Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,948 members, 7,952,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:22 AM

John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? (11784 Views)

Throwback Photo Of John Mikel Obi / f / John Mikel Obi Better Than Okocha At 19? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by bagoma(f): 8:11pm On Jan 03, 2006
i have read his post twice over and at the risk of being called dumb myself, but i'm afraid i cant figure out what he said wrong.
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by legacyox: 5:12pm On Jan 04, 2006
Mikel, I am a great Josite (plateau State) too and I lived at Apata. But in UK now. I am neither a Man u or Chelsea fan but my real advice for u will be for u to honour your Man U Contract.
Remember all our desires when we where young and growing up was to play in the Englsh premiership and above all our dream was to play for a big Club Like Manchester united, or Liverpool.
It's very possible for u to have a better prospects there than anywhere else in England, moreover u will be making a big name being the first Nigerian to play in the Man U colour. I also do not think there are any club u might want to go that would not love to take u if they no u are coming from Man U. Chelsea are also a good side but If u decide to go to Chelsea, u should have it at the back of your mind that there will be a massive bench to initially deal with like the likes of already getting frustrated stars Shawn wright Philips, Gudjohnson, Carlton Cole etc. be warned my broda Kudi nobi everything, ANKALI OO. They call me Steaky.
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by legacyox: 5:21pm On Jan 04, 2006
[]Mikel, I am a great Josite (plateau State) too and I lived at Apata. But in UK now.  I am neither a Man u or Chelsea fan but my real advice for u will be for u to honour your Man U Contract.
Remember all our desires when we where young and growing up was to play in the Englsh premiership and above all our dream was to play for a big Club Like Manchester united, or Liverpool.
It's very possible for u to have a better prospects there than anywhere else in England, moreover u will be making a big name being the first Nigerian to play in the Man U colour. I also do not think there are any club u might want to go that would not love to take u if they no u are coming from Man U.  Chelsea are also a good side but If u decide to go to Chelsea, u should have it at the back of your mind that there will be a massive bench to initially deal with like the likes of already getting frustrated stars Shawn wright Philips, Gudjohnson, Carlton Cole Lassana Diara, Geremi etc. be warned my broda Kudi nobi everything, ANKALI OO. They call me Steaky.[/b][/b][b][/b]
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by luridguy(m): 7:43pm On Jan 04, 2006
chealse have close to 11 midfield players where woul mikel fit in............he would turn to class captain on the bench
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by PrepaidNG(m): 3:45am On Jan 05, 2006
John Mikel Obi still needs a few more years to mature!

At the rate the hype is going on, the young man will
burn-out before his time!

www.prepaidnigeria.com - A better way to recharge!

Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by FOD(m): 10:21pm On Jan 09, 2006
Wanted starlet John Mikel loses Lynn appeal

John Obi Mikel has lost the court case he hoped would push through his projected move from Lyn Oslo to the Premiership.

The 18-year-old Nigerian midfielder, who has been courted by Manchester United and Chelsea, had asked Oslo's city court to rule in a labour dispute, arguing the contract he has with Lyn was forged.

However the judgement went against Mikel, with the court advising his legal team the matter was a sporting rather than a labour dispute, and belonged in a court of sporting arbitration.

Read more here.
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by Chxta(m): 10:24pm On Jan 09, 2006
O goody. So we'll get to see him at ManU hopefully?
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by awosusi: 10:44am On Jan 20, 2006
Mikel Obi is a young boy. The agents should not be allowed to capitalize on his ignorance for their selfish end. Rather they should help in building him up. He should learn from the players like Agahowa, Okocha and others. He should not be tempted by the deceit and the monetary gain. Be focused.

Dele Awosusi
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by Chxta(m): 2:26pm On Jan 20, 2006
I always find it funny that people could apparently register on the forum just to say one sentence and then we never hear from them again...
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by dblock(m): 8:02am On Jan 22, 2006
Mikel is a greedy fool. Period. cool cool
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by mochafella(m): 5:11pm On Jan 30, 2006
Both these make interesting reading.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=356906&cc=5901
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/4661150.stm

I truly wonder what will eventually happen with Mikel's case. undecided
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by c0dec(m): 12:49am On Jan 31, 2006
whatever happens ... it won't be bad.
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by dblock(m): 4:22am On Jan 31, 2006
I trully wish the best for the guy but just look at the mess he's got himself into. Only God can save him now
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by timmy(m): 10:45am On Jan 31, 2006
the guy might be kiled
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by Chxta(m): 3:43pm On Jan 31, 2006
Nah. Things will work out for him. Let's kill Shittu instead...
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by darqly(m): 5:27pm On Jan 31, 2006
SAF is building a new team, a younger generation that'll click like Becks,Giggsy,Scholesly et al. Obi would not only get the chance to play week in-week out, but be up to claim for himself a regular starting slot. Right now, Man U's midfield is in crisis, Obi would only be too welcome to play for US.
Going to Chelski, let any 'nouveau riche' fans tell me who Jose's going to bench for Obi? SWP(the next Becks..), Joe cole(chk his work-rate), Essien(someone just paid through the nose for him),Makelele(the almighty HOLDER)?

Simple Maths, boys, chk the statistics, numbers don't lie.
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by slimnike(m): 6:31pm On Feb 07, 2006
I believe if he comes to Chelsea he will have a shirt if he proves him self,there is no manager that will see a good player and put him in the bench,when he wants to win games.
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by babwilms(m): 6:36pm On Feb 24, 2006
Between the Two teams? MAN UNITED is the better of the two for him to got to. Why? Coz he wouldnt have to wait for too long before his break through but Alex Ferguson will probably see him after a while if under performing like he did to Andy Cole and Dwight York(diego forlan, DAVID BECKHAM and others) . Whereas if OBI goes to Chelsea i believe he's playing with his footbal career coz he probably or most definately not get to play more than a total of ten matches a season which will obviosly jeoperdise his international career and his rating ( U can see what is happenning to Seun wright philip, Tiago and what happened to Kezman)
Due to all these reasons, Arsenal is the best place fo him to launch his career. Why? coz he would get to play nearly every time with his talent, probably go on to be one of the best in the world in three years to come if he comes to arsenal plenty examples( King Henry, Vieira, Anelka, Kanu, all mighty, great, genius Dennis Bergkamp, Mark Overmars, Pires before his injury in 2003, Ian Wright) all this guys came to Arsenal with no one knowing them but became one of the best during their stay at Arsenal. ARSENAL HIS THE PLACE FOR MIKEL OBI
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by nobody2: 10:20am On Feb 27, 2006
Obi like every other player has his rights. Fifa is aware of slavery in the game.lyn is claiming they don't have a hidden agenda then why will such a good player be sold in the dark.
the club is surposed to be in business and would have made the bidding a public one so that the highest bidder takes the day coupled with the interest of the player.
how come even nigerians cannot see the writting on the wall.
how are they selling the player without allowing clubs to bid like other clubs do when they have players for sale.
Essien went to chelsea even when he had his contract still running with Lyon. what about Wright philips.
i am of the school of thought who believe that Mikel should be given a chance even in the biggest club in the world. let him go into the most serious competition this might be his peak so let him make hiar while the sun shines.
kanu as one of the most successfull players in nigeria has been moving from one big club to the other but Okocha of all people despite his good works in footbal could be seen suffering from one poor club to the other working to bring names of clubs up.
it is time we work in good clubs and enjoy the benefits of such rich clubs like barca and real madrid.
come to the think of it Messi who dragged the best player in the world youth championship in Holland with Mikel is playing with Barca and he is not doing bad so why are we saying Mikel will not find his fit in Chelsea.
Fellow Nigerians, let all of us join our heads in prayers to ask God do it for Mikel as envy and jealous will not do us any good.
the man Mikel is working with blessing and i know God's blessings will not fail him where ever he goes as was proved in the just concluded nations cup in Egypt. Our coach threathened not to call him because he has not been playing but for God's intervention he was there not only been there, he was recognised by CAF. as if the coach was not ok decided to challenge CAF for given honour to who honour is due. first in the history of football that a coach is refusing to accept an award given by football governing body on his player instead wanted for another-that is absolute madness.
the question here is, "if God be for us, who will be against us"
reffering you to the case of Joseph in the Bible, his brothers sold him so that he will not be a king, but unknown to them, they only lifted him double steps to the crown.
Mikel, God is with you and his blessing shall ever follow you no matter how drastic FIfa' decission is going to be, that will be the begining of your success.
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by nobody2: 8:36am On May 02, 2006
Chimanu, u made ur position clear when u said u are a man u fan. no one expect nothing more than the normal selfish ineterst of human beings on issues like this.
you are so much occupied with what will make u happy living the person directly involved behind.
have u come to ask such questions likem, what, where and how is the happiness of the player(mikel).
i want remind you that whenever you are parying for someone else you tell God to grant that person his heart desires not your heart desires.
if you like mikel as a person, then start all over again and tell God to grant Mikel his heart desires.
tell God to use him where ever he goes write the name of nigeria and africa as a whole in Gold letters.
i am an Arsenal fan but i pray that Nigerians (good players) like Mikel, martins, Odiah, Yobo, Taiwo, Obodo, Yakubu and a host of others should joing their fellow African players in signing historic contracts and play good clubs like Essien, Drogba, Etoo and others.
Nigerians, it is high time we keep envy and jealous apart and pray for the growth of our young players.
good clubs make good players.
our able football ambassadores like Kanu Nwankwo is who he is today because of good clubs who has had his signatures in the past not because he is the best player Nigeria has ever seen.
my prayers are that other players be like him and even more than him.
let the God that put kanu through the passages of the big clubs come again and see Mikel through and bring up others and i say AMEN. I hope this prayer touches the mind of every ready hence i urge you to say Amen.
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by slimnike(m): 5:48pm On May 03, 2006
He should just go to a club like,Astonvilla or reading.
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by gem87(f): 9:17pm On May 29, 2006
i know!
chelsea cuz we can give him wht he wants!
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by spikelord(m): 12:22am On May 30, 2006
And what do you think he wants?
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by slimnike(m): 4:03pm On May 30, 2006
For God sake,You guys should stop critisizing Mikel.Is not is fault but the fault of His agent.Mikel do not know anything about signing contract,the person that advise Him to sign that contract is to be blamed not Mikel. sad sad sad
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by gem87(f): 9:45pm On May 30, 2006
spikelord:

And what do you think he wants?

MONEY!!!

well so i've heard.
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by spikelord(m): 12:55am On Jun 01, 2006
Time is running out Mikel, you are not getting any younger!
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by gem87(f): 10:09pm On Jun 01, 2006
yeah ryt, lol
he's still got his entire life ahead of him

i mean he ain't even 20 yet.
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by spikelord(m): 10:15pm On Jun 01, 2006
But he should have been doing something for himself even if he is 12
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by diddy4(m): 10:47pm On Jun 01, 2006
actually, dat guy is my cousin and he is prolly moving to chelsea cuzz the little money they gave him last year, he used it to buy one big land near my mums village to build a mansion. they have started work on it shaa. i wish him luck where ever he goes, is not like he wont get his money both ways.
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by gem87(f): 10:58pm On Jun 01, 2006
diddy!!!
y did u tell every1?
they're gonna think we got too much dough now!
as in d family.

p.s: holla at me l8r.
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by diddy4(m): 11:04pm On Jun 01, 2006
is true, what a mistake. i no for talk sef. this my computer works too much. y cant it type only what i said it should type. bill gate i hold u responsible for this error. grin
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by bagoma(f): 2:35am On Jun 02, 2006
:d :d :d :d :d :d

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Frank Onyeka Aims For AFCON 2023 Success With Nigeria’s Super Eagles / CAF Invites Akpabio And Uduaghan To AFCON Final. / Rangers Vs ASCK: Ugwuanyi Gives Rangers' Fans Free Entry Into The Stadium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.