Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Married To An Atheist - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married To An Atheist (32717 Views)

He Raped Me, Now Getting Married To My Best Friend... / Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji / Getting Married To A Widower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married To An Atheist by yolandy: 2:36pm On Apr 04, 2012
I have been around here for a while. I just created this new id to relate my problems here.

My husband of over 6 years has now become an outspoken atheist. He has been one all along but he has been keeping it on the low. He opened up to me and told me 3 years after we got married. I was shocked but there was nothing I could do. He wasn't really a religious person before we got married and I wasn't as well(I was much more religious than him even at that time). I began to take my religion very seriously after we got married. Now I have an amazing relatioship with God. I take it very seriously, and I put God first in my life. My husband does not. He doesn't rub his atheism on my face, we don't talk about religion, even when we do, it is always me that brings it up but, he sometimes listens and sometimes dismiss what I am saying with a wave of hand or with a laugh. He is a very good man and an excellent husband, he takes very good care of me and my 2 kids, he loves us to death, and does his duty as a father and a husband excellently. I can't wish for a better man.

He is not the type to engage in and argument over religion because he is very smart and always wins. I have seen 3 people engage him and they ended up losing the argument to him. He is widely read and cleaver so I can't even go into an argument with him. His mind is already made up. The problem I have right now is that he is becoming outspoken about his unbelief, back in the days he just keeps it to himself, these days I see him openly mocking and deriding pastors, believers, and anything that has to do with religion and I am not comfortable with that. Last week his elder brother had a heart attack(we live in the same estate), while his brother's wife and family were praying for him, my husband who is a doctor came and told them to shut up and allow him do what he can, he said instead of wasting their time praying to an imaginary God they should go and get the car ready to take him to the hospital because taking him to the hospital is what will save his life not some empty prayers to an imaginary God. Every body was shocked. His actions like these get me very worried. He is now very open about his unbelief and uses it to mock people that come to talk to him about God or religion. Most people I know now dislike him greatly for his unbelief. Rumors are circulating that he is in a secret cult. My pastor and friends in church don't like him. His family dislike him as well but they can't confront him. People now see me as "the wife of that devil" and I am not comfortable with it at all.

Some days ago I over heard him suggesting to my 6 years old son that the stories in the Bible are mere stories. It started when my son asked him why he doesn't pray together with us. I confronted him and he said he just wanted the boy to know how he feels about the Bible. He then said he will wait for our kids to grow up some more before letting them know his position. But I fear with his present outspoken attitude, he will try to poison their young minds and tell them that all the stories inside the Bible are all lies the way he tells any body that comes his way to either preach to him or engage him in any discussion about religion. We aren't having any problems now but I fear that his increasing outspokenness about his atheism will bring problems in our marriage sooner or later. I just hope he will keep quite and keep everything to himself they way he used to before but he won't. I have talked to him but he won't listen. He doesn't go about telling people that they should become atheist like him, but the way he goes about mocking religion and believers when ever the topic comes up is driving me mad. I really fear for our kids. What if something happens to me? I know my kids will become atheist like him, because he will poison their minds. What do I do now? I am really confused. I need advice from matured minds here. Please this should not be taken to the front page. I just want to read the contributions of the matured minds in here. Thank you

22 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Married To An Atheist by ronkebp(f): 2:57pm On Apr 04, 2012
My dear if you are a true christian, then you will know what to do. Don't allow the devil to destroy your home by his pranks. The most annoying part is that as a christain once you are married you cannot, divorce your spouse on religion grounds, so if you are thinking it, do away with that thought.

My advice, pray for him specially, remember the Bible, if God does not call them to Himself, there is nothing you can do. My dear this is the time for you to tighten up your belt, if you would normally sleep for 8 hours at night, reduce it to 6 so that you can be up praying for two hours, even if it is 30 mins, God answers, You need to pray for him ( your hubby) that God should show HIMSELF in his life for your sake and that of your children.
Who knows if God allowed the marraige so that you can stand in the gap for him. Do not let you faith to be affected, God will always come through.
Don't argue with him over anything, just smile when he starts to quote wikipedia or guiness world book of record, still love keep loving him, The Lord is your strength.smiley smiley

116 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Married To An Atheist by tasandra: 3:10pm On Apr 04, 2012
Op,pray 4 ur hubby...most men are like that.mine that s a bliver,some time talk as if he s not 1 winkGod s there wit u.

7 Likes

Re: Married To An Atheist by plaetton: 3:35pm On Apr 04, 2012
Madam, this is exactly the problems we athiest have with religion.You have a loving husband whom you have loved and admired all this while and who has also loved you uncoditionally despite your religiousity.Now you are just beginning to feel uncomfortable about his athiesm. Why? Because of what others (religious folks ) are insinuating? Why is so hard to tolerate people who do not share your religious beliefs? Would you have prefered to be married to the so-called born again religous pretenders who outwardly profess regiousity but whose hearts are dark pits, than to a non-petensious reality-oriented man whose heart and mind is transparent to you at all times?

Have you reckoned that the problem might be with you and the increase in your religious zeal? Are you surprised that your pastor does not like him? How do u expect a pastor to like someone whom he cannot manipulate and sap? You are exhibiting the typical symptoms. Soon they will start seeing visions and prophesies about how your husband is evil and is going to do this or that to you and your children.
There is nothing in this world that divides people more than religion. Religion can destory your home if you allow it to do so.Your home should be your church. The love of your husband and children should be your sanctuary.
I guarantee that You cannot find in a church, what you cannot find in your home-namely love,sincerity,respect and peace.

I am an athiest who is married to a born again wife. I made my position know from the start and we have lived happily. I go to church with her from time to time. But I have grown waery of the "name it and claim it" theology of the pentecostal preachers,so I do not go anymore. I put my foot down on no night vigils, retreats,house fellowships, and midweek service. Otherwise, I try not to interfere. I find that is her church members who always want to make our religious difference an issue. I always put them in their right place.
As for my children, I have already succeeded in planting seeds of doubts in thier young minds, which for me ,is sufficient enough to help them develope the healthy skeptism necessary to intelligently discern life and reality, hopefully, from both a philosophycal and scientific perspectives rather than from religious perspective.

I do not see any problems in you family except the one that your religious peers are pressuring you to create.
Take note that the increase in your religious zeal is and will be directly proportional to the level of tension,resentment and ultimately, distrust in your household. I hope you make wise decisions.

283 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Married To An Atheist by Outstrip(f): 3:49pm On Apr 04, 2012
You need to be very careful. Your husband is a good man. How do you know that your pastor and church members do not like your husband. Are they that free with you that they can discuss him negatively? He has a right to his opinion just like they all do. Those who are accusing him of being in a cult probably have worse things in their closet. Focus on yoru family. Have a discussion with your husband about what he tells your son. Tell him you want to raise yoru children as christian children. Your husband is a smart man. I am sure he will understand that concept. All the rest to me is nonsense. Who the hell is anybody to say anything bad about a man that takes care of his home. Don't bring trouble where there is none

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Married To An Atheist by Outstrip(f): 3:50pm On Apr 04, 2012
plaetton: Madam, this is exactly the problems we athiest have with religion.You have a loving husband whom you have loved and admired all this while and who has also loved you uncoditionally despite your religiousity.Now you are just beginning to feel uncomfortable about his athiesm. Why? Because of what others (religious folks ) are insinuating? Why is so hard to tolerate people who do not share your religious beliefs? Would you have prefered to be married to the so-called born again religous pretenders who outwardly profess regiousity but whose hearts are dark pits, than to a non-petensious reality-oriented man whose heart and mind is transparent to you at all times?

Have you reckoned that the problem might be with you and increase in your religious zeal? Are you surprised that your pastor does not like him? How do u expect a pastor to like someone whom he cannot manipulate and sap? You are exhibiting the typical symptoms. Soon they will start seeing visions and prophesies about how your husband is evil and is going to do this or that to you and your children.
There is nothing in this world that divides people more than religion. Religion can destory your home if you allow it to do so.Your home should be your church. The love of your husband and children should be your sanctuary.
I guarantee that You cannot find in a church, what you cannot find in your home-love,sincerity,respect and peace.

I am an thiest who is married to a born again wife. I made my position know from the start and we have lived happily. I go to church with her from time to time. But I have grown waery of the "name it and claim it" theology of the pentecostal preachers,so I do not go anymore. I put my foot down on no night vigils, retreats,house fellowships, and midweek service. Otherwise, I try not to interfere. I find that is her church members who always want to make our religious difference an issue. I always put them in their right place.
As for my children, I have already succeeded in planting seeds of doubts in thier young minds, which for me ,is sufficient enough to help them develope the healthy skeptism necessary to intelligently discern life and reality, hopefully, from both a philosophycal and scientific perspectives rather than from religious perspective.

I do not see any problems in you family except the one that your religious peers are pressuring you to create.
Take note that the increase in your religious zeal is and will be directly proportional to the level of tension,resentment and ultimately, distrust in your household. I hope you make wise decisions.

I could not have said it better

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Married To An Atheist by minute(f): 4:00pm On Apr 04, 2012
The people bent out of shape

have nothing better to do th-

an look down from their ped-

estals of emptiness and criti-

size everyone. Love thy neig-

hbor is the rule. Maybe not

invite him to their house is

supposed to be o.k but bigo-

try is VERY not o.k.

Shame on all those bigots you talk to. They are poor
christians.

16 Likes

Re: Married To An Atheist by harakiri(m): 4:09pm On Apr 04, 2012
@Yolandy

I have been around here for a while. I just created this new id to relate my problems here.

Okay. . .

My husband of over 6 years has now become an outspoken atheist.

Is there a problem with that? You make it sound like he's become gay overnight. Are Theists (religious folks like yourself) not outspoken about their belief in religion? Why can't he be outspoken about his disbelief in religion? Hmmm?

He has been one all along but he has been keeping it on the low. He opened up to me and told me 3 years after we got married. I was shocked but there was nothing I could do. He wasn't really a religious person before we got married and I wasn't as well(I was much more religious than him even at that time). I began to take my religion very seriously after we got married. Now I have an amazing relatioship with God. I take it very seriously, and I put God first in my life. My husband does not. He doesn't rub his atheism on my face, we don't talk about religion, even when we do, it is always me that brings it up but, he sometimes listens and sometimes dismiss what I am saying with a wave of hand or with a laugh. He is a very good man and an excellent husband, he takes very good care of me and my 2 kids, he loves us to death, and does his duty as a father and a husband excellently. I can't wish for a better man.

All you've said so far points to the fact that you have a husband most women out there would kill for. Tell me. . .which do you prefer? A man who goes to church almost every day of the week, prays fervently morning and night and yet, he still cheats on you OR a man who is very open with you, does his duties as a man and has proved beyond every reasonable doubt that he loves you and the kids and is here for keeps? I still don't get it. How does being religious transform into being a "good person"? Everything you've said about your husband defines him as a good person but it seems you're looking for something to complain about (like all women do) and now, it's his disbelief in religion. Can you honestly look inward and tell yourself that your husband isn't a much better and morally upright man than all those hypocrites in your church who will carry 20kg bibles,sing aloud to the lawd,pay all the offerings and tithes,speak in tongues and after closing hour, they will head off to the hotel where their mistresses are lodged?

He is not the type to engage in and argument over religion because he is very smart and always wins. I have seen 3 people engage him and they ended up losing the argument to him. He is widely read and cleaver so I can't even go into an argument with him. His mind is already made up.

I don't mean to blow the trumpet but i am yet to see ONE atheist whose IQ isn't above average. Most (if not all) Atheists are intelligent folks. A lot of us (especially those of us born into deeply religious backgrounds) dumped religion after a lot of brain storming,background research,inconsistencies in biblical tales and the total irreconcilable patterns of religion (Christianity in this case) of this age with what's depicted in the bible. There are others however who were born into non-religious households (e.g Europeans) and therefore the concept of any religion would be completely absurd to them (it's like telling them the tooth fairy exists! ! !).

The problem I have right now is that he is becoming outspoken about his unbelief, back in the days he just keeps it to himself, these days I see him openly mocking and deriding pastors, believers, and anything that has to do with religion and I am not comfortable with that. Last week his elder brother had a heart attack(we live in the same estate), while his brother's wife and family were praying for him, my husband who is a doctor came and told them to shut up and allow him do what he can, he said instead of wasting their time praying to an imaginary God they should go and get the car ready to take him to the hospital because taking him to the hospital is what will save his life not some empty prayers to an imaginary God. Every body was shocked. His actions like these get me very worried. He is now very open about his unbelief and uses it to mock people that come to talk to him about God or religion.

I can understand how you feel about the situation. There are also times when i lose it and go ballistic like your husband is doing right now ESPECIALLY when i'm constantly hen pecked by religious folks who don't even know their bibles half as i do. It's irritating. Imagine how irritated you would be if a Buddhist/Taoist was desperately trying to convert you to their religion (annoying right?). Now imagine how A NON-RELIGIOUS PERSON who doesn't give a damn about any supernatural beliefs would feel! ! ! Put yourself in his shoes for 5mins.

Most people I know now dislike him greatly for his unbelief. Rumors are circulating that he is in a secret cult. My pastor and friends in church don't like him. His family dislike him as well but they can't confront him. People now see me as "the wife of that devil" and I am not comfortable with it at all.

There's a saying :

HUMAN BEINGS FEAR WHAT THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND AND HATE WHAT THEY CANNOT CONQUER! They dislike him because. . .? What? He refuses to be a gullible religious vegetable? What? Now they say he's in a cult (Wow! And i thought i was the only one who has been unfortunate enough to have Nigerian-home-video-religious-zombies peddle false rumors to taint my image). Your pastor and friends don't like him? So what? Must he buckle under all because YOU WANT him to please you,your friends and Oga Pastor? A lot of the people whose opinion you consider so highly don't even have half the happiness you have in your marriage. Some of the women gossiping to you probably have other rivals "outside" who their husbands have impregnated. Dey there dey listen to outside ppl you hia? Your eyes go soon clear.

Some days ago I over heard him suggesting to my 6 years old son that the stories in the Bible are mere stories.

YES! They are all stories and your husband doesn't want his children growing up believing lies and made up nomadic goat herder stories from the medieval age.

It started when my son asked him why he doesn't pray together with us. I confronted him and he said he just wanted the boy to know how he feels about the Bible.

You "CONFRONTED" him? Don't the kids belong to him as well? Oh. . .So you are the lord of the house abi? Is that what the bible stipulates?

He then said he will wait for our kids to grow up some more before letting them know his position. But I fear with his present outspoken attitude, he will try to poison their young minds and tell them that all the stories inside the Bible are all lies the way he tells any body that comes his way to either preach to him or engage him in any discussion about religion. We aren't having any problems now but I fear that his increasing outspokenness about his atheism will bring problems in our marriage sooner or later. I just hope he will keep quite and keep everything to himself they way he used to before but he won't. I have talked to him but he won't listen. He doesn't go about telling people that they should become atheist like him, but the way he goes about mocking religion and believers when ever the topic comes up is driving me mad. I really fear for our kids. What if something happens to me? I know my kids will become atheist like him, because he will poison their minds. What do I do now? I am really confused. I need advice from matured minds here. Please this should not be taken to the front page. I just want to read the contributions of the matured minds in here. Thank you

So telling them the truth is now tantamount to poisoning. Wonderful! The bible says the world is flat and four cornered. With all the education you've recieved, can you honestly say this is true? The bible says a virgin can get pregnant without having $ex? If you hear such a story today, would you believe it? The bible says a man can live in the belly of a fish/whale for 3 days without air,food or water. . .and you believe that right? The bible says 5,000 people can be fed with only 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish and you believe it (something me and my younger brother can consume). The bible says a man parted the red sea with his bare hands and you believe. The bible says a man dead for 3 days (with his intestines removed according to the custom) can be resurrected and you believe all that. The bible says donkeys can talk (remember the story of Balaam?). The bible says does "shall not kill" and yet in that same bible, the biblical god ordered "his people" to attack/invade foriegn lands,kill,burn and plunder the cities to the ground. In today's day and age, these are crimes tantamount to assault,murder,genocide,rape,battert,arson and armed robbery. It's all there in the bible but you people pretend not to see it. You believe all these stories because you were taught to believe them from childhood. You believe all these stories because the white man brought the bible and anything from "obodo-oyibo" is genuine. Funny thing is, these same white folks don't even take Christianity as serious as we do. Nigeria is officially the most religious country in the world and yet so much wickedness and strife pervades the land. What does that tell you? Hmmm?

The bible says Jesus came,died and all things are passed away. If that's the case, why do the so called "Men of fraud Gawd" revert to Malachi 3:10 when coaxing the congregation to give more tithes and offerings? Why do they select the juicy/profitable parts of the bible and leave the "nasty" parts e.g the eye for an eye laws? Hmmm? Tongue tied?

From the book of Matthew to Revelation, can you quote ONE single passage where Jesus asked for tithes or offerings after preaching to the congregation? Hmmm? A lot of "Pastors" tell lies about Jesus and his disciples/apostles being rich men. Is that so? Jesus is depicted as wandering on foot throughtout samaria,nazareth,bethlehem and Jerusalem and he was constantly on the run from his enemies (the pharisees). Does this depict the life of a rich man? Hmmm? Paul and Silas were so dead broke that they couldn't afford to give alms to the begging cripple. What does that tell you? Hmmm? Can you compare this with the flamboyant lifestyles of the so called "men of god" you see around you? It's a no-brainer Oyedepo can afford FOUR private jets.

I can go on and on. . .but you get the picture. Remain religious if you want to but if you think you can impose your delusions on your husband, then you are asking for problems. It's like asking him to believe Santa Claus is real all because Christmas is real.

Use your head woman and quit look for problems that don't exist (unless you are ready to break your home).

End of!

137 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Married To An Atheist by GboyegaD(m): 4:13pm On Apr 04, 2012
@OP,
Recall the word of the Lord says "The Heart of the King is in His Hands and like a River of Water He directs it to wherever He wills". Start committing his heart into the hands of God that God himself should minister to him and I know God will surely do this for you.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married To An Atheist by dalaman: 4:16pm On Apr 04, 2012
Something tells me I know this poster and her husband. What I don't quite understand is, if people are willing to be accept that others have some right to practice other religion without openly demonizing and castigating them why aren't they tolerant of a person with lack of faith or belief in God and religion? Many people I know believe that people of other faiths and religions are lost and condemned, but they don't openly castigate them or avoid them. Have a good talk with your husband and let him know you want your kids to grow up as Christians.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married To An Atheist by ronkebp(f): 4:43pm On Apr 04, 2012
I really don't know where the ''intelligence'' lies, when you cannot intelligently prove to me or others that there is no GOD. only when that has been proven, then i can hit my chest and say ''An Atheist is an intelligent man or woman''.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married To An Atheist by kolaoloye(m): 4:48pm On Apr 04, 2012
ronkebp: I really don't know where the ''intelligence'' lies, when you cannot intelligently prove to me or others that there is no GOD. only when that has been proven, [b]then i can hit my chest [/b]and say ''An Atheist is an intelligent man or woman''.

Pls don't hit your chest,their case is inconsequential. grin

3 Likes

Re: Married To An Atheist by harakiri(m): 4:50pm On Apr 04, 2012
ronkebp: I really don't know where the ''intelligence'' lies, when you cannot intelligently prove to me or others that there is no GOD. only when that has been proven, then i can hit my chest and say ''An Atheist is an intelligent man or woman''.

An Atheist has NOTHING to prove to you about your god. You on the other hand believes in this god and the onus rests on you to prove his/her/its/their existence. Simple question :

WHAT CONCRETE PROOF CAN YOU BRING TO THE TABLE THAT VERIFIES THE EXISTENCE OF THE BIBLICAL GOD OTHER THAN WHAT YOU'VE BEEN TAUGHT TO BELIEVE FROM CHILDHOOD?

Hmmmm?

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married To An Atheist by harakiri(m): 5:07pm On Apr 04, 2012
kola oloye:

The problem with folks like yourself is that you have no inkling of what the term "Atheism" really means. Simply put, it's the disbelief in supernatural forces and religion in general.

Shikena!

What on earth is so incredibly complex and extremely hard about that to understand? If someone doesn't believe in what you believe, what is the rationality in asking that person to prove why he/she doesn't believe what you believe in? You don't believe in the tooth fairy do you? Can you tell me why? Definitly, you'll tell me it doesn't exists because IT DOESN'T but when it comes to proving the existence of your god, all common sense goes out the window.

Ridiculous!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married To An Atheist by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 04, 2012
OP,
Learn to be more tolerant of your husbands views.
From your narrative your husband is a good man.The only problem is that you appear to be ASHAMED of his atheism.
When he was a closet atheist,there appeared to be no problem,but now he is becoming bolder and talking about it in public you are becoming worried.
Of course you are also influenced by your pastor and church members views.
Woman you have a good man as a husband-do not lose him!
A word is enough for the wise.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Married To An Atheist by harakiri(m): 5:17pm On Apr 04, 2012
Richvkunt: OP,
Learn to be more tolerant of your husbands views.
From your narrative your husband is a good man.The only problem is that you appear to be ASHAMED of his atheism.
When he was a closet atheist,there appeared to be no problem,but now he is becoming bolder and talking about it in public you are becoming worried.
Of course you are also influenced by your pastor and church members views.
Woman you have a good man as a husband-do not lose him!
A word is enough for the wise.

Please help me tell her oooo! I am yet to see ONE evil thing he's done. His only "crime" is that he's non-religious. The funny thing is that most of the people she is listening to (church members) cannot even stand on the same ground when it comes to morality and good nature with the husband (i can put my money on it being an Atheist myself).

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married To An Atheist by ronkebp(f): 5:38pm On Apr 04, 2012
harakiri:

An Atheist has NOTHING to prove to you about your god. You on the other hand believes in this god and the onus rests on you to prove his/her/its/their existence. Simple question :

WHAT CONCRETE PROOF CAN YOU BRING TO THE TABLE THAT VERIFIES THE EXISTENCE OF THE BIBLICAL GOD OTHER THAN WHAT YOU'VE BEEN TAUGHT TO BELIEVE FROM CHILDHOOD?

Hmmmm?

You and I are not friends, so please don't quote my post.

1 Like

Re: Married To An Atheist by ronkebp(f): 5:41pm On Apr 04, 2012
kola oloye:

Oloye baba!!!! really what type of pictures do you have on your page nice one though, very funny. grin grin, howdy
Re: Married To An Atheist by harakiri(m): 5:46pm On Apr 04, 2012
ronkebp:

You and I are not friends, so please don't quote my post.

Oh, Come on Ronke. Wetin i do you na? Let's be friends na?

Kiss,Kiss? kiss kiss cool

13 Likes

Re: Married To An Atheist by Afam4eva(m): 6:43pm On Apr 04, 2012
@OP
Divorce your husband and go ahead and marry an ogbanje fake born again who does not even adhere to the preaching of the bible. You're not happy you have a husband with an incredible moral standing which most Christians lack.

37 Likes

Re: Married To An Atheist by harakiri(m): 7:55pm On Apr 04, 2012
afam4eva: @OP
Divorce your husband and go ahead and marry an ogbanje fake born again who does not even adhere to the preaching of the bible. You're not happy you have a husband with an incredible moral standing which most Christians lack.

Do i need say more?

20 Likes

Re: Married To An Atheist by shushu(f): 8:39pm On Apr 04, 2012
Dear Poster,
in a way i understand where you are because my dad was an atheist whilst i was growing up and my mum eventually became a fire brand shouting in tongues xtian.
Well my dad persecuted her and it was fun to watch....i added this part to let you know that your kids will be fine, dont worry.

About your husband being an atheist and voicing out his opinion, i really do not see anything wrong with it.Just as you have your beliefs and opinions, so does he and he actually has a right to express it.

I imagine that it may be initially difficult for you to understand his way of thinking, but if you look at it from the perspective that that world does not revolve around you and the ways you think are right that would help.

Listen to his point of views and respect them, just the same way he listens to you talk about christianity-remember that he cant stand the christian beliefs but he listens all the same.

Your husband has seen many christians make a morkery of what real christianity is (he is a doctor) and this has probably contributed largely to his present decision to say his mind aloud.....you should see what christians do at hospitals...you'd have an idea as to why he is angry.

Lastly, dont try to change him...thats the work of the holy spirit.pray for him and let him be a dad to his children. we knew my dads beliefs and he never imposed them on us, today i am a christian because i decided to be, not because a parent made the decision for me.

then relax,life isnt only about your point of view.
loads of love and grace

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Married To An Atheist by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 04, 2012
harakiri: @Yolandy
I don't mean to blow the trumpet but i am yet to see ONE atheist whose IQ isn't above average. Most (if not all) Atheists are intelligent folks. A lot of us (especially those of us born into deeply religious backgrounds) dumped religion after a lot of brain storming,background research,inconsistencies in biblical tales and the total irreconcilable patterns of religion (Christianity in this case) of this age with what's depicted in the bible. There are others however who were born into non-religious households (e.g Europeans) and therefore the concept of any religion would be completely absurd to them (it's like telling them the tooth fairy exists! ! !).

The above is absolutely untrue. If the religion section of NL is anything to go by then i would sum up most atheists thus; averagely intelligent but delusional characters who think disbelief in christianity is equivalent to logical reasoning. I guarantee without a shadow of a doubt that very few of you on there is capable of an independent scientific evaluation of your belief in a universe created basically out of nothing (a statistical impossibility).

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Married To An Atheist by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 04, 2012
harakiri:

Hmmmm?

this is a false cop-out, a handy excuse that atheists use simply because they cannot logically explain the alternative to God. The onus may lie on the theist to prove that God exists, however the onus also lies on the atheist to PROVE that the alternative to God is a remote reality. At least if you believe God doesnt exist it must be because you have LOGICAL explanations as to how you suddenly evolved out of nothing no? Talk about "intelligence"...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Married To An Atheist by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 04, 2012
harakiri: @Yolandy
So telling them the truth is now tantamount to poisoning. Wonderful! The bible says the world is flat and four cornered. With all the education you've recieved, can you honestly say this is true? The bible says a virgin can get pregnant without having $ex? If you hear such a story today, would you believe it?

Apparently you havent been reading a bible - Is 40:22 It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.

Most of you "intelligent" folks just spend too much time feeding off the trough of your atheist demi-gods. You should take time to actively research what they spew at you before coming here to bleat about "above-average IQs".

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married To An Atheist by stephen121(f): 8:42am On Apr 05, 2012
There is nothing much you can do except to pray and have faith in God. He is the only one that can change his heart. As for you kids make sure they draw closer to God, engage them as much as you can with the things of God, train a child in the way of the lord and when he is old he will never depart from it. The Lord is your strength

1 Like

Re: Married To An Atheist by harakiri(m): 11:20am On Apr 05, 2012
davidylan:

The above is absolutely untrue. If the religion section of NL is anything to go by then i would sum up most atheists thus; averagely intelligent but delusional characters who think disbelief in christianity is equivalent to logical reasoning. I guarantee without a shadow of a doubt that very few of you on there is capable of an independent scientific evaluation of your belief in a universe created basically out of nothing (a statistical impossibility).

There lies the problem. How many times must it be clearly stated that NOT ALL Atheists have disbelief in religion based on scientific findings/theories? How many times? Personally, i didn't dump religion based on science issues (a lot of you religious folks have this retarded analogy that all non-religious folks are followers of Darwin and Dawkins). I had already dumped religion long before i knew who Dawkins was (or is).

Furthermore, you so called "summing" up of "most Atheists" is your own thesis. From your previous posts on nairaland, you're not as bright as you think David. Being a lab rat doesn't make you the next Einstein. Get a grip of yourself.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Married To An Atheist by harakiri(m): 11:24am On Apr 05, 2012
davidylan:

this is a false cop-out, a handy excuse that atheists use simply because they cannot logically explain the alternative to God. The onus may lie on the theist to prove that God exists, however the onus also lies on the atheist to PROVE that the alternative to God is a remote reality. At least if you believe God doesnt exist it must be because you have LOGICAL explanations as to how you suddenly evolved out of nothing no? Talk about "intelligence"...

Whose coping-out? An Atheist has no incentive to provide your so called "alternative" to your god. We don't believe and that's it. Why are you so desperate David? Do you believe in the tooth fairy? Of course you don't. If i ask you to provide another alternative to the tooth fairy, i'm pretty sure you'd label me as being insane. Right? That's EXACTLY what you are when you ask me (who doesn't give a rat's a$$ about your beliefs) to provide/proof another alternative to your delusions.

Pathetic!

17 Likes

Re: Married To An Atheist by harakiri(m): 11:36am On Apr 05, 2012
@Davidylan

Apparently you havent been reading a bible - Is 40:22 It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.

I haven't been reading the bible? ROFLMAO. Let me take you to school David :

(1)Isaiah 11:12 : And he shall set up an ensign for the nations,and will assemble the outcasts of Israel,and gather together the dispersed of Judah FROM THE FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH! ! !

(2)Revelation 7:1 : After this i saw four angels standing on the FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH,holding back the FOUR WINDS OF THE EARTH,to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or any tree.

How's that for starters David? You religious illiterate! ! ! These are excerpts from both the old and new testament.

Most of you "intelligent" folks just spend too much time feeding off the trough of your atheist demi-gods. You should take time to actively research what they spew at you before coming here to bleat about "above-average IQs".

Can you clearly state what these "atheist demi-gods" are?

Thanks.

17 Likes

Re: Married To An Atheist by harakiri(m): 11:57am On Apr 05, 2012
@Davidylan (again)

Did you just say the earth is a "circle"? Is that what your science books tell you? Anyways, before you start shooting yourself in the foot and "explaining" how circles have "corners", let me drop a few more :

(1)Isaiah 40:22 says two things. . .First the earth is a circle and second, it has a circle above it. Read your bible well David. You so called religious folks lack "proper understanding of the bible".

(2)Job 38:13 : That it might take hold of the ENDS OF THE EARTH that the wicked might be shaken out of it angry (Can you imagine the absurdity of this statement? And you call yourself a scientist).

(3)Jeremiah 16:19 : O lord, my strength and my fortress and my refuge in the day of affliction,the gentiles shall come unto thee from the ENDS OF THE EARTH and shall say,surely our fathers have inherited lies and things wherein there is no profit.

(4)Daniel 4:11 : The tree grew and was strong and the height thereof reached unto heaven and the sight thereof to the ENDS OF ALL THE EARTH (You can't even see far enough from Mount Everest and this is a dumb a$$ tree we are talking about).

Do i need go on?

18 Likes

Re: Married To An Atheist by harakiri(m): 12:05pm On Apr 05, 2012
@Davidylan (once again)

The bible also says the world has "pillars". Does this mean the earth is standing on pillars? Like a house?

(1)Psalm 104:5 : He set the earth on it's foundations, IT CAN NEVER BE MOVED.

(2)Psalm 93:1 : The lord reigns,he is robed in majesty and is armed with strength. The earth is firmly established and CANNOT BE MOVED.

Need more science fiction from the bible? Hmmm? David?

(3)Ecclesiastes 1:5 : The sun rises and the sun sets AND HURRIES BACK TO WHERE IT RISES (For goodness sake, i can't even bear to read all this nonsense! ! ! And you'll beat your chest and claim to be a scientist.)

Pathetic! ! !

10 Likes

Re: Married To An Atheist by mazaje(m): 12:10pm On Apr 05, 2012
Normally I believe that your husband has the same right to openly practice his atheism just as you have your right to openly practice your religion. But in a society like Nigeria where a great majority of the people are backward, intolerant, willfully ignorant, uneducated,freaful,irrational, superstitious and generally stupi.d. Your husband will not be accepted as an atheist in that backward society. . . .As someone pointed out, muslims generally believe that christians are going to hell anyway and christians hold the same view about muslims. . .They still try to live with each other despite holding such beliefs about each other, why they refuse to accept the atheist and try to avoid them as if they are some plauge that need to be avioded is really mindboogling. . .

Nigeria is the most religious country I know yet it remains the most rotten country I have ever visited, nothing is just working in that cesspool. I live in a majority atheist country and it is heaven on earth compared to Nigeria. . .Isn't that clear evidence that Nigerians are just wasting their time with all the imaginary gods they claim to be worshiping?. . .So your pastor and friends all dislike your husband for not beleieving in their mythical superstitions and delusions, eh?. . .Leave your husband and go find happiness with a christian brother. . ..

31 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Twins Born In Spain Joined Hands After Birth / "When You Flaunt Baby Bumps, You Attract Negative Human Spirits" - Reno Omokri / My Husband Subjects Me To Marathon Sex For Ritual, Woman Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.