Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,931 members, 7,810,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Funny But True To Life Superstitions - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Funny But True To Life Superstitions (24718 Views)

Funny But True African Proverbs / Funny But Wise African Proverbs. / Do You Believe In These Superstitions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by jebbi: 1:52pm On Apr 02, 2012
If a woman keeps falling while pregnant,she'll give birth to a baby girl.happened to me and a friend.
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by jspac(m): 1:53pm On Apr 02, 2012
yuzedo: If you see a kite, hawk, eagle or any bird of prey flying in the sky, simply loop both your index fingers and point at the bird like you would aim a catapult and boom, that avian is going to swoop down to the earth and touch the ground . . .
THAT. SH.IT. WORKS!!!!
This explains your profile signature.
So birds are your worst fear cheesy
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by dubem3(m): 1:57pm On Apr 02, 2012
tie the tip of the elephant grass for people forget your offence.
can't tell if this works cos i later found that my dad for whom i did
this did not remember your offence past when he hears of it.
so once your not there when he finds out your offence
weather or not you tie the elephant grass, he will forget.
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by Phardeelah: 1:58pm On Apr 02, 2012
Fairgodwin: honestly, this one worked! It was leke-leke give me five or ten fingers we used to sing during my time.
. It is lekeleke bami leke, eye atata bamileke. I later discovered dt it's lack of a particular vitamin

1 Like

Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by Soocool1(m): 2:00pm On Apr 02, 2012
After watching spiderman for the first time, i believed that if i got bitten by a spider i would become spiderman. ol boy, by d tym i nak head 4 ground say i dey jump, ma brain reformat. that was how i knew that all superheroes were fictional

4 Likes

Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 02, 2012
valencia25:

sincerely I totally Agree with this, expecting someone to prove this wrong?

lilkech: in those years in lagos anytime we saw cattle eaglets flying in the sky we would raise our hands to them and wave our fingers furiously while singing something like "se-ke-le-ke, se-ke-le-ke sometin sometin" and just like magic by the time the birds fly by we would have white streaks in most of our finger nails.

This one works 100%

feel free to quote me

Sincerely, are the two of u from anywhere near Isuochi, cos i remeber doing that stuff while growing up nd it seems it works.
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by KAYD007(m): 2:11pm On Apr 02, 2012
^^^
grin grin grin
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by Fairgodwin(m): 2:19pm On Apr 02, 2012
Phardeelah: . It is lekeleke bami leke, eye atata bamileke. I later discovered dt it's lack of a particular vitamin
i attended a primary school in some part of Edo State, in the 90's, and that was how we used to sing it over there.
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by ayotoyin(f): 2:26pm On Apr 02, 2012
Phardeelah: . It is lekeleke bami leke, eye atata bamileke. I later discovered dt it's lack of a particular vitamin
It Couldn't have been due to lack of Vitamin cos it does worked for almost everybody on this thread and it's still funny though
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by sheyee(m): 2:31pm On Apr 02, 2012
[quote author=sample042][/quote]
Confirmed.
If i have a boil in any part of my body and apply my ear dirts on it, it disappears after sometime

1 Like

Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by sweetguy10(m): 2:37pm On Apr 02, 2012
I have always wondered what scientific explanation can be made for that white-dot-on-fingers phenomenon . It happened to me when I was a kid as well , "Leke leke gimme 10 fingers" and Voila ! white dots appears on our fingers , till date I still wonder what caused it , everlasting mystery that will be I guess .

Lots and Lots , will come back to write them later I am very busy at the moment wink
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by crackhouse(m): 2:44pm On Apr 02, 2012
mazaje: While growing up in kano, we have this black substance called kuwalli. ..We were told that if we put it on our eye lash, any girl that makes eye contact with us will automatically fall in love with us. . .I tried it many times and it failed. . grin
hmm U wan chase woman abi? Olodo.
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by rastamouse: 2:47pm On Apr 02, 2012
What if today is your last day on earth? Make a decision today on your eternity. http://heavenandhellstories..com/
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by Nellyd(f): 2:48pm On Apr 02, 2012
if u kill a spider at night u wud pee on ur pant while sleeping. Wz scared of killing a spider cos i didnt wana pee on my pant but some of my kid friends who did sais they experienced d peeing.
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by lilkech(m): 2:50pm On Apr 02, 2012
that ' se ke le ke ' stuff is undisputed.

another one i confirmed was anytime you observe 2 fully grown roosters (male fowls)
fighting and there is a female (hen) nearby, just find a long 5inch concrete nail, draw a perimeter (circle) around the fighting fowls and stick the nail in the ground inside the same circle. IT ONLY WORKS IF THE FOWLS ARE FIGHTING OVER A HEN.

as in ehn . . . those chickens will fight to the death

someone try it, its a 150% guaranteed

quote me on this
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by brainpulse: 2:54pm On Apr 02, 2012
dekung: If you wash your hands with a particular native soap while having a bout with stomach pain you will be relieved

If you stand on a motar while it raining you will get struck by lightening

If you whistle at night a snake would pay you a visit

This last one made me realise most things are sheer coincidence:
When my daughter turned 10 months, my mother in law was worried that she has not started walking so she went to the village and complained to some people who told her to get white chalk, ground it into powder and mix it with soap. She was to bath my daughter using the mixture of soap, chalk, administered with a local sponge and her body should be rinsed with water warmed by the morning sunlight. she brought the chalk and native and local sponge but for one reason or the other she couldnt perform the silly ritual before she went back home but she promised to come back the following week and bathe for my daughter. Before that week ran out, my daughter had started walking. Assuming she bathed her with the chalky mixture and my girl starts walking she would have been propagating the news that it was the chalk and luke (sunny) warm water.
This is how superstition is birthed!

You dont know maybe she did it in secrete
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by yuzedo: 3:00pm On Apr 02, 2012
If you say "its getting hot in here" 3 times into a mirror, Nelly appears and puts plaster on your cheek.
Try it, it works!!! angry angry angry
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by ayotoyin(f): 3:00pm On Apr 02, 2012
brainpulse:

You dont know maybe she did it in secrete
lo.....that's a million question, may be mama too is laughing behind you because you never mentioned to us what eventually stopped her from performing all what she went to the village to prepere?
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by Gertynk: 3:01pm On Apr 02, 2012
If pepper got into ur eyes lick some salt and it will stop. If a child is hicouping, draw a wool from d child's cloth placed it on his/her head and it will stop. If you have boil on your ampit, place ur fingers on d boil and smell repeat severally and d boil will vernish
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by swiftycool(m): 3:07pm On Apr 02, 2012
There's this one about if u have hicups, draw in a deep breadth and hold it in while mouthing the words of d poem black blacK black sheep 5 to 6 times quite fast before releasing your breadth. After this the hicup completely vanishes. U don't believe? Try it and get back to us wink

1 Like

Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by Dandy1(m): 3:20pm On Apr 02, 2012
slimyem: when i was young my age-mates and i were just developing boobies,we heard stories that if we wanted 'em boobies to be bigger,we should find a certain species of beetle and rub it on the neeples.
Dunno if it ever worked for anyone though!

I know this one.That insect is not a beetle,it is called ant-tapper(kuluso).They live in conical(cone shaped) holes formed in dusty or fine sandy grounds which are meant to trap ants
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by slimyem: 3:26pm On Apr 02, 2012
wow!
Seems like everybody had a thing with the lekeleke and white finger dots.
I did too and its mysterious till date!
-i testify to the one about using two fingers to pull down a flying bird too.
Funny!
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by slimyem: 3:28pm On Apr 02, 2012
apocalypse:

The question is did it work for you ?
i didnt find the beetle.
My biyests are as real as ever! cheesy cheesy
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by basking4me: 3:30pm On Apr 02, 2012
If you sleep with another man's wife, You will get stuck inside and die.

I pick race, no need trying it..

If it works for you pl let us have your experience!. grin
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by slimyem: 3:30pm On Apr 02, 2012
apocalypse:

That shouldn't be much of a myth , imagine the sheer velocity of the moving biyest while pounding the mortar , empty or not , and you can get an idea why it will go saggy
oh well...... cheesy
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by bluejeff(m): 3:31pm On Apr 02, 2012
If your biscuit or groundnut falls on the ground, match it to powder least the devil eats it. * If your tooth comes off, rap it on a paper and throw it on the roof, least a lizard sees it and swallows it and your tooth wld never grow back. The lekeke thing did worked.

2 Likes

Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by slimyem: 3:32pm On Apr 02, 2012
valencia25: When Male and Female Dog are having sex, you take a nail to the soil close to the two Dogs and Nailed down... They will both get stuck together for eternity if you decide not to remove it, anyone tried this?
sounds like some real diabolical shyt!

1 Like

Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by Dandy1(m): 3:33pm On Apr 02, 2012
dabrake: Whenever my mum's left hand scratches her, it means she would spend unexpected money. If it's her right hand, it means she will get unexpected money. Works 150% sure for her

You mean whenever it ''itches'' her? I've heard that one too before
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by sylve11: 3:36pm On Apr 02, 2012
SimonAndal: If you masturbate frequently, you'll go blind, and grow hairs on your palm. So far I've not experienced either.

lol! grin cool cool
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by slimyem: 3:36pm On Apr 02, 2012
Coefficient: That eyelash thingy works 100%. I did it countless times to make my dad and teacher forget my numerous 'heinous' crimes back then and it worked like magic!
Am even planning to use it for my boss anytime soongrin

The Lekeleke thing works too. Good ol'days!
hmmn...someone has done some real wrong!
Tell us maybe?grin
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by basking4me: 3:37pm On Apr 02, 2012
The throw your tooth with 7 stones thing was trouble for me oo.. cos I almost didnt have any teeth left in my mouth at a stage in my life.. The lizards had my dentition for dinner.
Re: Funny But True To Life Superstitions by bluejeff(m): 3:37pm On Apr 02, 2012
That continues blinking of the eye meant someone would visit u. * That story telling was only done in the night, if u must say or listen to any, remove one eye lash.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Miss Nigeria Cultural Pageant In Miami (Pics) / 2021 Igede Carnival In Pictures / Ooni Ogunwusi At Maryland Grand Ball - See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.