Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,925 members, 7,814,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

“I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh (30051 Views)

“I Cannot Marry Flavour Even If He Proposes” – Chidinma / I Cannot Marry Flavour Even If He Proposes – Chidinma Chidinma / “I Cannot Marry Flavour Even If He Proposes” – Chidinma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by peckhamboi: 9:11pm On Apr 02, 2012
Interviewer: We just learnt that you will be getting married soon to your new boyfriend who happens to come from Benin, Edo state. Why are so many Nollywood female starts getting snapped up by Benin or men from Edo state?

Tonto Dike: First of all, it is nobody’s business where my fiance is from. That out of the way, yes Benin men are great and very understanding. They are not sitting and judging you unlike an Igbo man that will want to be poke-nosing in everything you do. You make your money and the Edo man is not interested in your personal affairs. If I keep waiting for an Igbo man I will just end up eternally single.

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/16552/25/i-cannot-marry-an-igbo-man-because-they-are-too-no.html

1 Like

Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by sigba(f): 9:57pm On Apr 02, 2012
Lol. Saw this somewhere and wanted to share it on NL before i saw yours. Tonto is going gaga. That's her view sha. Where re my igbo brethren cheesy

1 Like

Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by ugo21(m): 10:44pm On Apr 02, 2012
my frnd jus turn 20yrs acording to him,he has being mastubarting for 6yrs now and wish to stop dis act but he can't. he needs advice from d world

1 Like

Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by Ejine(m): 11:37pm On Apr 02, 2012
In all, the part I found the most interesting about this outburst, is this:

Tonto Dike: First of all, it is nobody’s business where my fiance is from. That out of the way, yes Benin men are great and very understanding. They are not sitting and judging you unlike an Igbo man that will want to be poke-nosing in everything you do. You make your money and the Edo man is not interested in your personal affairs. If I keep waiting for an Igbo man I will just end up eternally single.

I'm glad she knows; because a notorious, bleaching, chain-smoking 'general market' isn't exactly my idea of a wife material.

14 Likes

Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by kemmeye: 11:42pm On Apr 02, 2012
hahaha i mean thats her opinion everyone with their own views
Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by Kaboom1: 11:58pm On Apr 02, 2012
Ejiné: In all, the part I found the most interesting about this outburst, is this:

I'm glad she knows; because a notorious, bleaching, chain-smoking 'general market' isn't exactly my idea of a wife material.

She is not Bleaching, thats her color. Thanks

1 Like

Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by londoner: 4:29am On Apr 03, 2012
She is entitled to her opinion, but it was an unnecessary outburst. She obviously was waiting for an Igbo man, but she was not chosen.

Anyway, I am happy for her if she has found the guy that accepts her and makes her happy.
Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by Callotti: 6:34am On Apr 03, 2012
Coming from an Igbo gal kwa nu?
Mu he he he he he he
Up Bendeh!

Happiness is where you find it jare!

Is she not the one that stated that she does want to have kids?
I thought she did not want to get married too?
Well, NEVER SAY NEVER!
Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by sigba(f): 7:17am On Apr 03, 2012
ugo21: my frnd jus turn 20yrs acording to him,he has being mastubarting for 6yrs now and wish to stop dis act but he can't. he needs advice from d world
I suggest you creat a page for this and not diverting peoples topics.

1 Like

Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 03, 2012
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA. Yea. Cos no Igbo man wants you cheesy

9 Likes

Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 03, 2012
peckhamboi: Interviewer: We just learnt that you will be getting married soon to your new boyfriend who happens to come from Benin, Edo state. Why are so many Nollywood female starts getting snapped up by Benin or men from Edo state?

http://www.naijapals.com/modules/naijapals/nigeria/topic,98088.0.html

Whenever a woman is desperate in her need for an 'understanding' man, it can only mean one thing. Lol. I have no problem being 'understanding' as long as we're just fuckbuddies (in which case I don't care who else you're creeping with), not when I put you in my house as a wife. If I understand this prostitute correctly, she is frustrated that no real Igbo man would condone or overlook her promiscuity? Are Bini men that indifferent and unconcerned about their wives' sexploits? Maybe it has something to do with their being used to their females' legendary activities - in Italy and elsewhere.

17 Likes

Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by Excelboi(m): 10:10am On Apr 03, 2012
Igbo boys are great gossipers especially when it comes to money...
Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 03, 2012
Kaboom!:

She is not Bleaching, thats her color. Thanks
Are u Ugo21 cousin?? Just askin
Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by Afam4eva(m): 10:14am On Apr 03, 2012
Why is she waiting for an Igboman, i thought they said she's Ikwerre and not Igbo. Anyways, good luck to her and her Edo husband. Though i understand what she means by Igbo men being nosy. An Igboman will not allow his wife to become an embarasment to herself and her family. Edo men are not really concerened with what there wifes are into.

6 Likes

Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 03, 2012
Excelboi: Igbo boys are great gossipers especially when it comes to money...
Eya,see hurting na!
Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by osajojo(m): 10:17am On Apr 03, 2012
if ur husband or boyfriend isnt from EDO or Delta then u are really missing

2 Likes

Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by atuboweke(m): 10:18am On Apr 03, 2012
She said it all. All bothers on morals...she is scared of moral responsibility. It is well known that an average Igbo man does not joke with morals....Down there in south East you dare not dress anyhow as a married woman and u dont behave anyhow. She can take all the Benin Guys for all i care...her outburst has shown how moral responsible the Igbos are.

14 Likes

Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by waxdude: 10:19am On Apr 03, 2012
angry wow....she knew no igbo man can take all d poo abt her...

2 Likes

Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by mekaboy(m): 10:20am On Apr 03, 2012
LOL, YOUR RIGHT MY DEAR TONTO, IGBO MEN DONT TAKE NONSENSE, YOU CAN BE A NOLLY/HOLLYWOOD STAR TO THE WORLD, BUT TO HIM YOU ARE HIS WIFE, AND WHEN YOU COME HOME , YOU MUST LEAVE ALL THOSE CELEBRITY MADNESS OUTSIDE THE HOUSE. I GUESS YOU CANT COPE WITH THAT. grin grin grin I AM HAPPY U REALIZED ON TIME . GOOD LUCK grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by Afam4eva(m): 10:21am On Apr 03, 2012
atuboweke: She said it all. All bothers on morals...she is scared of moral responsibility. It is well known that an average Igbo man does not joke with morals....Down there in south East you dare not dress anyhow as a married woman and u dont behave anyhow. She can take all the Benin Guys for all i care...her outburst has shown how moral responsible the Igbos are.

Well said.

2 Likes

Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by Kslib(m): 10:21am On Apr 03, 2012
pro01:

Are Bini men that indifferent and unconcerned about their wives' sexploits? Maybe it has something to do with their being used to their females' legendary activities - in Italy and elsewhere.
You should have stopped at the question "are bini men that indifferent and unconcerned about their wive's sexploits? ..... But you went ahead to say rubbish by answering your question yourself.....

1 Like

Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by 9ijaprince(m): 10:22am On Apr 03, 2012
And how did this made it to front page? If she likes she can marry from congo. Its her life. No Igbo man would condone an irresponsible lady as wife. Good luck to her!

2 Likes

Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by AreaFada2: 10:23am On Apr 03, 2012
No news here. No need for the outburst by Tontoh Dike. You cannot just generalise all Igbo men.

I know many Edos married to Igbo women, some for 45 years now. Almost all the couples very successful.

A lot of Edo women are also married to non-Edos: OBJ, Danjuma etc.

In recent decades, Edo men have travelled a lot (in numbers relative to Edo population) and met many of these new Celebs abroad.

The reason people see it now is because they are celebs.
Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 03, 2012
atuboweke: She said it all. All bothers on morals...she is scared of moral responsibility. It is well known that an average Igbo man does not joke with morals....Down there in south East you dare not dress anyhow as a married woman and u dont behave anyhow. She can take all the Benin Guys for all i care...her outburst has shown how moral responsible the Igbos are.

Nwa afo ka I bu!

1 Like

Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by member479760: 10:25am On Apr 03, 2012
she made big mistake for going for beni-man!
Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by ZUBY77(m): 10:30am On Apr 03, 2012
The same Edo men who would drive their wives to prostitution workplace and bring them back in the evening after work. Miss Tontoh, Igbo men still maintain the concept of marriage. You cant just do whatever you want while married. We just lost every respect we ever had for you.

It's not so good to make noise at the beginning.

11 Likes

Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by PrinceDudu(m): 10:30am On Apr 03, 2012

u wan start quarrel abi?
Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by Aringarosa(m): 10:32am On Apr 03, 2012
Can someone pls tell me who is Tonto Dike?

1 Like

Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by mjconcept(m): 10:40am On Apr 03, 2012
sigba: Lol. Saw this somewhere and wanted to share it on NL before i saw yours. Tonto is going gaga. That's her view sha. Where re my igbo brethren cheesy
Yes we care for our loved ones thats why we ask or do u want to tell me that when ur wife does things like smoking,dressing abnormal etc u just leave her.This also shows that the igbos are not materialistic as claimed by some people.
Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by aryzgreat: 10:40am On Apr 03, 2012
toto dike abi na great punny its ur life live it, igbo men dont send irresponsible b.itch lik u!

3 Likes

Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by kombats: 10:41am On Apr 03, 2012
watin b my own if u like marry mad man
Re: “I Cannot Marry An Igbo Man Because They Are Too Nosy – Tonto Dikeh by KINGwax(m): 10:42am On Apr 03, 2012
jennykadry: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA. Yea. Cos no Igbo man wants you cheesy
stop laughing that loud now. Aint u a girl? Bt WTF? u're an ibo girl sha. Noisy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Abuja Courts Revokes Jaruma's Bail, Orders Her Re-Arrest And Remand / Sosoberekon Attacked By Traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photos, Video) / Seyi Awolowo Fans Donate TV, Shoes, Portrait, Cake To Him (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.