Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Have Armed Robbers Ever Visited Your House Before? Please Share Your Story - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Have Armed Robbers Ever Visited Your House Before? Please Share Your Story (9166 Views)

Police Arrested Armed Robbers In Redemption Camp Church / Pictures Of The Most Attractive Armed Forces In The World / Have Armed Robbers Ever Visited Your House Before? Please Share Your Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Armed Robbers Ever Visited Your House Before? Please Share Your Story by BUSHMAN1: 6:48pm On Apr 04, 2012
NO! but when i lived in hillbrow johannesburg i was mugged by some hoodlums, they stole everything i had on me including my underpants and shouted at me after they robbed me to run!! and i was running down the street of johannesburg naked like a mad man that night i will never forget
Re: Have Armed Robbers Ever Visited Your House Before? Please Share Your Story by Emmyk(m): 7:59am On Apr 05, 2012
Never had the experience before. Though they once broke in to our house while we wa away
Re: Have Armed Robbers Ever Visited Your House Before? Please Share Your Story by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 05, 2012
grin ;DArmed robbers visited my house 3times in 1996...The 2nd event was the most hilarious of them all. My dad had just returned from his station in Makurdi on saturday, went for a meeting on sunday wen neighbours came to pay him a visit. As my dad drove into d compound wit my mom, d neighbors came greeting with smiles & hugs, my two eldest brothers noticed a car was trailing my dad. As my brothers peeped stood by d pedestrian gate, omooooo see nollywood film.... d robbers rushed out from d car while 1 of my bros took off. D 1st stood & closed d gate (Mr Bond). They shot at the gate but d guy no fear. Me i run oh....to the back of the compound with other hefty looking neighbors and dad. Adter abt 5mins, we noticed d robbers have left. when we started looking for my dad, omooooo see my dad coming down from a 2.5mtrs tall fence that is abt 1.5times his height. D man na confirmed commado....... ;DArmed robbers visited my house 3times in 1996...The 2nd event was the most hilarious of them all. My dad had just returned from his station in Makurdi on saturday, went for a meeting on sunday wen neighbours came to pay him a visit. As my dad drove into d compound wit my mom, d neighbors came greeting with smiles & hugs, my two eldest brothers noticed a car was trailing my dad. As my brothers peeped stood by d pedestrian gate, omooooo see nollywood film.... d robbers rushed out from d car while 1 of my bros took off. D 1st stood & closed d gate (Mr Bond). They shot at the gate but d guy no fear. Me i run oh....to the back of the compound with other hefty looking neighbors and dad. Adter abt 5mins, we noticed d robbers have left. when we started looking for my dad, omooooo see my dad coming down from a 2.5mtrs tall fence that is abt 1.5times his height. D man na confirmed commado.......

1 Like

Re: Have Armed Robbers Ever Visited Your House Before? Please Share Your Story by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 05, 2012
Another crazy one was when i entered night bus in 2002 from enugu to lag. Robbers blocked d road @ asaba by total fillin station (near police force area command). we got there by 12mid night and left there by 4am. The shooting was too much. When nobody wan come enter their trap, they drove towards where we parked and started shooting at everyone and we took off to the bush. I run enter church, inside only GOD knows which village be that, with some other fellow runnees but as the church memnbers dat were doing night vigil found out from us that robbers were raiding the highway, na so vigil finish. We went back to d bush and still met ppl there. Police ppl now came wit sirens blaring and wen we came out, they said d road was free. Ppl started rushing to go but na there God save us. 2guys were missing from the bus and d driver refused to join the convoy dat were going, even after chopping hot slaps from passengers. Immediately, we heard gun shots. It was an ambush and this guys had a field day robbing and killing. They slaughtered ppl dat night (we counted abt 67bodies). My sandals lost inside bush, my trouser tear inside bush, leaf and grass cover my head and body....omoooo i was like a mad man wen i stopped @ cele bus stop in the morning. Ppl dey run from me. even one mama wey dey sell slippers carry broom dey pursue me before i bring out money give her then explain....she come give me water to arrange myself before i jet go house.....since dat night, no more night journey....

1 Like

Re: Have Armed Robbers Ever Visited Your House Before? Please Share Your Story by forkadict(m): 10:27pm On Apr 05, 2012
Nice and funny posts. But if i may ask, why is it that people generally are in awe of armed robbers? so tey police sef dey take cover? What is about those guys that instills a mega dose of fear into their victims? I dont understand.

But anyways, to God be the glory as i have never had the experience
Re: Have Armed Robbers Ever Visited Your House Before? Please Share Your Story by Jakumo(m): 9:40pm On Apr 06, 2012
The last time I ever set foot in a Nigerian bank was on Thanksgiving Day some years back. I was waiting my turn to speak with the bank manager, and seated in a narrow hallway leading to his office, reading the day's newspaper. Due to the narrow confines of the passageway, I had to turn sideways in my chair, to allow banking officials pass to and from the manager's office. A particularly huge gentleman in a grey suit paused to acknowledge my greeting as he passed by, then cracked a smile and shook my hand, commenting that it was a pleasant surprise to see a "foreign-looking" person fluent in the local dialect.

A bank official dressed in a copper-colored 3-piece business suit was chatting with the accountant at her desk, which stood on a raised platform directly in front of me, but a movement of his hand took my attention away from the newspaper in my hand. That newspaper dropped to the floor when I observed the man in the red suit calmly pull a big, black semi-automatic handgun from his waist-band, raise it in the air, and order everyone to make like lizards and lie flat on the ground. I complied instantly, but not before noting several other men scattered throughout the behind-counter banking staff area, including the grey-suited man had just moments earlier shaken my hand for a brief chat, also raising semi-auto pistols and 9mm sub-machineguns from concealment beneath immaculately tailored business suits, and repeating the order to lie flat in much louder voices. There was pin-drop silence, but for the shouted orders of the gang leader as he directed the operation.

The Master of Ceremonies in the red suit instructed the sentry posted at the door to invite all arriving bank customers to enter the banking hall and lie flat on the floor as well. Then he ordered the bank manager to produce the keys to the strong room, which was located just down the passageway in which I lay face-down, counting tiny ants that marched resolutely along the dusty floor before my nose, oblivious to my predicament. Then, a member of the gang kicked me in the side, and asked myself and a few others to stand facing the vault that had been hurriedly opened to show neat stacks of currency arranged on metal shelves from floor to ceiling.

A few bank employees were assigned the task of loading the currency bales into large, plastic-weave bags, a stack of which had been brought along by the gang. Those full bags of cash were far too heavy to carry, and so were dragged past myself and other captive spectators, out of the building and into a waiting car. The last few bales of cash were left behind in the vault on the instructions of the gang leader, who mentioned that they represented the bank manager's share of the days' transaction.

My moment of primal fear came when I was ordered to step into the air-tight bank vault. I recalled with sudden dread a recent report of some bank customers who had suffocated to death in a locked vault during a Lagos bank robbery, and I felt physically sick, quietly pledging NEVER to set foot in a Nigerian bank for the rest of my life, if I proved lucky enough to live to see the next day. Then, along with a dozen other people similarly paralyzed with fear, I shuffled into the vault and sat on what turned out to be the chest of someone lying catatonic and mute, but uninjured, on the floor.

With the cash-transfer phase of the operation complete, the gang leader fired a round from his pistol into the vault. In the closed confines of the vault, the explosion was deafening. On that cue, the rest of the delegation opened up with their guns, liberally spraying the ceiling of the bank as they finally departed the building, before unleashing more sustained volleys of fire as they slowly drove past the police station on their way out of town. I picked up the spent 9mm shell casing from the shot fired into the vault, pocketed it as a souvenir of the day's events, and walked out into the beautiful sunlight towards my car, after obtaining confirmation that my appointment to meet the bank manager would no longer hold.

4 Likes

Re: Have Armed Robbers Ever Visited Your House Before? Please Share Your Story by Sagamite(m): 8:51pm On Apr 07, 2012
Jakumo: The last few bales of cash were left behind in the vault on the instructions of the gang leader, who mentioned that they represented the bank manager's share of the days' transaction.

These fcking moorons always think they are humorous.

I think I would laugh better when I see them being put on their knees and a sawn-off shotgun is used to blow their brains and I see the contents splatter everywhere.
Re: Have Armed Robbers Ever Visited Your House Before? Please Share Your Story by violent(m): 10:23pm On Apr 08, 2012
Sagamite:

These fcking moorons always think they are humorous.

I think I would laugh better when I see them being put on their knees and a sawn-off shotgun is used to blow their brains and I see the contents splatter everywhere.

Not exactly a pleasant sight, but i wouldn't be pleased by anything less either.
Re: Have Armed Robbers Ever Visited Your House Before? Please Share Your Story by ifyalways(f): 12:49am On Apr 09, 2012
weird thread.This thread sef might be monitored by thieves.
Re: Have Armed Robbers Ever Visited Your House Before? Please Share Your Story by AqRiUsAge(f): 1:45am On Apr 09, 2012
Am not telling ANYONE mine. I intend on saving it for use as a movie scropt cheesy (no, seriously)
Re: Have Armed Robbers Ever Visited Your House Before? Please Share Your Story by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 09, 2012
ifyalways: weird thread.This thread sef might be monitored by thieves.
did u take ur medications before opening this thread if not, next time take your medications before opening a thread.
Re: Have Armed Robbers Ever Visited Your House Before? Please Share Your Story by shalom7(f): 5:51pm On May 30, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]one of d days i wil neva 4get,it was like few years ago,they came and startd searching,i like puttin on skimpies wen its nyte,they were hefty guyz,one of them kept staring at me,it was like my heart was gonna jump out,e told d rest,abeg,may i work dis gurl smal,My mum was shaking lyk,but Thanks 2 God,i was On,dat was how i escaped being raped,It was terrific
Re: Have Armed Robbers Ever Visited Your House Before? Please Share Your Story by uncletbuddy(m): 6:17pm On May 30, 2012
TREND CLOSED!
Re: Have Armed Robbers Ever Visited Your House Before? Please Share Your Story by Nobody: 8:30am On May 31, 2012
shalom@:
[color=#006600][/color]one of d days i wil neva 4get,it was like few years ago,they came and startd searching,i like puttin on skimpies wen its nyte,they were hefty guyz,one of them kept staring at me,it was like my heart was gonna jump out,e told d rest,abeg,may i work dis gurl smal,My mum was shaking lyk,but Thanks 2 God,i was On,dat was how i escaped being raped,It was terrific
glory be to God for delivering you from all those demons.. Halleluyah, halleluyah.

1 Like

Re: Have Armed Robbers Ever Visited Your House Before? Please Share Your Story by forkadict(m): 8:54am On Jun 01, 2012
shalom@:

It was terrific ke?? I guess you meant it was terrible or terrifying. Please look up terrific in your dicko

1 Like

Re: Have Armed Robbers Ever Visited Your House Before? Please Share Your Story by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 01, 2012
fork adict:

It was terrific ke?? I guess you meant it was terrible or terrifying. Please look up terrific in your dicko
does it really matter. Atleast you know what she meant

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South Africa's Xenophobic Violence | Photos Of People Burnt Alive / How To Get Mtn N70,000 Airtime & 5gb Data With Just N20 / 10 Times Kids Gave Us The Perfect Meme Face.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.