Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! (10146 Views)

See What Speed Bumps Is Causing On This Abuja Road (Pictures) / Terrible Accident Along Abuja Road Akwanga Nasarawa - Graphic Photos / 18 Die, 56 Injured In Lokoja-Abuja Road Early Morning Crash (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! by crackhouse(m): 9:52am On Apr 07, 2012
My brother was caught up in the holdup too. He left lagos by 7am and called me around 3am to tell me that they are still on the road. Didn't know when they reach Abuja cos i advised him to sleep in the park so that he will come back to the house this morning.
Re: Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! by Callotti: 10:27am On Apr 07, 2012
crackhouse: what's ur point dude?

I cannot help you if you don't get it.
I believe I wrote in simple 'English'.
Try 'Hooked On Phonics'!kiss
Re: Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! by Emmysteve(m): 10:31am On Apr 07, 2012
This is my forth year in school where i normally travel from Abuja pass thru Lokoja to Anyigba without hold up. I thank God because i will be thru wit my schl dis year without experiencing any problem in that road.
Re: Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! by otokx(m): 10:46am On Apr 07, 2012
When everybody is traveling to God knows where at the same time, what do you expect?
Re: Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! by dhalizm: 10:54am On Apr 07, 2012
Funny enough, my wife was caught up in it. She has pteromerhanophobia; left Abuja 9am yesterday and she is still on her way back to Lagos (just passed Ibadan) as of 10:53am today.
Re: Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! by omodada1: 10:55am On Apr 07, 2012
Wen wil our Govt. Recognize hw and where τ̅☺ touch every nigerians? I doubt if our leaders know God as D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ claim...bloody thieves helping devil τ̅☺ achieve his mission! Imagine hw many deaths on dat road per week. God ponish dem...
Re: Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! by Shinor(m): 11:52am On Apr 07, 2012
When your president spends N1billion on food for a year and refused to reduce the amount in the heat of the fuel subsidy strikes. Shows you what sort of leaders reign over Nigeria.
Re: Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! by phadat(m): 11:59am On Apr 07, 2012
basty: Thank God for the Rich in Nigeria, I saw on CNN yesterday, a car that that fly and equally move on the road. The thought of hold up is no longer there. Case closed.
I don't see how that will close the case how do you expect the average nigerian guy to afford that cos you only mentioned the rich so the average nigerian is still going to be stuck in such holdup while the so called rich fly its still the status quo changes nothing except the government wakeup to their responsibilities then and only then can the case be closed
Re: Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! by victorazy(m): 12:46pm On Apr 07, 2012
Fresh air
Re: Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! by bluejeff(m): 12:58pm On Apr 07, 2012
I travelled from kaduna to lagos on thursday. And was stuck there 4 about 1 hour 30 mins. Guess it wasn't so bad then.
Re: Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! by Aussie(m): 1:33pm On Apr 07, 2012
Dis will not stop u people from further voting the people decievimg party. My heart goes out to all who have experienced this. Until we have truely responsible govt in nigeria, it will continue this way and even get worse.
Re: Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! by amaks: 1:40pm On Apr 07, 2012
i believe if govt ressurects the railway transport system, it will help this re-occurring situation. but they are all busy looting and no one cares. too bad.

1 Like

Re: Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! by Ekpekus(m): 2:04pm On Apr 07, 2012
Even today, saturday, the traffic is still pathetic. Though the FRSC are on hand 2 maintain order.
Re: Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! by desthan(m): 3:09pm On Apr 07, 2012
ohh! thank goodness i'm not singing this story anymore. . .

God has been faithful!!!
Re: Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! by talktrue1(m): 3:57pm On Apr 07, 2012
Mine was worst. I joined abc transport coach from abuja to enugu and it took off by 8.00am. We got to lokoja by 11.30pm. We have to sleep over at lokoja and continued this morning by 6.00am. lokoja was crowded. I got to enugu by 12.30 this afternoon. Can you imagine 2 days.
All the coaster buses from abuja spent their night at lokoja.
Re: Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! by talktrue1(m): 3:59pm On Apr 07, 2012
desthan: ohh! thank goodness i'm not singing this story anymore. . .

God has been faithful!!!
All the flights to enugu was cancelled. I booked earlier but they even refunded me my money
Re: Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! by clemmonce(m): 4:43pm On Apr 07, 2012
rekeson: As i type now, i am cauht up in dis terrible hold up in lokoja. Have been in the hold up since 3a.m till dis minute. By the way am travelling from zamfara to delta state in a macapolo luxurious bus. embarassedAs i type now, i am cauht up in dis terrible hold up in lokoja. Have been in the hold up since 3a.m till dis minute. By the way am travelling from zamfara to delta state in a macapolo luxurious bus.
wat are ppl stil doin in plaes like zamfara
Re: Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! by kawkab: 5:20pm On Apr 07, 2012
It is very easy to blame government for situations like this. But the truth is that it is the animalistic attitude of our drivers and others that cause this terrible traffic jam. Immediately there is heavy traffic, these drivers would form up to five lanes on a two lane highway thereby blocking on coming vehicles. Even if the road is a single lane, if everyone sticks to his lane and move slowly, in no time every one would get to his destination. Rather we prefer to act like crazy persons and drive like the world is coming to an end and later blame government for everything.

My brother left Port Harcourt by 7am. He got to Lokoja by 1:00pm but from Lokoja to Abuja which ordinarily no matter what is not more that 2:30 minutes drive; yet he got to abuja by 3:00am.

2 Likes

Re: Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! by grandfada(m): 5:31pm On Apr 07, 2012
Callotti: I have only travelled by road from Abuja once.
Never to be repeated in this my life time.

I think I was asleep behind the vehicle . . .the only passenger at the back of course, so I sprawled out behind the seat to make a nice comfortable bed for the super long journey to the South South. I flew in to Nigeria the previous evening. Then I suddenly found myself on the floor of the vehicle. It took me a few minutes to figure out what I was doing on the floor of the vehicle. I thought I was in another world. . .come to find out the driver had slammed on the brakes and flung me from my deep slumber into the sad reality of the Nigerian Abuja road. He was trying to dodge a porthole.

That Lokoja of a place is not where you want to find yourself. Congested and plain NASTY!

This must be a nightmare.
Boko Haram don pursue efry barry comot from North for H-easter!
Everyone loves Jesus. . .but no one can die and resurrect like him on the 3rd day.cheesy

Mu he he he he he he
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm grin
Callotti: I have only travelled by road from Abuja once.
Never to be repeated in this my life time.

I think I was asleep behind the vehicle . . .the only passenger at the back of course, so I sprawled out behind the seat to make a nice comfortable bed for the super long journey to the South South. I flew in to Nigeria the previous evening. Then I suddenly found myself on the floor of the vehicle. It took me a few minutes to figure out what I was doing on the floor of the vehicle. I thought I was in another world. . .come to find out the driver had slammed on the brakes and flung me from my deep slumber into the sad reality of the Nigerian Abuja road. He was trying to dodge a porthole.

That Lokoja of a place is not where you want to find yourself. Congested and plain NASTY!

This must be a nightmare.
Boko Haram don pursue efry barry comot from North for H-easter!
Everyone loves Jesus. . .but no one can die and resurrect like him on the 3rd day.cheesy

Mu he he he he he he
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! Popcorn.
Re: Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! by onyxo76(m): 5:57pm On Apr 07, 2012
i often wonder what causes all these hold-ups? i traveled from ibadan to ife yesterday, took me almost 90 mins to get out of ibadan,i think there are too many vehicles on limited number of roads.... which have been over stretched. its time we resuscitated the rail system. its simply a case of everyone travelling at the same time.
Re: Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! by Pesuzok(m): 6:05pm On Apr 07, 2012
Left phc for abuja by 8.35am with ABC transport, got to lokoja by 6pm. Imagine I got to abuja by 5am sat morning. That is 11hrs from lokoja to abuja. It was something else, I have never experienced this type before.
We even saw other ABC buses that left abuja for the east by 7am, as at 11pm they are not even close to lokoja.
Thank God all the same
Re: Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 07, 2012
Trailer falls across the Lokoja-Abuja road causing a halt in movement in and out of Abuja

All vehicles moving in or out of Abuja through the Lokoja-Abuja route are currently locked in a massive traffic jam stretching over at least five kilometres.
Stranded commuters who spoke with Premium Times say they have been told that the gridlock is a result of a trailer that has fallen, blocking the entire width of the road, bringing movement both into and out of Abuja to an agonizing snarl.
The heavy traffic is concentrated around Gadabiyu, close to Kwali, commuters say.
“We’ve been here for over an hour and more people were here before us. From where I am, I can’t even see the trailer. Cars are not coming into or leaving Abuja,” a distraught commuter, who identified himself as Musikilu, said.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/4529-breaking_news_lokoja-abuja_road_lockdown.html
Re: Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! by babaowo: 8:14pm On Apr 07, 2012
okooyinbo: Holdup in Nigeria is not always due to bad road. If Nigerians had regard for orderliness, most of the hold-ups wont even happen. Majority of the people plying the Nigerian roads cant really drive. Driving is not about moving the vehicle, but also respecting rules and regulations and other road users. Nigerians are quite stubborn and impatient which explain the frequent occurence of terrible hold-ups everywhere and a lot of ghastly accidents taking many lives with it. Even on a bad road, you dont need to spend hours if all people would behave in an orderly manner. Alas, there are laws, but definitely there is no order in Nigeria.
.... Every bad drivers need to change.
Re: Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! by Connoisseur(m): 8:18pm On Apr 07, 2012
Jeovy: angry Lost my Dad on that Lokoja road to accident. May His soul rest in perfect peace. Amen

Hey Jeovy, my condolences.
Mnwhl, longest tym. It's been a long while
Re: Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! by msb247(m): 9:56pm On Apr 07, 2012
basty: Thank God for the Rich in Nigeria, I saw on CNN yesterday, a car that that fly and equally move on the road. The thought of hold up is no longer there. Case closed.

and you think that car would be effectively used in nigeria? undecided
Re: Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! by msb247(m): 10:01pm On Apr 07, 2012
kawkab: It is very easy to blame government for situations like this. But the truth is that it is the animalistic attitude of our drivers and others that cause this terrible traffic jam. Immediately there is heavy traffic, these drivers would form up to five lanes on a two lane highway thereby blocking on coming vehicles. Even if the road is a single lane, if everyone sticks to his lane and move slowly, in no time every one would get to his destination. Rather we prefer to act like crazy persons and drive like the world is coming to an end and later blame government for everything.

My brother left Port Harcourt by 7am. He got to Lokoja by 1:00pm but from Lokoja to Abuja which ordinarily no matter what is not more that 2:30 minutes drive; yet he got to abuja by 3:00am.

well said! thank you
Re: Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! by msb247(m): 10:11pm On Apr 07, 2012
The problem we have is that those who are supposed to do something about all these mostly travel by air and are unaware of the real situation. Even when they need their cars where they intend to go, their drivers drive down by road while they fly.

Also, the way nigerians drive is.......... lipsrsealed undecided cry cry cry ..........impatience, strong-head, always in a hurry, etc. Very sad!
Re: Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! by lynkyinka(m): 12:24pm On Apr 08, 2012
Thatz d Worst holdup of my life, if not that humans forget things easily, i shudnt travel by road again oo, left ogbomoso by 5.30am destined for abuja, i spent 3hrs on that lokoja brifge alone, unbeleivably we arrived abj @ 1am, i just thank God i got home safely
Re: Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! by isacolukay(m): 11:29pm On Feb 03, 2016
basty:
Thank God for the Rich in Nigeria, I saw on CNN yesterday, a car that that fly and equally move on the road. The thought of hold up is no longer there. Case closed.

Bro, even after 4 years, I am forced to say this u can lie sha.

1 Like

Re: Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! by Heybeedee(m): 1:05pm On Mar 19, 2018
basty:
Thank God for the Rich in Nigeria, I saw on CNN yesterday, a car that that fly and equally move on the road. The thought of hold up is no longer there. Case closed.
grin
basty:
Even after 6 yrs.... i salute ur terrific lie

(1) (2) (Reply)

Airlines Seek 45% Increase In Fares / My Trip To Sweden And Poland / Vietnam: What Do You Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.