Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,833 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

3rd Class,how Can He Help Himself? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 3rd Class,how Can He Help Himself? (1183 Views)

How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? / When Did You Know You'd Be Bagging A 3rd Class (or Pass) ? / 3rd Class Degree Holders& Banking Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3rd Class,how Can He Help Himself? by Malabeni: 12:12pm On Apr 07, 2012
I have a brother who came out with a 3rd Class in Accountancy. He's has never been a dull fellow,just a victim of ill health. The problem now is that,he has always wanted to be a lecturer. Due to his poor grade,he wants to do a PGD with his ultimate aim being getting a Phd to make it easier to realise his dream,becoming a lecturer in a University. However,he has this gnawing fear weighing him down from investing in such a dream. Would the 3rd class degree stil stand in his way and delay him from getting a lecturing job after a Phd? Please your advice is needed. Note:he does not plan to study outside Nigeria.
Re: 3rd Class,how Can He Help Himself? by PurerareGold: 1:35pm On Apr 07, 2012
If he goes with his plan,he is bound †☺ achieve his desires.
Re: 3rd Class,how Can He Help Himself? by tanimola22: 2:25pm On Apr 07, 2012
Malabeni: I have a brother who came out with a 3rd Class in Accountancy. He's has never been a dull fellow,just a victim of ill health. The problem now is that,he has always wanted to be a lecturer. Due to his poor grade,he wants to do a PGD with his ultimate aim being getting a Phd to make it easier to realise his dream,becoming a lecturer in a University. However,he has this gnawing fear weighing him down from investing in such a dream. Would the 3rd class degree stil stand in his way and delay him from getting a lecturing job after a Phd? Please your advice is needed. Note:he does not plan to study outside Nigeria.

Hi, I know an associate professor in Naija who had a third class in his BSc. He rose to become an associate prof in the same department where many who had above a third class grade are still senior lecturers, lecturer 1, doctor this and doctor that etc. He did not rise to this position as a result of the number of years he has lectured. Instead, he rose to the position by pure hard work through publishing papers in average international journals year after year. The guy is highly motivated, and his enthusiasm has made him see beyond his third class undergraduate degree. The said guy travels all around the world to attend conferences, seminars and intellectual debates in his field. At times, I wonder how that guy even made a third class sef. He is just too motivated. I wonder what has been his source of motivation. The only criticism I have for the guy is that he is just too hard on students. If he catches any student cheating, well that student should say goodbye to university education cheesy. The guy has no mercy.

I would have loved to mention the associate professor's name and the department and university where he lectures. However, I just have to respect the guy's privacy.

Hope this will brighten your brother's day. Your brother should henceforth try to do very well in any degree he decides to pursue. He should vehemently pursue his dreams.

All the best to the dude!

T22.

3 Likes

Re: 3rd Class,how Can He Help Himself? by rodeo0070(m): 12:36pm On Dec 26, 2013
Let him do his ICAN...

(1) (Reply)

#GEJAchievements Youwin Success Stories / Auditing Or Consulting: Please Advise / How I Got A Job Through Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.