Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,338 members, 7,864,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:39 PM

ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church (10593 Views)

Itsekiri Leaders Seek President Jonathan Resignation / Reno Omokri Replies Buhari's Call For Jonathan's Resignation / Support The Call For Jonathan's Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by kutchs: 12:08am On Apr 07, 2012
One idiot above who claims to be an anglican and southerner said a church is in no way a corporate social responsibility and I ask: what constitute a corporate social responsibility. We need a good definition of this concept to help us out. IMO the primate has every right to speak out, the church in question is an anglican church and he represents millions of anglicans whose church is being seen as a bribe by acn. It is unfortunate that acn leaves impt matters to dwell on nothing, medical doctors are commencing a three day strike in Lagos over non implementation of agreement and the state govt is not concerned. Lai mohd sees nothing wrong with that, shame.

1 Like

Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by Uche2005: 12:23am On Apr 07, 2012
You have to ask if he speaking for himself or speaking for the church or even if he ever said so. Most time, nigeria newspapers tell lies. . I think people should be careful to judge him. He may just be speaking for himself and not the church. Here is how the Anglican church is distributed in nigeria

2842 PARISHES are in west niger, The ACN control most of the state. Not in control of Jonathan party.

742 PARISHES are in East half in control of AGAP

709 PARISHES are in mostly the middle belt and abit of north. control of the PDP state.

So he may be making a personal statement and not a church statement. He may have not even said so.

---- X 100% = % of the church
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by SamIkenna: 2:49am On Apr 07, 2012
Lets put this way - if you're a muslim you're more likely to be appalled, if you're a christian you'll probably lean towards seeing it as not much of a big deal.

For me this is the real deal - in an ideal democracy polticians/office holders should not accept anything from contractors, they should be ok with the check we give them and the ones they steal at the end of the month. So based on idealization, GEJ should not have accepted or solicited for a gift from Ghitto or Ghetto.

Now the question is - is Nigerian nation any where near ideal? The answer is obvious and based on that its disingenuous to call for GEJ's impeachment. If we're to go down that road then both the caller and the last man on the street should be impeached or even put to jail.

Nigeria has always mixed extreme religion with politics, it started even way before IBB dragged us to OIC. The solution, hopefully, would come with time. If we keep managing this democracy like we're currently doing, I believe common sense will gradually prevail with time and we'll eventually find the needed delicate balance between religion and state.
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by BabaEleko(m): 3:03am On Apr 07, 2012
fortyfeet:
before she died, she admonished you to stop taking ganja, but you wouldn't listen. see the outcome now. last week you beat up your fathers wife. don't stop o because the damage has been done.

Looks like striking Edo state psychiatrist hospital workers finally made good their threat of releasing psychiatric patient on the street. Hang in there fa9, they'll find you after the strike has been called off. SMFH
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by musiwa46: 3:10am On Apr 07, 2012
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by Nobody: 3:53am On Apr 07, 2012
The church "OPENLY" expressing support for GEJ is like GEJ "OPENLY" admitting to have sought a (bribe) Church from that Italian company---CONFLICT OF INTEREST. The Church is the MOST CORRUPT institution in Nigeria today.

1 Like

Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by aikorodo(m): 5:30am On Apr 07, 2012
[quote author=Beaf]ACN's ridiculous push is an example of how foolishness and desperation can easily graduate into unpredictable crisis.
Rascals. ...no wonder he (president) called them raschals in d 1st place.

1 Like

Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by Nobody: 5:54am On Apr 07, 2012
Many pple just d0nt get it. Let us assume this s0rt 0f thing happened t0 0bama ( I seri0usly d0ubt if 0bama's g0vt will ever make such a mistake) w0n't 0bama be 0n impeachment r0ad by n0w? I will never supp0rt medi0crity. This is n0t l0bbying. This is c0rrupti0n and this is jst h0w it happens. Is the c0nstructi0n c0mpany WH0 0r WaterAid 0r an NG0? Is the Church a S0cial amenity 0r a gift? We actually have past0rs and priests that tell us t0 f0ll0w thieving p0liticians blindly the way we f0ll0w them blindly. Are we nt running a dem0cracy where 0pp0siti0n 0f views is what dem0cracy thrives 0n. S0 when this same c0nstructi0n c0mpany d0es a p00r standard w0rk f0r FG in future, 0w will the FG c0mplain? Afterall they av c0llected gift. I av neva v0ted in any electi0n b4 c0s I think it's a waste 0f time and electi0n will eventually be rigged. This time I'm v0ting f0r ACN. They may nt be perfect but they av g00d dem0cratic ide0l0gy.
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by true2god: 7:22am On Apr 07, 2012
@ NDU_CHUKS and KACHI01 please you guys can show a little restraints in the use of your rough languages and be more contructive in your comments and contribution.

Donating to churches and mosques is not a new thing anywhere in the whole whole. The 1st french central mosque was built and financed by the french govt and nothing happend. Even in Nigeria of today many governors finance thuosands of people to Mecca and Jerusalem yearly on a pilgrimage yet nobody make noise despite the fact that the money used for this 'project' is a public fund.

I dont really think someone who's busy will have time critizing the president on this.

Hw much does Tinubu's birthday cost pls?
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by jessMena(f): 8:04am On Apr 07, 2012
How dare u say such ACN'? Dat d president of a country shud resign 4 renovating a church? When d central mosque in Abuja was renovated where were u guys?Desperation can make pipu talk from their legs n dat's exactly wat u guys r doing n as 4 all of u dat insulted d servant of God Curse b upon u because it is written I will curse those dat curse u....in as much as we r not happy wiv GEj administration abt d subsidy removal n d insecurity in d country,I'm angry too but let's not 4get dat renovating a church is not a bad tin at all unless of course u're satan himself! Mcheeeewwwww
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by bisi16(m): 8:11am On Apr 07, 2012
texazzpete: Why is the Church delving into politics? Why is this Anglican loudmouth expressing 'support for the GEJ administration'?

The Church in Nigeria is a BIG dissapointment, from the CAN president to this fellow.

The issue at stake has to do with conflict of interest and the impartiality of a leader being potentially compromised. This 'satanic' talk is really foolish.

Religious sentiments; the bane of Nigeria's problems.. I wonder what is satanic about impeachment.. Thumbs up for the above quoted comment.
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by Amalaaba: 8:49am On Apr 07, 2012
BEAF AND ALL THOSE WHO SUPPORT THE PRESIDENT,
You see, we all agree on certain things as already expressed by Editorials in many of our journals such as THE SUN:
1. The President made a mistake by soliciting for the repair during his father's burial.
2. The Company offered and gave a bribe by renovating the building
3. ACN were overboard in their call for the President's impeachment, because by our standard, the President has not done anything special; OBJ collected N6 Billion for his personal library as a sitting President.
4. The Anglican Bishop has a right like any Nigerian to make his opinion known.

Lets try to be fair and truthful in our comments for the sake of our country; if this happened in advanced countries, the President will be fired in days.
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by Demdem(m): 8:54am On Apr 07, 2012
With due respect, me think the bishops statement is a very sttupid one. The main issue at hand is the conflict of interest on the path of the retardeen and not the church itself.
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by ocelot2006(m): 9:18am On Apr 07, 2012
texazzpete: Why is the Church delving into politics? Why is this Anglican loudmouth expressing 'support for the GEJ administration'?

The Church in Nigeria is a BIG dissapointment, from the CAN president to this fellow.

The issue at stake has to do with conflict of interest and the impartiality of a leader being potentially compromised. This 'satanic' talk is really foolish.

And how's the church delving into politics? Gitto made a donation to a community, yet some idiot from the CAN calls for the president's impeachment just because he comes from there? The clergy have every right to defend the president on this one.

And seriously, would YOU have even raised an eyebrow if the same Gitto built a massive cathedral somewhere else?
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 07, 2012
ocelot2006:

And how's the church delving into politics? Gitto made a donation to a community, yet some idiot from the CAN calls for the president's impeachment just because he comes from there? The clergy have every right to defend the president on this one.

And seriously, would YOU have even raised an eyebrow if the same Gitto built a massive cathedral somewhere else?

My friend the point is not if Gitto built a church or a billion churches or 10 Billion Mosques. Its not even if they built it in Karachi, Aba, Lagos, or Sokoto. The Point is THE PRESIDENT ADMITTED TO SOLICITING A GIFT FROM A COMPANY THAT DOES BUSINESS WITH HIS GOVERNMENT. This is against the constitution.

Now, go pick up a dictionary and find out the meaning of CONFLICT OF INTEREST.
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by JoeMosco(m): 9:27am On Apr 07, 2012
This is an ethical issue, thus, from all I deduce, i want to state the facts of the case.
(1)GEJ coplained of the poor nature of the church in his home town.
2) it was not a direct plea to anyone....
3) A firm responded.....
So, put yourself in GEJ's shoes, would you ask that the house be pulled down??
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by DaLover(m): 9:37am On Apr 07, 2012
Joe Mosco: This is an ethical issue, thus, from all I deduce, i want to state the facts of the case.
3) A firm responded.....

Guy thanks, the opposition a lot of times don't know when they talk themselves into irrelevance, it just a pity, so many intelligent areas to tackle the government of the day on and you choose this to ask for impeachment?

People defending the ACNs artitude here should take a sit and find out what it means to talk yourself into irrelevance such that people now start considering you as unserious...

Shebi all HOR and senate members from the SW are from ACN, how have they used this number to aggresively fight for a reduction in legislative expenses which the senate fix by themselves...

It beats me how we expect to have credible leadership when we put up tribal and unserious opposition
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by ocelot2006(m): 9:42am On Apr 07, 2012
kingoflag:

My friend the point is not if Gitto built a church or a billion churches or 10 Billion Mosques. Its not even if they built it in Karachi, Aba, Lagos, or Sokoto. The Point is THE PRESIDENT ADMITTED TO SOLICITING A GIFT FROM A COMPANY THAT DOES BUSINESS WITH HIS GOVERNMENT. This is against the constitution.

Now, go pick up a dictionary and find out the meaning of CONFLICT OF INTEREST.

Care to explain when the President confessed to soliciting for the church, wiseguy? 'Cos the statement from the president's office, and speeches made say otherwise.

So, unless you have actual proof, you have absolutely nothing against the president.
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by Kachi01: 9:43am On Apr 07, 2012
@true2god, i think u are mistaking me for someone else, please check my post very well. Thank u. @baba_eleko, stupidity is an act of displaying ur uncultured atitudes in the public. I just pray that u will realise what u are doing in time and change before it is too late. @topic, what would ACN have done if the president have renovated the church with govt money before the burial of his father? What hapend when Obj lunched a library project and there was donations from all over the world? It is well known all over the world that the best critics does not always profer a better solution.
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by Xfactoria: 10:29am On Apr 07, 2012
Joe Mosco: This is an ethical issue, thus, from all I deduce, i want to state the facts of the case.
3) A firm responded.....

Thank u jare! I think the press twisted the story somehow because what they are tagging as the President admittance to soliciting bribe was the statement made by the President that he "complained about the state of the Church" during his father's burial. It still beat me how this is tantamount to asking Gitto to renovate the Church. If Gitto for whatever reason has responded to the call for people and organizations to help the church, I don't see how GEJ would stop them because Gitto would have made the offer to the Church where GEJ does not even worship. GEJ is a member of Olumba Olumba Church.

At best, it is Gitto who reponded to the call to renovate the church that should be questioned of its motive because what they did seems like they would be looking for the President's favour sometime in the future. What Gitto did is lobbying which is not a crime. It happens everywhere in the world.

On the flip side, if Jonathan had renovated the Church with government funds like Tinubu would do if he were in his shoes, nothing would have happened.

AC-N is an unserious party abeg!
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by kutchs: 10:55am On Apr 07, 2012
ACN shud go ahead and initiate the impeachment process if they are serious afterall almost all NASS from the SW are ACN members. They shud even get the MD of Ghitto arrested for bribing the president, get the church knocked down for being a bait to the president. These are the things I expect ACN to do instead of ranting.
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by member479760: 10:55am On Apr 07, 2012
the guy na among dem, he dey fight for his own pocket.
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by Uche2005: 10:57am On Apr 07, 2012
why would jonathan goodluck mislead people too about the story. it look like he did it so that the ACN can get into trouble. if GEJ is a member of Olumba Olumba Church. what anglican church involvement in this. i see floor on this.

there are many contract to sack jonathan goodluck on. i read about hotel he is building in yenagoa. i saw the picture too. so disgracing a church is bad.
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by ENEONWO(m): 11:32am On Apr 07, 2012
If this country does not disintegrate, i see no hope of development. We, especially the youths are just too clanish & politically jingoistic for any meaningful development. The ACN as an opposition party is expected by some totally deluded folks to fold her arms & watch our President breach our own laws (The Code of Conduct Act) with impunity. I would like Beaf & his bandwagon of foot-soldiers to read the Code of Conduct Act and in all honesty tell us wether GEJ didnt committ an impeachable offence. Of course this jive from the Primate is not unexpected because his church is the beneficiary of the disguised bribe. An opposition party has the onerous task of monitoring the activities of the govt in power, otherwise, governance degenerates into a laise faire. And i see Alhaji Lai Mohammed as the greatest party publicity secretary ever produced in West Africa. It definitely wont be easy for the ACN to impeach GEJ, given their number at the national assembly & the likelihood executive-legislative bribery, but they have to make the president sit up and desist from committing unforced errors. And for those throwing tantarums at the ACN, do they forget that the PDP's Sambo will take over if GEJ goes, not the ACN? The company should be receiving the President's tongue-lashing for their shoddy works & their penchant for the abandonment of projects all over the nation (eg. 2nd Niger Bridge), instead of going about soliciting undue advantage from a naive President.
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by PHIPEX(m): 11:33am On Apr 07, 2012
3) A firm responded.....

I doubt if some of the people complaining actually read the statement from the president. GEJ simply said that the church in question is not befitting of the church of a president and a company that heard that decided to renovate it. I still can not figure out how that statement is equivalent to asking for a bribe.
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by iykemanchi(m): 12:26pm On Apr 07, 2012
ndu_chucks: The Primate of the Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion, Most Reverend Nicholas Okoh, is actually a fool and does not understand what is in the best interest of the Anglican Chucrh in Nigeria.

This Primate should have been smart enough to use his surrogates for these types of issues.

Becareful the way you speak sir, the Primate is a spiritual leader, an anointed man of God.
You can say what you wish to say, but if you think you can insult or talk any how on net...
You will be the one to suffer it. Politics or no politics, don't insult him oh! Pls
 And it is said thus "And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee"
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by bisi16(m): 12:39pm On Apr 07, 2012
iykemanchi:

Becareful the way you speak sir, the Primate is a spiritual leader, an anointed man of God.
You can say what you wish to say, but if you think you can insult or talk any how on net...
You will be the one to suffer it. Politics or no politics, don't insult him oh! Pls
 And it is said thus "And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee"

An "anointed" man of God has no business delving into political issues hence he'll be insulted.. The 2 can never miss. He shld have known that before shouting "satanic". What has satanic got to do with impeachment? In essence, na only 4 hell dem dey impeach. Giiiiive me a break!
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by bodejohn(m): 12:53pm On Apr 07, 2012
I usually like to read diverse opinions on issues like this before commenting. This is not because I do not have a position to take but to expand my own knowledge and study the thinking pattern of the responders.
To the topic, I have some questions on my mind;
1. Did the president actually say that the church was not befitting his status as the president of Nigeria? If I can ask again, what does the statues of the president entail? A convoy of cars, AC tight church? All these while millions of Nigerians live below the poverty line?
2. What did the Anglican communion do about the state of the church that they are now willing to fight about when it wasn't befitting for the status of the president? To the best of my knowledge, the communion was suppose to take good care of their parishes.
3. What moral right does the ACN have to complain about corruption since the are also part if not leading in contribution to the nose dive of our economy.
Nigeria as a country has a lot of drain pipes, religion for me is the biggest of them all. We spend money to send people on pilgrimages, what has it benefited us? We also spend money to organise church programmes to commemorate our national holidays, how has it moved us forward? People steal money from the public and private sectors of the economy and spend it on churches and mosques but our pastors and imams still pray for them that they will continue to prosper.
If the Nigerian project is to succeed, we Nigerians will have to drop our togas of tribalism and religion to call a spade a spade.
Finally I ask, was it morally right for our president to have hinted that the church was not befitting his status? Was it also morally right for him to have received the church on behalf of the Anglican communion when it was obvious that the renovation was done by a contrator to the government he heads?
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by iykak47: 3:29pm On Apr 07, 2012
Even in USA lobbying is permitted, i dont know why people are making a mountain out of a molehill,just look at the picture of the small renovated church that is causing unnessesary noise.
Many Nigerians prefare to chase shadows instead of confronting the real problem.
Acn critcism doesn't worth the ink it was written, the president should disregard such immature ranting,
Acn behaves like a drowning man who would do everything possibe to stay afloat.
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by BabaEleko(m): 3:51pm On Apr 07, 2012
Al these zombies think it's about the "small church" literally instead of breach of laid down rules and regulation. The same pastor that will be phukcing young boys and choir mistress on the same church altar. This yeye pastor and mumu gej can suck my ddiicckk!!
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by iykak47: 4:38pm On Apr 07, 2012
Baba_Eleko: Al these zombies think it's about the "small church" literally instead of breach of laid down rules and regulation. The same pastor that will be phukcing young boys and choir mistress on the same church altar. This yeye pastor and mumu gej can suck my ddiicckk!!
The bad news for you is that The president won't be impeached neither would the church be demolished,so your heartbreak over a renovated churh will continue to be endless. You called GEJ mumu but with your 'intelligence',the man still rule over you,he is THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF OF THE ARMED FORCES OF THE FEDERAL REPULBLIC OF NIGERIA,which means he can command soldiers to teach you 'wise man' and your entire village a lesson.
Boy think about it before you open your rotten mouth to call him mumu.
Re: ACN's Call For President Jonathan's Resignation Is Satanic - Anglican Church by BabaEleko(m): 6:33pm On Apr 07, 2012
iykak47: The bad news for you is that The president won't be impeached neither would the church be demolished,so your heartbreak over a renovated churh will continue to be endless. You called GEJ mumu but with your 'intelligence',the man still rule over you,he is THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF OF THE ARMED FORCES OF THE FEDERAL REPULBLIC OF NIGERIA,which means he can command soldiers to teach you 'wise man' and your entire village a lesson.
Boy think about it before you open your rotten mouth to call him mumu.

So since retardeen GEJ is the Presido and i'm not, then maybe you are the VP abi or u r d nxt in line. Funny enough ur GEJ and that Yeye pastor are sucking my ddiicckk right now. U sef fit enter set iykak47 iycock69. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rivers Polls: INEC Releases List Of Collated LGA Results / Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads / 41,670 PDP Members Defect To APC In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.