Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? (11606 Views)

Throwback Photo Of John Mikel Obi / f / John Mikel Obi Better Than Okocha At 19? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by slimnike(m): 9:08pm On Mar 08, 2007
The plain truth is that Mikel is improving.
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by 9ja4eva: 5:48am On Mar 09, 2007
Is he?Well i have not really noticed it oh.
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by slimnike(m): 8:51pm On Mar 13, 2007
See your Optometrist.
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by 9ja4eva: 4:50am On Mar 14, 2007
You r so careless with words.
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by chidichris(m): 7:57am On Mar 20, 2007
i hope all ye angels of doom are following the game.
who among us here watched chelsea tothenham last night.
the golden boy was controlling the affairs of the club at the center of the pitch.
recieving and distributing the passes with ease.
who said this boy is not taking over the game.
i am seeing a chelsea build on mikel and diarra. these two guys are just too good.
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by Mustay(m): 8:07am On Mar 20, 2007
when obi arrived, j m stated clearly that obi will rule england come 2008. the master knows what he's doin and gradually, he's making obi do the in thing
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by Abdblues(m): 9:10am On Mar 20, 2007
While i say he hasnt gotten there yet, The boy has improved a lot!What does the prophets of doom have to say now that the boy walked straight back into the team from a 4-game ban?
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by Mustay(m): 9:46am On Mar 20, 2007
abdblues%amodu
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by kalicoco(m): 10:23pm On Mar 20, 2007
Ever since Jon Mikel Obi dazzled us at holland, his future has bin highly debated ie Chelsea or Manutd. lukin at d way manutd play there is no doubt dat he would hav settled immediately wit d likes of rooney, ronaldo, etc. howeva i am of d opinion dat he's betta off as he is.Manutd don't hav a gud diciplainary record esp as regards youngstars n obi is due 2 his skills n fame tends 2 be highheaded n needs a diciplainarian like d special one. jose has bin full of praise 4 mikel n nos wat he can do in terms of ball handlin n distribution. if u watch mikel in his recent games ie porto, arse n spurs, u can see dat he's evolvin 4rm bin just an attackin midfielder b4 into a holdin one now. obviously u can see d experience of playin wit d likes of ballack, makelele n lamps is rubbin on. which is a plus 2 our national team cos we can have not just an attackin option n a ball distributor, but also a holdin one. u can imagine us havin a pirlo,riquileme n a makelele in one person, more like a zizou.
take a cue 4rm okocha, until he moved 2 bolton he's game lacked dat final touch. he could dribble alrite but didn't hav d attitude. it was common then 2 see him miss a chance n smile or laff but at bolton he couldnt do dat n had 2 adjust. he's attitude changed, his shots became sharper n betta n he improved technically n we all swa d results.
i think it is not all about bin a gud dribler but wat u can learn in terms of technique and experience by being a winner.
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by Mustay(m): 10:27pm On Mar 20, 2007
. . . . U 'talk' well especially d discipline aspect
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by slimnike(m): 3:31am On Mar 22, 2007
9ja4eva:

You r so careless with words.
Did you give Me any to keep?
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by 9ja4eva: 8:54am On Mar 22, 2007
U don come oh.
kalicoco:

Ever since Jon Mikel Obi dazzled us at holland, his future has bin highly debated ie Chelsea or Manutd. lukin at d way manutd play there is no doubt that he would hav settled immediately wit d likes of rooney, ronaldo, etc. howeva i am of d opinion that he's betta off as he is.Manutd don't hav a good diciplainary record esp as regards youngstars n obi is due 2 his skills n fame tends 2 be highheaded n needs a diciplainarian like d special one. jose has bin full of praise 4 mikel n nos what he can do in terms of ball handlin n distribution. if u watch mikel in his recent games ie porto, arse n spurs, u can see that he's evolvin from bin just an attackin midfielder before into a holdin one now. obviously u can see d experience of playin wit d likes of ballack, makelele n lamps is rubbin on. which is a plus 2 our national team because we can have not just an attackin option n a ball distributor, but also a holdin one. u can imagine us havin a pirlo,riquileme n a makelele in one person, more like a zizou.
take a cue from okocha, until he moved 2 bolton he's game lacked that final touch. he could dribble alrite but didn't hav d attitude. it was common then 2 see him miss a chance n smile or laff but at bolton he couldnt do that n had 2 adjust. he's attitude changed, his shots became sharper n betta n he improved technically n we all swa d results.
i think it is not all about bin a good dribler but what u can learn in terms of technique and experience by being a winner.

What do u mean Manchester United gat no disciplinary record?I dont you are right.There is a difference between Jose and SAF and of course u know no matter what SAF is the greatest and in England SAF and Arsene are top coaches who can bring out the best in young players.Am sure u can see Cesc,Ronaldo,Rooney and co?
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by Mustay(m): 10:10am On Mar 22, 2007
Saf and asene can bring out d best in players when it comes to martial arts and wrestling abi?
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by 9ja4eva: 10:20am On Mar 22, 2007
U kidding right?Can u please mention one youngster ruling England now?Top 5 youngsters ruling England are all from Manchester United and Arsenal.Respect d fathers pls.
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by kalicoco(m): 12:17am On Mar 23, 2007
@9ja4eva
r they disciplined? was is not rooney n ronaldo wey wan fight? we all no rooney , smith n co r not role models wen it comes 2 out of pitch conduct. can u image a fracas happin in chelsea? u can c wen riccky complained 'bot d team selection, he was fined n had 2 sit out some games which he latter apologized.same wit diarra n mikel. look in terms of curbing players indiscipline d special one is it.
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by 9ja4eva: 5:32am On Mar 23, 2007
Mumuinho is very rude.He talks to his players anyhow.Oh really?Why den did Mikel get into a fight when dey played Arsenal for d Carling cup final?Please leave sentiment alone and face reality.Okay so tell me which young player in Chelsea can u compare to d bests of Man Utd and Arsenal youngsters?All promising youngsters dream of playing under SAF or Wenger cos dey bring out d best in dem.Werent u shocked to read abt small Lionel Messi saying he can never work under Mumuinho cos of his nature.Please free d gurus jare.
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by chidichris(m): 11:54am On Mar 24, 2007
gud talk, all youngerstars want to play under arsena and fergie EXCEPT mikel.
let us not be so short sighted. who among the players is playing there because they want to.
trace their transfer records and beging to appreciate that most of them are serving under modern slavery.
can u imagin toure at 500,000 pounds while walcot is worth 15 million.
can u imagin ferguson forcing mikel to a 4 million signing on to sale him at 16 million without traning with him as to say he has brushed him.
everybody is saying that mourinho is playing well because of money yes, what about his success in porto?
drogba has been a player but is only winning african's best player of the year under mourinho.
if mikel plays in man u he will work straight into the field without even training and this is another way of saying he plays better than everyother man u players.
it is another way of saying he does not need to struggle to get a first team shirt.
brothers and sisters, mikel is playing where he wants to play and we can all agree here that all anti chelsea fans never gave him where he is today bcs the question has been, who is he going to bench so i think he is benching mourinho now to play.
mikel threads henceforth shld be designed to praise the young bcs we will agree that it is only when the work is hard that we know the real hard workers.
if he can play in chelsea, he can play anywhere in the world.
to me, he knows the politics of football and he knows that the rule is use and dump and i recomend arsenal as the last club for any young man.
i respect henry to showing them that he can be political too.
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by 9ja4eva: 6:44pm On Mar 24, 2007
So Mikel plays better than Scholes and Carrick?Why on earth wld he work onto d pitch without playing?Wateva jare nt interested.
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by gem87(f): 4:49am On Mar 25, 2007
abeg who has d boy's details?
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by 9ja4eva: 4:55am On Mar 25, 2007
Which boy?
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by gem87(f): 5:01am On Mar 25, 2007
Mikel, duh!
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by 9ja4eva: 6:44am On Mar 25, 2007
Very funny u.

Mikel Obi : Plays for Chelsea and a 9jerian too.
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by gem87(f): 6:47am On Mar 25, 2007
lol, yeah i knew dat thnx but i meant his contacts
but dat's stupid cuz it's not like any1 wld knw and if they did they wldn't wanna post it here
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by 9ja4eva: 7:29am On Mar 25, 2007
LOL.Why nt go corner him @ d stadium
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by gem87(f): 3:10am On Mar 27, 2007
trust me i'm working on dat
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by 9ja4eva: 4:29am On Mar 27, 2007
Lucky u.
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by chidichris(m): 12:40pm On Mar 28, 2007
Gem, i like ur guts. it is always gud to go by the "direct approach". most ppl here condeming mikel are really dying to see him but out of frustration, they will change their stance to negative comments.
they boy is gud and no matter where he plays, he need to work hard to get into the team as no team will give him shirt without working hard.
if he goes to man u and Bleep up, they will bench him so now that he has started working hard in chelsea, he already has a medal(carling cup) to his credit in his first season in England and he is actively playing in the most prestigious club competion(champions league as well as still in the fa cup and premier league.
fellow nigerians, what much more do we need from a promising young star?
the author of this thread shld for God's sake revisit this thread and possibly confess to his surprises from this young man.
Ronaldo of man u has been in the club for years only to turn out the terror of the season so why can't we give this young man time to concentrate and do what he does best.
like play, like play, the boy don dey get honours and awards for football and frustrated okukos are here opening and closing their gutters in the name of talking bullshit against the annointed/golden boy.
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by 9ja4eva: 9:07pm On Mar 28, 2007
Mikel wnt last in football and dis is nt anything abt beef or d likes its jst d raw truth.Rising to stardom requires so much and hes nt giving it @ orl.Those of you that saw him play for Nigeria against Uganda shld tell me if hes really worth representing the National team.I want to know if he is greater than the likes of Ronaldo of Brazil,Beckham of England,Cesc of Spain,Ronaldo of Portugal?He is nt anywhere near dem yet he feels like hes dere already.Well if u can instead of taking on those speaking d truth advice him to calm down.If i were Vogts i will kick him out of the national team cos we have better players round the world.Its sad though to know.I dont like his game cos hes too sluggish for my liking and this is my opinion.
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by Abdblues(m): 11:49am On Mar 29, 2007
@9ja4eva:
All your ranting here cant be anything but beef Man!, i didnt watch the Naija match, but reports from the Naija newspapers singled out on Osaze for praise!, meaning that majority of the players had a torrid time on the field of play. Yet your 'objective' self is here singling out Mikel to be axed from the team. Mikel is definitely not as great as Ronaldo or Bekham but he has got the potential to be as great as this players, if he can keep his cool,He also has age on his side, he has not done too badly in his first season and he can be a revealation for Chelsea next season.
Stp beefing the guy!!!
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by Razorr(f): 12:05pm On Mar 29, 2007
I tire o. . . Bad belle. grin
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by Damose(m): 6:37pm On Mar 29, 2007
@9jaeva, i am very disappointed embarassed embarassed in you, i don't believe somebody like you can talk llike this, you that i thought you are a matured football fan, you really disappointed me MAN. how could you be talking like that, imagine you, comparing RONALDO, BECKHAM to MIKEL, how old is RONALDO & BECKHAM and how old is MIKEL? it is obviously showing that you are beefing this guy, for crying out loud, he is NIGERIAN. Haba stop beefing in order to progress. and face the reality. SCREW YOU MAN. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: John Mikel Obi. Which Club and Why? by 9ja4eva: 8:35pm On Mar 29, 2007
Damose:

@9jaeva, i am very disappointed embarassed embarassed in you, i don't believe somebody like you can talk llike this, you that i thought you are a matured football fan, you really disappointed me MAN. how could you be talking like that, imagine you, comparing RONALDO, BECKHAM to MIKEL, how old is RONALDO & BECKHAM and how old is MIKEL? it is obviously showing that you are beefing this guy, for crying out loud, he is NIGERIAN. Haba stop beefing in order to progress. and face the reality. SCREW YOU MAN. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Far from it.I didnt watch d match too but he was singled out to be the 2nd worst player on d pitch.I was shocked reading it up myself bt den d truth shld be said.Its nt a matter of beef or d likes cos i gat nothing to gain from beefing him.I still think it will be in d best interest of all to leave out players who cnt give deir best on d field of play to the Country out of d team.One sad truth is Mikel cannot replace Okocha as we all thot.Its sad bt d truth.Those who watched d match cn testify if dey want to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Salah, Mane & Aubameyang Nominated For The African Player Of The Year 2018 / Birmingham 2022: Nigeria Wins Bronze In Men's 4x100m Relay Event / Nigeria Women Football League (NWFL) Fans Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.