Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,034 members, 7,810,839 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? (25879 Views)

N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? / Nigerian Customs Blacklists GTB, Fidelity, Diamond Banks / Mastercard Card Or Visa Card: Which Nigerian Banks Offer The Cheapest And Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by newmaster(m): 4:59am On Apr 07, 2012
GT/bank mastercard is the best,for online payment.
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by tEsLim(m): 5:19am On Apr 07, 2012
People say GTB for several reasons. Gtb seem to be a more trendy bank and this is a forum where most people would be around 18 to 35yrs old or so. Ofcourse First bank is seen as old peoples bank. Remember the long ques and long protocols in first bank? How you have to even take a picture to cash a check sometimes?

THe other part is that other banks made it like premium service using credit or debit cards online. Gtb cards works regardless of what class of card you own. I was using the regular card with DEBIT written all over it and not for electronic use. But worked everywhere I went in EU etc. Online service is really nice. They have cash intransit, gtb to gtb, gtb to other banks (instant). For a young business person I will choose GTB and Diamond. But when your business grows big move most of the load to FirstBank. But if you still transact around 5m to 50m -- I think you should be fine with those banks. $1m plus go to FirstBank they're the strongest when it comes to financial security
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by Nobody: 6:38am On Apr 07, 2012
GTBank mastercard works on all those website you stated above except on clickbank but if you want to purchase on clickbank ans amazon then go for UBA Africard but when purchasing you have to use a USA Address which you can get for free via google and an ip changer that will change your ip to that of the USA. it wont affect what you bought cause its a digital product and you will download it online.

But when it comes to amazon they dont ship to Nigeria unless you want to use a virtual address in usa through which every product you buy will be shipped and forwarded to you here in Nigeria.
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by okpurukata(f): 7:46am On Apr 07, 2012
Fidelity Visa card is the best anyday. Every one should just try it. I used it to purchase items in France and Italy. Not dissappointed at all.
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 07, 2012
Vergil:

Pllzzz....massive lie. No offence faithinn9jja.

Since around 2004, its been reduced to £300 from £500. Except if you had a faulty atm machine, dispensing free extra cash n all or u got it around 2k4 to 2k5.

why do you think he is lying? Fact is that most people in the UK don't use a premium account. The amount an atm dispense is dependent on the type of account and not the atm. Like I said in my earlier post, if you have a NatWest Advantage gold account that cost 12.95 pounds per month, you can go into a branch or call actionline to increase your withdrawal limit from 300 to 1000 pounds per day, although you would be advised of the risk.
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by Meristem: 8:15am On Apr 07, 2012
I have tasted the THREE, from my experiences, GTB tastes better than the rest. Courrrrt!
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by YoungZedd1(m): 9:01am On Apr 07, 2012
GTB is the best in Naija
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by Buchika: 9:35am On Apr 07, 2012
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]GTB all the way
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by eprynce(m): 10:00am On Apr 07, 2012
Anyone with ideas how I can sell and receive payments on-line from other African countries? Paypal is not an option as I don't want their wahala. Please kindly suggest and advise.
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by buchio7(m): 11:50am On Apr 07, 2012
and it keeps going on and on.......pls save some of us frm dis lunacy.....

its as if nairaland has been invaded by gt bank contract staffs who have been given matching orders to sing d banks praise or loose dere entitlements.....

Abeg...abeg..abeg..make una go chop easter rice n vacate dis apuruko work wey una dey do for NL
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by hubreality(m): 1:10pm On Apr 07, 2012
dungar4: Do you need any activation before you can use GTBank naira master card for online payments?
You'll need to acquire GTB token device(3K) and get it activated for your online payments/banking for the Naira Master card to work pretty well online. Ask the GTConnect dept of GTBank at any branch.
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by Santino1(m): 4:12pm On Apr 07, 2012
dmainboss: One problem in Nigeria is that people can just go on these band wagon and you will think they are saying fact. That is why they are all suffering the MTN pain till today. Ask many MTN users and they will still tell you MTN is the best. Meanwhile, they havent ever used other networks.

Like someone said above. All VISA or Master Cards are the same. It doesnt matter which bank. The only difference is the availability of the host server. I was at a GT Bank branch with 5 ATM machines the other day and only one was working. I went to clear a cheque in January and spent an hour and half on the queue at GT Bank, Opebi branch. When you come here and read some posts, you wonder if they are not paid adverts. All Naija banks suck. You can talk of best in certain areas but you must use the right criteria.

For example, first bank is the first to start using debit cards and having them accepted outside Naija. In fact, they held the franchise for Mastercard for many years. UBA where the first to start using Visa outside Naija followed by Eko bank. I dont know where all the talk about GTBank came from but they are quite young and just trying to catch up.

Its just like recently when GTBank announced they have started using ATM to receive cash and these same peeps here on NL went on a frenzy praising GT for their innovative bla bla. Meanwhile, First bank have the been doing it six months before GT started. Naija is a place where people use media power to try to deceive people. Thats what MTN did over the years. Great adverts and a lot of hype. The most stable bank in Naija is First bank and the only bank that is not likely to go down in a crisis. Every other bank is hanging by the thread. I remember when first bank lost 18billion during the IIL GSM bidding debacle and they didnt even shake. If you travel round Naija, especially if you go to smaller towns, you will see banks are mostly available in this order.

First bank if only one bank exist
First and UBA if 2 banks exist
First, UBA and Intercontinental (now access) if 3 banks
First, UBA, Intercontinental and Oceanic (now Eko) if 4 banks

After that, you start to see Zenith, GTB and the rest. I hear Access have closed many branches so their branch network may not be that available anymore.

Just thought I should throw in a little light because we like to hype a lot in Naija

Excellent, no be small bandwagon my brother... I got the standard chartered naira visa before leaving Naija and I used it to purchase stuffs for several months without any issue before i was eventually forced to open a UBS account.
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by bukahands(m): 5:49pm On Apr 07, 2012
Dmainboss donno where u do u research mayb in ur room. The best bank is firstbank then zenith and 3rd gtbank then mayb uba you can browse on world's best 1000 banks and see. Intercontinental is rubbish why do u think access bought them over also look at the share prices of these banks b4 u talk. Plenty branches is not stability soon u go tell me say union bank na no 1 mtcheew
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by mrperfect(m): 6:49pm On Apr 07, 2012
I haven't use any but there are so many good news about GTB among webmasters
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by lovabouy(m): 11:53pm On Apr 07, 2012
faithin9ja: don't know about online payments, but Fidelity VISA (denominated in naira) is great for using in other countries.
I use my Fidelity card in UK on a regular basis, ATM's in UK have given me £500 cash when I have enough naira in my account. I bought an iPhone 4s for £700 in Apple store Westfield Shopping Mall in Stratford using my Fidelity naira debit card.

Money shows in the account within minutes of my staff crediting my account in Nigeria whilst I am in UK.

but I have not tried to use to buy online.

However in about one in 10 cases when Fidelity systems are down I have been embarrassed when trying to use the card.
u wan tel us say u travel go obodoibo abi? Dat one neva even do u , u come dey tel us say u take dollars buy iphone. Upon say na yestaday u come 4rm ur vilage u come stil take us shine. We knw u wela.no come tel us lie abeg.
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by lovabouy(m): 12:04am On Apr 08, 2012
faithin9ja: don't know about online payments, but Fidelity VISA (denominated in naira) is great for using in other countries.
I use my Fidelity card in UK on a regular basis, ATM's in UK have given me £500 cash when I have enough naira in my account. I bought an iPhone 4s for £700 in Apple store Westfield Shopping Mall in Stratford using my Fidelity naira debit card.

Money shows in the account within minutes of my staff crediting my account in Nigeria whilst I am in UK.

but I have not tried to use to buy online.

However in about one in 10 cases when Fidelity systems are down I have been embarrassed when trying to use the card.
uno get any dollar. U wey come 4rm village yestaday wan come lie 4 us taaaaaaa we know u wela
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by smsmoney(m): 2:47pm On Apr 08, 2012
For those who have GT Naira Master Card,how do get it activated for online payments?Can one recieve payments into it?Has anyone used it for facebook ads/adwords and if yes how did u deal with billing address issues?What sites cant one use it on?
Thanks
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by Ecash1: 3:20am On Apr 09, 2012
GTB Cards all the way.
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by johnny11(m): 9:28pm On Apr 16, 2012
HELP!!!!, am having problems using my GTB naira mastercard in the uk, it worked fine in naija, i dont know why atms here are not dispensing,after the pin code it just rejects my card, does it access money from your current or savings acc.?, has anyone experienced something like this? do some atms reject?(apart from visa only types)

(p.s, i already contacted gtconnect, but their help was not very suitable as i.d have to be in naija, i just want to get opinions from fellow customers abroad, maybe its a fault from my end)
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by mavtrevor(m): 11:50am On Dec 31, 2012
You can see the list of webhosts and registrars that accept GTB Mastercard http://netmediablog.com/webhosts-and-registrars-that-accept-gtb-mastercard/
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by bigtymer: 3:38pm On Sep 20, 2013
pls which mode of payment is the best options now in ALIEXPRESS..is it UBA Afrikard or Gtb master card ? AND also can fidelity debit visa card be accepted? THX AS I AWAIT UR SWIFT RESPONSE. you can email me the answer thx
wakeupbigtymer@gmail.com
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by huncky: 1:58pm On Oct 17, 2013
homebase: Hello house, please i want to know in your own experience which among these cards is the best for online payment.

Gtb dollar visa or master card

Fidelity visa card

UBA Africard

I mean the one that has highest numbers of acceptance on foreign sites like Godaddy, Bluehost, clickbank etc.

Thanks

UBA. Cards are so wonderful for all types of online payment,believe me its instant,all my circle of friends use it.their mastercard is lovely.try it see it
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by RSS18: 7:12pm On Mar 29, 2021
LIES!!! LIES!!! LIES!!!! GTB naira MasterCard is rubbish. I’m currently being rejected by Apple multiple times. I called GTBank and they said there naira card is not accepted on Apple.
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by premiumdomains: 10:08pm On Mar 29, 2021
RSS18:
LIES!!! LIES!!! LIES!!!! GTB naira MasterCard is rubbish. I’m currently being rejected by Apple multiple times. I called GTBank and they said there naira card is not accepted on Apple.

Gt naira MasterCard used to be the best..Times change!

The best now is UBA Africard ,it's a visa card...It can even link to PayPal, the only card that does that currently in Naija!
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by Ib22: 1:25pm On Apr 03, 2021
Guys does UBA master card on PayPal has $100 limitation as d case with Africa naira type?
Re: GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? by Ib22: 1:29pm On Apr 03, 2021
Plz does UBA master card on PayPal has $100 limit upon withdrawal in a month like the prepaid?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Brands / Reno Omokri: 'When You Meet A Wealthy Man, Don't Ask For Money' / Customers Experience Heavy Traffic At A Shopping Mall (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.