Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? (23109 Views)

Any Hope For A Database Administrator In Nigeria / Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria? / Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by Sheriff19: 1:17pm On Jun 18, 2012
Claracuzio: You are quite a mugu, no wonder u graduated with 3.49. Dem tell u say pple with 2.1 sef get job?
U better go and think of what to do with ur self.
.i lyk ur comment but too harsh of u.
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by Sheriff19: 1:41pm On Jun 18, 2012
ishmael: Don't make urself look ignorant here. Are HND accontancy graduates not better than Bsc accounting graduates in nigeria? Internally and externally they are better than the Bsc graduates; and it has been proven to be statistically significant in favor of the HND graduates. So don't condemn them. And for ur info i have passed thru both schools and i am speaking from the researched truth and not assumption.
guy 4get hnd or b.sc matter.we are all on the street searching for job if u think b.sc or b.tech matters most why are u still searching job after lyk five yrs in school?
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 25, 2013
edey2real: Also have a friend that had 4.49. Was very painful.
. Ihave a cgpaa of 4.49 too really sad.is der n e different between me n somoene wv 3.5 wwhen we go fo intereviews?I was really sad with 4.49
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by Nobody: 2:14am On Jul 26, 2013
edey2real: Also have a friend that had 4.49. Was very painful.
I graduated wv a 4.49 too.is de any difference between me and smeone with 3.5 if I go fo interviews or I shld b writing my cgpa on ma cv
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by Nobody: 2:17am On Jul 26, 2013
moshoodn: Bro pls do, cos i'm getting one too!
I graduated 4.48 too. . . It still makes me sick and angry with the system!
I graduated with 4.49.pls my colleague of 4.48 howw. Do u differentiate u 2.1 from those of 3.5 my own is paining me too.I just needed 2units
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by marvelling(m): 8:09am On Jul 26, 2013
losky4real: I graduated with 4.49.pls my colleague of 4.48 howw. Do u differentiate u 2.1 from those of 3.5 my own is paining me too.I just needed 2units

My friend will you shut up! angry you are not even happy you made a second class upper! You are busy complaining, looking for how to differentiate yourself from someone with a 3.5 as if it matters. Be thankful for the one you have, there are people that wish they were you. Its not your gpa that matters but what you have upstairs and can possibly offer the society that really counts.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by marvelling(m): 8:11am On Jul 26, 2013
grin
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 26, 2013
marvelling:

My friend will you shut up! angry you are not even happy you made a second class upper! You are busy complaining, looking for how to differentiate yourself from someone with a 3.5 as if it matters. Be thankful for the one you have, there are people that wish they were you. Its not your gpa that matters but what you have upstairs and can possibly offer the society that really counts.
thankss just felt. First class opens more doors
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by moshoodn(m): 3:54pm On Jul 26, 2013
losky4real: I graduated with 4.49.pls my colleague of 4.48 howw. Do u differentiate u 2.1 from those of 3.5 my own is paining me too.I just needed 2units

I was a first class student until my 500L second semester in the Department of Biochemistry.

A prof actually told me before hand that I should forget a first class.

Not their fault but mine, if I had entered 500L with a Grade Point of 4.90, no prof or witch could have messed it up.

I entered 500L with a weak first class of 4.54, so falling back to 4.48 was pretty easy.

Anyways, I graded top of my class.

When you wanna apply for international scholarship, first class is an edge.

BTW, first class don yapa nowadays ooooo.

Funny thing is I'm not even a practising biochemist.

I'm a systems analyst and I run a mini IT coy. I pray God help me "megalize" it so I can be reckoned with in this society of ours.

My certificate is gathering dust.

Entrepreneurship is the key my lady. Class of degree aint matter no more, not in Nigeria..

By the ways, I also graded almost top of my class in the Department of Science Lab. Tech. in a renowned Federal Polytechnic years back.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 26, 2013
moshoodn:

I was a first class student until my 500L second semester in the Department of Biochemistry.

Not their fault but mine, if I had entered 500L with a Grade Point of 4.90, no prof or witch could have messed it up.

I entered 500L with a weak first class of 4.54, so falling back to 4.48 was pretty easy.

I graduated second best.and the only first class was 4.5 which I knw am way so better dan cos. It was political.herr father was in scl helpin her sort an all..so. Wv ourr kinda gp ccnt we aply fo scholarships too?and I am gonna collect my transcript and be writin ma cgpa does it give us wv d highest 2.1 an edge over 3.5 if we write our cgpa on our cv?and apart from scholarship do they take first class bfore cconsiderin us in job interviews?cos am aware we write d same aptitude test when applyin for jobs.does our cgpa make a diff dan oda 2.1's?
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by moshoodn(m): 4:07pm On Jul 26, 2013
losky4real: I graduated second best.and the only first class was 4.5 which I knw am way so better dan cos. It was political.herr father was in scl helpin her sort an all..so. Wv ourr kinda gp ccnt we aply fo scholarships too?and I am gonna collect my transcript and be writin ma cgpa does it give us wv d highest 2.1 an edge over 3.5 if we write our cgpa on our cv?and apart from scholarship do they take first class bfore cconsiderin us in job interviews?cos am aware we write d same aptitude test when applyin for jobs.does our cgpa make a diff dan oda 2.1's?

In the academic settings especially when applying for Masters, they do check grade points and thats where you have an edge over a 3.5 grade point.

Besides that, a 2.1 is a 2.1!
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 26, 2013
moshoodn:

In the academic settings especially when applying for Masters, they do check grade points and thats where you have an edge over a 3.5 grade point.

Besides that, a 2.1 is a 2.1!
but first class isn't a guarantee of getting good jobs though they still have to pass throgh same interviews Wv we 2.1's rite?and dey definately don't. Pay dem higher salaries
Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 26, 2013
moshoodn:

Funny thing is I'm not even a practising biochemist.

I'm a systems analyst and I run a mini IT coy. I pray God help me "megalize" it so I can be reckoned with in this society of ours.

My certificate is gathering dust.

Entrepreneurship is the key my lady. Class of degree aint matter no more, not in Nigeria..

By the ways, I also graded almost top of my class in the Department of Science Lab. Tech. in a renowned Federal Polytechnic years back.
but can we apply for scholarshps too?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? / I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests / What Career Jobs Can One Get As A Science Laboratory Tech Graduate (SSLT & ISLT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.