Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,129 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? (4089 Views)

2 Nigerian Pilgrims Abscond In Isreal / Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims / Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by olabowale(m): 1:13am On Nov 13, 2007
@jerrymania: No my man, am not prancing around. Thats a gurlie thing. Am 100% prime African muslim male. We do not behave like tinkle bells.
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by auwal87(m): 7:20am On Nov 13, 2007
Some Good Jews do recognize Almighty Allah and worship him properly please check this out (http://www.Jews-for-Allah.org)
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by cgift(m): 9:48am On Nov 13, 2007
olabowale:

@Cgift: Evidently, the typical Yoruba christian, which you are, does not know that there are norther Christians. Islam, contrary to the belief of Nigerians, is not a northern Nigerian religion. The religion is not even Arab people religion. These two people are not 100% muslims.

I know Mister! Christains are even dominating the north mor than ever before now. That's why your islamist fundamentals and fanatics are trying to curtail their expansion with the sword.

olabowale:

Unfortunately, you just talk and have no cultural sense. My children, are cultured in a manner that, InshaAllah, will not steal, and there is no fear of them being amputated.

Amen! I do not pray your son should become a thief. Pity those petty thieves that hunger have driven to the edge. was only giving an analogy.

olabowale:

However, in Islam, Allah's mercy is limitless, hence a first time offender is not usually exposed. However, when the type of bad behaviour, like stealing, becomes a second nature of the thief, he becomes careless. Hence, he has no moral compass to distinguish this evil behaviour from what is morally sound. God Almighty, may, if He wills, expose the thief, to be caught, in the act of thievery. The amputees, are not first time offenders. If the Northern Nigerians muslims practise Shariah, properly, there is no blame in the judgements handed down. I do not live in Nigeria and am not a scholar of Islam to seriously comment.

What I know, however, is enough to make me live a relatively honest life. I do not engage in any of the others may engage in. For sure, there is a rule that the Muslims have to follow; it involves in Shariah court, witness and hearing procedure before decisions and carrying out the justice, about any offense.

Where the sharia system is very dumd is that it cannot curtail sins of the mind. An amputee can be a more dangerous criminal than the one who has all his organs intact. Your sharia is just a mirage. Its not effective.

olabowale:

You failed to realise that Jesus himself did not throw any stone at the woman, he used wisdom and mercy from his Lord Allah to extracate, from the peril. Yet the condition of Jesus , all along was that all the laws and rulings given to Moses were to be fulfilled including the littlest of jot! Moses law called for the stoning. So why didn't Jesus stone the woman, himself? Except, there was part of Moses law that allows for mercy and Jesus used that part, which the Jews had always neglected. Afterall, Moses expressed mercy, from his Lord, Allah, toward Pharaoh, for a while, before the drowning at the sea.

Sorry sir! Jesus Himself is full of grace and truth and did not have to 'consult' before forgiving the poor woman. Moses' law could hav called for stoning, it was because God wantd his own dominion and authority established on earth and because he is the author of life, he decides whom to allow and whom to exterminate. Jesus however opened the way and took away th sins of the world and quelled God's anger. We are all now being looked at through Christ's love.

olabowale:

In any case, if Jesus, showed mercy on the poor and helpless woman, it was not Jesus' sole perogative. It was from his Lord, who had instructed him so.

Oh! Allah more often than not refusd to show mercy to 'Infidels'

olabowale:

Muhammad and his supporters, upon conquering Makka, did not visit a wholesale slaughter upon his former arch enemy, who as a people ran him and his supporters out their native city. He declared general amnesty over the city and that has never been equal in the history of mankind! It is a whole city, full of people who had offended him and treated him terribly.

Yet, Muhammad, like Jesus in the Qur'an, was not arrogant and not proud. But gave all the glory th his Creator.

Please do not compare Jesus and MO. Won ki n se egbe rara! They are not mates you hear? Kep praying that peace will go and meet MO in his grave. Jesus on the other hand is the embdiment of peace Himself.

Wake up!
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by pilgrim1(f): 12:14pm On Nov 13, 2007
#1.
olabowale:

Yet, Muhammad, like Jesus in the Qur'an, was not arrogant and not proud. But gave all the glory th his Creator.

#2.
davidylan:

All these false attempts to interject Allah into the bible.

#3.
Ndipe:

Ironic that some muslims try to incorporate mohammed into The Holy Bible while denying the Authenticity of the Holy Scriptures. Make up your mind!

@olabowale and dear Muslims,

I've been away for a while due to my very busy schedules. However, coming back briefly to see what's been going on simply leaves me shaking my head in pity at the way you guys have tried to defend the controversies of Islam with regards to your allegations against the BIBLE. After reading your cradlesongs, the only thought that ran through my thinking was a simple question:

Did 'Allah' reveal the BIBLE that you Muslims are attacking today?

The several counter-arguments that Muslims have advanced in defence of the present topic makes me wonder if you gentlemen are simply endued with such ignorance as to pretend the answers you seek to the topic question are not in the Qur'an or Hadith! If that is not the case, then obviously it appears that duplicity is your forte - and at that level, perhaps, such trademark "al-taqiyya" is beyond recovery.

Let me help you think about this topic by proposing a few questions:

(a) As a Muslim, do you believe that 'Allah' revealed the "BIBLE" - YES or NO?

(b) 'Allah' in the Qur'an declares that nobody can change his words:

~ there is none who can change the words of God (Sura 6:34)

~ There is none who can change His words (Sura 18:27)

~ My word shall not be changed (Sura 50:29)

If 'Allah' had revealed the BIBLE, why is he accusing his own revelation of "corruption" after declaring that nobody can alter/change his word?

(c) Did Allah claim anywhere in the Qur'an or Hadiths that the "Torah and Injil" were "lost"?

(d) If Allah did not make such a claim anywhere, why are you Muslims today unblushingly making such claims and further exposing your deceit?

My dear Muslim friends, from all your arguments, it seems all the more obvious to me that many of you are professionally superstitious about your Islam - because you have spent so much time arguing away from the FACTS in your Qur'an and Hadiths.

I'd be glad to help bleach your duplicity yet again if you come back with your trademark denials to the facts pointed out in the questions above. Please dare pilgrim.1! grin

Shalom!
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by pilgrim1(f): 12:22pm On Nov 13, 2007
Hi @all,

First, I want to thank several contributors who attempted to humour the query of the topic of this thread. Davidylan, Ricadelide, Wordsmith, Ndipe, cgift and others - your contributions are very much appreciated.

However, I still maintain that it's not my style to dance to the Islamic gimmicks of Muslims asking illiterate questions while they themselves are neither interested in honest discussions nor in seeking to provide simple answers to the questions others ask them. I trust it is clear now to all that some Muslim propagandists and their adulators have fooled themselves to the full by repeatedly asking the same otiose questions without the faintest clue as to what they slaved themselves upon.

Rather than seek to repeat answers from davidylan and others, I'd instead approach this issue somewhat differently. If the basic issue here is that Muslims merely wanted to demonstrate how analphabetic they are, then they have well proven their point. grin
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by pilgrim1(f): 12:26pm On Nov 13, 2007
Let me remind my Muslim friends once again of the germane questions that would help us contextualize the discussion in this thread:

After reading your cradlesongs, the only thought that ran through my thinking was a simple question:

Did 'Allah' reveal the BIBLE that you Muslims are attacking today?

Let me help you think about this topic by proposing a few questions:

(a) As a Muslim, do you believe that 'Allah' revealed the "BIBLE" - YES or NO?

(b) 'Allah' in the Qur'an declares that nobody can change his words:

~ there is none who can change the words of God (Sura 6:34)

~ There is none who can change His words (Sura 18:27)

~ My word shall not be changed (Sura 50:29)

If 'Allah' had revealed the BIBLE, why is he accusing his own revelation of "corruption" after declaring that nobody can alter/change his word?

(c) Did Allah claim anywhere in the Qur'an or Hadiths that the "Torah and Injil" were "lost"?

(d) If Allah did not make such a claim anywhere, why are you Muslims today unblushingly making such claims and further exposing your deceit?

I'd be glad to help bleach your duplicity yet again if you come back with your trademark denials to the facts pointed out in the questions above. Please dare pilgrim.1! grin

Shalom!
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Ndipe(m): 11:52pm On Nov 13, 2007
All these abusive word calling someone an analphabetic aint worth it, @pilgrim.
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by olabowale(m): 12:15am On Nov 14, 2007
@Pligrim.1: Aburo. She the exam was okay? I wish you extreme success. Amiin.

The Yes and no about Bible as a revealed "Book of Allah," is from khaled at answering islam.com, right? I just stumbled on the site today. Well last week, somebody invaded my compute with some, what is supposed to be about Isra wa Miraj, from the Qur'an. As I read on, i realised it was not proislam, but trying to disprove, the occurence of the events. Well, when i got to this site, today, the same argument that you are making now is what khaled is making. He was just trying to narrow everyone by some esoteric thinking. He want to apply logic to everything.

Let me answer your question: We all agree that man is giving free will on everything. The will to choice, between right and wrong. Yet people know what is right and opt for the opposite. During the time of Noah, he called his nation to the truth. Yet only a few answered. The rest refused, including his son and wife. So the evil handwork of mankind, has been going on befoer Moses. Since we are talking about Moses, David, and Jesus revealed revelations, we have to ask this direct question: If Moses' Torah was never corrupted, why do you need David's sabuur? If These two were never corrupted, why would we need Injiil? please bare in mind that each prophet that came after the previous, is a reminder, reformer to set people straight, again. If people were on the straight part, why is there a need for another prophet? Then, why is there realky a need for a prophet with a revelation?

God, had used the progenies of Isiaq (as), which ended with Isa bin Mariam. God, as He willed turn the other line, the progeny of Ismail (as). This is Muhammad, a descendant of Ibrahiim (as), the upright, in belief. Ibrahiim did not add or associate any god with God Almighty. In Muhammad (as), God confirmed that the other books had been corrupted (not oure any more), through the hands of the scribes and rabbis. He guarantees that the Qur'an will never enter the realm of corruption. He guarantees it, Himself. That is enough for me!

I will now simply go to your Bible, even though that is not necessary, but simply to point this out to you. Could you comfirm to me with certainty that there is no single verse that will corroborate that they scribes have played fast and loose with any part of the Bible? Please take into the account of many factors, the many varied types of Bibke in exuistence from the ages, the verses that are missing in one and not in another, whole book/chapters missing in one and not in another. Please consider your answer very greatly, before putting anything down. If you are no able to defend the indefensible, then come back to Islam. Allah, is always merciful and alway forgiving.

To ba binu ton, she wa fowo wo nu?

@Ndipe: Thanks my man. She is so angry, I can smell it from here.
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Nobody: 12:33am On Nov 14, 2007
olabowale:

Let me answer your question: We all agree that man is giving free will on everything. The will to choice, between right and wrong. Yet people know what is right and opt for the opposite. During the time of Noah, he called his nation to the truth. Yet only a few answered. The rest refused, including his son and wife.

Here is something that never stops fascinating me. The story of Noah is NOT in the quran, infact you regale us with a tale from the very same bible you then go on to claim that allah confirmed as corrupted by the scribes?

olabowale:

So the evil handwork of mankind, has been going on befoer Moses. Since we are talking about Moses, David, and Jesus revealed revelations, we have to ask this direct question:

Crap and nonsense. Sir Olabowale, it seems the muslims also suffer from a chronic inability to understand the truth even when it stares them in the face, always choosing to run back to the default "revealed revelations" nonsense that was the hallmark of mohammed's forgery.
Moses wrote 5 books in the old testament . . . most of them were his own very words to the jews and documentaries on the Jewish 40yr journey in the wilderness . . . how does this qualify as a revelation?
David wrote the psalms . . . essentially a book of poetry and song lyrics . . . and you refer to this as a "revelation"? So if i publish a book of poetry, that is also a "revelation"?

Jesus Christ wrote not a single part of the new testament and yet you persist with this nonsense of "revealed revelations"?

olabowale:

If Moses' Torah was never corrupted, why do you need David's sabuur?

David's 150 psalms have absolutely no relation to the books of the law that Moses wrote. This kind of question can only come from the intellectually impaired.

olabowale:

If These two were never corrupted, why would we need Injiil?

The gospels are the story of the life and ministry of Jesus Christ . . . what do they have to do with the psalms and deuteronomy? Alhaji think before posting.

olabowale:

please bare in mind that each prophet that came after the previous, is a reminder, reformer to set people straight, again.

The prophets of the old testament were like God's spiritual leaders of Isreal (not merely reformers) before the Jews demanded to have kings like other nations.

olabowale:

If people were on the straight part, why is there a need for another prophet? Then, why is there realky a need for a prophet with a revelation?

This is ridiculous . . . why do you need an imam? Why dont you kick out your imam once your mosque has mastered the art of islamic prayer?

Alhaji, there are just too many yawning gaps in your tattle. Where is the torah and injil allah claimed to have sent? did mohammed lose it?
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by pilgrim1(f): 1:49am On Nov 14, 2007
@Ndipe and olabowale,

Ndipe:

All these abusive word calling someone an analphabetic aint worth it, @pilgrim.

olabowale:

@Ndipe: Thanks my man. She is so angry, I can smell it from here.

To reassure you, I wasn't angry. And yes, "analphabetic" is a word I'd use to describe illiterate posts pretending to ask intelligent 'questions'. We have been through this issue again and again - and several people have attempted to echo the same illiterate questions again and again in complete vacancy of thought!

Even after davidylan offered them pointers to their worries, they pretended to not see the answers they were seeking. I also tried offering them the reason why I don't oblige any answers to such Muslim hypocrisy - and they kept on the same dense queries.

If people are seeking answers, then certainly I would offer answers - I have always done that in the past, and will continue to do so. But the moment it all becomes a deliberate exercise of duplicity, I don't waste time trying to pretend that such fellows are being "intelligent".

If they can read, they should do so and move the discussion forward. If they cannot read and then pretend the intelligence they don't have, it's no use trying to be politically correct with such piteous rascality.

Regards.
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by pilgrim1(f): 2:27am On Nov 14, 2007
@olabowale,

olabowale:

To ba binu ton, she wa fowo wo nu?

Egbon, mi o binu. If we keep entertaining this dishonest games Muslims play on the Forum, we would never get anywhere.

olabowale:

@Pligrim.1: Aburo. She the exam was okay? I wish you extreme success. Amiin.

Thank you. smiley

olabowale:

The Yes and no about Bible as a revealed "Book of Allah," is from khaled at answering islam.com, right? I just stumbled on the site today. Well last week, somebody invaded my compute with some, what is supposed to be about Isra wa Miraj, from the Qur'an. As I read on, i realised it was not proislam, but trying to disprove, the occurence of the events. Well, when i got to this site, today, the same argument that you are making now is what khaled is making. He was just trying to narrow everyone by some esoteric thinking. He want to apply logic to everything.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I didn't get my understanding from Khaled or any website. As you may see from the way I carefully worded my questions, I was particularly more interested in what Muhammad claimed Allah had revealed in the Qur'an and Hadith.

I apologise, though, that my previous entry was strong and passionate - and that was because it was actually amazing to me to discover that most Muslims do not even read their own Qur'an or Hadith. That was the reason why I observed that many Muslims spend their time arguing away from the facts as stated in the Qur'an and Hadiths.

It would help us come to an understanding somewhere if we could at least seek to answer those questions as simply as could be helped. What I'm basically looking out for is whether or not Muslims today deny the FACTS revealed in their own revered books (Qur'an and Hadith).

olabowale:

Let me answer your question: We all agree that man is giving free will on everything. The will to choice, between right and wrong. Yet people know what is right and opt for the opposite. During the time of Noah, he called his nation to the truth. Yet only a few answered. The rest refused, including his son and wife. So the evil handwork of mankind, has been going on befoer Moses.

You've simply deviated course here, as your inference has no bearing or relevance to the core concerns of my questions.

olabowale:

Since we are talking about Moses, David, and Jesus revealed revelations, we have to ask this direct question: If Moses' Torah was never corrupted, why do you need David's sabuur? If These two were never corrupted, why would we need Injiil?

In the first place, if 'Allah' is the one who revealed both the Torah (Law of Moses), Injil (Gospel) and Zabur (Psalms), by claiming that those documents have been corrupted, Muslims should realize that 'Allah' would be contradicting his own claim that NOBODY can corrupt his word! If those documents came from 'Allah', then indeed his own word has been corrupted!

Secondly, the Zabur (Psalms) were never given to replace the Torah - 'Allah' never once claimed that because the Torah was corrupt, that was why the Zabur was revealed. The same thing with the Injil - it was not given to replace the Torah or Zabur on any allegation of corruption. It is rather Muslims themselves who came up with this duplicity of a LOST Torah and Injil to allege what they cannot hitherto defend.

That was why I asked those questions to help us contextualize the real issues to be discussed - rather than keep entertaining the same run-away assertions that you have been unable to substantiate. Please open you Qur'an and Hadiths and show me just where Allah alleged that the Torah and Injil were LOST!!

olabowale:

please bare in mind that each prophet that came after the previous, is a reminder, reformer to set people straight, again. If people were on the straight part, why is there a need for another prophet? Then, why is there realky a need for a prophet with a revelation?

Sura 3:58
This (which) We recite unto thee is a revelation
and a wise reminder."

Sura 12:104
And you do not ask them for a reward for this;
it is nothing but a reminder for all mankind.

Muhammad made claims of receiving a Qur'an that was a "reminder" and a "criterion", not so? Dear olabowale, Muhammad's Qur'an was not "reminding" nobody about the real teaching of the Torah, the Injil nor the Zabur. Period.

Have you taken the time to read the Bible? Rather than stand akimbo accusing the Torah and Injil of having been "corrupted" or LOST, why don't you make an effort to settle down and read carefully through that Book (the Bible) and see for yourself that Muhammad muddled up the Biblical narratives instead of reminding people of the teachings contained in it!

I have asked you earlier in another thread:

~ Where did Muhammad "remind" Muslims that Jesus Christ is the Son of God?

~ Where did Muhammad "remind" anybody about Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection?

~ Where did Muhammad "remind" people of the prophecies of Jesus?

Please when you find where Muhammad reminded anybody about those three issues, post them and let's consider them.

olabowale:

God, had used the progenies of Isiaq (as), which ended with Isa bin Mariam. God, as He willed turn the other line, the progeny of Ismail (as). This is Muhammad, a descendant of Ibrahiim (as), the upright, in belief. Ibrahiim did not add or associate any god with God Almighty. In Muhammad (as), God confirmed that the other books had been corrupted (not oure any more), through the hands of the scribes and rabbis. He guarantees that the Qur'an will never enter the realm of corruption. He guarantees it, Himself. That is enough for me!

I respect your persuasions; but until you reconcile your thoughts with the two opposite claims as suggested in my previous questions, your arguments are actully saying aboslutely nothing.

Did 'Allah' reveal the BIBLE?

Did 'Allah' not claim that NOBODY can change or alter his word?

If 'Allah' revealed the BIBLE, how come he allowed it to be corrupted?

Are Muslims now denying Muhammad's claim that 'Allah' revealed the BIBLE?

Please let me know what would be your claims to the above? Take them one after the other - and then you'll find just how fluctuating your arguments truly are!
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by pilgrim1(f): 2:40am On Nov 14, 2007
@olabowale,

olabowale:

I will now simply go to your Bible, even though that is not necessary, but simply to point this out to you. Could you comfirm to me with certainty that there is no single verse that will corroborate that they scribes have played fast and loose with any part of the Bible?

I have discussed that issue earlier on the confusion that you guys have with respect to Jeremiah 8:8. The prophet Jeremiah lived well before Muhammad was born - but Muhammad never accused the Torah of having been corrupted in his day, until he found that the Jews would not be fooled to assume he was a prophet sent by God as the Biblical prophets were sent.

At the time of Jesus, please where do you read that He claimed that the Torah was either "corrupt" or "lost"?

olabowale:

Please take into the account of many factors, the many varied types of Bibke in exuistence from the ages, the verses that are missing in one and not in another, whole book/chapters missing in one and not in another.

Lol. . . olabowale, you have tried using that excuse many times until it has lost its elasticity! grin Muhammad claimed that the Qur'an is the pure, direct word of 'Allah' - and Muslims have held on to that claim for centuries. The one question they should be seeking to answer is why indeed Muslims have fought themselves over the variations in recitation as well as readings? Did Muhammad not claim that angel Gabriel read the Qur'an to him in seven variations? Is it not true that the Hadith reveals that there were verses which were CANCELLED from the Qur'an?

Lol. . . my dear, please don't dance around the core issues here. I would actually be enthused to read how you deny Muhammad's claim that his 'Allah' revealed the BIBLE that Muslims are now attacking. grin

olabowale:

Please consider your answer very greatly, before putting anything down.

No worries - I've done so.

olabowale:

If you are no able to defend the indefensible, then come back to Islam. Allah, is always merciful and alway forgiving.

Teheheheh. . . grin WHAT have you defended hiterto?

I'm still waiting for answers from Muslims. Rather than continue to humour me with the long-winding theories you offer to argue away from the core issues here, please go through the questions again and proffer sound answers to show me where I'm gravely mistaken!

Shallom.
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by olabowale(m): 3:03am On Nov 14, 2007
@Davidylan: You are yelling, again, David! Calm down. I believe that we can all get along. There is a surah, named Nuuh (Noah), in the Qur'an. So David, whats your problem. Noah is now an exclusive personality of the Jews and Christians, and not that of Muslims? You must be kidding me. I think your ignorance about Qur'an is a major problem. No wonder you write as if you are forcing us, the muslims to accept your premise.

Imams are necessary in islamic prayers, for the simple fact that there must be a leader in a congregational leader, in any congregational prayer.

@Pligrim.1: Is this what you are calling responses? davidylan of all people? David, is not serious. He just a player.

Please show me the authentic hadith, with sound chain of naration, of cancelled and not in Qur'an verses, yet revealed to Muhammad. We are not talking about abrogated verses here. All the abrogated verses are in the Qur'an. For example, the process of forbiddening alcohol, illustrates this abrogation in the Qur'an.

So my lady, you believed that Muhammad was telling the truth, when he said his 'Allah' revealed the Bible? If you believe that part, then you have to believe it when he said his 'Allah' said the the Bible is corrupted. When it was revealed afresh, it was uncorrupted. God did not reveal it already corrupted. That would have been possible.

However, in time, it became corrupted and his'Allah' informed him of it. Is this very difficult for you to understand? My darling, I don't have to humor you. All am doing is disarming you. I understand. Ayini ke lo mo. O ma yini pada. Ibadan lo mo. O mo layi po. Laugh and sleep tight.
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by pilgrim1(f): 3:47am On Nov 14, 2007
@olabowale,

olabowale:

@Pligrim.1: Is this what you are calling responses? davidylan of all people? David, is not serious. He just a player.

Hehe. . grin I would disagree hugely with you. If he was not a serious minded person, he would not be reasoning issues through as he has done in his several replies!

olabowale:

Please show me the authentic hadith, with sound chain of naration, of cancelled and not in Qur'an verses, yet revealed to Muhammad. We are not talking about abrogated verses here. All the abrogated verses are in the Qur'an. For example, the process of forbiddening alcohol, illustrates this abrogation in the Qur'an.

Again, I'll do so from the "authentic hadith" and show you where I got my persuasions from. The one thing that surprises me is that you guys keep arguing away from the real issues and then come back to post comments that only demonstrate that you haven't read your Qur'an and Hadiths.

In due course, I shall oblige you and post answers to your request. Could I also ask you to simply answer those questions above earlier? They would help us all to see exactly what you think about 'Allah', Muhammad, the Qur'an and Islam. smiley

olabowale:

So my lady, you believed that Muhammad was telling the truth, when he said his 'Allah' revealed the Bible?

I couldn't care less. The issue is not mine to worry over - as you can see that my questions were deliberately seeking what MUSLIMS think in view of the FACT that it was Muslims who actually DENIED the same facts in their own Qur'an and Hadiths.

olabowale:

If you believe that part, then you have to believe it when he said his 'Allah' said the the Bible is corrupted.

I'm not gullible to swallow everything Muhammad claimed - for many things he claimed were simply false!

olabowale:

When it was revealed afresh, it was uncorrupted. God did not reveal it already corrupted. That would have been possible.

What was revealed "afresh", olabowale?

olabowale:

However, in time, it became corrupted and his'Allah' informed him of it.

Which already contradicts 'Allah's' claim that NOBODY can alter his word. PERIOD. cool

olabowale:

Is this very difficult for you to understand? My darling, I don't have to humor you. All am doing is disarming you.

So far, you have only given me stronger reasons why your job is quite a failure! grin

olabowale:

I understand. Ayini ke lo mo. O ma yini pada. Ibadan lo mo. O mo layi po. Laugh and sleep tight.

Same with you.

Cheers. cheesy
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Nobody: 5:52am On Nov 14, 2007
olabowale:

@Davidylan: You are yelling, again, David! Calm down. I believe that we can all get along. There is a surah, named Nuuh (Noah), in the Qur'an. So David, whats your problem. Noah is now an exclusive personality of the Jews and Christians, and not that of Muslims? You must be kidding me. I think your ignorance about Qur'an is a major problem. No wonder you write as if you are forcing us, the muslims to accept your premise.

So based on this, i went off to read the surah named Nuuh. and what did i find there?

olabowale:

During the time of Noah, he called his nation to the truth. Yet only a few answered. The rest refused, including his son and wife.

Did the quranic Nuuh really do that?

Surah Nuuh : 26. And N�h (Noah) said: "My Lord! Leave not one of the disbelievers on the earth!
27. "If You leave them, they will mislead Your slaves, and they will beget none but wicked disbelievers."

Is this the Noah of the bible? The bible depicts that the wicked where destroyed in a flood but the quranic Nuuh?

Surah Nuuh: 25. Because of their sins they were drowned, then were made to enter the Fire, and they found none to help them instead of All�h.

How were they first DROWNED and then made to enter THE FIRE? What fire and where?

Muslims cry loudly about "noah's ark", but that surah does not ONCE mention any ark or how Noah and his family were saved from the flood.
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by pilgrim1(f): 12:21pm On Nov 14, 2007
@davidylan,

davidylan:

How were they first DROWNED and then made to enter THE FIRE? What fire and where?

Na wah! grin

I used to think that Islam teaches that nobody enters "THE FIRE" until the Day of Judgement. But in the chapter of Nuuh, e be like say that part of it could not wait!

Are we missing something?
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by olabowale(m): 2:18pm On Nov 14, 2007
@Davidylan: Please Pligrim.1, leave me with david on this one. You Pligrim, seem to me as a whatever and whereever the wind blows kinda believer. Someday, InshaAllah, you will reenter Islam, you and your whole family. I pray that you live long, to old age. Amiin.

David. David. David. How many times did I call you? Three times, my guy. When that happens in Yoruba culture, there is some attention needed. So pay attention.

You had answered the question of the ark, built by Nuuh. Except that you did not, in your haste see it, in the Qur'an. So I ask you to go back and read everything about Nuuh, in the Qur'an. He was mentioned in many surah, and then in Surah Nuuh. In the whole of the Bible, both OT and NT, you do not find a chapter named after this noble prophet Nuuh (as). Yet we read about Ester, Jeremiah, etc. Less noted entities in the history of mankind as a whole. At least, the Jews, Christians and the Muslims, believe that he was important to their religions.

In your quote about Surah Nuuh, above, you mentioned that from the Qur'an, you learnt that some people of Nuuh answered his call. These people, who answered, regardless of the numbers, were saved. The rest, which included his wife and a son (your Bible is not as explicit as that of Qur'an about this issue of Nuuh's family members), perished in the flood. If you read enough about nuuh in the Qur'an, again, you will find out that there was a vessel/ an ark, that Nuuh and those people who were saved with him sheltered in.

So david, the question you have to answe for me is this, from you Bible, was there a single evil doer who was not destroyed by Nuah's flood? Just like any prophet who prayed for the destructions of evil doers, eg Moses prayed for the destruction of Pharaoh of his time, he also prayed for the destruction of the one who engineered the golden calf, etc, Nuah prayed and his prayer was answered. His Lord destroyed the evil doers.

Just because a folk dies in flood does not stop him, if he is an evil doer from receiving the punishment that is the burning in hell. If he is a believer and doer of good, that will not make him not go to paradise, either. So are you saying to us, that Pharaoh of Moses will not go to hellfire, because he died in flood? Please proof your case.

Do you know or it is Allah Almighty God that knows? Just because you disagree does not make you correct. You may be actually be 100% wrong. In this case you are wrong, in all your points. The first thing is that you did not read enough about Nuuh in the Qur'an. Secondly, you do not even worship God directly. You associate partner with him. Inview of this, your heart at the moment is deseased and no good enters it. Unless and until, you mend your way and seek true repentance, then God Allah Subuhana wa tahallah, is most Merciful most Forgiving.
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by olabowale(m): 2:38pm On Nov 14, 2007
@Pligrim.1: I know that you will agree with david. Remember, you are in the same religion. A religion that has three gods in One God! Am not making light of the issue. What am saying is that my Qur'an say that it is not the case. My prophet who was known even by his archiest enemies, as Alamiin, the trust worthy/truthful, did not tell any lies.

Before I answer your joke above, is it not true that you christians believe that your saviour enter hell and defeated satan thereby? Whats the diffrerence between hell that your saviour enters and the hellfire that is mentioned in the Qur'an? When you can explain each and if there is any difference and you can prove that they are not the same then, I will adress your concern appropriately.

What you are missing, as you have asked above, is true guidance. The religion of God. You need to go back and asked God for purication of the heart. then you seek His Mercy and guidance and reenter Islam. You and all of yours who left it, in the first place. This is the way of success.

As the brother have said in an earlier post to Nwando, the road to destruction is wide and paved with fool's gold. However truth path to success, is narrow. It is ese o gbeji road. It is not wide enough for one to put two feet, side by side.

Remember that as the ignorants are trooping out of Islam, in Africa, the wise are trooping into it, in the west. It goes to the verse in the Qur'an, where the Almight Allah says that if a people does not worsip Him, He will replace them with other that will love to worship Him. Whats your problem. You will never be able to frustrate any true muslim and definately, not Allah.
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 14, 2007
olabowale:

@Davidylan: Please Pligrim.1, leave me with david on this one. You Pligrim, seem to me as a whatever and whereever the wind blows kind of believer. Someday, InshaAllah, you will reenter Islam, you and your whole family. I pray that you live long, to old age. Amiin.

That is a curse that will never come to pass. Thank you.

olabowale:

You had answered the question of the ark, built by Nuuh. Except that you did not, in your haste see it, in the Qur'an. So I ask you to go back and read everything about Nuuh, in the Qur'an. He was mentioned in many surah, and then in Surah Nuuh. In the whole of the Bible, both OT and NT, you do not find a chapter named after this noble prophet Nuuh (as).

Neither do you find a chapter named after Jesus Christ despite the fact that He is God in human flesh who came to shed His blood for our salvation. YET the entire bible is all about Him.

olabowale:

In your quote about Surah Nuuh, above, you mentioned that from the Qur'an, you learnt that some people of Nuuh answered his call. These people, who answered, regardless of the numbers, were saved. The rest, which included his wife and a son (your Bible is not as explicit as that of Qur'an about this issue of Nuuh's family members), perished in the flood.

According to the bible, which you falsely claim is not as explicit as that of the quran, carefully details those who were saved from the flood and those who were not. Noah's wife was saved from the flood . . . the quran falsely claims she died in the flood.
The quran lies that Noah lost a son in the flood . . . BUT the bible details that Noah had 3 (THREE) children . . . unlike the quran, those children and their descendants are named and their genealogy can be traced.
What are the names of Noah's children based on that plagiarised fairy tale in the quran?

It is a historical fact that Shem - - was the father of modern day Jews today, Japhet - - the Europeans and Ham - - whose children, Mizraim and Put are the ancestors of the present day Africans who settled around modern day Egypt. Where in the Quran can we find these?

olabowale:

If you read enough about nuuh in the Qur'an, again, you will find out that there was a vessel/ an ark, that Nuuh and those people who were saved with him sheltered in.

and why is this most important fact missing in the book of nuuh?

olabowale:

So david, the question you have to answe for me is this, from you Bible, was there a single evil doer who was not destroyed by Nuah's flood?

According to the bible, all but noah, his wife, his sons, their wives and children, perished in the flood. What then is the question that you ask?

olabowale:

Just like any prophet who prayed for the destructions of evil doers, eg Moses prayed for the destruction of Pharaoh of his time, he also prayed for the destruction of the one who engineered the golden calf, etc, Nuah prayed and his prayer was answered. His Lord destroyed the evil doers.

False! Noah in the bible NEVER once prayed for the destruction of evil doers. Only evil, unsaved and godless characters in the quran pray for the destruction of "evil doers".
Read the bible, Moses stood in the gap for the Jews when God wanted to destroy the Isrealites for worshipping the golden calf.
Not once did Moses pray that God should kill Pharaoh, that exists only in the fraudulent quran, written more than 4000 yrs after the events it purports to document.
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 14, 2007
olabowale:

As the brother have said in an earlier post to Nwando, the road to destruction is wide and paved with fool's gold. However truth path to success, is narrow. It is ese o gbeji road. It is not wide enough for one to put two feet, side by side.

alhaji, be sincere with yourself. That quote you plagiarise is directly taken from the bible and can not be found in the quran or hadith! Were you not the same person crying about a corrupted bible? How then can you lift a quote from a corrupt document and then continue mentioning it as if it came from allah?

What is the islamic "road to destruction"? why is it wide? Road to what "success"? Exam success? Why is it narrow?
you said road to "success", combatant says road to "eternal life" . . . which do we believe? where is islam's promise of "eternal life"?
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by olabowale(m): 3:19pm On Nov 14, 2007
@davidlyan: Be sincere, thats yoruba and old tradition adage.
It is you who do not anything about the world. Please stick with Medicine.
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by pilgrim1(f): 4:13pm On Nov 14, 2007
@olabowale,

olabowale:

@Davidylan: Please Pligrim.1, leave me with david on this one. You Pligrim, seem to me as a whatever and whereever the wind blows kind of believer. Someday, InshaAllah, you will reenter Islam, you and your whole family. I pray that you live long, to old age. Amiin.

I would gladly have obliged your request to leave you both on this one; but you cannot make comments about me in such a manner and expect my to just let it pass. I'm not a wind-blows-anyhow kind of believer, and my contributions should have helped you seen that point solidly enough.

olabowale:

You had answered the question of the ark, built by Nuuh. Except that you did not, in your haste see it, in the Qur'an. So I ask you to go back and read everything about Nuuh, in the Qur'an. He was mentioned in many surah, and then in Surah Nuuh. In the whole of the Bible, both OT and NT, you do not find a chapter named after this noble prophet Nuuh (as). Yet we read about Ester, Jeremiah, etc. Less noted entities in the history of mankind as a whole. At least, the Jews, Christians and the Muslims, believe that he was important to their religions.

Esther in particular was an icon that played a significant role in the history of the Jews - for she was instrumental in the hands of God to deliver the Jews from the diabolic plot of Haman to destroy the entire Jewish nation and leave them no trace in history! (Esther 7:3-6).

Jeremiah was a monumental prophet in the history of the Jews whose prophecies had huge impact both on Israel and other nations (cf. Jer. 18:7-10).

How do you then come about the idea that Esther and Jeremiah were "less noted entities" in the history of mankind? And how is it that Muhammad conveniently avoided other monumental prophets in Biblical history - such as Isaiah whose prophecy pointed out the deity of the Messiah (Isaiah 9:6)?

If you suppose that the mere mention of 'Nuuh' in the Qur'an then means that other prophets were "less noted entities in the history of mankind as a whole", could you please let us know what impact the following chapters of the Qur'an have made "in the history of mankind as a whole"?

~ (سورة الأنعام , Al-Anaam) chapter 6: "Cattle, Livestock"

~ (سورة النحل , An-Nahl) chapter 16: "The Bee"

~ (سورة النمل , An-Naml) chapter 27: "The Ant, The Ants"

~ (سورة العنكبوت , Al-Ankaboot) chapter 29: "The Spider"

~ (سورة المنافقون , Al-Munafiqoon) chapter 63: "The Hypocrites"

~ (سورة الفيل , Al-fil) chapter 105: "The Elephant"

If you could refer to Esther and Jereemiah as "less noted entities", could you please show us how chapters named after those animals could have been "more noted entities" in the history of mankind as a whole?
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by pilgrim1(f): 4:28pm On Nov 14, 2007
@olabowale,

olabowale:

@Pligrim.1: I know that you will agree with david. Remember, you are in the same religion. A religion that has three gods in One God! Am not making light of the issue.

Please kindly post the verse where you find the statement "three gods in One God". Just simply post the verse and let's see what we haven't seen before.

olabowale:

What am saying is that my Qur'an say that it is not the case. My prophet who was known even by his archiest enemies, as Alamiin, the trust worthy/truthful, did not tell any lies.

Please shoosh! I've posted Hadiths that clearly demontsrated that Muhammad openly encouraged LYING! angry After I posted them, you guys scooted away from that thread!

olabowale:

Before I answer your joke above, is it not true that you christians believe that your saviour enter hell and defeated satan thereby?  Whats the diffrerence between hell that your saviour enters and the hellfire that is mentioned in the Qur'an? When you can explain each and if there is any difference and you can prove that they are not the same then, I will adress your concern appropriately.

I've well distinguished the difference between "HELL", "GEHENNA" and "HADES" - there are not the same. (click here to see).

olabowale:

What you are missing, as you have asked above, is true guidance. The religion of God. You need to go back and asked God for purication of the heart. then you seek His Mercy and guidance and reenter Islam. You and all of yours who left it, in the first place. This is the way of success.

The religion of God and the way to success are not predicated on the tales and "stories" fabricated by Muhammad. Period.

olabowale:

Lol. . . you guys will never cease to amaze me! grin  Where did you plagiarize that concept from - the Qur'an or the Bible?

olabowale:

Remember that as the ignorants are trooping out of Islam, in Africa, the wise are trooping into it, in the west. It goes to the verse in the Qur'an, where the Almight Allah says that if a people does not worsip Him, He will replace them with other that will love to worship Him. Whats your problem. You will never be able to frustrate any true muslim and definately, not Allah.

My point in all my discussions is not to leave anybody frustrated. Losers often whing about being frustrated or being "attacked" when they read simple truth.

Rather, my desire is to share Biblical truth without dressing them up in Arabian tales and bloviates that leave the reader more perplexed about the man who bellowed: "I have been made victorious by TERROR!grin
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Nov 14, 2007
olabowale:

@davidlyan: Be sincere, thats yoruba and old tradition adage.
It is you who do not anything about the world. Please stick with Medicine.

A yoruba adage that found its way into the book of Mathew?

Mathew 7: 13 Enter ye in at the strait gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leadeth to destruction, and many there be who go in thereat. 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

alhaji . . . you muslims have been plagiarizing the bible and glorifying a fraud in the quran for too long. The truth is finding you out.
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by teckzilla(m): 7:21am On Nov 15, 2007
HADITH OF THE DAY: 'WAS IT NOT A LIVING (SOUL)?'

A funeral procession once passed in front of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and he stood up out of respect. When he was told the person in the coffin was Jewish and not Muslim, he said: "Was it not a living (soul)?"

Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 2, Hadith 399

HADITH OF THE DAY: WEALTH AND WISDOM

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Envy is not permitted except in two cases: (Envy) of a person who God has given wealth and he spends it in the right way, and (envy of) a person who God has given wisdom and he gives his decisions accordingly and teaches it to others."

Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 2, Hadith 490

VERSE OF THE DAY: CHANGE BEGINS WITH EACH PERSON

"God will never change the condition of a people until they change that which is within themselves."

The Holy Quran, 13:11

HADITH OF THE DAY: DO NOT HURT YOUR NEIGHBOR

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Whoever believes in God and the (Day of Judgment) should not hurt his neighbor. . .should serve his guest generously and. . .should say something good or keep quiet."

Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Number 158
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by pilgrim1(f): 3:12pm On Nov 15, 2007
@teck-zilla,

Thanks for sharing a bit of your Hadith of the Day.

Here are a few others you should consider:

[list]
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 2, Number 35:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "The person who participates in (Holy battles) in Allah's cause and nothing compels him to do so except belief in Allah and His Apostles, will be recompensed by Allah either with a reward, or booty (if he survives) or will be admitted to Paradise (if he is killed in the battle as a martyr). Had I not found it difficult for my followers, then I would not remain behind any sariya going for Jihad and I would have loved to be martyred in Allah's cause and then made alive, and then martyred and then made alive, and then again martyred in His cause."[/list]

Think carefully upon that one.

Regards.
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by olabowale(m): 5:00pm On Nov 15, 2007
Pligrim.1: Three Gods in One God: Is Jesus God, yes or no?

Is the Father in heaven God, yes or no?

Is the Holy Spirit God, yes or no?

You will have to post the verse(s) from the Bible yourself. If you can proof Jesus to be God/Lord, I win the argument.

About the three situations where lying is permitted, you need to accept these put forward clear understanding: If you marry an unattractive man, whatever your reason for marrying him, for some unknown reason, he asked if you think he is handsome or ugly. This is your children's father. And you are not in the heat of an argument. There is no bad blood between you. Now tell me, what will be your answer? We will see how wise you are. And the ability to hold a marriage.
Will you be tagged a liar, by keeping your household peacefully, if you lie to this vunerable man?

If you have two formerly dear friends, who are now in terrible feud at each other, yet they are still your friends. Whats your primary responsibilty, since you claim to be Jesus christlike? Will you endeavor to bring the two feuding buddies to end their feud, and become friends again? You must never forget, that their feud does impact you and others, maybe their families and other friends, also. If you have exhausted all avenues to quell this feud, will you be considered and be labelled a habitual liar if you went to each and say the other missed him and hope to end the feud? And you by this effort, bring them together. Tell me is this Jesus Christlike or evil deed? Whats your Solomonic wisdom on this subject?

Have you heard of what is known as Military strategy? This is where, in truth or in a bluff, there is a propaganda campaign to win the war, quickly and decisively. In war, the warring parties, see the opponents as mortal enemies. Hence, the objective is to defeat the enemies, with the least casualties on your side and with the least amount of resources, eg, manpower, ammos and time. If you find a way to discourage the enemies to fight you and at by this get them to surrender, the better for you. You have seen many a battles where before any single bullet is fired, there flyers and audible announcements being made to get the enemies' soldiers to defect or surrender altogether. The civilians are even encouraged to leave the would be battlefield.

If you you praise or exagerate your military poweress, so that you may not have to fight at all, because you get the enemies to surrender, will this be better for your side? Or do you intend to waste lives, because you lack military strategy, even before the firing of a single bullet? Hence, your side gets bugged down for as long as the enemies are able to put up a fight? War, is an ugly enterprise. I asked a retired Military general, about this before I pen it. He agreed with me, in all I write here.

Where is your knowledge about preserving lives?

In all of the three above, there is no one with a single aota of truth, if these are the quarters in which you lie, can call call you a liar.

I do not want to even talk about clear deceit from the Bible. And please don't ask me to bring you a verse. Read the Bible first. Then come back to me.

At your immediate above hadith, I have no disagreement with it. Here in the west, specifically in USA, people dies for the flag. After death, their surviving loved ones will even say that he died in what he loved. Some will even say that if he had other lifes, he would give them willingly for the country. Tell me, which is greater, a country or God?

Ni gba wo ni maku o ni ku? Ni gba wo ni maku o ni joye baba e?
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by pilgrim1(f): 5:38pm On Nov 15, 2007
@olabowale,

olabowale:

Pligrim.1: Three Gods in One God: Is Jesus God, yes or no?

Is the Father in heaven God, yes or no?

Is the Holy Spirit God, yes or no?

You will have to post the verse(s) from the Bible yourself. If you can proof Jesus to be God/Lord, I win the argument.

Rubbish. You can only hope to "win" the arguement if and only if you find the verse in the Bible that says Christians are worshipping THREE Gods. Please kindly post that verse for us to see instead of trying to cheat with your usual Arabic drama.

olabowale:

About the three situations where lying is permitted, you need to accept these put forward clear understanding: If you marry an unattractive man, whatever your reason for marrying him, for some unknown reason, he asked if you think he is handsome or ugly. This is your children's father. And you are not in the heat of an argument. There is no bad blood between you. Now tell me, what will be your answer? We will see how wise you are. And the ability to hold a marriage.
Will you be tagged a liar, by keeping your household peacefully, if you lie to this vunerable man?

Why would I want to LIE, olabowale? Does marrying someone justify the need to lie in Islam? I don't think you're demonstrating "wisdom" here - unless you want to forcefully acknowledge that Islamic "wisdom" is predicated on lying.

olabowale:

If you have two formerly dear friends, who are now in terrible feud at each other, yet they are still your friends. Whats your primary responsibilty, since you claim to be Jesus christlike? Will you endeavor to bring the two feuding buddies to end their feud, and become friends again? You must never forget, that their feud does impact you and others, maybe their families and other friends, also. If you have exhausted all avenues to quell this feud, will you be considered and be labelled a habitual liar if you went to each and say the other missed him and hope to end the feud? And you by this effort, bring them together. Tell me is this Jesus Christlike or evil deed? Whats your Solomonic wisdom on this subject?

My "solomonic" wisdom is simply this:

(1) seek to understand the issue between the friends

(2) tell them the truth at ALL times instead of lying to "bring them together"

(3) they may not be happy with your honesty at that instance, but they will appreciate you even more later on when they understand that you were honest to them than be dubious and a slicker!

If you're seeking to justify LYING in order to bring two feuding parties together, then I should remind you that 'friendship' predicated on falsehood and duplicity will sooner than later collapse - and your friends may not be very appreciative to thank you for your dishonesty! tongue

olabowale:

Have you heard of what is known as Military strategy? This is where, in truth or in a bluff, there is a propaganda campaign to win the war, quickly and decisively. In war, the warring parties, see the opponents as mortal enemies. Hence, the objective is to defeat the enemies, with the least casualties on your side and with the least amount of resources, eg, manpower, ammos and time. If you find a way to discourage the enemies to fight you and at by this get them to surrender, the better for you. You have seen many a battles where before any single bullet is fired, there flyers and audible announcements being made to get the enemies' soldiers to defect or surrender altogether. The civilians are even encouraged to leave the would be battlefield.

Oh, I now understand why Islam encourages boldfaced duplicity - and you have used a very fine description there: propaganda campaign! Sorry, my faith is not predicated on "propaganda campaign", and neither has God encouraged such duplicity among the godly, for such things will not qualify anybody for paradise on the Day of Judgement. grin

olabowale:

If you you praise or exagerate your military poweress, so that you may not have to fight at all, because you get the enemies to surrender, will this be better for your side?

Nope - because wise fighters know that "propaganda" never achieves resounding victory.

Any "victory" that is predicated on such duplicity and megalohepatia is short-lived, and the disgrace that follows it is usually colossal. tongue

olabowale:

Or do you intend to waste lives, because you lack military strategy, even before the firing of a single bullet? Hence, your side gets bugged down for as long as the enemies are able to put up a fight? War, is an ugly enterprise. I asked a retired Military general, about this before I pen it. He agreed with me, in all I write here.

Good for the retired military general to 'agree' with you in all your bloviates; but egbon, such tenuous analogies does not point you to godliness. Jesus won my heart as He did the hearts of multiplied millions without a single bullet of an ugly enterprise - and that is enough to assure me my place in paradise.

olabowale:

Where is your knowledge about preserving lives?

There are ways of preserving lives without LYING to them or engaging in ugly enterprises. Living life to the full is not about warfare and Military exploits - it is about understanding the peace and joy that only God gives, as expressed in the very words of Jesus Christ: to love God with one's whole heart and strength and soul, and to love our neighbour as we love oursleves.

It is not in my place to engage in "ugly enterprise" in order to preserve a life - especially when such a life is to be preserved from the humongous duplicity that has become the hallmark of those who claim to be speaking "truth" in the name of Islam.

olabowale:

In all of the three above, there is no one with a single aota of truth, if these are the quarters in which you lie, can call call you a liar.

Sorry, as I have demonstrated, I don't live my life slaving in such quarters - and you cannot hold my neck to that al-taqiyya! tongue

olabowale:

I do not want to even talk about clear deceit from the Bible. And please don't ask me to bring you a verse. Read the Bible first. Then come back to me.

Absolute bunkum! I have read the Bible several times (and the Qur'an and Hadith several times over) before I decided to engage Muslims on the Forum. So, don't cheaply pat yourself for zero success there.

olabowale:

At your immediate above hadith, I have no disagreement with it. Here in the west, specifically in USA, people dies for the flag. After death, their surviving loved ones will even say that he died in what he loved. Some will even say that if he had other lifes, he would give them willingly for the country. Tell me, which is greater, a country or God?

Certainly, you know that God is greater than any country. The question here is this: Muslims have always claimed that Islam is the religion of PEACE - and here you are essentially and effectively agreeing with JIHAD in the name of 'Allah', and you call that. . "truth"?!? grin

Take heart - I understand that the typical Muslim mindset is to:

die in Jihad for 'Allah'

then made alive again

and then die in Jihad again

be made alive yet again

only to go fighting again in JIHAD!

Egbon, as long as Islam is synonymous with terrorism and nothing more or less than that (which you have essentially "agreed" with above), I'm sorry to say that is another reason why I left Islam; and no Jihadist will ever hope to see me as his "booty" among the 72 virgins of their reward in Janah!

olabowale:

Ni gba wo ni maku o ni ku? Ni gba wo ni maku o ni joye baba e?

Lai-lai ati lai-lai!! tongue grin

E joye!
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by Nobody: 12:28am On Nov 16, 2007
To alhajis justifying LYING by trying to disguise it under "wisdom" and propaganda . . . here is what the bible has to say.

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by pilgrim1(f): 1:17am On Nov 16, 2007
davidylan:

To alhajis justifying LYING by trying to disguise it under "wisdom" and propaganda . . . here is what the bible has to say.

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Lol. . . I'm almost falling off my chair with laff. grin
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by cgift(m): 11:57am On Nov 16, 2007
SO ISLAM LEGITIMISES LYING. Good to know. Little wonder babs and olabowale will always say one thing here and say another elsewhere.
Re: Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? by olabowale(m): 12:50pm On Nov 16, 2007
@Pligrimage; One is always a product of the enviroment and the nature which one is from. You can conningly hide the truth, as always. But for sure your heart tells you the truth. That is if there is a conscience. You have never been married, I think. For sure, I have. In my choice of women, I use set of elements, which are usually the bases for which I find somebody agreeable with me.

The reason I do this, is very simple. If a disagreement arises between us, will I be able to stand her, while I am still under some form of anger. For her, I hope it is the same principal that she employs and then decided to marry me, knowing that we are not perfect beings. If a woman simply ask her husband to know if she is fat, and the poor fella is foolish enough to tell the truth, that she is. Go ask somebody, if you do not know, the guy will sure spend the night on the sofa,a different bed or staring at the cold back of his wife.

Aburo, am stopping here because I got to get going. But a word is enough to the wise. If you think you have a good religion, good for you. God Almighty Allah will separate the people of paradise and the rest will be people of hellfire. Please do not come from the later.

As for Mr. Ali Sina of Nwando fame, Qur'an is for all times. Yet at the end of time, there will still be some knowledge, from it that are not even discovered by man. For example, alif, lam, mim, nun, quf, kaf, etc, in the Qur'an, no one knows the meaning and therefore, the explanation to any one of them. That in itself, explain what Ali Sina does not know. In the future generation, there will be more to knowledge than what is known today. We do not have full knowledge of all things, yet.

Today, there is a company called Bioscan in Las Vegas, NV, their medical devise can detect so many deseases, even at their earliest sign in the body. It is a device upgraded from NASA's experiments and it is a higher grade of device than retinascan. Nwando, please take note of this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People / All People Must Be Subject To The Authority Of The Pope In Order To Be Saved / Interview With The Founder Of Celica Church Of Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 279
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.