Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,973 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 (63804 Views)

Unizik 2012/2013 Admission List Is Out,check List Here. / Uniben Direct Entry 2012/2013 Forum / Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 by kitlady02(f): 5:41pm On May 01, 2012
The DE is for Medicine......I want a second degree in Medicine..... Do I need to do the transcript stuff?
Re: Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 by Jabia(m): 7:21pm On May 01, 2012
Akby:

we are in same shoes then. 'am applying to U.I too. I finished with distinctions hons too but mine is OND. We both applying to same dept @ U.I. Here is the break down, after doin wat jamb requests for, u will have to send ur transcript to U.I via dis address
The Registrar
University of Ibadan
Oyo state
as soon as ur transcript gets dere, dats all. U.I dont write exams bt dey do oral interview. We are to pay a sum of N2,000 in d schl bank to upload our result into deir database later dis year around late sept. After uploadn d result, we wud interviewd orally and dats all.
Keep urself updated with me or www.ui.edu.ng
@ Akby. You're been very helpful so far,thanks. I also intend to apply to U.I like you and the original poster. Unlike you two geniuses however, i have an upper credit. Does U.I accept upper credit for D.E, and whats the procedure? I'm sorry, i know this is a bit dumb as part of my question has already been answered in the forumn, please bear with me. I stay in ikorodu and have my ND in Petroleum Engineering from the Petroleum Training Institute,Warri.
Thanks again.
Re: Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 by Akby(m): 9:12pm On May 01, 2012
kitlady02: The DE is for Medicine......I want a second degree in Medicine..... Do I need to do the transcript stuff?

If i may get u, it means u already have a first degree in medicine rite? But if u wanna do DE, transcript is needed cos it shows a breakdown of ur academic performance through your prog...
Re: Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 by Akby(m): 9:26pm On May 01, 2012
Jabia:
@ Akby. You're been very helpful so far,thanks. I also intend to apply to U.I like you and the original poster. Unlike you two geniuses however, i have an upper credit. Does U.I accept upper credit for D.E, and whats the procedure? I'm sorry, i know this is a bit dumb as part of my question has already been answered in the forumn, please bear with me. I stay in ikorodu and have my ND in Petroleum Engineering from the Petroleum Training Institute,Warri.
Thanks again.

lolz! Thanks... Baba God noni. Clearing throats! Yeah U.I accepts minimum of Upper credit so you are good to go. Also yle applyn, U.I only accepts first choice so make sure it is filled as first choice. Obtain ur form for 4,600, goto a cyber cafe and proceed to registering. I already explained how to fill d forms in the forum already. After filling, attach ur credentials and submit to the nearst JAMB office. After dis, fascillitate ur transcript down to U.I and there u have it. U.I admisn process and policy quite different from other institutions.
Note: U.I dont write exams... They conduct oral interview. To quality for dis interview, u have to pay 2k as post DE fee, after payn u do the necessary things online. Days or weeks later, we would be called for oral interview and examined thru this process. Names of admitted students would be pasted after all dis activities...

1 Like

Re: Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 by Liadi2(m): 9:26pm On May 01, 2012
can a person from south west get admission into north university i mean through direct entry to study elect/ elect and wic university can apply for except frm FUTA pls i need ur advise i have upper credit. pls pal i need good orientation about dis stuff am posting o.
Re: Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 by Yetunde77: 9:30pm On May 01, 2012
Hello people, for those who wish to buy jamb forms, ur best bet is to go to jamb office at least that is a place i am sure of u getting the form, also dis will help go with ur credentials and a passport so u can fill de form immediately make copies of the photocard at the business centres close by. i hope dis helps. Best of luck in our endeavours.
Re: Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 by Akby(m): 2:09am On May 02, 2012
Liadi2: can a person from south west get admission into north university i mean through direct entry to study elect/ elect and wic university can apply for except frm FUTA pls i need ur advise i have upper credit. pls pal i need good orientation about dis stuff am posting o.

with all these boko boiz, north still on ur mind... I fear ooooo
Re: Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 by fame12k(m): 4:06am On May 02, 2012
Please house, want to know if unilag DE applicants write post-DE examination and if unilag have started admittin into radiography dept, because d dept initially have problem wit NUC, dont know if it has been resolved. Thanks
Re: Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 by neyyo: 9:17am On May 02, 2012
When is the deadline for the submission of forms,please anyone with the info should please reply.

I'll like to share my experience with you guys and hear your opinion, @present I work with a coy(an airline in Lagos) where I did my IT after OND, I have my HND(distinction) but I'm exempted from NYSC because I did PT in my HND. At the moment I'm in a dilema, cos I knw d importance of NYSC discharged cert in Nigeria. I'm applying for DE into OAU n when admitted, I would resign from work to spend another 3yrs+ in d university. Is this a wise move? What's ur advise please? Thanks guys!
Re: Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 by nanaaa: 10:56am On May 02, 2012
pls does any school accept lower credit for DE,I want to apply in ANSU HELP
Re: Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 by Akby(m): 11:33am On May 02, 2012
fame12k: Please house, want to know if unilag DE applicants write post-DE examination and if unilag have started admittin into radiography dept, because d dept initially have problem wit NUC, dont know if it has been resolved. Thanks

Radiography issue resolved with Unilag cos about 2,000+ students choosed it as course of study in the last JAMB exam. Unilag DE apllicants writes exam bt nt 100%. Prepare ur mind for exams...
Re: Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 by Akby(m): 11:39am On May 02, 2012
neyyo: When is the deadline for the submission of forms,please anyone with the info should please reply.

I'll like to share my experience with you guys and hear your opinion, @present I work with a coy(an airline in Lagos) where I did my IT after OND, I have my HND(distinction) but I'm exempted from NYSC because I did PT in my HND. At the moment I'm in a dilema, cos I knw d importance of NYSC discharged cert in Nigeria. I'm applying for DE into OAU n when admitted, I would resign from work to spend another 3yrs+ in d university. Is this a wise move? What's ur advise please? Thanks guys!

Y don't u do PGD with ur HND an 18 months prog and bag a BSc. certificate. Going back for DE will waste tym and u know age things! But for the NYSC certificate, nothn can be done unless u do DE. But d certificate not dat important bt a bit important wen applyn to big and top firms for employment. Weigh up the task ahead and go for d best cos naija only wanna see certificate
Re: Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 by Akby(m): 11:42am On May 02, 2012
nanaaa: pls does any school accept lower credit for DE,I want to apply in ANSU HELP

I can't really say bt dey shud if u've done a year IT. Check jamb brochure and see schools dat might consider. Goto special remarks/waiver section and u would see schls with DE remarks
Re: Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 by Clem45(m): 11:48am On May 02, 2012
Akby:

Y don't u do PGD with ur HND an 18 months prog and bag a BSc. certificate. Going back for DE will waste tym and u know age things! But for the NYSC certificate, nothn can be done unless u do DE. But d certificate not dat important bt a bit important wen applyn to big and top firms for employment. Weigh up the task ahead and go for d best cos naija only wanna see certificate
in addition as a pastime student u can pursue ur exemption certificate dat's what l'm using now.
Re: Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 by neyyo: 11:54am On May 02, 2012
@Akby n Clem thank for your contributions, yea I can get an exemption from NYSC but it takes a while for dt to come out, 3 maybe 4yrs and witout dt I can't apply for PGD or even masters. Do u understand my frustration?
Re: Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 by piragirl(f): 12:40pm On May 02, 2012
Akby:

jamb office is @ ikoyi not ijora... Here is the description, from berger pick a direct bus to obalende. From obalende, enter ikoyi bus cos jamb office is the last bstop or better still ask for jamb office bus and enter. There u have it!
@ Akby,u av been so much help so far........tanks

1 Like

Re: Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 by fame12k(m): 12:58pm On May 02, 2012
@ akby, thanks for ur response concernin radiography dept, really apreciate it....

1 Like

Re: Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 by Akby(m): 2:28pm On May 02, 2012
neyyo: @Akby n Clem thank for your contributions, yea I can get an exemption from NYSC but it takes a while for dt to come out, 3 maybe 4yrs and witout dt I can't apply for PGD or even masters. Do u understand my frustration?

waooooooooo.... Na to dey pray be dat oooooo
Re: Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 by neyyo: 3:34pm On May 02, 2012
@Akby, please do u knw when sales of form is supposed to end? Please reply, thanks.
Re: Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 by Kenny2012: 6:43pm On May 02, 2012
Akby:

we are in same shoes then. 'am applying to U.I too. I finished with distinctions hons too but mine is OND. We both applying to same dept @ U.I. Here is the break down, after doin wat jamb requests for, u will have to send ur transcript to U.I via dis address
The Registrar
University of Ibadan
Oyo state
as soon as ur transcript gets dere, dats all. U.I dont write exams bt dey do oral interview. We are to pay a sum of N2,000 in d schl bank to upload our result into deir database later dis year around late sept. After uploadn d result, we wud interviewd orally and dats all.
Keep urself updated with me or www.ui.edu.ng
Wao! What a coincedence.It's a pleasure meeting you.Thanks for the info.I was thinking before now that we would be asked for our transcript during the screening.Please,let us be friends on facebook.My ID is www.facebook.com/Kennedy Emeka or email;kenediey2k5@yahoo.com.
Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon.
Re: Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 by Akby(m): 8:42pm On May 02, 2012
neyyo: @Akby, please do u knw when sales of form is supposed to end? Please reply, thanks.

it came out officially on march 28th and wud be on for lyk minimum of 3 months or dere abt. No official closure date yet
Re: Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 by Akby(m): 8:46pm On May 02, 2012
Kenny2012:
Wao! What a coincedence.It's a pleasure meeting you.Thanks for the info.I was thinking before now that we would be asked for our transcript during the screening.Please,let us be friends on facebook.My ID is www.facebook.com/Kennedy Emeka or email;kenediey2k5@yahoo.com.
Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon.

ok... Nice meeting u too
Re: Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 by Akby(m): 8:56pm On May 02, 2012
Re: Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 by habayommy: 9:05pm On May 02, 2012
Really need help at dis stage.......

A’Level/NCE/Degree or Equivalents
Exam Year :_____________________________ ( e.g. June, 2004)
Qualification Group :_______________________ ( A’Level/NCE/Degree or Equivalents)
Qualification :_______________________________( e.g. 1st Degree, OND, NCE, IJMB, Diploma, ICAN etc)
Examination/Admission Number :_________________________ .
Course/Subjects Grades
please i need your reply very urgent
Re: Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 by Yetunde77: 11:22pm On May 02, 2012
@ neyyo, u want my honest opinion, go get ur degree! send me a mail, den we can weigh de pros and cons, hoping to hear frm u soon(yetaiyegbusi@yahoo.com)
Re: Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 by NewsUni: 11:39pm On May 02, 2012
Re: Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 by jamola87: 1:13am On May 03, 2012
pls guy were do u bought ur own and hw much
Re: Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 by Accuratephemite: 5:52am On May 03, 2012
Pls, how do I get d form. I live in Ikorodu and I've visited several banks but nt available especially Union bank. Pls sum1 who can greatly wud b appreciated. Bigs up 2 forum, as it is highly informative. I've gotten several informations i need bt i have 2 first purchase d form. Thanks
Re: Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 by Yetunde77: 7:27am On May 03, 2012
Accuratephemite: Pls, how do I get d form. I live in Ikorodu and I've visited several banks but nt available especially Union bank. Pls sum1 who can greatly wud b appreciated. Bigs up 2 forum, as it is highly informative. I've gotten several informations i need bt i have 2 first purchase d form. Thanks

Ur best bet is jamb office, go with all ur credentials and passport so u can fill de form there. I hope dis helps
Re: Jamb Direct Entry 2012/2013 by Akby(m): 7:39am On May 03, 2012
habayommy: Really need help at dis stage.......

Exam Year :_____________________________ ( e.g. June, 2004)
Qualification Group :_______________________ ( A’Level/NCE/Degree or Equivalents)
Qualification :_______________________________( e.g. 1st Degree, OND, NCE, IJMB, Diploma, ICAN etc)
Examination/Admission Number :_________________________ .
Course/Subjects Grades
please i need your reply very urgent

Examination year: the date on your ND or NCE certificate
Qualification group: HND/ND or NCE or Choose the certificate you have
Examination/Admission number: fill in ur polytechnic or college of education matric number
Course equivalent: course of study

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Girl Who Got 9As In Her SSCE In Enugu Gets Scholarship / Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc / "Missing OAU Law Student" Found!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.