Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,228 members, 7,811,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? (25881 Views)

N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? / Nigerian Customs Blacklists GTB, Fidelity, Diamond Banks / Mastercard Card Or Visa Card: Which Nigerian Banks Offer The Cheapest And Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by hubreality(m): 6:50pm On Apr 06, 2012
GTBank
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by Yinkay: 7:28pm On Apr 06, 2012
Any Nigerian banks that is issuing Visa or Mastercard can be used outside the country or for online payment provided your account has been flagged for online/web payment, the only differentiating factor is availability of host server of the Nigerian bank and category of cards held by the customer in case of VISA, Platinum and Gold has priviledge over others.Also,some merchants abroad will not allow Nigerians to use thier POS,rather you will asked to go and use ATM and bring the cash for your purchases.
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by buchio7(m): 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2012
is it jst me or is dere a cartel of gt bank p.r. Fascists in dis nairaland.... Its wierd n so biased to say d least ...r u sure u guys r nt on gt pay roll?
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by accessroute: 7:36pm On Apr 06, 2012
Those who have made payments using Cisco site should pls help. Which bank's VISA card is best to use in paying for CCNA certificate with Cisco Networking Academy U.S.A website. Thanks
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by faithin9ja: 7:46pm On Apr 06, 2012
[/quote][/color]
[color=#006600]
Bros, am sorry, do U mean a machine in the UK dispensed £500 cash to U in one day? if yes, that machine must be wonderful

Yes I was suprised to; it was Natwest, Natwest will show the Naira balance and the £ equivalent, I actually had £535 or I think is was N137,000 and the ATM allowed me take £500. The next day however Fedility server was down I couldn't even check my balance. By the 3rd day server was working again but my balance had reduced to £28 from the previous £35 (charges I guess, don't believe exchange rate could change that much in 2 days)

Previous maximum I have been able to take is £400.

Also,some merchants abroad will not allow Nigerians to use thier POS,rather you will asked to go and use ATM and bring the cash for your purchases.

Most retailers don't even get to see the card, you just put your card in the machine, so they can't descriminate as they don't know the issuer of the card.

Online payments is a different matter, don't know if registration and address issues will cause any problems.

[quote]
[b][/b][quote]
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by makonko(m): 8:09pm On Apr 06, 2012
You guys should try Firstbank Visa gold card
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by chucky234(m): 8:18pm On Apr 06, 2012
I was using GTB mastercard and its was exceptional before I misplaced it on transit,my account officer adviced me to go for the GTB Naira mastercard which I applied for and was out in 7 days.
Now I am stuck with the Naira mastercard as I can't leave home without it. GTB rocks!!!
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 06, 2012
buchio7: is it jst me or is dere a cartel of gt bank p.r. Fascists in dis nairaland.... Its wierd n so biased to say d least ...r u sure u guys r nt on gt pay roll?
_
No, not pr. It's like we Igbos say, i don't really know, but it's goes "something something about road to the stream and going it twice."
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by Sike(m): 8:36pm On Apr 06, 2012
reloboy: GTB is da bomb when it cums to online stuff
By all accounts.
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by Zofvizuals(m): 8:43pm On Apr 06, 2012
In the above list i'll stick with GTB mastercard.
I have a GT naira MC, a First Bank verve & Mastercard & all having been fantastic for online payments over the years.
But my experience in Dubai with GTB card was amazing as I recieved instant emails for every transaction. even when it failed there was a mail to that effect too.
Can't remember the last time I visited the banking hall to pay DSTV, Airtel postpaid & swift 4g bills.I am covered with First Bank verve card, First Bank mastercard credit was awesome over shot my budget with the credit card in one of my impromptu trips.
Firstmobile& FirstOnline are products introduced to me by my RM. They enable me transfer money across banks to my siblings/parents & also pay bills from the comfort of my office/home.
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by olsmade(m): 8:53pm On Apr 06, 2012
Most def GTB. I avnt tried d oda banks yet tho. GTB dollar visacard z d bomb.
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by dljbd1(m): 9:24pm On Apr 06, 2012
GTBank
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by allspicebraind: 9:28pm On Apr 06, 2012
Though I've been using that od gtbank for a while now but just of a recent, I've really been having problem paying with it the merchants keep telling me that my bank is denying my card approval. Contacted the bank, it wasn't them. GTBank card is going WACCO
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by ceejayluv(m): 9:29pm On Apr 06, 2012
Tried to open a developer account on google using GTB naira mastercard. *For Where!?* transaction failed severally. I applied for GTB dollar visaCard though, bet that will work.
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by uchlukez(f): 9:41pm On Apr 06, 2012
Union bank online is heaven sent. Cant think of any other bank tan union

grin
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by lynxnoon(m): 9:43pm On Apr 06, 2012
GTBank Master/Naira card
end of story
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by scopusng(m): 9:52pm On Apr 06, 2012
walcolm: GTB. the only site GTB blocks is the amazon(.)com. i believe you can use them on any other site and it doesnt matter if its the naira mastercard or straight up visa

although i'd take 1st bank over them for naira transactions

GTB master card is not blocked by amazon, I used gtb dollar master card to buy goods whenever I want to.
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by Spain007(m): 9:53pm On Apr 06, 2012
I use GTB master card..,and for every 600euro withdrawed you re charged =N=1000 for transaction.
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by brainchild78(m): 10:04pm On Apr 06, 2012
Gtb is the best by far! end of discussion!
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by jonabee(m): 10:21pm On Apr 06, 2012
Skye Bank is wonderful with their Skye visa card. It is infect unequalled. I was in us and withdrew dollars from the same card I draw Naira from and the bank said it has dual functionality. Such that it can even pay pounds in Uk. And the charge is not too bad also
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by dungar4: 10:37pm On Apr 06, 2012
Do you need any activation before you can use GTBank naira master card for online payments?
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by Proxytalk: 10:47pm On Apr 06, 2012
UBA africard is the best so far. u can use it to make any online payment and withdrawal from atm outside the country but if you have intention of using it outside the country make sure u obtain personalised card (ie the one that has ur name printed on it) cos if u used unpersonalised and for any reason it got trapped the foreign agent may not give it back cos ur name is not printed it rather they ll return to the issuing bank.
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by ogbongzky(m): 11:07pm On Apr 06, 2012
My Zenith Visa Prepaid Card rocks**

I use it to pay for Facebook ads and also use it for shopping at sites like dealextreme.com. I use it at Google Adwords, Aweber, HostGator. 007names, Namecheap etc.

If interested in getting the card, read: How to Get Zenith Visa Prepaid Card
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by huncky: 11:29pm On Apr 06, 2012
UBA Africard is simply wonderful,it can pay you in any currency any where in the world where Visa cards are enabled.infact u will receive instant alerts on all transactions.come to talk of. Web transactions its surberb.I use all the time.infact there are minimal complaints on this card.rates also are just too okay.
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by velo10: 11:35pm On Apr 06, 2012
GT Mastercard is not advisable for online payments, etc. i tried using t to make payment with FB and Google but was rejected. When I called their customer service, I was advised to upgrade to GT visa Card.
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by tefund(m): 11:43pm On Apr 06, 2012
homebase: Hello house, please i want to know in your own experience which among these cards is the best for online payment.
I used glo card,it works with clickbank, www.globalverifier.com
Gtb dollar visa or master card

Fidelity visa card

UBA Africard

I mean the one that has highest numbers of acceptance on foreign sites like Godaddy, Bluehost, clickbank etc.

Thanks
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by Vergil: 12:35am On Apr 07, 2012
JW214:

Bros, am sorry, do U mean a machine in the UK dispensed £500 cash to U in one day? if yes, that machine must be wonderful

Pllzzz....massive lie. No offence faithinn9jja.

Since around 2004, its been reduced to £300 from £500. Except if you had a faulty atm machine, dispensing free extra cash n all or u got it around 2k4 to 2k5.
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by dmainboss: 1:00am On Apr 07, 2012
One problem in Nigeria is that people can just go on these band wagon and you will think they are saying fact. That is why they are all suffering the MTN pain till today. Ask many MTN users and they will still tell you MTN is the best. Meanwhile, they havent ever used other networks.

Like someone said above. All VISA or Master Cards are the same. It doesnt matter which bank. The only difference is the availability of the host server. I was at a GT Bank branch with 5 ATM machines the other day and only one was working. I went to clear a cheque in January and spent an hour and half on the queue at GT Bank, Opebi branch. When you come here and read some posts, you wonder if they are not paid adverts. All Naija banks suck. You can talk of best in certain areas but you must use the right criteria.

For example, first bank is the first to start using debit cards and having them accepted outside Naija. In fact, they held the franchise for Mastercard for many years. UBA where the first to start using Visa outside Naija followed by Eko bank. I dont know where all the talk about GTBank came from but they are quite young and just trying to catch up.

Its just like recently when GTBank announced they have started using ATM to receive cash and these same peeps here on NL went on a frenzy praising GT for their innovative bla bla. Meanwhile, First bank have the been doing it six months before GT started. Naija is a place where people use media power to try to deceive people. Thats what MTN did over the years. Great adverts and a lot of hype. The most stable bank in Naija is First bank and the only bank that is not likely to go down in a crisis. Every other bank is hanging by the thread. I remember when first bank lost 18billion during the IIL GSM bidding debacle and they didnt even shake. If you travel round Naija, especially if you go to smaller towns, you will see banks are mostly available in this order.

First bank if only one bank exist
First and UBA if 2 banks exist
First, UBA and Intercontinental (now access) if 3 banks
First, UBA, Intercontinental and Oceanic (now Eko) if 4 banks

After that, you start to see Zenith, GTB and the rest. I hear Access have closed many branches so their branch network may not be that available anymore.

Just thought I should throw in a little light because we like to hype a lot in Naija

2 Likes

Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by taharqa: 3:30am On Apr 07, 2012
doxat:

hey Chemashie. i'm preparing for gre exams, can you please connect me with someone that is too? need a study partner to exchange write ups with, thanks

I want to write too..problem is am not presently in Lagos(am presuming you stay in Lagos). We though can always share experiences online on our preparations
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by oseiwe(m): 4:26am On Apr 07, 2012
samyng:

I think both UBA AFRICA and GTB MASTER CARD work well as there are some sites that can not process GTB master card but when you try it with UBA AFRICA card it works...
Hello please can one receive funds or payment on this UBA AFRICA?

Yes Sir. It can be loaded by a 3rd party anywhere in d world.
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by ziccoit: 4:41am On Apr 07, 2012
dmainboss: One problem in Nigeria is that people can just go on these band wagon and you will think they are saying fact. That is why they are all suffering the MTN pain till today. Ask many MTN users and they will still tell you MTN is the best. Meanwhile, they havent ever used other networks.

Like someone said above. All VISA or Master Cards are the same. It doesnt matter which bank. The only difference is the availability of the host server. I was at a GT Bank branch with 5 ATM machines the other day and only one was working. I went to clear a cheque in January and spent an hour and half on the queue at GT Bank, Opebi branch. When you come here and read some posts, you wonder if they are not paid adverts. All Naija banks suck. You can talk of best in certain areas but you must use the right criteria.

For example, first bank is the first to start using debit cards and having them accepted outside Naija. In fact, they held the franchise for Mastercard for many years. UBA where the first to start using Visa outside Naija followed by Eko bank. I dont know where all the talk about GTBank came from but they are quite young and just trying to catch up.

Its just like recently when GTBank announced they have started using ATM to receive cash and these same peeps here on NL went on a frenzy praising GT for their innovative bla bla. Meanwhile, First bank have the been doing it six months before GT started. Naija is a place where people use media power to try to deceive people. Thats what MTN did over the years. Great adverts and a lot of hype. The most stable bank in Naija is First bank and the only bank that is not likely to go down in a crisis. Every other bank is hanging by the thread. I remember when first bank lost 18billion during the IIL GSM bidding debacle and they didnt even shake. If you travel round Naija, especially if you go to smaller towns, you will see banks are mostly available in this order.

First bank if only one bank exist
First and UBA if 2 banks exist
First, UBA and Intercontinental (now access) if 3 banks
First, UBA, Intercontinental and Oceanic (now Eko) if 4 banks

After that, you start to see Zenith, GTB and the rest. I hear Access have closed many branches so their branch network may not be that available anymore.

Just thought I should throw in a little light because we like to hype a lot in Naija

This is brilliant.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Brands / Reno Omokri: 'When You Meet A Wealthy Man, Don't Ask For Money' / Customers Experience Heavy Traffic At A Shopping Mall (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.