Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Experience When You 1st Arrived From Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Experience When You 1st Arrived From Nigeria (980 Views)

Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola / Travelling From Nigeria To Niger Republic / Your Experience When You First Flew To The U.s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experience When You 1st Arrived From Nigeria by NVME1: 7:32pm On Nov 03, 2007
Alot of people really go through hard times when they initially arrive from Nigeria,
A friend of mine actually told me that his friend did not even bother to come and pick him from the airport but to God be the GLORY he met a black friend that helped him & today he is doing real fine. (just finfished his PhD)

Some will tell you to find your way to their house,while some give numbers that they cannot be reached on or simply switch off their phone the moment you touch the airport etc.

I guess there are other fellow nairalanders who even had worst experiences with relatives or friends when they first arrived from Nigeria.

Irrespective of where you are currently residing could you share your own experience
Re: Experience When You 1st Arrived From Nigeria by Seun(m): 7:50pm On Nov 03, 2007
Re: Experience When You 1st Arrived From Nigeria by Dantecmu(m): 7:38am On Nov 04, 2007
Thus goes my Experience

My brother My experience was quite intresting but at the same time an eye opener. The first time i arrived London HEATHROW to be precise Enroute Dubline planned to spend a night or two in london but on arrival after immigration oyinbo don direct me go terminal 2 so i could get a connecting Flight to DUBLIN i called my paddy for airport with a call card giving to me by a cleaner at the airport after she helped me with all tha code and bla bla bla i punched in my guyz number it rang and to my amazement he didnt pick up, i mean he knew i would be at the airport at that time second dial no response i said to my self ALL MAN FOR HIMSELF took the next flight to Dublin.

THATS WHY I AM AMAZED WHEN I READ SOME POST ON THIS THREAD ABOUT THAT SAME LONDON.
Re: Experience When You 1st Arrived From Nigeria by NVME1: 2:03pm On Nov 04, 2007
Siena:

My experience would be more "what it was like when I first visited Nigeria". tongue

I guess you have been living outside nigeria, so tell us your experience when you first visited Nigeria
Re: Experience When You 1st Arrived From Nigeria by mylife4u: 9:22am On Nov 05, 2007
@NV ME

why dont u start from urself first, i think thatr will make people reply better

(1) (Reply)

How Is Life In Germany / 5 Tips For What To Do If You Get Sick On Honeymoon Vacation / I Am Coming To Nigeria, Lagos, Recommend Me The Best Hotel!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.