Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? (2851 Views)

Why Is Seun Osewa Not Accorded Celebrity Status In Nigeria? / How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? / Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by bittyend(m): 1:54pm On Apr 01, 2012
I don't know if you guys noticed this but I LOL every time Seun messes up the 'front end' of the NL's web application, and hide behind the mantra of trying out new colour scheme or adding more features. NL is a basic website! Being from Web Development and Computer Science background myself - I can say Seun is kind of clueless or supbar when it comes to Web Development. NL doesn't conform to at least 20 out of the 50 basic rules of building a website. The guy needs to employ real web developers, and stop messing up nairaland with his amateurish experiments.

Seun may own NL, but most of us who visit this great platform from time to time also have a stake in it. NL is a medium where we the great sons and daughters of Nigeria meet to iron out our differences based on our mentality. We may fight amongst one another, but we'll burn this bytch down if any outsider or Seun continue to mess with us.

Oga Seun, please stop messing with our eyes and brain cells with your experiments. smiley
Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by Jakumo(m): 3:01pm On Apr 01, 2012
bittyend:
Seun may own NL, but most of us who visit this great platform from time to time also have a stake in it. NL is a medium where we the great sons and daughters of Nigeria meet to iron out our differences based on our mentality. We may fight amongst one another, but we'll burn this bytch down if any outsider or Seun continue to mess with us.

Oga Seun, please stop messing with our eyes and brain cells with your experiments. smiley

Ha ha ha you need to lay off those peyote mushrooms dude. You "have a stake" in someone else's website? Does that statement mean you have imposed yourself as some sort of advisor who expects to CONTROL Nairaland's true owner? Or does "having a stake" mean you own stocks and shares in the Nairaland Corporation, and thus you expect to receive share dividends as a result of your declaration ? Do you realize how utterly insane that grandiose proclamation sounds ?

Finally, what in the phuck do you mean with that asinine threat to "burn this bytch down", if you don't have your way ? With all due respect, sir, your words suggest that you are suffering from a major nervous breakdown, possibly brought on by the stress of your unfulfilled ambitions to grab and control someone else's website. May I suggest that you turn off you computer and step outside to get some air before you really start losing it.

7 Likes

Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by bittyend(m): 3:10pm On Apr 01, 2012
Jakumo:

Ha ha ha you need to lay off those peyote mushrooms dude. You "have a stake" in someone else's website? Does that statement mean you have imposed yourself as some sort of advisor who expects to CONTROL Nairaland's true owner? Or does "having a stake" mean you own stock and shares in the Nairaland Corporation, and thus you expect to receive share dividends as a result of your declaration ? Do you realize how utterly insane that grandiose proclamation sounds ?

Finally, what in the phuck do you mean with that asinine threat to "burn this bytch down", if you don't have your way ? With all due respect, sir, your words suggest that you are suffering from a major nervous breakdown, possibly brought on by the stress of your unfulfilled ambitions to grab and control someone else's website. May I suggest that you turn off you computer and step outside to get some air before you really start losing it.

Everyone who clicks on this website has a stake in it because without us, there would be no NL. And when I said "we'll burn this bytch down", I was inferring that we can shut it down - I'm sure you're aware of hacking and ping of death a la denial of service.

With all due respect sir, NL is the only platform where Nigerian youths meet for now, and we all want the best for it. Mr. Seun needs to stop playing and experimenting with the website - if he needs to do any experimentation, he can download a mini-webserver on the PC, and try his experiments there.

Cheers!
Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by Jakumo(m): 3:24pm On Apr 01, 2012
Your attempted blackmail, implied in the threat to try and close down this website with a denial of service hacking attack, will no doubt be noted by Oga Seun.

For your information, simply "clicking" on ANY website, does NOT qualify ANYONE as a "stakeholder" in that website, any more than buying a vanilla shake and onion rings at the McDonalds drive-through qualifies anyone to claim to be Ronald McDonalds evil twin.

Get a grip on reality, and quickly too, because this fantasy role-playing game will only earn you a swift kick in the rump out the door marked "Banned".

ANY internet forum such as this one can be likened to a dinner table to which guests are invited for light banter, ON THE CONDITION that they remain courteous to the host, and abide by forum rules. Threatening a hacking attack does NOT fall under any category of polite conduct, and will only invite hostile responses and sanctions, which might be precisely what you will get if you push your luck further.

2 Likes

Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by bookface: 3:44pm On Apr 01, 2012
bittyend:

Everyone who clicks on this website has a stake in it because without us, there would be no NL. And when I said "we'll burn this bytch down", I was inferring that we can shut it down - I'm sure you're aware of hacking and ping of death a la denial of service.

With all due respect sir, NL is the only platform where Nigerian youths meet for now, and we all want the best for it. Mr. Seun needs to stop playing and experimenting with the website - if he needs to do any experimentation, he can download a mini-webserver on the PC, and try his experiments there.

Cheers!

What rubbish!

Would you by you asinine assumptions also agree that i have a stake in your father's company simply because i happen to be one of his many thousand customers? What if i threaten to burn his bytch down simply because i don't like the paintings in his office?

have you realized how stoopid you've come across to be? If you were brought up properly, someone would have taught you that if you aren't pleased with the service you are getting somewhere, you simply go elsewhere.

NL may be the most popular platform where Nigerian youths meet for now, doesn't make it a public asset.

4 Likes

Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by bittyend(m): 3:47pm On Apr 01, 2012
Jakumo: Your attempted blackmail, implied in the threat to try and close down this website with a denial of service hacking attack, will no doubt be noted by Oga Seun.

For your information, simply "clicking" on ANY website, does NOT qualify ANYONE as a "stakeholder" in that website, any more than buying a vanilla shake and onion rings at the McDonalds drive-through qualifies anyone to claim to be Ronald McDonalds evil twin.

Get a grip on reality, and quickly too, because this fantasy role-playing game will only earn you a swift kick in the rump out the door marked "Banned".

ANY internet forum such as this one can be likened to a dinner table to which guests are invited for light banter, ON THE CONDITION that they remain courteous to the host, and abide by forum rules. Threatening a hacking attack does NOT fall under any category of polite conduct, and will only invite hostile responses and sanctions, which might be precisely what you will get if you push your luck further.

I get your point, and maybe I went overboard with the threats - I'm very sorry, if you took my humour the wrong way. I'm very passionate about this forum, and it provides a platform for Nigerians to talk about our differences - and I want the best for NL. I know Seun may be trying his best possible to make NL the best he can - but he needs to get better hands involved, because his best isn't really enough.

I don't have any plan to hack NL, I admire Seun, and his wisdom for creating NL - and I wish him the best. But the customer service attainable on NL needs to be improved - and NL needs to be made more attractive, to make it grow. I'll like to see NL become Nigeria's huffingtonpost - or something similar.

I'm sorry, if you took my humour the wrong way - bittyend [/i]is just [i]bittyend - a lover of anything good, and a spiritual healer - who resides in Narnia.

Cheers, mate.
Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by Jakumo(m): 3:51pm On Apr 01, 2012
Its cool. I've said things in the heat of the moment that I wish I hadn't later. To err is human and all that...
Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by bittyend(m): 3:53pm On Apr 01, 2012
Jakumo: Its cool. I've said things in the heat of the moment that I wish I hadn't later. To err is human and all that...

Cheers.
Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by Beaf: 4:31pm On Apr 01, 2012
bittyend:

Cheers!

You worry me. embarassed

[img]http://redriverpak.files./2011/02/big-needle.jpg[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by kcjazz(m): 4:56pm On Apr 01, 2012
Empty barrels...
Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by ArQueBusieR(m): 8:56pm On Apr 01, 2012
Oh, well. The dust has settled. Back to work, you maggots!
Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by tpia5: 9:04pm On Apr 01, 2012
NL is the only platform where Nigerian youths meet for now

that's the problem.

a nation of 150 million, and only ONE web platform?

let's assume 3-4 million have web access, of which say 0.2-1.5 million are youths. With perhaps 40,000-200,000 logging on to social sites for whatever reason.

if obj is in charge of this web access stuff, why did he make it solely exclusive this way?
Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 01, 2012
[size=15pt]Lol.. Some people get time sha![/size]
Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by Nobody: 1:38am On Apr 02, 2012
bittyend:

Cheers!
hmmmm,so for you,nairaland is the only place where nigerian youths meet?I really pity you.
Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by ektbear: 3:58am On Apr 02, 2012
lmao
Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by BizBooks(m): 12:17pm On Apr 02, 2012
Without commenting on the merits of the original post by bittyend,
I must point out that he is right when he said that we are stakeholders
here. If you are a regular visitor or a registered member of NL, you are
in effect a stakeholder. Those disagreeing with him may have mistaken
stakeholder for shareholder.

While the word stakeholder has more than one definition, one of those
definitions goes as follows:

"Stakeholder may refer to a person, group, organization, member or system
who affects or can be affected by an organization's actions. . . The term has
been broadened to include anyone who has an interest in a matter
."

Seun has the right to do with NL as he pleases. But we, the stakeholders have
the right to express opposing viewpoints. If that were not the case, nobody
would have said a word when the background colour was changed to black yesterday.
But as stakeholders, most members rose up in opposition.

Definition of Stakeholder: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stakeholder_(corporate)

1 Like

Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 02, 2012
Awon ta ni stakeholders? E Joor o!
Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by Seun(m): 1:39pm On Apr 02, 2012
When the color was changed yesterday, that was an April Fool's joke. The "uprising" is nothing to be proud about!
Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by BizBooks(m): 1:51pm On Apr 02, 2012
Seun: When the color was changed yesterday, that was an
April Fool's joke. The "uprising" is nothing to be proud about!

Some of us made it known that the colour change was an April Fool's joke
even before you said so. But the fact that there was an uprising about it
reinforces my argument on the issue of stakeholder.

Some people disagreed with bittyend when he said the following "but most of
us who visit this great platform from time to time also have a stake in it."
But it turns out he is correct.

1 Like

Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by greenmouse(m): 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2012
Ride on Seun. I know its an April fool Joke.
No one will pull you down. Greenmouse say so !!!
Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by DualCore1: 3:56pm On Apr 02, 2012
Seun: When the color was changed yesterday, that was an April Fool's joke. The "uprising" is nothing to be proud about!
Comments reserved.
Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by instinctg(m): 5:14pm On Apr 02, 2012
No mata how wack Seun may be viewed at, I give him his due respect as many of us have learnt and have networked through this forum.
Seun may not be the best designer out there (a symptom with some programmers), but over time I beleive he ll deal with the design interface in the nearest future.
Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 02, 2012
Hmmn, na to organize proper stakeholders meeting be that o. I be real stakeholder for here -
I just searched google for: dhtml from nigeria - and the first search result was nairaland.
Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by Slyr0x: 1:00pm On Apr 03, 2012
I believe we all can communicate effectively without having to resort to unnecessary flame wars. .

OP has the right to air his view(s) as he deems fit and I honestly see no reason why we should bash him. .If our personal views contradict his, then we should argue it out intelligently.

1 Like

Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by Seun(m): 1:27pm On Apr 03, 2012
@slyr0x: The original poster has not been bashed in any way. He said foolish things and was politely & fairly corrected.
Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by teemy(m): 8:09pm On Apr 03, 2012
Free world Seun. You could make a 'bashed' plugin that tags the user similar to the 'banned' tag. Making the profile image blurred would make it more hilarious.

1 Like

Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by tpia5: 3:25am On Apr 04, 2012
When the color was changed yesterday, that was an April Fool's joke. The "uprising" is nothing to be proud about!

if you fear uprising then why do you like provoking others?

just curious.

are you trying to test the waters and draw out your "enemies" for easy identification?

you know sha, what you fear, becomes your master.
Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 04, 2012
All these people that are saying burn down the biatch na lie them dey lie - even me sef no fit carry out that threat -
because (even if i can burn it down) and i do - my income from web development projects will crash dramatically - and i may have to return to the old drawing board!!
Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by Slyr0x: 9:18am On Apr 04, 2012
^^^ LOL @ e-BokoHaram

Seun: @slyr0x: The original poster has not been bashed in any way. He said foolish things and was politely & fairly corrected.

Seun, I disagree with you on this.

A feedback from your customers (NL Users) either Positive or Negative is NEVER foolish. . smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by teemy(m): 10:05am On Apr 04, 2012
*dhtml:
All these people that are saying burn down the biatch na lie them dey lie - even me sef no fit carry out that threat -
because (even if i can burn it down) and i do - my income from web development projects will crash dramatically - and i may have to return to the old drawing board!!
Business man!
Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by Nobody: 10:31am On Apr 04, 2012
I use nairaland for different things:
- Doing business
- Meeting other business people (dual core et al)
- Making friends
- Reading news and events in Nigeria and its environs
- Toasting babes
- Playing pranks
- Learning new stuffs from other intelligent people
- Disturbing seun & mukina2
- Assisting other developers
- Spamming the boards (just for the fun of it)
- Rigging votes (i know that is bad, but i cant help it)
- Pirating usernames
- Frustrating some idiots
- Relieving boredom
- Relieving boredom
- Relieving boredom
- Relieving boredom
- Relieving boredom

(In no particular other)

And so many others. . . . .
Re: Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? by teemy(m): 10:42am On Apr 04, 2012
*dhtml:
I use nairaland for different things:
- Doing business
- Meeting other business people (dual core et al)
- Making friends
- Reading news and events in Nigeria and its environs
- Toasting babes
- Playing pranks
- Learning new stuffs from other intelligent people
- Disturbing seun & mukina2
- Assisting other developers
- Spamming the boards (just for the fun of it)
- Rigging votes (i know that is bad, but i cant help it)
- Pirating usernames
- Frustrating some idiots
- Relieving boredom
- Relieving boredom
- Relieving boredom
- Relieving boredom
- Relieving boredom

(In no particular order*)

And so many others. . . . .

I can vouch on that, no be lie.

One thing is nairaland is a wonderful field to play, laze, work and meet with people of like and oppositely unlike minds. A world of its own or do i say, a world of our own and I do give oluwaseun the kudos of taking on the initiative. 3 gbosas! The guy try talk am.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Did You Choose Your Username? / Female Soldier Beat's Man To........ / Victor Wooten Vs Richard Bona; Who Is The Baddest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.