Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,172 members, 7,815,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

MTN Defrauds Customers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN Defrauds Customers (1508 Views)

Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos / 6 Ways To Keep Your Online Customers Away From Your Competition / Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Defrauds Customers by Chuks84(m): 9:58am On Apr 06, 2012
Yesterday, MTN illegally deducted 750 naira worth of credit from my phone line. I found out that they did the same thing to most people I know. The annoying thing is that their customer care lines are not responding. This firm has been taking Nigerians for granted for too long. As I write, I am going to their office to raise hell, they must credit my line back. Did any one have this same experience?

1 Like

Re: MTN Defrauds Customers by aieromon(m): 10:38am On Apr 06, 2012
Mine was N680.Phucking crooks angry angry
Re: MTN Defrauds Customers by oyinmama(f): 10:43am On Apr 06, 2012
Bought N1500 yesterday morning, made one MTN to MTN call (for less than a minute) only all day; noticed that the BIS wasnt working well yesterday night. I tried making a call, got disconected, only to check my balance and see 0.00. Their customer service lines aren't going through. angry

1 Like

Re: MTN Defrauds Customers by MoUTD: 11:24am On Apr 06, 2012
I experienced it too...400n...make dis crook credit us back
Re: MTN Defrauds Customers by ishmael(m): 6:00pm On Apr 06, 2012
I had same problem yestaday too. I successfully loaded 200 naira airtime just to browse, but could nt browse because of mtn network wahala. When i checked my bal again it was showing me 0.00 naira. I complained to my sista inlaw who also confirmed to me that she too mysteriously lost her mtn credit. Till this moment mtn is yet to explain what is happening to our credits.
Re: MTN Defrauds Customers by blackboi(m): 6:55pm On Apr 06, 2012
Report to NCC
for how long will they keep on scaming?
Re: MTN Defrauds Customers by stagger: 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2012
How does a company wake up and steal billions of Naira from its customers and the regulators just sit down and mope?
Re: MTN Defrauds Customers by UNLTD51(m): 8:42pm On Apr 06, 2012
Same thing happened to me. These guys aren't acting responsibly at all. They stole N460 from my Account.
Re: MTN Defrauds Customers by msb247(m): 12:16am On Apr 07, 2012
Only in Nigeria such things happen and they get away with it...especially foreigners. Can any Nigerian company even dare try doing such a thing in another country and get away with it? NO!!! If the House of Representatives and NCC keep mute to this, be rest assured that they have a hand in it. If this is the case, we all need to join hands and OCCUPY MTN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: MTN Defrauds Customers by megareal: 1:03am On Apr 07, 2012
You just noticed yesterday? Most people I know have been complaing about it for the last six months. They bring in gimmick promos then turn round and steal from their unsuspecting customers. They should be send back to SA!!
Re: MTN Defrauds Customers by ekundayomi: 6:04am On Apr 07, 2012
mine was 200 my friend loaded to pay for bis week but 300 was only taken... mtn bleeps.. no one to check there activity
Re: MTN Defrauds Customers by erniewhez(m): 7:54am On Apr 07, 2012
my xprience was wit etisalat, theres ds quiz dt comes wit sms frm 777. Initially i took it as fun answering those qtns sent me until d day they deducted N100 frm my balance without prior warning. I called dt they shld stop sending frm 777 bt they told me its compulsory for all etisalat subscribers.
Re: MTN Defrauds Customers by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 07, 2012
[quote author=erniewhez]my xprience was wit etisalat, theres ds quiz dt comes wit sms frm 777. Initially i took it as fun answering those qtns sent me until d day they deducted N100 frm my balance without prior warning. I called dt they shld stop sending frm 777 bt they told me its compulsory for all etisalat subscribers. [/quote/] omo just stop replying the texts,simple. Back to the topic at hand. . .
Re: MTN Defrauds Customers by erniewhez(m): 9:25am On Apr 07, 2012
[quote author=brokoto][/quote]
yes i stopped replying,but d bulk of sms dt keeps coming is is disturbing.All am saying is NCC shld be more active cos ds network providers are nt respecting d rights of subscriber.There shld be an option to opt for non subscription for such disturbing, distracting sms

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Paypal Nigeria Is Closing Businesses Of Nigerian Internet Entrpreneurs / Prons And Cons Of Doing Business In Ghana ? / How I Built A House With Almost Zero Startup Capital (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.