Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,120 members, 7,953,463 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:43 PM

Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? (23697 Views)

Any Hope For A Database Administrator In Nigeria / Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria? / Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by yuzedo: 9:15am On May 19, 2012
By the way, the people with 2.1 for my set never even get job sef. . :/
Mehn, I paid my dues, shun! The motivation was so great I refused to rely on "i-know-somebody", or settle for less. I applied to only good companies I felt befitted my brains, dug and dug until I found a Director's contact in a coy I was interested in & begged him to hear me out. He gave me other director's contacts and asked me to see them. Had been turned away previously @ their reception but now they received me cos I had appointment. I stated my case, (I was willing to intern without salary) and got a 2nd audience tho I never went back cos God decided to start blessing my efforts then.
My other 2.2 friend was motivated by my case & decided to crash UBA test without invite. He works in UBA now.
My 2.1 & 2.2 friends currently without jobs are those waiting for miracle and connections/hook-up without any desperate proactivity on their part. Heaven can't bless you without you showing any effort. I don't believe there are no jobs in lagos. Jobs are waiting for the right people.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by olempe(m): 9:17am On May 19, 2012
lestat: sorry but u are a monkey!!!! who told u that CGPA gets jobs in nigeria anymore? be grateful and start searching because u go siddon for house tire if u are hoping only on your CGPA

GBAM!!! But I don't like the monkey part angry angry
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by edey2real: 9:17am On May 19, 2012
Also have a friend that had 4.49. Was very painful.
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by olempe(m): 9:20am On May 19, 2012
yuzedo: By the way, the people with 2.1 for my set never even get job sef. . :/
Mehn, I paid my dues, shun! The motivation was so great I refused to rely on "i-know-somebody", or settle for less. I applied to only good companies I felt befitted my brains, dug and dug until I found a Director's contact in a coy I was interested in & begged him to hear me out. He gave me other director's contacts and asked me to see them. Had been turned away previously @ their reception but now they received me cos I had appointment. I stated my case, (I was willing to intern without salary) and got a 2nd audience tho I never went back cos God decided to start blessing my efforts then.
My other 2.2 friend was motivated by my case & decided to crash UBA test without invite. He works in UBA now.
My 2.1 & 2.2 friends currently without jobs are those waiting for miracle and connections/hook-up without any desperate proactivity on their part. Heaven can't bless you without you showing any effort. I don't believe there are no jobs in lagos. Jobs are waiting for the right people.

I agree with you bro..
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by ismhab(m): 9:21am On May 19, 2012
NO ANY HOPE @ ALL, BUT IF U HAVE LONG LEG IT IS OK, U KNOW NIGERIA IS WHO U KNOW AND WHO KNOWS U PERIOD AND THAT IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD.
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by Nobody: 9:21am On May 19, 2012
@OP, hmmn, well, i studied medicine and we dont use CGPA (like that), the way some other courses use it - the koko na to graduate from med school (maybe with hons or not). So i find this thread very very interesting. . .
@OP, as much as i will love to help, i find it rather difficult, but you can learn a cool trade [just saying] (most people on this forum incl seun know me as a website developer / programmer)

1 Like

Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by jintah4real(m): 9:28am On May 19, 2012
Which course did you study and the awarding institution?
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by Sylverbox(m): 9:31am On May 19, 2012
My Brother 1st of all I want to congratulate you for succeeding in finishing school ib record time. If truely you studied for the grades then believe in yourself alone. Don't stop your quest for excellence though. Dad had a 2.2 though but with the way he knew things about everything I always thought he was a 1st class material.U c? Grades r just numbers affected by so many factors outside ur own reach. So pick up urself and move on.
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by melvournis(f): 9:32am On May 19, 2012
DarthCa1: [img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]Your advantage, expectations will be low, you will be able to pull the interviewer in the surprise. Expectations are usually the first class, even higher 2.1 and you have your games do employment options/interviewer leave deep impression.
I very much agree with your point of view
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by lacasa: 9:38am On May 19, 2012
lestat: sorry but u are a monkey!!!! who told u that CGPA gets jobs in nigeria anymore? be grateful and start searching because u go siddon for house tire if u are hoping only on your CGPA

Sad bt True grin grin
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by bayulll01(m): 9:49am On May 19, 2012
ismhab: NO ANY HOPE @ ALL, BUT IF U HAVE LONG LEG IT IS OK, U KNOW NIGERIA IS WHO U KNOW AND WHO KNOWS U PERIOD AND THAT IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD.
no any hope,i can only assume you have never been to the university,do you know what it's takes to get a credit in any exam,your kind should be lock up in a zoo

1 Like

Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by Nobody: 9:50am On May 19, 2012
Na so e be for naija. I remember clearly in my third year in Uni , out of 14 courses I did then I had only one A , a 78% score and in three courses 69% , two courses 68% , three courses 67% , one course 66% and another 65%. Everyone who saw my result pitied me and some even suggested I meet the H.O.D for rectification but nothing was done about it. Today I don't work with my cert ( I no even know where e dey sef ) and I do better than most of my course mates.
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by bayulll01(m): 9:51am On May 19, 2012
*dhtml:
@OP, hmmn, well, i studied medicine and we dont use CGPA (like that), the way some other courses use it - the koko na to graduate from med school (maybe with hons or not). So i find this thread very very interesting. . .
@OP, as much as i will love to help, i find it rather difficult, but you can learn a cool trade [just saying] (most people on this forum incl seun know me as a website developer / programmer)
what happen to your proffesion,medical doctor!
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by 100gigabytes: 9:53am On May 19, 2012
MY GUY WAKE UP THERE , WHAT DO YOU WANT SOMEONE WITH 4.49 TO DO, UNA DEY THE SAME CLASS? BETTER BE KING OF 2.2 THAT YOU CAN DEFEND THAN 2.1 THAT YOU WILL BARELY DEFEND BECAUSE THE GUYS WITH 4.49 GO SURELY BEAT YOU HANDS DOWN. BUILD YA CV ,START BUSINESS, START TO SING MUSIC, ABI ACT FILM ABI ,PLAY BALL, MESSI NO GET DEGREE, OBI NO GET DEGREE T,HE BOTTOM LINE NA MONEY , YOU BE COMEDIAN. JUST PLAYING OH , CHILL OUT LIFE AHEAD FOR YOU IS BRIGHTER THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE WITH HARDWORK CHEERS

1 Like

Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by djeezy(m): 10:01am On May 19, 2012
Okoya: All my efforts ended with a CGPA 3.49..... what's
my fate in the market? Maybe I should just get a
transcript. This Is so painful. Please I need words
of encouragement.
Sorry Op, i know how it feels. I have seen 4.49 before and the person was crying. In your resumè all you need to do is to indicate that you got 3.49, so that they don't deem it to be a weak second class lower. Every little mark counts.
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by wisestfool2006: 10:05am On May 19, 2012
there z hope 4 u, the same thing happen 2 my course mate.. so keep praying,dont let that weight u down.. success is not by result smiley[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by luvola(m): 10:06am On May 19, 2012
d op was a course mate ,dept of accounting ,lagos state university. so sad to see this again. 70 of us had 2.1 grade out of 244.i believe it not hw far but hw well,this is a mEre paper certificate.
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by moshoodn(m): 10:22am On May 19, 2012
of encouragement.
Bro pls do, cos i'm getting one too!
I graduated 4.48 too. . . It still makes me sick and angry with the system!
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by ifyegede(m): 10:50am On May 19, 2012
@conyema Lucky u. I've bin following ur comments on dis forum & they've always bin intelligent, educative & very objective. Mind u drop ur email id & twitter handle on ifeanyi2excel@yahoo.com so i cud share some things with u? Once again, kip up da gud work. Cheers bro.
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by Skywalker5(m): 10:50am On May 19, 2012
@op why are you complaining? whats wrong with 3.49? Fine you missed the 2.1 by a few point but is anything wrong with 2.2? People are getting jobs even with third class and 2.2, You need to just build your self up and make sure you prove to the employer that you are good enough for the job.
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by carlos86: 11:00am On May 19, 2012
I think you should go for a masters.Most schools will take you.Nawa for that your school o.They should have just made it 3.5
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by Jarus(m): 11:16am On May 19, 2012
damilola15: I would like to know what the OPs subject area was. You can't compare a 3.49 Science/Engineering to 3.49 in some social Science/arts course.
All the same, it's normal to brood over such things but never forget to come out of it feeling motivated and more determined.
Wish you the best of luck.

What do you mean by the bolded?
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by Nobody: 11:24am On May 19, 2012
of encouragement.
¶ feel for u bro, ¶ remember Ђδω ¶ worked so hard τ̅o end up wit a 3.71 frm uni. Go for masters, ∂α† will render Ūя̅ whole first degree less important τ̅o u. Cheers
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by achi4u(m): 11:50am On May 19, 2012
@op,once intelligent always intelligent,thatz not the end of the road.
I hate to see ppl parading a result they cannot even defend,so if you know you're self (IQ level per se),u must make it.

Remeber a man who cannot smilegrin shouldnot open a shop.

I rather empoly a man who can smile than one with rough/stone face(Dale Carniege)

abeg still keep reading motivational books.

...as 4me,i've neva sett my foot on any higher learning but promise myself to emback on that jonny.
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by ishmael(m): 11:57am On May 19, 2012
@Mollytinrox: I disagree with u on ur previous post. The labour market in nigeria looks at the certificate and grade more than skills from what we are witnessing; and that's why the OP is worried. Also can u explain why polytechnic HND graduates with skills are not considered in most cases, even when it is obvious that they posses the skills employers want?
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by conyema12(m): 12:06pm On May 19, 2012
innocent82:

Mumu

wow!! whats ur problem Mr Innocent... I just had to share my own experience to help the young man, thats what this is all about and you are there abusing me...well then if you will like to hear more ... My school offerred me a Research assistant position with PhD scholarship after my MSc. and I rejected it cos I want to build my career in Oil and gas industry....
@ Op dust urself up and prove that ur CGPA is not your potential.
Also look for something to be doing for God in ur church..it can be in choir or other things..pray and He will give you peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by Kennyinusa(m): 12:41pm On May 19, 2012
My first question would be..
Why did you attend the university? was it for 3.5 or 4.5 or to get educated. I understand how frustrating it might be after all your effort but believe me GP is GP it doesn't really change anything about you, your potentials, your life. Just be determined, set some goals and then continue to work hard.
Some of you were talking about going for a Masters, and if the grade there too doesn't make much sense, then they would probably tell you to go for a Doctorate degree after then what........

There is more to success than GP. Please
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by optimistD(m): 12:57pm On May 19, 2012
To evry living there is hop. Even wt 3rd class deg., its nt a hopless situation.
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by vinceobe: 1:09pm On May 19, 2012
My dear, don’t worry yourself and don’t break your head over nothing. First class is very good, 2nd class upper is good but it is not the guarantee to success in life. There are so many graduates in Nigeria with 1st class that don’t even have a job. There are also many graduates in Nigeria with 2nd class upper without any jobs. It is only God’s grace that makes one successful. Be focused, hardworking and above all pray for God’s grace and favour. Only God can determine one’s success or failure in Life.

You may be surprised you get the best of jobs amongst people with the best of results.
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by Ozegbe(m): 1:15pm On May 19, 2012
of encouragement.
MY brother when your breakthrough comes your CGPA wont even count.
The likes of bill gate, mark zukerberg, wole soyinka, dangote and even our president that studied zoology dont make good grade in school.
To me academics is to make you a rational human, because your real potential is not in your credential. You could just be the next famous person the world wants to see.
NOW my advice to you, if you think you can do better than that then you can prove yourself through master program. just have an M.Sc with a near perfect grade and you good to go. Always remember ''''YOUR CREDENTIAL AND YOUR POTENTIAL ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS''''

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Pastor Work In An Alcohol Manufacturing Company? / Have A Look At The Top 5 Nigerians In ICT / I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.