i should put a thread or rope around my head and it'll stop instantly,
but it does work, i've seen it work on little babies cool

1 Like

Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by dubem3(m): 1:08pm On Apr 02, 2012

This one works 100%

feel free to quote me

wallahi i still cannot explain how that one works but it sure does
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 02, 2012
slimyem: when i was young my age-mates and i were just developing boobies,we heard stories that if we wanted 'em boobies to be bigger,we should find a certain species of beetle and rub it on the neeples.
Dunno if it ever worked for anyone though!
It sure didn't work for U grin
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by In4MATIC1: 1:10pm On Apr 02, 2012
If your right hand scrathes you, money is coming but if you left scratches you, you'll definitley be spending some dough unexpectedly.
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by pistol: 1:13pm On Apr 02, 2012
sylve11:

hmm hmm, science nor go fit prove this one o! cool

how then did it happen,dia must be a strong emperical reason/explanation for 4 it because it is 500% true and am at a loss on how it happens
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by badmrkt(m): 1:17pm On Apr 02, 2012
i was told never to look @mirror @night.they never told the consequence of doing that.
my granny told me never to whistle @night that i'll invite evil spirits
my momma told me to keep a distance from 9ja girls that they're bloody gold-diggers.
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 02, 2012
If you masturbate frequently, you'll go blind, and grow hairs on your palm. So far I've not experienced either.
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 02, 2012
dekung:

If you whistle at night a snake would pay you a visit
!
How is that even possible when when snakes are deaf?
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by mkmyers45(m): 1:26pm On Apr 02, 2012
SimonAndal: If you masturbate frequently, you'll go blind, and grow hairs on your palm. So far I've not experienced either.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by angelz(f): 1:30pm On Apr 02, 2012
they are mere supertition, but it works 4 dos wu bliv
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by Adechyno(m): 1:32pm On Apr 02, 2012
Those dayz, wen dear mama is in da Kitchen cookin' ąπ∂ †ђع stove(fire) is burnin extremely faster... She will say 'Ama ni awon Alejo ni eni'(we gonna av Visitors today)... Beleiv m̶̲̥̅ƹ, b4 yu knw# Visitorz don show... Ąπ∂ It stil workz# Who can concur to dese?
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by newacca: 1:35pm On Apr 02, 2012
when I was young I was told dat if a lunatic comes to ur shop/workplace very early in d morning pleading 4 money and u give him/her u will have a wonderful day. It work sometimes. cheesy

I was told that if u put leave on ur mouth in the presence of d deaf&dump man,he will beat you.. A close friend tried it and the deaf/dump guy explained(In writing)that it means nothing! funny enough he is older and stronger than my friend and I . cheesy grin He didn't beat him. He even laughed at us.
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by dubem3(m): 1:39pm On Apr 02, 2012
if you get pepper in your eyes, lick a good quantity of salt and the pains will subside.
worked like magic. mumsy told me after she must have had a good laugh.

get a short strand of thread from the cloth of a hiccuping baby and put on the baby's head to stop hiccups.
that works too.

pour salt into the fire and put your food on it if you happened to put in too much salt.
contact me if it works.
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by Coefficient(m): 1:39pm On Apr 02, 2012
That eyelash thingy works 100%. I did it countless times to make my dad and teacher forget my numerous 'heinous' crimes back then and it worked like magic!
Am even planning to use it for my boss anytime soongrin

The Lekeleke thing works too. Good ol'days!
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by jspac(m): 1:41pm On Apr 02, 2012
slimyem: when i was young my age-mates and i were just developing boobies,we heard stories that if we wanted 'em boobies to be bigger,we should find a certain species of beetle and rub it on the neeples.
Dunno if it ever worked for anyone though!
so how big are your b00bs now? undecided
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by Fairgodwin(m): 1:41pm On Apr 02, 2012

This one works 100%

feel free to quote me
honestly, this one worked! It was leke-leke give me five or ten fingers we used to sing during my time.
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 02, 2012
Here are a few:
*if you spit on the ground and you don't cover it up with sand, and some fellow steps on it, you're bound to have sore throat.
*if you have sex in the afternoon, you'll birth an albino.
*if you're pregnant and you eat plantain, your child's head will have ridges. If you eat okra or snail, the child will be sluggish and drooling!
*If you're lying or sitting down and you're pregnant, and someone crosses over you, your child will look like the person.
*if you're pregnant and you go out @ noon without a piece of metal or rock, evil children will enter your womb and you'll birth them.

2 Likes

Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by chux76(m): 1:51pm On Apr 02, 2012
[/quote]

This one works 100%

feel free to quote me

Yeah,I 100% agree wit u on d cattle egret stint. When we see them flying overhead..we wave our 10 fingers and sing "Leke leke give me white fingers" as many times as we can while the flight is in progress,and it works all d time. Me n my peeps had white markings all over our nails back then...its all cleared now though...but as I read your post i just smiled and wondered what made it happen so...Life's Mysteries
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by jspac(m): 1:52pm On Apr 02, 2012

This one works 100%

feel free to quote me
Hell yeah it worked for me back then. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Devil's Bean Plant - Werepe / Ooni Ogunwusi At Maryland Grand Ball - See Photos / 2021 Igede Carnival In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.