Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. (9001 Views)

Breakfast Ideas By Moxy Samz / How To Prepare A Nutritious Garri Soaked In Water / The African Breadfruit Meal (ukwa) Is Highly Nutritious And Sweet No Be Small O! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 16, 2012
@ Op,

I don't think what you have been eating is tiring, your time-table probably lacks variety.

With bread, you can make french toasts (pretty easy and quick to make), you can also make egg salads/ sandwiches (also very easy and quick to make). Vary the way you make your eggs. Don't always go with the traditional "naija-style" scrambled eggs.
Make green omelets (simply by adding spinach to your eggs). If you are a lover of egg yolks (like me cheesy ), make over-easy (sunny side up) eggs.
Also if you can, vary the spreads you use on you bread. Eating with the same spread just makes breakfast banal. Butter today, mayo tomorrow, jam the day after and peanut butter next week.

Cereal cereal cereal. Experiment with your cereal. Add groundnut to it if you will. I add almonds to my cereal to make it more crunchy.
Cube an apple and add to your bowl of cornflakes. Grapes in oats isn't a bad idea either.

I wouldn't recommend yam for breakfast, it is way too heavy. But if you must, what kind of sauces do you use in eating your yam? Eating yam and stew is hard work in opinion. The stew dries out your mouth and make chewing the yam an even more grueling process.
Garden egg isn't a bad idea. Try making a sauce with bell pepper, ugwu, mushrooms and onions. Sooo yummy. Again, you can use eggs (with spinach) to eat your yams.

Potatoes: Have you tried mashing your Irish potatoes in a pot, and eating it with veggies? Yummy! If you like deep-fried food, you could always fry your potatoes, whether Irish/sweet.

Plantain: There is this Ghanaian dish called Kelewele. Indicate in a post if you want the recipe and it would be included in my next post.

Smoothies. I know with the erratic power supply in Nigeria, this might be a hard one. But whenever you can manage it, make smoothies! There are a 1001 different recipes online that suit our individual tastes.

Salads! Yes, start your day with a plate of Salad. The one I find easiest to make comprises of an apple, a tomato, 1/4 cucumber, 1/4 cup of pasta, 1 carrot, chicken broth and 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise.

Would post when I remember more.

1 Like

Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by binbass(m): 4:40pm On Apr 16, 2012
Emylexray: Try akamu and okro mixed together, garnished with roasted frong accompained with a bottle of alomo!..you'll thank me i swear..over-balanced diet
This guy don mara, naughty boy.
Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by BlueMurder(m): 4:41pm On Apr 16, 2012
Garri and kulikuli.
Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 16, 2012
cogsej06:

YES!!! So U call dem food abi?? But wen U see '' '' covering a word U should understand dat dere can b reservations........nawa ooooo dats y we see lots of fat n orobo kids frm such home. Conflakes ko...... oat ni....

I don't seem to understand what your definition/ idea of junk is. You might wanna enlighten me on that, before I make further comments.
So Oats make people fat? Someone has definitely got to do some more research.
Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by Pennywise(m): 4:48pm On Apr 16, 2012
Indomie
Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 16, 2012
^ So much for a nutritious breakfast idea. wink lol
Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by onyeokwu: 5:06pm On Apr 16, 2012
you can drink garri with kwilikwili
Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 16, 2012
I think a wel pounded fufu (akpu) wit a delicious Ogbono or Egusi soup is a nice bet 4 a nutritious breakfast...:-D
Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by manny4life(m): 5:24pm On Apr 16, 2012
Cereal with oats/raisin bran + with fruits, for me it's Bananas/Orange

If you want to mini-cook like I do, go get these lean turkey patties that's microwaveable + frozen scrambled eggs + Biscuits. They're some cream cheese in triangular packs or sour cream cheese, I go for the strawberry type that's lean in fat and healthy. This probably takes about 15mins or even less to prepare, you're done.
Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by hamsky: 5:24pm On Apr 16, 2012
HOT WATER AND CHEWING GUM
Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by chucky234(m): 5:27pm On Apr 16, 2012
Oskilala: Try Popcorn & Carrot
Carrot and popcorn,hmmm I laugh your face
Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by chucky234(m): 5:35pm On Apr 16, 2012
OP says nutritious food for breakfast and everyone is asking her to mix pumpkin leaves with ground nuts with akara and popcorn.
Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by cogsej06(m): 6:00pm On Apr 16, 2012
naijasexy:

I don't seem to understand what your definition/ idea of junk is. You might wanna enlighten me on that, before I make further comments.
So Oats make people fat? Someone has definitely got to do some more research.

N U expect me 2 enlighten U ryt? Hehehehehe hahhahahahhaha, I laugh in efik.....becos U cant reach ur dictionary n pc for research/explanatn abi....wait 4 me I am coming....mcheeeeeeeeeeeeew. See all dis conflakes, oat etc is ok but nt what I see in every home as dere steady breakfast. 4 me I take dem as inbetween wen I am either watchin tv or just feel like taking sumtin. Although nt too often dats what I am preaching Ma'am, U have turned it 2 food which its NOT. It is called cover space in my recipe usually taken around 11:30am n 1pm after breakfast or some hrs b4 lunch. Go n learn hw 2 cook n stop taking nonsense ok........But nawa oooooooo girls abi ladies cant cook again is dat it
Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by joelala(m): 6:08pm On Apr 16, 2012
cogsej06:

YES!!! So U call dem food abi?? But wen U see '' '' covering a word U should understand dat dere can b reservations........nawa ooooo dats y we see lots of fat n orobo kids frm such home. Conflakes ko...... oat ni....

you are just an ignorant dummy calling oats junk and thinking its fattening. anyway for your lack of knowledge, oat meal is the best you can have as breakfast every mrng, cos it protects you from cancer and other cadio vascular diseases..what you think is fattening actually helps reduced cholesterol(LDL) in the body, apparently its good for FAT people. if you are obese i'll advice you take your oats with DANO SLIM and honey. you can get more facts here http://health.learninginfo.org/benefits-oatmeal.htm http://eatmoreoats.com/health.html
Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by Claracuzio: 6:31pm On Apr 16, 2012
Dry gin / alomo bitters as apetizer then hot rice and beans with kpomo.
I swear there is nothing better.
Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 16, 2012
cogsej06:

N U expect me 2 enlighten U ryt? Hehehehehe hahhahahahhaha, I laugh in efik.....becos U cant reach ur dictionary n pc for research/explanatn abi....wait 4 me I am coming....mcheeeeeeeeeeeeew. See all dis conflakes, oat etc is ok but nt what I see in every home as dere steady breakfast. 4 me I take dem as inbetween wen I am either watchin tv or just feel like taking sumtin. Although nt too often dats what I am preaching Ma'am, U have turned it 2 food which its NOT. It is called cover space in my recipe usually taken around 11:30am n 1pm after breakfast or some hrs b4 lunch. Go n learn hw 2 cook n stop taking nonsense ok........But nawa oooooooo girls abi ladies cant cook again is dat it

You are quite foolish and I feel very sorry for you. undecided
Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by Ninilowo(m): 6:35pm On Apr 16, 2012
Last nite pounded yam(iyan ewu) and okro. No be small thing.
Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by heavensown: 6:56pm On Apr 16, 2012
How about chips, omelette and baked beans smiley
Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by Ishilove: 7:13pm On Apr 16, 2012
ckkris: Akpu, Amala, Tuwo, with better vegetable soup. That's man's food. Then he can survive go slow, intrigue at work, & all the wahala, by drinking tea and all other nonsense fast food. Otherwise fine, fine babes go use lunch time collect una husband. After prophet go say na winch. Solid in the morning for energy for the day, solid in the evening, and madam go de happy, well well. For variety, yam, rice, beans, but always with vegetable.
Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by Ishilove: 7:28pm On Apr 16, 2012
naijasexy: @ Op,

I don't think what you have been eating is tiring, your time-table probably lacks variety.

With bread, you can make french toasts (pretty easy and quick to make), you can also make egg salads/ sandwiches (also very easy and quick to make). Vary the way you make your eggs. Don't always go with the traditional "naija-style" scrambled eggs.
Make green omelets (simply by adding spinach to your eggs). If you are a lover of egg yolks (like me cheesy ), make over-easy (sunny side up) eggs.
Also if you can, vary the spreads you use on you bread. Eating with the same spread just makes breakfast banal. Butter today, mayo tomorrow, jam the day after and peanut butter next week.

Cereal cereal cereal. Experiment with your cereal. Add groundnut to it if you will. I add almonds to my cereal to make it more crunchy.
Cube an apple and add to your bowl of cornflakes. Grapes in oats isn't a bad idea either.

I wouldn't recommend yam for breakfast, it is way too heavy. But if you must, what kind of sauces do you use in eating your yam? Eating yam and stew is hard work in opinion. The stew dries out your mouth and make chewing the yam an even more grueling process.
Garden egg isn't a bad idea. Try making a sauce with bell pepper, ugwu, mushrooms and onions. Sooo yummy. Again, you can use eggs (with spinach) to eat your yams.

Potatoes: Have you tried mashing your Irish potatoes in a pot, and eating it with veggies? Yummy! If you like deep-fried food, you could always fry your potatoes, whether Irish/sweet.

Plantain: There is this Ghanaian dish called Kelewele. Indicate in a post if you want the recipe and it would be included in my next post.

Smoothies. I know with the erratic power supply in Nigeria, this might be a hard one. But whenever you can manage it, make smoothies! There are a 1001 different recipes online that suit our individual tastes.

Salads! Yes, start your day with a plate of Salad. The one I find easiest to make comprises of an apple, a tomato, 1/4 cucumber, 1/4 cup of pasta, 1 carrot, chicken broth and 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise.

*eyebrows raised*
And she is to achieve these feats before dawn??!
Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by cogsej06(m): 7:41pm On Apr 16, 2012
[quote author=joelala]

you are just an ignorant dummy calling oats junk and thinking its fattening. anyway for your lack of knowledge, oat meal is the best you can have as breakfast every mrng, cos it protects you from cancer and other cadio vascular diseases..what you think is fattening actually helps reduced cholesterol(LDL) in the body, apparently its good for FAT people. if you are obese i'll advice you take your oats with DANO SLIM and honey. you can get more facts here http://health.learninginfo.org/benefits-oatmeal.htm http://eatmoreoats.com/health.html [/quot

U R a bloody bastard U kno......hv U ever taken oat without some fatty content like U condense milk mcheeeeew........Try taking oat as breakfast 4 2months n see d end result. U unrepentant imp.....
Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by cogsej06(m): 7:46pm On Apr 16, 2012
naijasexy:

You are quite foolish and I feel very sorry for you. undecided

me Well I cant join issues will a scallywag Bitch n a nagging LovePeddler like U.
Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by seanmykel(m): 8:00pm On Apr 16, 2012
jtkoko9: Another quick one if you have your regular cornflakes at hand is to pour some groundnuts in it and you are good to go.

Weird, did u mistake d cornflakes for garri??
Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by seanmykel(m): 8:04pm On Apr 16, 2012
We are forgetting Indomie and Egg o!! grin
Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by Ishilove: 8:53pm On Apr 16, 2012
naijasexy: @ Op,

Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by Ishilove: 8:58pm On Apr 16, 2012
ckkris: Akpu, Amala, Tuwo, with better vegetable soup. That's man's food. Then he can survive go slow, intrigue at work, & all the wahala, by drinking tea and all other nonsense fast food. Otherwise fine, fine babes go use lunch time collect una husband. After prophet go say na winch. Solid in the morning for energy for the day, solid in the evening, and madam go de happy, well well. For variety, yam, rice, beans, but always with vegetable.

Twale!!!!!!!
Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 16, 2012
Ishilove:
*eyebrows raised*
And she is to achieve these feats before dawn??!

You can make most of the dishes I suggested in that post, under 15 minutes. smiley
Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 16, 2012
cogsej06:

me Well I cant join issues will a scallywag Bitch n a nagging LovePeddler like U.

Lol. You are very silly but that's okay as this world would be uninteresting without your ilk. smiley
Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by balogunsam(m): 10:11pm On Apr 16, 2012
jtkoko9: ;DYou can have susages with bread, moi-moi/akara + pap, boiled unripe plantain with gardenegg sauce, ther's so much you can have for breakfast

omg...i feel like marrying u already..i love a woman who doesnt ask 'what do u want to eat' all d time but keeps suprising her hubby/family with new meals....
Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by ckkris: 10:50pm On Apr 16, 2012
@Ishilove
what is Twale

Thanks. Copying oyinbo in everything, especially in food, is bad for the African environment. Africans should eat to be strong and healthy. Oyinbo eat themselves into flabby condition in order to show they're upper class.
Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by wakes: 11:40pm On Apr 16, 2012
take moringa tea, it is a perfect meal for breakfast
Re: Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. by NEROSKY(m): 1:10am On Apr 17, 2012
why dont you try Bread n Close-up
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Congolese Eat Gorillas And Apes!! / Do You Eat Your Meat Before, During, or After a Meal? / What's Your Best Food Combination?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.