Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? (11012 Views)

Car Keys Duplication And Coding / The Ten Coolest Car Keys / Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by Somatic(m): 1:18am On Apr 04, 2012
Though I'm not impressed with OP's use of 'ogbonge inglis' as well as the condescending comparisons, I have to agree with him on the matter. Wallahi like he said, even in a bunch, peeps like to flaunt the 1 car key, using it atimes like a sixth thumb. The 1 that irritates me is those that twirl it around esp if its one of these remote keys. And in the face of online bashing, ladies are unfortunately the culprits here.
Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by tpia5: 3:44am On Apr 04, 2012
someone based in mushin was talking about his "mortgage" the other time.

today, it's somebody on okada/keke napep going on and on about his bmw X10.

lordy lordy, lord have mercy for small minded, low self esteem, bad belle, paranoid people wey no dey see another person even drink garri without taking it in a negative manner.
Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by tpia5: 3:46am On Apr 04, 2012
::Andrew:::

keyless entry has a remote for the doors, only the kick starter
is pushed. or do you vanish in without opening the doors?
or do you leave anyone to push and start?

ehen, translate when you have time.

am very interested.
Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by donsb: 4:38am On Apr 04, 2012
Show off nothing wrong with putting it in your pocket
Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by Lagusta(m): 8:00am On Apr 04, 2012
D reason is very simple... They want to show off!!! Esp 4 da ladies, they r always gullible... #sh#
Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by brinell(m): 8:25am On Apr 04, 2012
@Poster
To me you seem to be the one whose 'head is hot' because you have a BMW X6. You think that the other guy with a lower car is claiming for you. Well you may be wrong. While not disputing that some may use it as a fluant tool, let me say that majority do it as a habit. Since you said it was also done in Ireland, it means it is not a Nigerian 'claiming' thing.

Personally I dont like putting my car keys in my pocket, it is discomforting and it bulges out. This same thing applies to my GSM phone, should I be putting my car keys and phone in my pocket? I don't think it is healthy or gentlemanly. Well, it may depend on the kind of clothes you wear, for me wearing a normal trouser, I dont need to spoil my outlook by having a discomforting and awkward bulge on my thigh or chest. I will rather hold it. Just not to be seen as you are seeing guys doing it, I sometimes put my phone/car key in my back pocket to my discomfort physically and mentally with the thought that phones and electronics (including remote car keys)are not safe at close body contact.

And by the way, I'm too used to having different cars that, I don't really need to fluant or impress any body, neither do I point my car keys at anyone, but I have to hold it for my comfort and not be influenced by those who may have your view. You may be completely wrong brother. If I am big, as you depict, then I won't bother with another 'claiming' or flaunting, because I know who I am. So the person can go ahead and claim all he/she wants. It doesn't change you are an X6 owner, or does it?
Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by Basic(m): 8:45am On Apr 04, 2012
sheymoni: even u sef u be 'notice me'.without seeing u we all knw u hav X6 tongue tongue tongue
Seconded! And he want us to know that is car is expensive enough to buy off 5 iv-tecs.
Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by Pain(m): 8:57am On Apr 04, 2012
I guess you just used this thread to flaunt the fact or fallacy that you own an X6.

What you have categorically displayed is that you have an deep gap to fill in your own ego while shrouding in a delusive sense of humility.Or else why boast that your "X6" can buy 5 times the Honda of your alleged flaunting accost-er!! Give us a break!!

NB: This is to SEUN the FO. You automated spelling correction bot has gone gaga. Why does it keep re-spelling "else" wrongly? Besides, your key words like "Nairaland" & even "Seun" are non existent in the forums' dictionary!
Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by saydfact(m): 8:58am On Apr 04, 2012
no be only you oh... me self dey wonder-wonder-wonder-wonder... complete the song.

lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by RuuDie(m): 9:15am On Apr 04, 2012
@ Topic/OP.

Nothing to it. . .the sheer number of people that indulge in it is enough proof to the fact that it is borne more out of habit than anything else. By my reckoning, you are potentially insinuating that 70-80% of Nigerian car users/owners are show-offs; I beg to differ, strongly!
Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by Classique27(f): 9:19am On Apr 04, 2012
I have been wondering for long never to find an answer to this. Could it be an Automotive anathema?
Every car owner flaunt his or her car keys even if there are 50 keys on one holder, the car key
Remains pointed at people during conversation. I noticed that not only in nigeria but even worse
here in Ieland. Am not trying to be egotistic but i own an X6 with a beautiful remote key yet
I always adumbrate my key when not in need of it. This morning morning a guy came to my office with a honda
key in his hand talking and pointing at me, not knowing my car can buy 5 of his ivtec. Wat is the exact
antecedent behind this?
it's an unconscious gesture. People most times forget they are holding their keys and I think they mostly do it when their next destination is their car.
Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by yam: 9:49am On Apr 04, 2012
sheymoni: even u sef u be 'notice me'.without seeing u we all knw u hav X6 tongue tongue tongue

i think i will like to know u beta ur sense of humour will fit my lifestyle, i cant stop laughing.
Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by yam: 9:52am On Apr 04, 2012
I have been wondering for long never to find an answer to this. Could it be an Automotive anathema?
Every car owner flaunt his or her car keys even if there are 50 keys on one holder, the car key
Remains pointed at people during conversation. I noticed that not only in nigeria but even worse
here in Ieland. Am not trying to be egotistic but i own an X6 with a beautiful remote key yet
I always adumbrate my key when not in need of it. This morning morning a guy came to my office with a honda
key in his hand talking and pointing at me, not knowing my car can buy 5 of his ivtec. Wat is the exact
antecedent behind this?

i think the guy with the Honda car is more humble than u e for even use the key hit ur eye.lol
Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by yam: 10:01am On Apr 04, 2012
Atandav: na first car wahala, wen u don buy like 2 or 3 he go stop.

i love dis, so me wey neva buy car nko, as for me i know like to dey hold any thing for hand,
maybe nairaland fit give me small car to manage so i fit experiment am.
Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by Coefficient(m): 10:37am On Apr 04, 2012
Na wa oh Mr Poster! You come put urself for unnecessary limelight on Nairaland. You just invite bashing for ya head. Everybody is now aware you own X6, live in Ireland. Next time, no come here come tell us the kind rice wey u chop or chicken wey get 4 legs u chop for UK! U hear me so?? grin wink grin
Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by chiama1: 10:46am On Apr 04, 2012
They may not even know they are doing it.
Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by Tifany: 11:58am On Apr 04, 2012
I cldnt help bt keep laughing @ all ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ guyz comments anyway iff ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ huzzle i mean better huzzle dem baba God come do ‎​A̶̲̥̅♏ 4 ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊,W̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅̊i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ D̶̲̥̅̊at̶̲̥̅̊ person go do in D̶̲̥̅̊at̶̲̥̅̊ kind of situation bro abeg no vex bt na 2 flaunt ‎​A̶̲̥̅♏ wella.@ op iff D̶̲̥̅̊at̶̲̥̅̊ guy tell ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ hw him manage buy D̶̲̥̅̊at̶̲̥̅̊ honda ivytech den ‎​A̶̲̥̅♏ sure ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ wld excuse his showmanship
Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by OperaMini1(m): 12:35pm On Apr 04, 2012
It's not necessarily advert, since no Nigerian could lay claim of being the sole owner of a paricular car in the town he/she lives in.I think the hand remains the most convenient place to have my car keys.
Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by Johnny(m): 12:43pm On Apr 04, 2012
It is done unintentionally....i believe d safest place to keep ur keys is in ur hand,or stuck to ur belt holder...for those pointing it when they talk,its done unconsciously.u will do same wit ur phone or pen...just anytin u re holding!
Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by illuminati9: 2:27pm On Apr 04, 2012
Go buy ur own car n do watever u like wit d key.....every1 4 himself.
Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by prettyrich(f): 5:44pm On Apr 04, 2012
so that those who dnt ve cars will jump into the lagun.lol
Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by prettyrich(f): 6:01pm On Apr 04, 2012
tchaik:
From where I come from, this is called ADVERTISEMENT!!!
And from the same place I come from, you get chicks quite easier with such a display.
chai bros which means ur people r still backward,premitive.sorry oh!
Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by prettyrich(f): 6:06pm On Apr 04, 2012
tchaik:
From where I come from, this is called ADVERTISEMENT!!!
And from the same place I come from, you get chicks quite easier with such a display.
Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by BUSHMAN1: 6:28pm On Apr 04, 2012
@op why tell us that you own x6 and you also claim you live in ireland, that i find hard to beleif because in europe no body cares what car you are driving, i own a porsch cayenne but i ride bicycle to work, you can get any car for higher purchase its no big deal!! just pay the dealer £500 every month
Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by KrissKringle: 6:58pm On Apr 04, 2012
tpia@:
someone based in mushin was talking about his "mortgage" the other time.

today, it's somebody on okada/keke napep going on and on about his bmw X10.

lordy lordy, lord have mercy for small minded, low self esteem, bad belle, paranoid people wey no dey see another person even drink garri without taking it in a negative manner.

LMAO!! *rolling*
Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by 3ace(m): 9:39pm On Apr 04, 2012
BUSH MAN: @op why tell us that you own x6 and you also claim you live in ireland, that i find hard to beleif because in europe no body cares what car you are driving, i own a porsch cayenne but i ride bicycle to work, you can get any car for higher purchase its no big deal!! just pay the dealer £500 every month
bros, u sef use style tell us say u get porsch. gringringringringrin
Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by rajid: 11:45am On Apr 05, 2012
so that ple.................. shocked
Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by stuhporh: 11:46am On Apr 05, 2012
Wallie: People do the same with their fake watches.

lol I kept wondering why someone would keep looking at the "time" every 2 minutes while in a conversation,meanwhile they were just waiting for you to comment on their watch,last thing on my mind was it being a fake watch.Some people do the silliest things sometimes

loool, i cant stop laughing,so na so people go dey abuse me say d guy dey check him cheap wrist watch every minute make we c am... ejoor o, i use my own brand wristwatch which isnt costly at all, buh am used to looking at my time almost every minute when am talking with people, or somwhere i feel i need to use that time instead of doing whatever am doing...
Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by stuhporh: 12:01pm On Apr 05, 2012
When i was in the UNIVERSITY i used to see my mates holding up their car keys in their hand, and honestlt i believd dis isnt neccesary as its just show off, the fact is v nt a good opinion of u when i c a young dude doing that, but in the real world, started working, and in every meeting evryone has their car keys on their hand or on the desk infront of them. i think now it isnt show off anymore.
@poster, u might just be wrong about the guy and this is the wrong place to tell people you own an X6, Yet i understand what you mean by your post,
Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by stuhporh: 12:05pm On Apr 05, 2012
BUSH MAN: @op why tell us that you own x6 and you also claim you live in ireland, that i find hard to beleif because in europe no body cares what car you are driving, i own a porsch cayenne but i ride bicycle to work, you can get any car for higher purchase its no big deal!! just pay the dealer £500 every month
You need to b closer to the europeans to know that they faucking care abt what you drive, better still get a dude drivn a peugeot u both drive in front of a club @ leicester in the morning holla at same kinda girls and see if they wil follow peugeot or prsche cayenne.
Re: Why Do People Always Advertise Their Car Keys? by BUSHMAN1: 12:31pm On Apr 05, 2012
na soo my guy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
3ace: bros, u sef use style tell us say u get porsch. gringringringringrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FRSC To Begin Immediate Confiscation Of Vehicles With Expired Tyres / Any Good Car Within 500k And 600k / Best Route: Owerri To Abuja Road Trip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.